• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
I would not mind Wonder Red being in the game as a character, but to me it seems like it is unlikely because the Wonderful 101 comes out in a month or two and the Smash roster was finalized sometime after KI: Uprising and Nintendo still dose not know if it will be a hit or not. Maybe as DLC or for Smash 5,but I do want Wonder Red as a character or assist. As far as new IP is concerenced he faces Shulk and Dillon as prime candidates. I support Wonder Red in Smash, it is just very unlikely. (Although if I recall Nintendo advertised this game a lot)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Is it really true that Nintendo owns The Wonderful 101 IP? I didn't realize...I thought it was in the same situation as Bayonetta.

If so that really could shake things up.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Is it really true that Nintendo owns The Wonderful 101 IP? I didn't realize...I thought it was in the same situation as Bayonetta.

They own it because Platinum Games is just a development company, so whoever funds and publishes the game for development is the owner of the IP. Sega owns Bayonetta; they just are in such a bad place that let Nintendo publish the game this time.

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice

in the end it's just down to who owns the rights. Usually in situations where it's a new franchise exclusive to a console published by the console developer, he rights are held by the console developer in question. there are exceptions for the likes of indie games and publishing giants like capcom.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
That game looks really cool it will be one of the titles I get for the wii u, when I get it :(. Idk if a character is likely but I wouldn't complain.

yani

Smash Lord
Here's to hoping Wonder Red is confirmed in the The Wonderful 101 Direct on Friday. :)

edit- Please add me to the support list. :D

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I am not sure if they will add them since this is their first game, but if they plan to make it a lasting franchise I don't see why not. Would they be like the ice climbers with several characters around you (Or just 3) since the specials weapons are made of people? And the wonderful 101 would be a glorious final smash and the heroes would definitely be unique.

yani

Smash Lord
Well since there's 7 main heroes I think it would just be Wonder Red. Maybe Wonder Blue as an AT since he and Sonic share the same VA (assuming Sonic returns that is ;))

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm kind of wondering how Wonder Red's moveset would work without any of the other 101, but then again I don't much know his full capabilities at this point anyway. Plus including more than one W101 character with Wonder Red seems kinda awkward and impractical, especially if Sakurai is already having trouble with the Ice Climbers (and possibly the Pikmin).

He'd be a cool character, but I think the most we'll see from him is an AT. I think that's the best way to represent the W101 at this point anyway.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I'm kind of wondering how Wonder Red's moveset would work without any of the other 101, but then again I don't much know his full capabilities at this point anyway. Plus including more than one W101 character with Wonder Red seems kinda awkward and impractical, especially if Sakurai is already having trouble with the Ice Climbers (and possibly the Pikmin).

He'd be a cool character, but I think the most we'll see from him is an AT. I think that's the best way to represent the W101 at this point anyway.
Maybe his attacks 'spawn' the heroes and they disappear afterwards? Or maybe it would be reserved for final smash? Maybe some of his attacks will use (If 4 people are playing) the other characters as weapons. That also makes think he may just show up as an Assist Trophy if he shows up at all.

yani

Smash Lord
Maybe for his specials they can just give him his red fist. Perhaps it could be used for grabbing ledges and throws too. Leave the other 99 people for the UNITEEEEE HAND final smash.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Is the wonder 101 3rd partie or Nintendo if Nintendo count me in for support I mean this guy could be a Nintendo viewtiful joe if this is a Nintendo character

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
He is a Nintendo character.
Ok count me in on support and very likly if true if sakurai visited the platinum company

As a matter of fact if sakurai visit these guys before development he might be interest since this game is based off viewtiful joe but no guarantees

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
From Platinum Games' blog:

There will be a Nintendo Direct dedicated solely to The Wonderful 101 at 7:00 AM Pacific in Northern America, 4:00 PM CEST in Europe (3PM BST) on August 9th and 12:00 AM AEDT in Australia on August 10th!
This episode will be hosted by a special guest you all know and love, who will show you the latest trailer and tell you how to play the game…

DIRECTLY!

Make sure to watch it all the way through, because there might just be an exciting new announcement at the end!
http://platinumgames.com/2013/08/09/w101-blog-ep-11-go-the-people-need-saving/

Could be stretching, but Smash announcement?

nessokman

Smash Lord
Given W101 is published by nintendo,and platinum and nintendo having this close relationship, I could see it happening.i wouldn't doubt iwata gave sakurai a direct request for it.i honestly wouldn't be mad. People misinterpret everything sakurai says. They think by him limiting 3rd party characters, megaman will be the only one. So regardless of who owns W101 he has a decent chance

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I wouldn't keep my hopes up.
It's very possible, however it could be something like Bayonetta 2's release date, or some cameo appearance in the game.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I think for Wonder Red to work, he needs other members of his team. So if he were to be announced, I expect him to be joined by Wonder Green, Wonder Pink, and Wonder Blue. I think Wonder Red takes the lead and has the actual character name, but the other Wonder characters make up his specials. Unite Whip is the recovery, Unite Gun is the forward, Unite Sword is down special, and Unite Fist is the neutral. Smash attacks will be variations of Unite Fist.

Hideki Kamiya mentioned that the game is about working together and teamwork, and I can't imagine a smash appearance without that.

My guess is the announcement has to do with Kamiya's next game as a director after this.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Given W101 is published by nintendo,and platinum and nintendo having this close relationship, I could see it happening.i wouldn't doubt iwata gave sakurai a direct request for it.i honestly wouldn't be mad. People misinterpret everything sakurai says. They think by him limiting 3rd party characters, megaman will be the only one. So regardless of who owns W101 he has a decent chance
well being a 2nd party game W101 has a slightly higher chance than if it was 3rd party.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
I would like to be added as a supporter. Maybe the special announcement is Wonder Red in Smash 4. I'm just worried he won't make it because Kamiya said that w101 isn't getting enough advertisement, adding a character to Smash is pretty big advertisement, and I doubt Sakurai added Wonder Red in the time between his twitter post about lack of advertisement, and Friday. Adding characters isn't that quick. Unless he was planned from the start of the project.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I would like to be added as a supporter. Maybe the special announcement is Wonder Red in Smash 4. I'm just worried he won't make it because Kamiya said that w101 isn't getting enough advertisement, adding a character to Smash is pretty big advertisement, and I doubt Sakurai added Wonder Red in the time between his twitter post about lack of advertisement, and Friday. Adding characters isn't that quick. Unless he was planned from the start of the project.
Added.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I hadn't really thought much about Wonder Red since I find it difficult to get invested in a character before their game is even released, but this definitely raises some eyebrows. I do believe Nintendo is the TW101 IP holder, so there's every possibility a Smash inclusion has been in the works. And there was Sakurai's mystery visit to Platinum Games last Spetember.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
You know even if Sakurai visited Platinum he could just be visiting to view the art assists/ characters/ discuss....assist trophies or stages or something other than a character.

D

Deleted member

Apparently there is a brand new announcement that most of you know. I have a gut feeling that he is going to be announced given the circumstances. He will probably count as Nintendo owned, so I don't think it hurts characters such as Sonic. If he gets announced, I would be incredibly surprised. I'm not expecting it, but I can sorta feel it.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
I don't care what the special announcement is, I just want it to not something small and pathetic. If it's about a new Kamiya game, WR in Smash, or something big, i'll be alright. If it's something small as adding Miis to W101, or the something like that, ehhhhh.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I don't care what the special announcement is, I just want it to not something small and pathetic. If it's about a new Kamiya game, WR in Smash, or something big, i'll be alright. If it's something small as adding Miis to W101, or the something like that, ehhhhh.
This. Just this.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm trying to think what this announcement could be other than Smash related.

There not going to announce a sequel already. I can't see them taking away time from 101 to announce Bayonetta 2's release date and I can't see them saying ''BAYONETTA IN DA SMASH."

Something is definitely happening tomorrow that's going to be unique and exciting either way.

Top Bottom