• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
i enjoy smash fests more than tourneys. so we should have more smash fests!!!

and i've been missing this guy c!z way bad lately too... so let's do something about it!

since utah sucks so bad at smash, we should have smash fests instead of tourneys and people should bring money for those that love doing mm's.

just my opinion. i don't mind doing friendlies with noobs like ds4.

AND X LOST TO SINZ WHEN SINZ HADN'T PLAYED SMASH IN A LONG PERIOD OF TIME

that's all (:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I think we should have at least one tournament a month and have smashfests as much as possible

Speaking of tournaments, does anyone have the results for green pancakes?

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
Green pancake results are way too weird to be putting up Zz.

Everett beat Chris in winner's. I beat Everett in Winner's finals. Everett dropped out early. Steve forfeited to Chris in Loser's Finals. Me and Chris decided to split the 10$ pot and not fight out Grand Finals. That's all (:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
i enjoy smash fests more than tourneys. so we should have more smash fests!!!

and i've been missing this guy c!z way bad lately too... so let's do something about it!

since utah sucks so bad at smash, we should have smash fests instead of tourneys and people should bring money for those that love doing mm's.

just my opinion. i don't mind doing friendlies with noobs like ds4.

AND X LOST TO SINZ WHEN SINZ HADN'T PLAYED SMASH IN A LONG PERIOD OF TIME

that's all (:
He went mario game one and suicided his 3rd stock on game 2.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
dude the tourney was still mad fun! got to chill with everyone
those random penalty games were fun!
but hey everyone this is just an idea right now, but what do you guys think of a Utah community combo video? let me rephrase that "higlight" video :)

Staz

Smash Lord
dude the tourney was still mad fun! got to chill with everyone
those random penalty games were fun!

yeah, one purpose of tournies is to have a "fun time" we all had a great time :) it was a little unorginazed but i thought it was fun, more of a smash fest, and i agree with yaz yaz

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
IMO, I get frustrated when a tournament isn't really ran well. But, hey, I'm a nazi about such things at times.

Anyway, there should probably be a bit more "order" of things. I mean, how the heck are power rankings determined any more? We've got 50,000 tournaments, and only a few can actually attend every one.

*holds head* On second thought, it's almost midnight. I'll rant later.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
it was a little unorginazed but i thought it was fun, more of a smash fest, and i agree with yaz yaz
Unorganized, huh? I'm not particularly surprised... :p

At least people had fun. But smashfests are better to "just have fun", as people don't have to go out of their way when a person is called for a match. Yet, when an event is advertised as "just a smashfest", the turnout is usually less than if it is announced as being a "tournament". Oh, well... :ohwell:
Anyway, there should probably be a bit more "order" of things. I mean, how the heck are power rankings determined any more? We've got 50,000 tournaments, and only a few can actually attend every one.
Yeah, a bunch of tournament results are also lost, since the process of reporting results isn't as organized as before. Things like gkirby's situation where he can only announce tournaments last-minute, meaning no tournament thread, was one reason why it became to be so. Other reasons included the person that has the Tio file for a certain tournament on their laptop forgetting, or just posts it randomly. And sometimes stupid things happen during tournaments that makes results pointless and usuable for Power Rankings. These things aren't any particular person's fault, but it is an unfortunate problem that has only existed recently (recent as in the last year or so).

I'm trying to figure something out to update the Power Ranking, as we haven't had an update in a while. But it's not like the current one is that far off, since the skill tier placement in Utah is pretty solid and consistent.
Hopefully, all of the current panelists show up to the next tournament/smashfest or something, which will make this much easier...

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Yeah, a bunch of tournament results are also lost, since the process of reporting results isn't as organized as before. Things like gkirby's situation where he can only announce tournaments last-minute, meaning no tournament thread, was one reason why it became to be so. Other reasons included the person that has the Tio file for a certain tournament on their laptop forgetting, or just posts it randomly. And sometimes stupid things happen during tournaments that makes results pointless and usuable for Power Rankings. These things aren't any particular person's fault, but it is an unfortunate problem that has only existed recently (recent as in the last year or so).
Didn't happen when I hosted =P.

On a side note, the Brucening will be happening in 3 weeks, so I expect everyone to be ready to help him get back to a normal life where he isn't a vegatarian, and doesn't say "I dont wanta see rated R moving anymore". PC I leave the later in your capable hands.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Unorganized, huh? I'm not particularly surprised... :p

At least people had fun. But smashfests are better to "just have fun", as people don't have to go out of their way when a person is called for a match. Yet, when an event is advertised as "just a smashfest", the turnout is usually less than if it is announced as being a "tournament". Oh, well... :ohwell:

I'm trying to figure something out to update the Power Ranking, as we haven't had an update in a while. But it's not like the current one is that far off, since the skill tier placement in Utah is pretty solid and consistent.
Hopefully, all of the current panelists show up to the next tournament/smashfest or something, which will make this much easier...
you really want tournament results where 3/8 people in the top 8 left early? When there were only like 8 people?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Goddammit pc ive told you a million times that I HAVE THE RESULTS OF EVERY SINGLE TOURNAMENT SINCE FEBURARY!!! (Except im missing march for some reason) If you want me to give them to you i will. Actually ill just post them all right here in an edit

EDIT: Here ya go guys, all the results i have (If you want full results let me know as i have those as well):

[COLLAPSE=Tournaments]Brawl Singles - 2/20/10
11 Entrants
1. Yaz :metaknight:
2. Dryu :diddy:
3. Sinz :snake:
4. Gkirbs :kirby2:
5. DS4 :toonlink:
5. DZLE :snake: :dedede:
7. Serve :peach:
7. Z'zgashi :marth:

Brawl Singles - 2/27/10
13 Entrants
1. X :sonic:
2. Sinz :snake:
3. Dryu :diddy:
4. C!Z :metaknight:
5. Lada :rob:
5. Yaz :metaknight:
7. Gkirbs :kirby2:
7. Sephiroth :marth:

Brawl Singles - 4/4/10
14 Entrants
2. Yaz :metaknight:
5. Zeth :metaknight:
7. DS4 :toonlink:
7. Z'zgashi :yoshi2:

Yaz & PC Birthday Bash - 5/8/10
11 Entrants
1. Lada :rob:
3. X :sonic:
5. deathbygoten :pit:
5. Gkirbs :kirby2: :fox:

Blue Pancakes 21 - 5/22/10
29 Entrants
2. C!Z :metaknight:
3. Lada :rob:
4. lanky :snake: :toonlink:
5. Gkirbs :kirby2: :fox: :falcon:
5. Zeth :metaknight:
7. Yaz :metaknight:

Gkirbs Farewell - 5/29/10
11 Entrants
4. Z'zgashi :yoshi2:
5. DS4 :toonlink:
5. Red Dog :popo:
7. Boots :diddy:
7. Sephiroth :marth:

Gkirbs REAL Farewell - 6/11/10
10 Entrants
1. Dryu :diddy:
2. Red Dog :popo:
3. Yaz :metaknight:
4. DS4 :toonlink:
5. Gkirbs :fox: :kirby2: :falcon:
5. lanky :snake:
7. Serve :marth:

The U.T.A.H. - 7/9/10
19 Entrants
1. Yaz :metaknight:
2. X :sonic:
4. Tsuteto :zelda:
5. lanky :snake: :toonlink: :bowser2:
5. Z'zgashi :yoshi2:
7. DZLE :jigglypuff:

GEEX - 7/17/10
47 Entrants
4. XDDD :snake: :metaknight:
5. Staz :wario:
7. KANG! :gw:
7. lanky :snake:[/COLLAPSE]

And i also have a ranking/point system going on all those results, so if you want the rankings i've put together, here are the top 5 (And fyi, if they haven't been to any of the last 4 tournaments, they are counted as inactive and cant be ranked. The inactives are Sinz, C!Z, Zeth, and Anonano):

4. Lada :rob:
5. lanky :snake:

And with that, im off...

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Goddammit pc ive told you a million times that I HAVE THE RESULTS OF EVERY SINGLE TOURNAMENT SINCE FEBURARY!!! (Except im missing march for some reason)
First of all, use the collapse tag...
And second, you don't "have the results of every single tournament since February" due to a couple of reasons.
First, like you said, you're missing all of March.
Second, and this is my fault, but I remember that there was one tournament that was ran on my laptop that no one else has the results for (was probably a March one) that I didn't upload.

Also, I still don't trust the accuracy of these results, as even after I told you what happened, you still haven't fixed the following.

Yaz & PC Birthday Bash - 5/8/10
11 Entrants
1. Lada :rob:
2. X :sonic:
5. deathbygoten :pit:
5. Gkirbs :kirby2: :fox:
In this tournament, DRyu got 2nd and X got 3rd. And you actually got 5th, and deathbygoten got 7th (since you actually fought C!Z, unless there was a misunderstanding when I talked to him). But with this, it makes me question the accuracy of the other results as well.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
First of all, use the collapse tag...
And second, you don't "have the results of every single tournament since February" due to a couple of reasons.
First, like you said, you're missing all of March.
Second, and this is my fault, but I remember that there was one tournament that was ran on my laptop that no one else has the results for (was probably a March one) that I didn't upload.

Also, I still don't trust the accuracy of these results, as even after I told you what happened, you still haven't fixed the following.

In this tournament, DRyu got 2nd and X got 3rd. And you actually got 5th, and deathbygoten got 7th (since you actually fought C!Z, unless there was a misunderstanding when I talked to him). But with this, it makes me question the accuracy of the other results as well.
I want off of the power rankings.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
@PC: I watched the beginning of the finals between Lada and X so im positive about those two being correct (i didnt see the end but according to evryone else, lada won). And i lost to deathbygoten that tournament, you can even ask him. I cp'd falco at PS2 and got spiked by one of his tilts for one death and i was ridiculous. Also i never faced ciz, in fact last time i played him was in februrary

Also, i will collapse it

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
@PC: I watched the beginning of the finals between Lada and X so im positive about those two being correct (i didnt see the end but according to evryone else, lada won). And i lost to deathbygoten that tournament, you can even ask him. I cp'd falco at PS2 and got spiked by one of his tilts for one death and i was ridiculous. Also i never faced ciz, in fact last time i played him was in februrary

Also, i will collapse it
Well, I'm not sure about the situation with you, but I'm pretty sure DRyu beat X in losers' finals. Maybe it was just winners' finals that you saw Lada vs. X?
But whatever...I'm caring less and less about the PR the more I have to talk about this...
I want off of the power rankings.
Does that mean you want to be off the panel, too? (Not like it matters much at this point...)

EDIT: Also, let's move this discussion to the PR thread. For once, there is talk about the PR, yet we're not using that thread. The PR thread usually gets posts that should belong here, instead... :laugh:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Hmm, then i will fix that, my bad.

EDIT: That increased Dryu's points by an enormous 0.02 points, increasing his total from 69.21, to 69.23, and cementing his spot as #3. And that didnt effect X's score at all... lol

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
In my point system, i dont know the mains of most of the non smasher newbies who dont count, so if you know the main of any of these guys, let me know, and ignore the asteriks:

[COLLAPSE=Collapsed for PC :D]Byung Ho*
Nayashus*
Danny Nguyen*
Darth David*
Sunny*
Walter Paiz*
BK*
CJ Stanley*
Fuego*
Jimmy Brown*
Killa*
Tron*
Aiden*
Chip*
Danny Green*
Dylan*
Push*
Trent*
awa*
Fish Boy*
Gamer 397*
Marcus Covington*
Motley*
Sam Buchmiller*
SlayingBee*
Bau*
Christian*
Clint*
Daren Baldwin*
datmnky
Dy*
Ethan Kelsey*
Hunt*
Klub*
moy*
Ryan Goldsmith*
Zak*[/COLLAPSE]

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
i know

Byung Ho UY is a falco main
danny green is a pikachu main
Fish boy is a lucas main

i played fish boy & byung ho UY at Geex
and teamed with Danny green at Blue pancakes

not sure about Fuego
he played Ganon a lot more than he played his pit

my bad UY was the falco main not byung ho

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Personal thoughts on having things more organized so we know where the freak everyone is and what's all going on: We need our own website. You can really only go so far with Smash Boards. The only problem? I have no skills in such. I'm into management, not design XD We don't even have to go buy a domain or anything, just find a simple, free forum site, and we can expand from there (be better to have a general UT Gaming website, but, eh, we'd start simple).

That's at least the core thing. There's other things that could be done while here, but I would imagine it getting disorganized in the next few months again. With the summer ending though, it'd be a little bit easier, because not everyone and their dog (or so it seems) would be wanting to run a tournament.

Anyway, I'm down for doing such, but I'm not going to if it's just me working on it. Waste of time. If another three or four are into it, then I'll get some type of gameplan done.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Hehehhwhhehehehehhehe

well I'm probably not coming up for a while. But I'll be in ogden when I do. If my parents will let me I'd want to come play with ya...

r3d d09

Smash Master
we are about an hour away from ogden. if needed, i'd drive and get you smoom. You're my home boy. and i know you are because you also love pomegranates :DDDDDDDDDDDDDddd

Top Bottom