• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah's Getting Ready for OC3 Biweekly

laozy

Smash Journeyman
Utah's GROB: Getting Ready for OC3 Biweekly

Utah is starting a series of Biweeklies that will help prepare for OC3. Anyone that can make it, come join the party. Even if you are not going to OC3, come anyways. Hang out, chill, smoke a little bit of BBQ, drink a little bit apple juice and come smash till dawn a little bit. More people more fun. We'll be doing a free entry for those who just wants to play and lose no money. Maybe $1 for the greedy ones. Utah is not going to suck at OC3. Host needed.(no, we wont be doing bbq or drinking apple juice unless you guys want to)

Schedule
1. Saturday, June 9th. Phil's place- (4356 w. 3930 s. West Valley)
2. Saturday, June 23rd. Junpei's- (1715 South 2000 East SLC)
3. Saturday, July 7th. Nate's- (8796 Landover Cir. Sandy)
4. Saturday, July 14th.
5. Thursday, July 19th. Devin's place

Doubles: 1-2:30pm
break: 30mins after singles
Singles: 3-5pm

Entry
Singles: $5
Teams: $5 per person
(no refunds after tournament starts)
payout: 70/20/10

You will only be allowed to pay the entry fee for biweeklies with $1s

BYOC: Bring Your Own Controller

Tournament Format
(RR pools possible into) Double Elimination Bracket
4 stock, 8min
Best 2 of 3

OC3 Rules

First Stage is random. After 1st match, Loser picks stage. Winner chooses character first, then loser chooses character.

Stage (for both singles and doubles):

Random Stages: Poke Stadium, Final Destination, Dreamland 64

Counter Pick Stages: Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story

ALL OTHER STAGES ARE BANNED

You are not allowed to ban stages

Team Attack ON

Life stealing is allowed

Illegal conduct: Any use of glitches (ex. IC's freeze glitch), prolonged stall tactics (ex. Peach wall-bomb used to stall), and functional controller modifications (ex. L/R trigger modifications) are banned. Participating in any of these practices, along with any improper behavioral conduct (ex. physically/verbally distracting an opponent) will drop you from the tournament and will possibly get you banned at the hosts' discretion. No wobbling.

edit 6-10-07: results....my friend deleted the saved tio, so i gotta memorize the results. pretty good tournament.

doubles:
1.snake (khom&michael)
2.zack's a noob (Ragingasian&gojira)
3.super sayians (laozy&lay)
4.Smash is gay (C!z&mat)

singles:
1.Khom
2.Ragingasian
3.Gojira
4.C!Z
5.Laozy
5.Mat
7.Gideon
7.Lay
7.Alex
7.Randy

edit 6-23-07: RESULTS

Doubles:
1. Woot (Laozy & C!z)
2. Koopfoxalypse (FTS & Gojira)
3. Rodolfo's Brothers (Pancho aka stranga & Cesar)
4. Junpei and Gideon
5. Crap (Sada & Jeyt)

Singles:
1. Laozy
2. Raging Asian
3. Fox the Stampede
4. C!z
5. Gojira
5. Cesar
7. Pancho
7. Sada
9. Rodolfo
9. Gideon
9. Jeyt

THE PEOPLE GOING TO OC3 FOR SURE FOR SURE

Phil,Junpei,PerfectChaos,Gojira,FTS

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Do they do state crew battles or something? It seems like it'd be off, since Cali has about nintey people, and we'll have 6.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I'll do the one after yours on the (9+14........) 23rd with same rules same format.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Uhh Phil...you're going to allow Fountain of Dreams in teams as a counterpick?:laugh:

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Go ahead and add the So. Utah tournament that we're going to hold as one of the upcoming OC3 prep tournaments.

I don't know WHEN you guys are coming, but we're definately having one. Devin and I will think of events and such.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Oh...so you guys start playing more when I'm not there!?!?! LOL Just joking. I would rather have less tourneys with bigger entries, anyway, so I'm glad you're doing this now, when I'm not there.

PS: I'm still thinking of going to OC3, myself...so maybe we'll take 1st-6th at OC3. :chuckle:

laozy

Smash Journeyman
Oh...so you guys start playing more when I'm not there!?!?! LOL Just joking. I would rather have less tourneys with bigger entries, anyway, so I'm glad you're doing this now, when I'm not there.

PS: I'm still thinking of going to OC3, myself...so maybe we'll take 1st-6th at OC3. :chuckle:
hey when are u coming back? if u do come back before july 7th/14th...we could make it $5 entry. the small entries are for my friends that play and dont want to lose money to me (its junpei) :laugh:

yea......oc3 is gonna b fun.

Gojira

Smash Lord
uh

well we might need to consult ID or soemthing to get a van if we get this many people. We right now have 5 and that all will fit in junpeis car. i think Mikes van holds about 7-8 people wich means we can take two more.....and that woudl probably be mike and ryan assuming they would want to go to OC3. So sadly, we should keep it to 5 unless we can get two carpools going wich would be awsome.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Phil I left my dvd at your house so if you find it in your garage, then dont throw it out.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
results are posted.

daym hard to host a tournament. but i guess it turned out pretty decent. when i take out the car later in the future...we'll have a huge space for a good size tournament. and it was freakin hot in there.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Nevermind about that dvd being forgotten at your house.

The dvd that you gave me got corrupted so I lost all the footage of singles:( including that tournament match where I 4-stocked C!z...(and you wonder why you're not on the power rankings?:chuckle:)
Anyways I still have doubles if anyone wants me to upload those.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
June 23rd, I'm available.

If I fly up, I'm going to need a blood oath from someone to pick me up and drop me off. Anyone feel like picking me up and dropping me off at the airport?

Also, I was wondering if the tournament could start earlier than usual-- so that I'll have a few more flights to fall back on if I get bumped. That last one I attended took too long.

Sorry for being so needy. If no one can do anything, don't worry about it.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I'm going to make the entry fee $3 for singles and $2 per person for teams. Dont just bring a 5 and expect change though. And we're probably going to do another big crew battle thingy with two big teams; everyone who wants to play can play and if I do well...err if it's a good crew battle I may consider uploading it this time.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
hey when are u coming back? if u do come back before july 7th/14th...we could make it $5 entry. the small entries are for my friends that play and dont want to lose money to me (its junpei) :laugh:
I'll be back on the third of July, so I'll be able to make the July 7th tourny. And increasing the entry to $5 would be great.

And RagingAsian 4-stocked C!Z in singles!? LOL That's great...too bad there's no proof of it, since I wanted to see it! :chuckle: And C!Z is all talk about beating me right when I return...? Come on C!Z...you said you would take first place WITH me there, but you still lost out to another Sheik when I'm NOT there. :p But yeah...you know I'm not posting this with bad intentions...just giving you grief, right? LOL

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Alright, after some careful thought and deliberation-- I think I'm about 90% not going.

I'm too scarce on money, I have two jobs, I'll have to sleep on the floor for three days straight, not SHOWER for three days straight, play Smash for three days straight, and lose seventy-five bucks.

The bad outweighs the good-- I think I'm going to go to DC instead, to visit my brother.

But Southern Utah is definatey hosting a tournament for you guys when you're passing through. We've even planned your overnight stay. We've got two bedrooms at Devin's house, and a motorhome at mine. We live two minutes away. Who stays where is up to you guys.

Good luck, Unsexy Northren Utah!

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Like I already said, Unsexy Northern Utah is taking 1st-5th at OC3. I'm going to show everyone there a new trick that I invented that I call the short hop laser.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Alright, after some careful thought and deliberation-- I think I'm about 90% not going.

I'm too scarce on money, I have two jobs, I'll have to sleep on the floor for three days straight, not SHOWER for three days straight, play Smash for three days straight, and lose seventy-five bucks.

The bad outweighs the good-- I think I'm going to go to DC instead, to visit my brother.

But Southern Utah is definatey hosting a tournament for you guys when you're passing through. We've even planned your overnight stay. We've got two bedrooms at Devin's house, and a motorhome at mine. We live two minutes away. Who stays where is up to you guys.

Good luck, Unsexy Northren Utah!
Thats a bummer.

Ken is workign on means to get some way to shower, eve if you cant shower, ONE REALLY good shower plus persperants is rmoe then enough to keep ya fresh for three days.

Sleeping on the floor is no biggu, you get to fly a plane so bring a bunch of extra blankets for padding..........

For three days you get all the pros you can handle......seriously.....what is better then that?

I can solve all ye problems :p

A) Sleeping on the floor is not bad. . . .but it may be for you. Since you can get out here by plane how about you grab a few extra blankets and pillows for padding. . . . .

B) Ken said he might actualy rent a Hotel for people to go shower at which is really awsome. Say they dont get a hotel.......Take a REALLY GOOOD SHOWER then have persperents and cologn for three days and you should be fine.

C) You treat playing smash for three days like its a bad thing.......I dont see how considering that it IS smash and your going to be playing REALLY good people having fun while gaining VITAL experience. The 75$ ives you that plus soem fo the best food in california twice a day for 3 days. You can even get a shot at bomb soldier and have it recorded....soemthing that you can treasure forever. Sure it may cost you another 30 but hey a best of 5 mathc vs BS.....what mroe coudl you want.

So that doesnt really solve your problems but just kinda comments on what you said. We want you to go to OC3 with us Xysven....we really do. If you just decide to go then thats fine i will respect your decision. However im hoping I can respect the opposite decision :)

While im in this thread I want to note something. I have recieved permission from FTS to host a week long preparation smashfest at his house. This week of smash can include MM's, practice crew battles or whatever you want to have inlcuded in it. We will be using OC3 rules during this ENTIRE smashfest, all other stages cannot be use, unless you decide otherwise in a MM. This IS preparation for those who are going to OC3 (who are getting first priority since FTS would like to keep it to a 5 smasher limit per day) Others who are not going to OC3 can come over on days where OC3 players cannot show.

^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
The above thing is a mere poposal.....what does ye OC3 planning to go peeps think about it?

Oh hey, I just realised you guys will be here on my duddy's birthday, so I'm going to start working on getting them out of the house to "celebrate" old person style. How many of you guys can we expect here in St. George so far? (Hope none of you are alergic to cats)

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Devin, you're a funny man.
I would just like to let the proper authoitah's know that I am interested in going to OC3!! Please sign me up for the Jiggly Brothel err, the carpool or whatever I need to do!

Also, Phil, you should remove the smoking/drinking references in the title ^o). It's false advertisement, for one :) but, if it were true I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to make it ^o). So I suppose in my perspective, it shouldn't be there in any case :D.
Saturday at Junpei's eh? Is Layne going......? I would probably want a ride :).

laozy

Smash Journeyman
well bobo...if you dont smoke or drink...i dont think we should hang out. maybe we should start seeing other people. :laugh:
just joking just joking...i'll take it off if it offends you.

and devin...5 people will be in our car...maybe more people might show up.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
You should start a list of who's DEFINATELY going on the first post.

Devin and I need to know how to split who stays where-- it's no big deal since we live two minutes away from each other, but still.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
A counter stage is one where your character is good while theirs is bad; like if they pick jigglypuff, you pick onett and fox (that would be a.. slaughter) so that your upsmash is even more sick and jiggles loses the ability to plink you while you recover (there are no holes at onett).

And.... Welcome to the boards! Who are you :)? Do you happen to live here in Utah...? That would be awesome. We're having a smash biweekly/fest in just two days, on saturday, and you should come :)

laozy

Smash Journeyman
o goodie. make sure to tell layne and that guy darkryu to come.
and spidey has to come to show off his very good skills.

PEPA!

Smash Cadet
Thank you for the clarification Cdbobo. I live in west valley and I am planning on going saturday.I will bring my own apple juice

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Lol. Apple juice is basically awesome though.
I'll call layne up, phil, but I don't know who this darkryu guy is you speak of.

Top Bottom