• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Not sure which is more hype: A bunch of Fire Emblem characters or CAPTAIN FALCON! LOL
And the announcement has crashed everything Smash-related... XD
You forgot to mention the actual most hype announcement; Lucina and Palutena's lesbian relationship:

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
@ -Mars- -Mars-
@ Death Arcana Death Arcana
Please to note I pointed out a difference between dodging/spacing and players just not knowing how to land moves. There is definitely a clear difference between the two. One is good (the former) and one is just boring (the latter).

net1234

Smash Ace
@ -Mars- -Mars-
@ Death Arcana Death Arcana
Please to note I pointed out a difference between dodging/spacing and players just not knowing how to land moves. There is definitely a clear difference between the two. One is good (the former) and one is just boring (the latter).
if someone isnt landing moves its because the other player is spacing and moving so well, your just taking an attackers and a defenders point of view and calling them different things. i dont think there is a clear difference between the two, at least at high level play

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
For sure at a high level of play there isn't a clear difference, but my incompetence remark was directed more towards the amateur level of play. Which was my bad for not clarifying that from the get-go. :/

net1234

Smash Ace
lol captain falcon beat chroms ass so hard he isnt a playable character. also gay sword character with projectiles? hell yeah. smash 4 is gonna be awesome. AND A SLIGHTLY MANLIER MARTH!!!!!!

Last edited:

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Lucina is a Marth clone? K.

double post for jump cancelable falcon punch
Lol, my immediate reaction. I wish we could have seen his gameplay.

I just realized, if Smash 4 is at Evo and not Melee or vice versa, the smash community is going to get soooo toxic.

Also, I said relatively not a big thing. So compared to like.... sports sports. Plus, E-sports as a whole is big. No individual e-sport is particularly big when it comes to fighting games because is split so harshly.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
I just realized, if Smash 4 is at Evo and not Melee or vice versa, the smash community is going to get soooo toxic.
Well they did put Brawl in the EVO lineup in 2008. It was probably the worst tournament ever. A 14 year old kid who played ROB won the items/smash balls tournament.

I think Smash 4 will give SRK another opportunity to dictate our rules and put smashballs/items back in for EVO 2015.

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Well they did put Brawl in the EVO lineup in 2008. It was probably the worst tournament ever. A 14 year old kid who played ROB won the items/smash balls tournament.

I think Smash 4 will give SRK another opportunity to dictate our rules and put smashballs/items back in for EVO 2015.
Well they had items on. I would hope that doesn't happen again after the invitational and Zero getting like 103,394 smash balls. I can't imagine two smash games at EVO. People would complain way to much about them taking the place of "real fighting games."

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So...

murder happened at my neighbors house and the cops asked me if I heard anything. Is it bad that I told them I didn't hear anything because of my headphones and I was watching smash?

Baky

Smash Journeyman
I can't imagine two smash games at EVO. People would complain way to much about them taking the place of "real fighting games."
I've been thinking about this too but I'm not sure. Melee is already the most unique game there in terms of age and mechanics but then again Smash 4 will likely having the biggest community for probably a year or two. Idk... it'll probably be fine either way. I'm going to EVO next year anyway, whether for Melee or Smash 4.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Void has a low win rate for his pick rate. 40% win rate in TI. Viper on the other hand has a really good winrate.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Dear remi. My girlfriend says you're going to hell

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Well they had items on. I would hope that doesn't happen again after the invitational and Zero getting like 103,394 smash balls. I can't imagine two smash games at EVO. People would complain way to much about them taking the place of "real fighting games."
I counted 103,393. stop over exaggerating

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
I'm in Harrisville (the town), practically Ogden, for a week. Anyone wanna play some Melee?

PS: Probably willing to drive to SLC too.
I'm garbage at Melee, but I can host if you want. I can't play super late though because I work in the AM.

I really like PM even though I suck at that too. You're allowed in my house just as long as you aren't one of those
"WTF BRAWL WAS NOT THE EXACT SAME GAME, 100% IDENTICAL TO MELEE!!!!!1!!!1!!! THAT GAME SUX!!!!! L CANCELING FOX DITTOS WAVESHINE WAVESHINE FOX WAVESHINE FALCO OMG MELEE"
guys.

Text me if you need info. I'm not on the boards too much.

8oh1 228 72won1
(Seriously, no one ****ing post my number on here. I'm still getting ****ing bot calls.)

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Lol, I knew it was a risky comment. Go big or go home. You can delete it if you want.
Dude you are getting so much hate.

This isn't a reason to file a "noise complaint" this is tragic. Go shove a pair of rusty scissors up your ass hole. There is definitely a time and place for certain things and this is neither the time or place for such comments. Show some respect "funny boy".

Erion

Smash Cadet
I'm garbage at Melee, but I can host if you want. I can't play super late though because I work in the AM.

I really like PM even though I suck at that too. You're allowed in my house just as long as you aren't one of those
"WTF BRAWL WAS NOT THE EXACT SAME GAME, 100% IDENTICAL TO MELEE!!!!!1!!!1!!! THAT GAME SUX!!!!! L CANCELING FOX DITTOS WAVESHINE WAVESHINE FOX WAVESHINE FALCO OMG MELEE"
guys.

Text me if you need info. I'm not on the boards too much.

8oh1 228 72won1
(Seriously, no one ****ing post my number on here. I'm still getting ****ing bot calls.)

Thanks for offer, but some last minute stuff is making me travel back to Kansas tonight.
I should be back in about a month, though. Hopefully there's some Melee stuff going on then.

PS: I'm not an elitist, don't worry. :bee:

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Lol Everett who is that Jake guy on your status? Seems like the type of guy who gets bslapped a lot

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
this just in
tsutetos tourney will now be featuring a

bring a crt tv and get "an extra hour in the ball pit”

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Lol Everett who is that Jake guy on your status? Seems like the type of guy who gets bslapped a lot
I have a feeling he does. He goes to a lot of the parties I go to and he brings a lot of good drinks. :x

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling he does. He goes to a lot of the parties I go to and he brings a lot of good drinks. :x
He's mad you used the word awkward? Dafuq lol. I said like the douchiest thing ever and you get ******* at for the word awkward.

I just realized Robin is the main character in Awakening. You choose his name and look, so why is it robin?

Top Bottom