• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
So Tsuteto your Wii U was still in version 1.0.2.

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
RJ needs to get kicked out of smash tournies if he smells that bad. I've done volunteer work with homeless people my whole life and it's the worst smell coming off of a human being I've ever experienced. It's ridiculous and embarrassing. It's embarrassing I have to type this out.

Anyways good tourney but the turn out was clearly low. I think it's what happens when you split it up between two days. I feel like removing brawl and pm dubs could make having it on one day a possibility. Also we could probably start the next event up a bit earlier rather than just during grand finals of the current one. Easier said than done, I know.

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
RJ needs to get kicked out of smash tournies if he smells that bad. I've done volunteer work with homeless people my whole life and it's the worst smell coming off of a human being I've ever experienced. It's ridiculous and embarrassing. It's embarrassing I have to type this out.

Anyways good tourney but the turn out was clearly low. I think it's what happens when you split it up between two days. I feel like removing brawl and pm dubs could make having it on one day a possibility. Also we could probably start the next event up a bit earlier rather than just during grand finals of the current one. Easier said than done, I know.
MuthaFcknStinkyKirbz

Pumpk1nz

Smash Apprentice
yea he's a chill dude
but his brother is Cooler
Yo Frieza won wii-u? GG earth.

@ Stitch4 Stitch4 , like Jekyll said, I prefer TIO over challonge (had bad experiences with challonge). I should get the bracket images as well as the ranking results up as soon as I get the files from @ Tsuteto Tsuteto
The benefit w/ challonge though is that the 7 people watching the stream can see the bracket.

Edit: I just now realized the name relationship between Freiza, Cooler and King Cold lol.

Last edited:

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
Oh I completely understand the benefit. I am thinking about working on my own bracket program that can connect to challonge, as well as do things like send automated text messages.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
smash 4 doubles at 6 and smash 4 singles at 7 tonight at the game den weekly. we are starting sharp because i wanna get some buffalo wild wings afterwards. let's do this!

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
Nice job @ bellsworth46 bellsworth46 for having neumont run on time, (now if you could just upload the TIO file.) I was surprised how much better everyone seemed to play at neumont vs the weeklies. S/O's to Net and Logos for training with me before hand, to Lane and Phil for super close games

and to devon who I thought I might be getting close to beating, but totally blew me up on some scrubby stuff in my game at neumont, good **** dude. Also @ Pumpinz Pumpinz , you know why bby.

Where was @ Meleeruler Meleeruler ? I needed to show him my haxdashes :O

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
http://shoryuken.com/2015/04/28/eye...od-of-conditioning-for-fighting-game-players/

Super interesting to see high skill level player keeps track of the spacing between both characters. I should look into doing this for my smash games. Too bad its $199.
This streetfighter player is my spirit animal; He only ftilts, dsmashes and upb's.

You know me, I always miss the easy reads

Last edited:

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Where was @ Meleeruler Meleeruler ? I needed to show him my haxdashes :O
Would have gone to Neumont but I had work.

Also would it be possible to make the next Neumont have Melee and PM be paired and then have Smash 4 and Brawl be paired? I feel it's pretty obvious that those have the most spillovers with each other and it would probably increase attendance for the less popular game in each of the two groups.

Also we'll see if getting rekt by DMW for 3 days straight has made me any better for the next tournament.

Last edited:

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
So Toon Link can walk jump but not regular link.

Spank3d

Smash Cadet
Hey if anyone needs a ride from Provo or Orem to the Salt Lake Weekly on Friday, shoot me a text with your tag and your address, I have room to take 3 people. My number is 2087618464

Speaking of which, is that weekly just Melee or is there PM as well?

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
grab armor is stupid and i hate it

doesnt belong in smash games **** that noise

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Hey if anyone needs a ride from Provo or Orem to the Salt Lake Weekly on Friday, shoot me a text with your tag and your address, I have room to take 3 people. My number is 2087618464

there is no weekly this friday

Jekyll

Smash Ace

From what I understand, here is no SLC weekly this Friday. They've been moved to Wednesday starting next week.

Spank3d

Smash Cadet
Well that's news.. Ok along the same line, if anyone needs a ride to the weeklies on Wednesday, same thing, shoot me a text!

Also, would anyone in Provo/Orem be down to have a fest tomorrow after 6 or so?

Last edited:
Top Bottom