• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

B.Mack

Smash Ace
insta-crash isnt random. it's the best way to pull out the bike in my opinion and it's really easy to do. just bike and then flick the control stick to down/back diagonal.

was watching some wario matches earlier...

mixing up your landings with clap/dair and falling bite is godly.
fair/nair are still awesome for beating MKs glide attack.
Krystedez is still too good with the bike.
tire gameplay still needs more development.

BPx

Smash Lord
I like using clap or dair. nair/fair/bair don't work. most of your grounded stuff will work if you need to, fmash etc.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
D-Air is usually best, as you rarely want to outright kill the Pikmin, and you shouldn't stale your U-Air if you can help it.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
What move should wario use to get pikmin off of him?
Check out the Wario Hitbox thread! Wario has a few good moves to get pikmin off him, depending on where they are on his body. Dair and Uair are definitely good ones, and tires are pretty good against pikmin spam as well. It's tough to do perfectly, but trade with pikmin throw (except I think purple pikmin destroy tires).

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Which characters can GR -> guaranteed hit on wario?

Sheik, Marth, Snake, & Falcon are the ones I know. anyone else?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Which characters can GR -> guaranteed hit on wario?

Sheik, Marth, Snake, & Falcon are the ones I know. anyone else?
Ike, Zero Suit Samus, Donkey Kong, King Dedede, Peach, Yoshi, WARIO, Ganondorf, Ivysaur. I can't remember if Zelda, ROB, and Bowser can or not.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
He can(like everybody else), but I don't think it's guaranteed. I might be wrong, so if somebody could correct me if needed.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Can anyone give me a brief description of the uses of Nair/fair/bair? :x

I checked the guides n stuff but they are weird lol

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Fair is super fast, and good for poking. Because of Wario's air speed, he can quickly get in and poke with a few fairs, and they can string together sometimes.
Bair is used for spacing, but isn't used as much because of the lag. It's got a lot of range, and can kill at the edge at high percents, and does pretty good damage.
Nair might be my favorite move for Wario. It hits twice, so it catches people in their shield, or if they're rolling. It can also poke, and can be used to freshen other moves well.
Fair and Nair should be used a lot, but Bair shouldn't be used as much. Use Bair for spacing, but be careful of its lag.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Fair is phenomenal for poking and as a quick Oos poke. Nair is THE BEST MOVE IN THE GAME! Nair is soooooo awesome I could write a whole book on that move. Masky covered the main parts of it but a bit more depth is needed. Bair has legit range, longer range poke but less utility since it has bad landing lag. Bair is one of the best moves for edgeguarding that Wario has.

Why Nair is awesome:

1. Frame 5 it comes out on I think. Freaking fast as a mofo. Great for Oos.

2. Two hitboxes. Sexkick champion. The moves lasts forever, and has like super small landing lag.

3. Combo contender. Nair1 and Nair2 can both lead into some sick combos.

Nair1 -> Nair2

Nair2 ->grab/bite/fsmash/dtilt/fart/jab

Nair2 opponent near ledge -> runoff fastfall footstool, easy cypher bite against snake

4. Grabs items like a boss.

5. Both hits are **** for gimping.
Watch some of my videos. From what I've seen, I use Nair far more than other Warios. Nair has sick combo potential and basically is freakin awesome! :D

kman102191

Smash Rookie
hey guys i posted about a week ago askin about the D3 matchup and i still have trouble against D3 but its getting better i just have to learn to be much more patient in this MU

i have another mu that i can see i will have problems with as will most warios and thats marth
i have trouble picking a spot to approach marth it feels like his sword just has so much more range compared to me
what should i be looking for when to attack while not risking letting him abuse that painful grab release

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Marth can be tough. Wario has WAY better speed in the air than Marth, but A LOT less range(except for maybe bair). Wario has to weave in and out of Marth to land his moves, or wait for Marth to whiff a fair. He can space well on the ground too, so try to stay in the air except for when you can get right next to him for jab, bite, Fsmash, ect.

Just stay in the air and use Wario's speed to your advantage.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Your best position is underneath him. If you get a grab, throw him upward. From there, he has little defense against your juggling game. If you can, try to bait him into fullhopping or using his mid-air jump. He only has so much space to move backward, so it shouldn't be too hard to manage. That said, it's still a difficult matchup.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Thanks a lot guys. Wario ***** <3

BTW can Falco guarantee an air release on wario?

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
No, Falco cannot guarantee the AR. I suggest that you never buttonmash if you get grabbed by characters who dont dont have the guaranteed AR on Wario. If you accidentally hit your jump button or flick the stick up while getting grabbed and they dont pummel, then the AR will ALWAYS occur. Sometimes they might wait and see if accidentally jumped and punish with a deadly move.
I've lost my stock a few times in tournaments because of this :S

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
When I want to make sure I don't get air-released, I half-circle from left to right and back again (obviously going toward down) and press A and B repeatedly.

Alternatively, there's always that grab break technique that K Prime showcased...

Kaffei

Smash Hero
What are Wario's worst match ups?
Peach, DDD & Marth? Apparently MK is too but I strongly believe that the MU is even =D

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What are Wario's worst match ups?
Peach, DDD & Marth? Apparently MK is too but I strongly believe that the MU is even =D
Most people would say those three, yeah. Dedede will wall you with B-Air for eight minutes, and you're going for a ride if you get grabbed, so you have to poke for days.

Marth is frustrating because of great grab-release shenanigans and his general ability to keep safe from a short-hop. It's another match where you have to play really carefully. If at all possible, get him above you and KEEP him there.

People say Peach is bad because of her general range, quick moves, and priority. She's hard to get in on, and she's generally difficult to combo, but, I find that she can be camped pretty easily if you can get the lead.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ohh I see. Thanks again Reflex haha
btw are you going to cot5?
Wish I could (especially since I got free entry for winning an earlier tournament), but no one would work out a ride situation with me, and it was too expensive for me to fly out there. :(

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Wish I could (especially since I got free entry for winning an earlier tournament), but no one would work out a ride situation with me, and it was too expensive for me to fly out there. :(
oh that sux t.t
well it's ok i cant go either lolz. nice @ that tourney win =D

o ya one more question
what can the grab releasers do out of their grab release?

Sheik can tipper usmash and uair?
Snake can do bair, uair and nair
Marth can usmash and reverse tipper fsmash
Falcon can up b and knee
Ike utilt?
DK can usmash
DDD does dthrow 999x then usmash? (how much dmg is that LOL)
peach can usmash
Wario can uair? and fart
Ganon can infinite pummel right?
Zelda usmash?
Bowser idk
Ivysaur idk
yoshi idk
ZSS idk

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
oh that sux t.t
well it's ok i cant go either lolz. nice @ that tourney win =D

o ya one more question
what can the grab releasers do out of their grab release?

Sheik can tipper usmash and uair?
Snake can do bair, uair and nair
Marth can usmash and reverse tipper fsmash
Falcon can up b and knee
Ike utilt?
DK can usmash
DDD does dthrow 999x then usmash? (how much dmg is that LOL)
peach can usmash
Wario can uair? and fart
Ganon can infinite pummel right?
Zelda usmash?
Bowser idk
Ivysaur idk
yoshi idk
ZSS idk
Sheik will either tipper U-Smash or start an F-Tilt lock.
Snake will N-Air or D-Air (for damage) U-Air (for vertical KOs) B-Air (for horizontal KOs), and can place a C4 on you (for hilarity).
Marth will U-Smash (for damage) or reverse tipped F-Smash (for the KO).
Falcon will F-Air.
Ike will U-Tilt (vertical KOs), B-Air (horizontal KOs), and D-Air (I think; for pressure and stuff).
Donkey Kong can D-Air (for pressure and stuff), U-Smash (for vertical KOs) and F-Smash (I think, for horizontal KOs).
Dedede can D-Throw infinite (TO KILL YOU), B-Air and F-Air (for horizontal KOs), U-Tilt and U-Smash (for vertical KOs).
Peach will U-Smash (though the last one will see the most use), but can N-Air if she thinks you're gonna try to DI straight left or right.
Wario can U-Air, Waft, or rising D-Air (at low percents, to combo into something else).
Ganon can only regrab infinite if you lose your midair jump before the grab. Otherwise, he'll F-Smash (for KOs) or D-Air (for pressure and stuff).
Zelda will F-Air or B-Air you.
Bowser will probably B-Air (horizontal KOs) or U-Smash (vertical KOs and damage).
Ivysaur will U-Air you (vertical KOs) or N-Air (for combo potential).
Yoshi will U-Smash or U-Air.
Zero Suit Samus will D-Smash.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
o god
maybe i'll just switch back to MK for that match up lol

btw!
what frame does bike come out on?

BPx

Smash Lord
Most warios think d3 is really bad, i don't think its terrible, but screwing up can cost you a lot of %. Its pretty much the ice climbers MU but he can wall you with bair. harder and more frustrating, but winnable.

/2cents

Kaffei

Smash Hero
ya... im going mk
LOL

well maybe. wario is just too fun

o also

Is there a way to dacus with Wario perfectly and 100% consistently (like a controller set up or something)

Top Bottom