• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
I love utah standard time that being 20 minutes late still means im early

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Damn, wish I had known about the Neumont tournament sooner. I was going to be up in the area today, but decided not to since some mates of mine are running a day of Smash "tournament" Oh well, maybe next time. :c
dude, pack up your **** and bring all your friends to the tournament. we'd love to meet everybody and I can assure you there will be tons of great fun had
I'm gunna shower and head out. If nobody's talked to me by then, I'm not gunna bring a setup

Tomacawk

Smash Master
tournament starts at 12 but be there earlier to register. if you're too broke to enter, you can still come and play friendlies once the tournament gets far enough that setups open up. it's $5 venue fee, so 5 bucks will get you in

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Has project Mele started already? I am on my way, if it is starting soon someone should put me in the bracket and I will pay them back when I get there.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I regret driving. Salt Lake parking sux. I am taking TRAX next time.

I used GPS. What directions do you need?

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
does anybody in slc area have a win7 boot disk i can borrow immediately?
edit - well since my hdd is corrupted and i can't play dota for awhile guess the smashfest tomorrow is a go. gunna host it at my apartment unless a challenger appears. message me or post here if you're interested in coming. i think morning/afternoon works best for me, but it could start later at night, too, if that's better for everyone.

ggs to everybody i played, shoutouts to baby for being literally ******** (not your fault dude your brain isn't developed fully!) yet still bodying people haha. shoutouts to roguay for dat disrespect motivation to make me try harder in pm and shoutouts to sheik/game and watch for saving my tourny. gunna be on dat sheik grind so all you fox-problem-matchup-character-players better watch ur collective backs

Last edited:

Baky

Smash Journeyman
@Casual I enjoyed playing against your snake and lucas in PM. I hope you keep coming to PM events, if you learned some of snake's gimmicks you'd be near unbeatable!
@ Roguay Roguay Hey, I'm the ROB/Ivysaur you beat in winners bracket. My bad for giving you a boring final match, I was kinda caught off guard by the zelda counterpick. I was expecting to give you a run for your money in losers finals but I played terrible in losers quarters. You should come play friendlies at the U someday :)
@ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 Thanks for hosting a tourney locally, you gave my Japanese friend his last competitive opportunity before he returns to Japan. Thanks. Also, tell your Captain Falcon friend that I want a money match/rematch (whatever) in the near future- I played downright awful in those matches. He had some outstanding follow-ups as falcon, though. :)
@ Remioli Remioli That peach is no joke dude. You'll be wrecking people in the near future.

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
when hyperX.EG.Baby[RC] is 16 and the best player on the planet I hope he doesn't forget his first fan. send some of dem future EG earnings my way homie

Last edited:

net1234

Smash Ace
does anybody in slc area have a win7 boot disk i can borrow immediately?
edit - well since my hdd is corrupted and i can't play dota for awhile guess the smashfest tomorrow is a go. gunna host it at my apartment unless a challenger appears. message me or post here if you're interested in coming. i think morning/afternoon works best for me, but it could start later at night, too, if that's better for everyone.
im gonna come

oh god double post *prepares for admin *****

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
it's actually ridiculous how much the skill level has improved since i first came here. i consider myself significantly stronger than when i first showed up yet the gap between me and the average player has diminished by a fair amount, a testament to how dramatically a lot of you guys are growing as players

the hunger is real

also shoutouts to adverbs

double edit bet net vs ds4 is gunna be a 2015 classic rivalry with some dope ass sets

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
@ adlp adlp Dude you're a lot cooler than I thought you were gonna be. Stoked to see ya again in the future and chill
@ Tomacawk Tomacawk I don't know what to say cuz I always lose to you but always good to see you
@ Death Arcana Death Arcana Stupid Toon Link. ggs tho. Can't wait for smash 4
@ Ken Neth Ken Neth Can't wait for a rematch
@ Pumpinz Pumpinz jiggs. That's all I have to say
@ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 sick tourney
@ net1234 net1234 Good to see ya. Too bad we didn't play
@ Remioli Remioli Pikachu dittos!

And shoutouts to everyone else (especially those who were not ready for my puff)

First melee and pm tourney experience was awesome! Brawl was fun too!

apples25

Smash Cadet
once again, really fun tournament. getting 3rd in pm and making some money back was cool, but i really need and want to step up my melee game (i seem to be struggling especially against marth).
shoutouts to all the people i played, especially @ net1234 net1234 - you're legit yo

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
tournament shoutout time

@ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 amazing tournament, amazing soundtrack, amazing that your controller's still in one piece
@ Pumpinz Pumpinz my boy! i can tell you've been in the lab sir, always will be rooting for you
@ Tomacawk Tomacawk lmao
@ Tuesday Tuesday you will never see FD again
@ Baky Baky should have just went rob from the beginning man, that thing was scary to fight as a spacie, otherwise GGs
@ apples25 apples25 you're too good but i need to see some style. some flash. something that makes me wanna go OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH
@ net1234 net1234 are you literally me or something? everything about you reminds me of myself right down to the way you hit that TIPPERRRRR, we need to smash sometime
@TKK your lucas was pretty good but you need to mix up ur wakeups
@ the neumont guy with the headset calling out matches: you're too loud

shoutouts to everyone who brought setups
shoutouts to everyone who watched my matches
shoutouts to neumont

also, my face when my zelda suddenly becomes the villain of project melee

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
shoutouts to everyone I got to know a little bit better which is like everyone lol

thanks @ Tuesday Tuesday and @ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 for the melee tips after I got worked.

so im gonna bring my A game next time cuz this was only my B game. yall gon be proper hustled because im in it for the long con

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
it's actually ridiculous how much the skill level has improved since i first came here. i consider myself significantly stronger than when i first showed up yet the gap between me and the average player has diminished by a fair amount, a testament to how dramatically a lot of you guys are growing as players
the hunger is real
also shoutouts to adverbs
double edit bet net vs ds4 is gunna be a 2015 classic rivalry with some dope *** sets
nope im so bad and whoever loses to me should feel bad

you guys forget Tuesday is leaving too
tuesday fest make **** happen

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
Results:
http://smashboards.com/threads/neumont-smash-jam.353680/

Project M:
1: Jekyll ($72.00)
2: Tomacawk ($36.00)
3: Apples ($12.00)
4: zaku
5: Baky
5: Roguay
7: Jacob
7: thro
9: Taylor
9: SocAndrewCer
9: Superw0rri0
9: mikecb4
13: ADLP
13: MilkyWayGalaxy | ganstaKirby
13: Remioli
13: Casual
17: Kaffelon
17: Zally
17: pumpinz
17: Edubduo
17: TwoJohns
17: TKK
17: muzar
17: Ben

Melee:
1: Jekyll ($80.50)
2: Tomacawk ($23.00)
3: EA | Death ($11.50)
4: Ken neth
5: net1234
5: Tuesday
7: Roguay
7: theBuzzSaw
9: Apples
9: SocAndrewCer
9: baby
13: Tealoop
13: Jericho
13: pumpinz
13: Jacob
17: Taylor
17: Muzar
17: Hatch
17: TwoJohns
17: ADLP
17: Edubduo
17: Kaffelon

Brawl:
1: Ken neth ($31.50)
2: Mars ($9.00)
3: EA | Death ($4.50)
4: MilkyWayGalaxy | ganstaKirby
5: SocAndrewCer
5: Tori
7: Remioli
7: bellsworth
9: Jacob
9: ADLP

Last edited:

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO CAME OUT AND PARTICIPATED!!!
AND SPECIAL THANKS TO THOSE WHO BROUGHT SET UPS!!!

I hope you all enjoyed the first Neumont Smash Jam. This was my first time TOing and overall I thought the tournament was a success. If anybody has any suggestions, compliments, or complaints... feel free to voice them.

@Jekyll grats on winning PM and Melee! I'm very sad that you will be leaving but I'm honored to have hosted your last Utah Smash tournament before leaving. Can't wait to see you rising to the top of California Melee! Gonna miss ya man...
@ Tomacawk Tomacawk Grats on second in PM and Melee! I always love watching how you play and learning just by watching you. I wish I could have played friendlies with you but at least we got to hang out a bit. Also... you're not baby's first fan... Baby's first tournament was at the first Neumont tournament and I was a fan before you showed up to the venue :p
@ Tuesday Tuesday Always a pleasure man.... You didn't get top 3 this time but you still played great! And just like Jekyll... I'm proud to have hosted your possibly last Utah Smash Tournament. Now go to Texas and wreck everyone! Also... thanks for the friendlies and for teaching me so much when we play.
@ Roguay Roguay Tight matches man... those were definitely some good games. It was fun hanging with you and thanks for giving me some confidence with your comments during PM. Can't wait to play you again!
@ Baky Baky it was great seeing you again! I didn't know you were so good at PM you got quite far in the bracket. You managed to take out Jacob who is considered to be the best in our school (for now at least :) ). And idk about that money match with my friend... he doesn't play much but I'm gonna try to drag him along with me to more tournaments along with other Neumont people. Also he's kind of tight on money so I doubt he'd do a mm.
@ Death Arcana Death Arcana I wish I could've played you in tourney but the friendlies were still awesome! Also grats on 3rd in Brawl! And I will get the matches I recorded uploaded on youtube.
@ net1234 net1234 Sorry that I choked and didn't deserve the right to play you :( NEXT TIME I SWEAR! It was also great hanging with you man and I can't wait to see how well you do in future tournaments.
@ adlp adlp Keep going man! I'm talking about both PM and Melee. Keep sticking with that PM mario and try to find someone you feel comfortable with in Melee. I would say go Doc cause I think Doc is awesome and is really satisfying when you succeed but I would suggest going Sheik or Marth.
@ TheBuzzSaw TheBuzzSaw I'll get you and your young link next time!
@ Remioli Remioli You're getting better man! Also... I will get revenge on your pikachu!
@-Mars- Grats on 2nd in Brawl! It was great hanging out with you! Also... your Sheik is insane man! How the hell do you do sheik's dacus?!?!? Jacob, Karl(Tori), and I were trying to do it for a good while and we just couldn't do it.

To all the Brawl players:
Although I only entered Brawl to help out the bracket, I really did enjoy playing and I'm probably going to be picking up brawl. People really do give you guys a lot of crap for something that is actually really awesome... I still don't know who to main but I'm looking at Marth and Wolf right now.

To everyone else:
It's 2:00am right now and there's just so many shout outs that I want to make and I just don't have the time right now so forgive me for not including you if I missed you. There were so many awesome people and I just want to say thank you all for coming and I had a blast hanging out with you guys!

Why was the prize distribution for P:M 60/30/10 when the other two games were 70/20/10?
They were all supposed to be 60/30/10
I guess the guy who I assigned to do bracket and distribute money made a mistake

Last edited:

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
On reflection it's probably a good thing I didn't enter, my ass would have been handed to me on a platter. >__> Still I'm totally game to observe the next tournament whenever that may be.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I literally just realised that socandrewcer's name is Soccer with Andrew in the middle of it.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Did anyone get any footage of the tournament yesterday? I would love to see some. Also anyone got any tips/good resources for someone literally just starting out with competitive melee?

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Did anyone get any footage of the tournament yesterday? I would love to see some. Also anyone got any tips/good resources for someone literally just starting out with competitive melee?
Look at character threads here and watch Vgbootcamp on YouTube or Clash Tournaments

Top Bottom