• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
unlocked every stage and character now it's time to hit up online

0662-5124-6669

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I played some For Glory. I crushed the first few opponents, but then I ran into Little Mac. He has so much super armor; it is ridiculous. >_<

Sproll

Smash Apprentice
For glory teams is so much fun. Just spam **** and win haha
me and my friend both entered at the same time and were on the same team. freaking sick combo he as ganon up smashed a guy in the air and i DK fair spiked him into the ground for a bounce kill off the top. didnt think about saving the replay until after the match though :/

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
I played some For Glory. I crushed the first few opponents, but then I ran into Little Mac. He has so much super armor; it is ridiculous. >_<
I ran into a Little Mac that did nothing but run away and punish if you even tried to approach. I had to end up camping the ledge just to get a grab in so I could throw him offstage. It's stuff like this that really makes me dislike FD...

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Then you just realize you can throw him offstage and laugh at him
I did that to him several times, but he adapted. I honestly don't know what to do when I'm off the edge. He just stands near the ledge and punishes any attempt I make to get back on stage. I have some work to do.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I decided to disconnect from a match due to really bad lag, and I guess when you do this it punishes you by not letting you play online again for 10 minutes. Like, come on Sakurai.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
So I decided to disconnect from a match due to really bad lag, and I guess when you do this it punishes you by not letting you play online again for 10 minutes. Like, come on Sakurai.
Heh. That's sorta like League of Legends. QUEUE DODGER!

net1234

Smash Ace
FEST TONIGHT AT RJS 8:30 2522 HORSESHOE CIRCLE THROW DOWN IN SMASH 3DS OR BE HOMO AND PLAY GAYLEE

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I have a 77.77% win rate on For Glory. I hope I'm representing Utah well.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Mine is not that good. I stayed up late last night and played against a lot a Japanese players....man, I hate Rosalina and Metaknight.
Rosalina is weirrrrrrd. I don't understand her timings and hitboxes. She is hard to anticipate.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Just go Yoshi or Wario and dance around her stuff, she's freelo atm.

Sproll

Smash Apprentice
Little mac is so weird. First game as DK I grabbed the guy twice and threw him off and it was over in 25 sec. next game as falco I couldn't do **** against him

Shylock

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-1943-0839
You know a game franchise has you by the balls when you decide to not buy the new game and wait until next paycheck when you're not broke...and you end up breaking on day two of release and splurge on it anyways. Thanks smash XD

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
You know a game franchise has you by the balls when you decide to not buy the new game and wait until next paycheck when you're not broke...and you end up breaking on day two of release and splurge on it anyways. Thanks smash XD
Eating is overrated.

Shylock

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-1943-0839
I....ugh....The wait for the console version.

How is the delay online?
I was going to wait, but I'm about $460 away from that XD The delay is actually a big improvement from Brawl if you get connected to someone with decent internet. I am way thrilled about actually being able to play online.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Seriously though, anyone having problems with Little Mac just needs to play a character with air strings, characters like Wario and Jiggs who can easily just walk him offstage work wonders as well. Also, staying roughly a little less than half of Battlefield's distance away and forcing him to come to you literally wrecks Mac, he has no safe approach from that distance so long as you can react to him (and seeing as my awful reaction speed can, you should be able to). Just play defensive and force him to be the aggressor, Mac's only good when he has momentum, without it hes absolute garbage and is literally the easiest character in the game to completely dumpster with just a single hit since all you need is a shield grab in order to just follow that up with two aerials and laugh as he cant recover.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Seriously though, anyone having problems with Little Mac just needs to play a character with air strings, characters like Wario and Jiggs who can easily just walk him offstage work wonders as well. Also, staying roughly a little less than half of Battlefield's distance away and forcing him to come to you literally wrecks Mac, he has no safe approach from that distance so long as you can react to him (and seeing as my awful reaction speed can, you should be able to). Just play defensive and force him to be the aggressor, Mac's only good when he has momentum, without it hes absolute garbage and is literally the easiest character in the game to completely dumpster with just a single hit since all you need is a shield grab in order to just follow that up with two aerials and laugh as he cant recover.
Yes. He's not unbeatable. I use Link and just barrage him with projectiles. My fights against Little Mac are extremely polar: either I wreck him with quick edge guards, or he wrecks me with all that fast damage and a combo leading into a KO uppercut. He has weaknesses, but you have to admit he powerfully commands many situations. It's not as simple as you make it out to be to maintain distance. He can close the gap quite quickly. Even his roll is stupid fast, which leads into his jabs, which leads to his mini uppercut. His smash attacks are also amazing pivots.

Sproll

Smash Apprentice
Pill approach as doc seems to be fine also. every mac will not jump to approach unless they are close enough to side b. Just frustrating though that I can't DI or do anything to get out of jab combos

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Shylock I think Buzz is standing outside of your window right now, you better hide bro

EDIT: Or at least wait in the middle of your room and wait for him to approach

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
See the thread I linked. It doesn't work like traditional DI at all anymore. :(

Top Bottom