• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Biff

Smash Rookie
I dont know, I was messing around with shulk and i've found at least 3 moves that hit in places they really shouldnt. For example his upsmash has side hitboxes where his sword doesnt even reach. His side smash has hitboxes extending just past the glow coming off the energy part of the sword. Its pretty crazy
Shulk's upsmash is exactly what I was thinking of.
Pretty annoying when you think you avoided it but still get hit.

On the other hard you have Robin with the opposite problem. I always get "hit" by the animation but manage to avoid the hitbox.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright just so errbody involved knows, the Colorado tournament Sinz's carpool is going to next weekend is PM and Smash 4 only, so no Melee.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If Utah banned wobbling, Id honestly be ashamed of our scene, and I dont even play Melee.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Wobbling will never be banned at my tourneys. Someone tried to get me to ban it once. I laughed. Even offered $100 for them to win the tourney with Ice Climbers since they were so confident it was OP. They refused. Go figure.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Wobbling will never be banned at my tourneys. Someone tried to get me to ban it once. I laughed. Even offered $100 for them to win the tourney with Ice Climbers since they were so confident it was OP. They refused. Go figure.
LOL THIS.

To make it even better, he did this because of me. When I'd already played him in tournament twice. And never wobbled him. He just didn't like the idea that I COULD.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Little Mac's still really solid on flat stages. And while his aerials have no range, they have surprising amounts of hitstun and (it seems?) priority. Mac mains should at least learn when to use them and what they can do, as useless as they generally are.

Is anyone ever up for some Wi-fi friendlies with Smash 4?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Cuz everyone realized he's garbage.
I'm still interested in seeing what genuine Little Mac mains can do with him after a few months. They're certainly not gonna run into your Wario grabs like idiots. XD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Mac still has like 10+ losing match ups, including the fact that he loses to basically every character considered top tier. Unless some crazy tech is found that allows Mac to completely deal with zoners, characters who control space better than him, and air based characters, THEN he'll be a good character. At the very best I see him MAYBE being bottom of High Tier, but he feels like a Mid Tier to me; way too one dimensional and far too high risk.

Definitely viable, but not this god mode character everyone seemed to think he was.

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Mac still has like 10+ losing match ups, including the fact that he loses to basically every character considered top tier. Unless some crazy tech is found that allows Mac to completely deal with zoners, characters who control space better than him, and air based characters, THEN he'll be a good character. At the very best I see him MAYBE being bottom of High Tier, but he feels like a Mid Tier to me; way too one dimensional and far too high risk.

Definitely viable, but not this god mode character everyone seemed to think he was.
He only appears OP because he is incredibly newb-friendly. In a sea of bad players, he stands out because he can rake up the wins like nobody's business. I certainly hope he is not relegated to a counterpick. I actually hate platforms in Smash 4. :(

Shylock

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-1943-0839
It's actually way funny to me that all of these videos and analyses about Little Mac include that he's "garbage" in the air and as such a lot of people I fight against immediately jump in the air and drop down on me or try to fight me in the air. It ends with me either grabbing them for free or me fighting them in the air and juggling them.

I also agree that intelligent players won't just run into your grabs and/or jump into your ledge gimps. Yes Mac doesn't have such a good recovery, but there's a difference between a character having a bad recovery and you personally being bad at recovering. I main Roy. I understand the struggle XD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Mac IS garbage in the air though, literally everything outranges his anything if you have even basic spacing. If Mac has the momentum and wants to follow something up or continue pressure, his air game is alright enough to do so, but hes just sooooooooo easy to beat in the air if you arent stupid about it.

Last edited:

Shylock

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-1943-0839
Well now we're starting to get into our definition of "garbage" in this scenario XD To you garbage is its lack of range and utility as compared to the rest of the cast. To me garbage is it not being useful at all. A standard Mac player would try to meet you in the air to hit you with aerials and would fail most of the time because of the lack of range. I've been able to knock people away and follow up with some aerial juggles and combos, like what you said about continued pressure. Plus Mac isn't as easy to beat in the air if the player isn't stupid about it. I usually don't leave the ground unless I have to or want to continue a combo because leaving the ground for no reason as Mac is a poor choice.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
By garbage I mean probably the worst in the game and only viable options in very few specific situations.

wangston

Smash Lord
Going to be a gamers den tomorrow. Anyone want to give me a ride so I can bring a setup? That way the tourney goes faster or we have more setups for friendlies?

Ritter7124

Smash Rookie
Okay, okay let me get this straight tommorow tuesday it will be a melee tournament right from provo game den? and taylorsville is closed as of right now right?

Tatami

Smash Cadet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xguYsCOSj9k

It's like they decided to nerf the hitboxes but just left all of the animations the same. So lazy.

Meta Knight doesn't actually have a sword. It's a hologram and you're actually just punching people.
Now correct me if im wrong, I wasn't much into brawl. But did his range even need nerfs (Destruction), wasnt it his priority and air speed that made him OP in brawl?

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Now correct me if im wrong, I wasn't much into brawl. But did his range even need nerfs (Destruction), wasnt it his priority and air speed that made him OP in brawl?
His air speed was bottom 10 in game lol. His priority was only helpful in some match ups (and actually was a problem for him in some, but not to the point where he lost, just was annoying), his main problem was ridiculous range and a lack of any cooldown on anything.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
From Gamer's Abbey:

Late night updates, yay!

Game Den Provo - Venue opens at 5:00 PM, Project M tourney starts at 7:00 PM, Smash for 3DS tourney starts at 8:00 PM.

That's right, we will be doing Smash for 3DS tourneys at the Weeklies! Basic rule set will be 3-stock, 8 minute timer, with items off and select stages (ironing out the details as we go). For the first two weeks we'll run it without any prizes simply so that people can move forward with it. The main rule is you MUST have your own 3DS. There have been complications with system sharing, and would rather not have it continued. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

Also steadily preparing for Anime Banzai in the game room. Going to have a nice array of arcade games, retro games, and modern games, so come by and check it out, as well as the many panels and events they will be featuring!

www.animebanzai.org

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I called his parents to make sure I wasn't kidnapping him this weekend.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Ok real talk time. Why do you like Smash 4 or why do you not like smash 4?

Top Bottom