• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Full fart takes 2 minutes to get though and that's assuming you don't get/try to kill with a half fart.

Whatever happens. IF you dont have the chance to, or if your opponent isnt at a high enough %..

If i have a half waft and the opponent is newly spawning or has very low %, i just wait for the full waft. thats just me.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm sure you guys are just playing actual MK mains, but I really haven't had too much of a problem with the MU. I've beaten a few MKs in tourney, and I feel like Wario could have it a lot worse. The MU just sucks because you have to play so defensively. Literally nothing Wario has actually beats MK (exaggeration), so you have to find creative ways to play the MU, be it tires/baiting/good wafts.

Next time I play with Domo, I'll try to get a few sets recorded. He is probably the best MK who actually lives in the same region shrug. All I know is every time people pull pocket MKs, I beat them :/
Domo is pretty good at the MU. We've had to play each other in tournament quite a bit in the past, usually very even sets. He's a smart player, usually whoever wins between us is the guy who adapts to the other the most.

BPx

Smash Lord
We started playing friendlies @ event52, but got kicked off for tourney matches :[ I was going close to even though.

I really just need to upgrade to premium and switch my tag to BPOW, that what I've been using since I started, just made this tag RIGHT when I got into the community, haha. I'll try to actually record some stuff @ brainshock :p

BPx

Smash Lord
Question for you guys.
You know on some slanted stages when your bike drives at a diagonal and looks cool as **** randomly? How do you actually make it do that? I mean when it looks like its going diagonally in the air, maybe a glitch or something. shrug, thought it was worth asking.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Stand on the slant. Ride your bike up the slant, and right when you get on then press the other direction. You will ZOOM up into the air, pivot and then come down again. I think you can do it on straight parts too, but you fly down to the bottom of the stage haha.

AfRo ToAd

Smash Cadet
NNID
AfRo_ToAd
Hey Wario mainers!! Yoshi main here, I just started using Wario 3 days ago & im LOViNG him ALOT!!! I would main him if he didnt have SO many grab releases though!! Geez its ANNOYiNG!!!!!

But that doesnt stop me. If your Wario..It should be almost impossible to get grabed so dont get grabed xD

But Umm...Im here to brawl some SUPER legit Pro Wario's!!! I LOVE him so far but I dont have a clear picture of how he should be played. So anyone here wanna show me how its done??

Thx Wario mains for your help :p

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Welcome to the community!

What state do you live in? There might be a SuperFartasticLegit Wario 2 doors down from you. You never know.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Can I get some advice on the ditto? I never really learned it besides watching videos and playing, but I never really understood how to play it properly, or what mindset I'm really supposed to have.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Can I get some advice on the ditto? I never really learned it besides watching videos and playing, but I never really understood how to play it properly, or what mindset I'm really supposed to have.
Same here. I know to do/don't grab release stuff. That's about it. =O

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Isnt that basically asking "how do i beat you?"

Well, i think its all about creativity and the tricks that you (as a wario) have that separates you from the others. What you abuse, what you dont abuse. just play the ditto and take pride in your character.

Pride is what will make you win against other warios.. for real!

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Isnt that basically asking "how do i beat you?"

Well, i think its all about creativity and the tricks that you (as a wario) have that separates you from the others. What you abuse, what you dont abuse. just play the ditto and take pride in your character.

Pride is what will make you win against other warios.. for real!
I remember playing a ditto last year, and when they got above me more, they tended to do better, because they hit me more with dair than I hit them with any other move.

Really I heard that a ditto is just like any other matchup, and that you need to learn it to be good at it.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people forget to practice the ditto. They just go for the top tiers, and skip Wario. Then, they get surprised when they get owned by a low tier or another Wario. Low tiers still have things to offer, and so do your fellow Warios.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Okay, but can you jab cancel without crouching with some characters? I think I've done something with it, but it may of been escapable.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah. The catch is you can't press down too hard, or else you'll crouch.

:phone:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Haha will do!

That was his first time ever using bowser. haha, literally he had just started to play him that day. One day old bowser too good xD
Haha, I literally just read that on the Bowser boards.

I'm sure he'll get edjumacated.

SAX

Smash Ace
Haha, I literally just read that on the Bowser boards.

I'm sure he'll get edjumacated.

Yeah, he seems like he really wants to get good with him. He already knows like everything you could possibly imagine about him. I'm sure He'll be placing better soon.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Why don't I see Warios shark under Delphino with bike? Is it that I don't see many Warios on Delphino? I don't know, but I just realized how legit it can be against characters that can't shark.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
It's okay to do, but against other good aerial characters it's not that good. You can only do clap once or twice under, so it shouldn't be used all game. If you know it's safe against some characters, then it would be a lot better that against a character like MK.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I looked through all the stickied threads, did a ton of searching (the search feature is terrible btw), and did pretty much everything I could except look through the pages of the Q&A thread and can't find the answers to these questions:

How do you do the thing on Brinstar where you go off the left platform on your bike when it's inclined then keep going as if the platform was still there and turn?

Is the instant crash random or is it actually possible to do this every time?

What other useless bike-related glitches should I be aware of other than the super jump ones/looping?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
How do you do the thing on Brinstar where you go off the left platform on your bike when it's inclined then keep going as if the platform was still there and turn?

Is the instant crash random or is it actually possible to do this every time?

What other useless bike-related glitches should I be aware of other than the super jump ones/looping?
Just pull out your bike on the edge of any greatly-slanted ground (like the Brinstar platforms or the edges of Yoshi's Island) in the direction of the higher end, and try to turn before you start moving anywhere.

As far as I know, it's random, but I was under the impression that you have a higher chance based on how fast you're going and how quickly you press the other direction to turn. I could be completely wrong, though.

These aren't really glitches, but, here are some bike-related quirks you might like to know.

The bike has ~20% HP, but it gets set back to the maximum if you ride it again, and it cannot take damage while you ride it.

The bike can normally be pushed by G&W's U-Air wind effect, but if you are riding it, it cannot.

Hard throwing the bike downward on slanted surfaces can cause some interesting bouncing effects. For example, throwing it down on the edge of Yoshi's Story will murder characters who rely on recovering low.

kman102191

Smash Rookie
i really need help with dedede my friend just picked him up and can do all the standard D3 chain grab grab release shinnanigans

on almost every stage his D3 has become pretty much a hard counter to my wario if anyone could give a brief writeup on what i am looking to do in this mu it would be very helpful

*to note* i have watched all the videos and i feel like maybe i just get grabbed a little too much but i still have alot of trouble approaching D3 and my nair seems to whiff alot when i feel like i am right on top of D3

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i really need help with dedede my friend just picked him up and can do all the standard D3 chain grab grab release shinnanigans

on almost every stage his D3 has become pretty much a hard counter to my wario if anyone could give a brief writeup on what i am looking to do in this mu it would be very helpful

*to note* i have watched all the videos and i feel like maybe i just get grabbed a little too much but i still have alot of trouble approaching D3 and my nair seems to whiff alot when i feel like i am right on top of D3
The main issue should be his B-Air. If you can, poke him when he's not using B-Air with various moves and just stay out of his range.

Get used to where Dedede lands after things like N-Air and Bite so that you know when you can deal more damage and when you should just back off.

Just hover around just outside his range and wait for him to jump high. Rising D-Air works well in this matchup.

You should rarely be on the ground next to him, because that's just asking to get grabbed. You have to play really, really safe in this matchup to succeed regularly.

kman102191

Smash Rookie
The main issue should be his B-Air. If you can, poke him when he's not using B-Air with various moves and just stay out of his range.

Get used to where Dedede lands after things like N-Air and Bite so that you know when you can deal more damage and when you should just back off.

Just hover around just outside his range and wait for him to jump high. Rising D-Air works well in this matchup.

You should rarely be on the ground next to him, because that's just asking to get grabbed. You have to play really, really safe in this matchup to succeed regularly.

Thanks for the responce i'll def keep this in mind when i play him soon and i'll ask again if i have any more issues!

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
STAY IN THE AIR AGAINST D3 WHEN HE IS ON THE GROUND. Do your best not to get grabbed, especially at higher percents when he can air release you. If he wiffs a bair, then you might be able to weave in with a fair, dair, or maybe a uair. The air is your friend in this match up...

SAX

Smash Ace
Just pull out your bike on the edge of any greatly-slanted ground (like the Brinstar platforms or the edges of Yoshi's Island) in the direction of the higher end, and try to turn before you start moving anywhere.

As far as I know, it's random, but I was under the impression that you have a higher chance based on how fast you're going and how quickly you press the other direction to turn. I could be completely wrong, though.

These aren't really glitches, but, here are some bike-related quirks you might like to know.

The bike has ~20% HP, but it gets set back to the maximum if you ride it again, and it cannot take damage while you ride it.

The bike can normally be pushed by G&W's U-Air wind effect, but if you are riding it, it cannot.

Hard throwing the bike downward on slanted surfaces can cause some interesting bouncing effects. For example, throwing it down on the edge of Yoshi's Story will murder characters who rely on recovering low.
You actually can do it on command. My friend SOLO can do it on command like 95% of the time.
All you do is buffer a turn-around when you get on the bike, but you have to angle it downwards and the opposite way you're facing.

Like, If you're facing right and use the bike. you'd have to buffer a turn-around by pointing your control stick at like 7-8 o clock. I can't remember If you have to slide the control stick or not. I'll ask him again when he gets back.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys.

For the instant wipe out thing, I thought you had to hit diagonally back and down quickly then let it return to neutral to do it. I tried holding down then sliding the control stick to down/left when I do the bike going right and it works every time. lol It's way easier than I was making it.

Top Bottom