• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for that! I've been planning on weeklies for some time now, but I couldn't do it at Gamers Asylum on Friday(because of MTG nerds) so it would have to be Thursday or something. Or I could wait till we get clearance at WSU. . . So this is where im stuck at. Id love some feed back on what we should do as a scene.
weber would be SICKNASTY$ for weeklies. perfect size venue, feels official as hell to be there, everyone knows where it is. def shoot for that

Tuesday

Smash Ace
One time I was playing this guy and I kept pointing out all the good things he did against me. I was all "Oh that was a good read" or "Wow that reaction was very fast" and he got frustrated with me and was all "I know what I'm doing, you don't have to point it out to me" and then I die and I look him straight in the eyes while I'm on the respawn platform and I say "I'm just giving you a heads up that none of these things will work on me again."

He was freaked out the rest of the set. I ended up winning game 2 and 3 to take it lolololololol.

Mingo

Smash Cadet
It would be perfect if we had weeklies at Weber, I would actually be able to attend thoes and not have to drive all the way down to Provo for melee!!!

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
I'd be so down for weeklies at Weber. Great way to get back into the swing of things again.

Just show the gaming club this thread full of people that would be interested.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
One time I was playing this guy and I kept pointing out all the good things he did against me. I was all "Oh that was a good read" or "Wow that reaction was very fast" and he got frustrated with me and was all "I know what I'm doing, you don't have to point it out to me" and then I die and I look him straight in the eyes while I'm on the respawn platform and I say "I'm just giving you a heads up that none of these things will work on me again."
But their reads on you and their reaction speed isn't something that you can directly deny them of just by learning from your mistakes; it's completely up to them to make the wrong read or to not react quick enough. What you do can only make it harder for them to do so, but you can't ensure it doesn't work again just by your actions alone. :p

wangston

Smash Lord
Who is hosting the BYU tourney at University Villa? I'm just curious. I can't make it to gamer's den this week. It's really nice to see all this weeklies in Provo. I feel like it's going to be a new golden area of smash in Utah, or at least in Provo.

Casture

Smash Apprentice
Who is hosting the BYU tourney at University Villa? I'm just curious. I can't make it to gamer's den this week. It's really nice to see all this weeklies in Provo. I feel like it's going to be a new golden area of smash in Utah, or at least in Provo.
His name is Ben (Zygo); he was the Olimar that got second at the last PM Weekly in Provo. He doesn't have a smashboards account.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
But their reads on you and their reaction speed isn't something that you can directly deny them of just by learning from your mistakes; it's completely up to them to make the wrong read or to not react quick enough. What you do can only make it harder for them to do so, but you can't ensure it doesn't work again just by your actions alone. :p
Just examples. And yes, I can change my movement patterns after he's picked up on my tendencies. And it's not supposed to make sense; it was just supposed to confuse him and put him on tilt. Which it apparently did.

I might not be the most technical player, but I pride myself on my decision making and mind games.

Shoutouts to @BillNyeTheSamusGuy. Don't think you've escaped me. I'm still in your head =)

wangston

Smash Lord
His name is Ben (Zygo); he was the Olimar that got second at the last PM Weekly in Provo. He doesn't have a smashboards account.

Ben???? Aww shucks. Love that guy, glad to see he is hosting more things. I met him through quark and saw he had huge potential as a competitive smasher. I will for sure go to these.

Ritter7124

Smash Rookie
Hey guys i'm very new the smash community and live like 1 hour away from provo and salt lake could someone tell me when the weeklies are i'm having a little bit of trouble and if you specifically tell me when PM is? Please and thank you

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
PM weekly at the provo game den tonight. all info for them is in first post of this thread.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Jokes on you Devon, they dont allow ****ty characters like that in Smash.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So apparently the Japanese Smash community (specifically SHI Gaming, the one that streamed this tournament) made a Smash 4 tier list, here it is:

That feel when your characters who you've played for years and have always been garbage are both top 10 now.

Needless to say, I'd still take this with a grain of salt (obviously) and I dont agree with very much of the list to be quite honest, but it's good to know at least the Japanese players think my characters are good :3

Last edited:

Reptile (Kira)

Smash Rookie
So apparently the Japanese Smash community (specifically SHI Gaming, the one that streamed this tournament) made a Smash 4 tier list, here it is:

That feel when your characters who you've played for years and have always been garbage are both top 10 now.

Needless to say, I'd still take this with a grain of salt (obviously) and I dont agree with very much of the list to be quite honest, but it's good to know at least the Japanese players think my characters are good :3
The first tier lists released are never accurate... But it's good to know the general viability of a player.

DHD FTW

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi

Fox? Is that you?

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
mfw sakauri thinks that samus was the strongest character

also why is fox better than falco this time around if theyre similar to brawl

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
just wanted to report yesterday's game den (provo) weekly pm tournament results. here is the bracket:

[2014-09-30] Game Den (Provo) Weekly - SSBPM Tournament.png

@ net1234 net1234 's win against @Staz was enough to edge him to the top spot in terms of rating. @ C Casture and anonano did well and put themselves firmly in the top 10. so the top 10 for the game den (provo) weeklies in project m is:

1. @ net1234 net1234 (+1) 1821
2. @Staz (-1) 1819
3. @ C Casture (+7) 1571
4. @Sexy Yaz (-1) 1552
5. Zygo (-1) 1516
6. Anonano (new) 1471
7. @ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos (-1) 1405
8. @Aria♪ (-3) 1394
9. @ Sinz Sinz (--) 1369
10. @Snap. (-2) 1361

the full ratings can be found in my signature through the google docs link.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Game Den tonight will be both Brawl and Melee, starting at 7:30. Not starting any later than that

Top Bottom