• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I very much doubt W101 will get a playable character, but it's entirely possible, I'd even say likely, that W101 will get an AT (probably the red guy).

Well if Nintendo does own them, that would be awesome.
They're a second party IP, like Pokemon, Golden Sun, The Last Story, Starfy, etc. so Nintendo does co-own them and they could appear in Smash.

To this day, we still have no idea what the character's names are, huh? :laugh:
Yeah, it's really bugging me for some reason, I wish that by now we had names to know them by. The longer they go without names, the higher chance they'll get fan names like Debbie. :laugh::p
(or Kenny I guess)

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
I very much doubt W101 will get a playable character, but it's entirely possible, I'd even say likely, that W101 will get an AT (probably the red guy).

They're a second party IP, like Pokemon, Golden Sun, The Last Story, Starfy, etc. so Nintendo does co-own them and they could appear in Smash.
That's cool. It true that it's incredibly likely they won't be playable, but I'd atleast like to see an assist trophy of them. A bunch of those little guys could run around and form a fist, & just start punching all around or something

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Oh, well...I'm now over come with joy. Just knowing that they have a chance makes me happy. (Platinum can now have a rep and not take up a third party slot. Lol)

:phone:

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
It would basically come down to whether or not Nintendo would want to take a gamble with a new series that, as of now, has yet to be released

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
It would basically come down to whether or not Nintendo would want to take a gamble with a new series that, as of now, has yet to be released
Were going to be getting this way before SSB4.

So, we'll just have to wait and see how the game turns out.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
True, but characters and the roster are probably already in the works. So maybe they'll be a later addition, or assume the game will sell well

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think that if Platinum were to get a rep, it should be the W101.
As good as their games might be, and as fitting as some characters might be, Platinum will not be getting a playable rep this time around. If they continue this new relationship they have with Nintendo, it could be very possible in the future, but not for this game.

Were going to be getting this way before SSB4.

So, we'll just have to wait and see how the game turns out.
Like Aipom said, most of the roster has probably already been chosen at this time, the only characters who would probably be given the exception to be added late are those around the same level as Megaman or something, definitely not a W101 character. They aren't going to shift and re-order their development (and possibly cause delays) to accommodate the addition of a W101 character, no matter how well received the game is. Plus, if any character from a new post-Brawl IP is getting in, it's going to be Shulk. Not only will it be extremely hard to overtake his popularity (especially in Japan) but he had the benefit of hitting his popularity peak when the roster was actually being decided upon.

Just because they are eligible to be included in Smash, doesn't mean you should get your hopes up that they'll get any major kind of content. Really, anything more than an AT and some trophies is unlikely.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
As good as their games might be, and as fitting as some characters might be, Platinum will not be getting a playable rep this time around. If they continue this new relationship they have with Nintendo, it could be very possible in the future, but not for this game.

Like Aipom said, most of the roster has probably already been chosen at this time, the only characters who would probably be given the exception to be added late are those around the same level as Megaman or something, definitely not a W101 character. They aren't going to shift and re-order their development (and possibly cause delays) to accommodate the addition of a W101 character, no matter how well received the game is. Plus, if any character from a new post-Brawl IP is getting in, it's going to be Shulk. Not only will it be extremely hard to overtake his popularity (especially in Japan) but he had the benefit of hitting his popularity peak when the roster was actually being decided upon.

Just because they are eligible to be included in Smash, doesn't mean you should get your hopes up that they'll get any major kind of content. Really, anything more than an AT and some trophies is unlikely.
Never said they'd be playable either. I just want to see them reped now. :rolleyes:

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
Just seen trailers for X and this... can't believe I'd given up on Nintendo with new IPs.

They'd be so, so fantastic, and it's the closest I'd get to the dream of playing as Viewtiful Joe... but considering how much the game has been delayed I don't think it'll happen.
Still count me as a supporter, though. YAY FOR THREAD REVIVAL.

in terms of moveset, I can't imagine Sakurai going for a simple swap-in, swap-out mechanic, it'd be a bit too much like PT... but what if it was a tag team like the canned Diddy/Dixie plan, where you can swap out the leader? Perhaps different attacks automatically change who's in the lead, which could in turn change your character's physicality or final smash or something? Eg Wonderful Red is in the lead, uses a certain move which automatically swaps to the heavier, slower Wonderful Green, whose FS could be different?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Just seen trailers for X and this... can't believe I'd given up on Nintendo with new IPs.

They'd be so, so fantastic, and it's the closest I'd get to the dream of playing as Viewtiful Joe... but considering how much the game has been delayed I don't think it'll happen.
Still count me as a supporter, though. YAY FOR THREAD REVIVAL.

in terms of moveset, I can't imagine Sakurai going for a simple swap-in, swap-out mechanic, it'd be a bit too much like PT... but what if it was a tag team like the canned Diddy/Dixie plan, where you can swap out the leader? Perhaps different attacks automatically change who's in the lead, which could in turn change your character's physicality or final smash or something? Eg Wonderful Red is in the lead, uses a certain move which automatically swaps to the heavier, slower Wonderful Green, whose FS could be different?
Thanks for bumping this. I needed to update this thread.

Thats how i saw the idea for swap in swap out mechanic. I wanted it to be similar to the Diddy/Dixie thing. Also, your idea seems interesting.

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for bumping this. I needed to update this thread.

Thats how i saw the idea for swap in swap out mechanic. I wanted it to be similar to the Diddy/Dixie thing. Also, your idea seems interesting.
Cheers. I think there has been a new trailer, I remember seeing one posted in January... unless that's the one you mean?
And add me to the supporters! Meant to say that in the first post. Please and thank you.

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
Also, not sure if this was clear before, but Greeny is French, and possibly a chick.

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
I think it might be a guy with a childish voice. Also, did anyone else notice the Pink, White, Yellow, and Black heroes on the box art?
oh, hadn't thought of that. I wanted to play as a fat chick :(
Yeah I did. I wonder are they the 'main' Wonderfuls? or does every single one have a distinct personality, etc? It seemed in the trailer that some of them just looked like colour swaps of others, but they could be connected story wise maybe.

If the ones on the cover were the mains, would a tag team of seven be too big to have on screen at once? they could move in formation maybe. or be really small? I guess olimar has 7 if you count him and the pikmin.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Heres a moveset i made that only uses the RED HERO. (He is basically the main protagonist right now)

[collapse=Red Hero's moveset]
Basic Combo: Punch, Punch, Spin kick
Side Tilt: Side Kick
Up Tilt: Headbutt
Down Tilt: Foot Sweep
Side Smash: Deals a strong punch. (His arm will be engulfed in a mini version of his giant energy glove)
Up Smash: Flip kick
Down Smash: The RED HERO jumps up and punches the ground. This causes small chunks of ruble to launch out of the ground to hit opponents. (Like his Side Smash, his arm will be engulfed in a mini version of his energy glove)
Dash Attack: Karate Kick
Neutral Air: Sex kick (Yes it's the name of a common move in Smash bros)
Forward Air: Elbow Drop (Meteor Smash)
Down Air: Spinning Lariat (The Hero's arm will be engulfed in a mini energy glove in this move also)
Up Air: Flip Kick
Back Air: Spin kicks
Edge Attack: The Hero punches forward with his energy glove. (It's at it's normal size in this instance)
Pummel: The Red Hero will be doing gut punches.
Up Throw: The Red Hero deals a powerful uppercut.
Down Thrown: The Red Hero slams the victim on the ground and slams his energy fist down on the opponent.
Forward Throw: Red hero slashes his victim with his Viewtiful Joe scarf/cape. This causes the victim to spin backward.

B: Energy Pistol - A hologram of the Green hero appears behind the Red Hero and summons his pistol to fire at enemies.
Forward B: Charging Fist - The Red Hero charges and punches forward at high speed with his energy glove. This move needs to be charged up. to have full effect.
Down B: Karate SLASH! - The Red Heroe will slam down his energy hand down with a powerful karate chop.
Up B: Chain! - A hologram of the Blue Hero appears behind the Red Hero and summons the chain to grapple onto the edge of the stage. (Tether Recovery)

Final Smash: WONDERFUL 101! ASSEMBLE! - The Hero summons the Blue, Green, Yellow, White, Black, and Pink Heroes to attack his opponents. (The Yellow, Black, White, and Pink heroes are on the box art.)
[/collapse]

oh, hadn't thought of that. I wanted to play as a fat chick :(
Yeah I did. I wonder are they the 'main' Wonderfuls? or does every single one have a distinct personality, etc? It seemed in the trailer that some of them just looked like colour swaps of others, but they could be connected story wise maybe.

If the ones on the cover were the mains, would a tag team of seven be too big to have on screen at once? they could move in formation maybe. or be really small? I guess olimar has 7 if you count him and the pikmin.
They most likely are. I see the Wonderful 101 as a parody Justice League/Avengers. (So each member is a hero/it's own character)

I also still see them as a tag team. Down B to switch out ala Pokemon Train/Diddy & Dixie tag team style.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Coincidentally this thread was created on September 16th. :laugh:

Anyway, Wonderful 101 would probably be the best way to rep Platinum without taking a third party spot.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yea that would be kinda cool I think. Especially because they could turn out pretty awesome.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
If Smash Bros 4 would incorporate a rivalry aspect with the characters like how Playstation All-Stars did, I would love to see the Wonderful 101 and Captain Olimar go toe-to-toe. But I do feel it's a little too early for these guys to be included in the game with their game not even being out yet, maybe if Smash 4 has DLC they can be added later, but as of right now, it's too early for them imo.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
MAJOR UPDATE: I might change this thread to a support thread for the Red Hero. I still need to think about it but i do have stuff set up for it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Looks like we weren't too far off calling him the Red Hero, considering his name is Wonder Red. :laugh:

Just a shame it took a year to find that out. :rolleyes:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Looks like we weren't too far off calling him the Red Hero, considering his name is Wonder Red. :laugh;

Just a shame it took a year to find that out. :rolleyes:
:laugh: yeah. It also sucks that i didn't hear it since the Direct was lagging.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
every other character it appears to have fanart so here is mine for Wonder Red, it includes his "brother":
joered color x 60.png

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
can you credit me for the art in the op though? thanks.

I'm a huge fan of Hideki Kamiya and really hope that the wonderful 101 is recognized in some way in Smash 4.

Top Bottom