• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
Hey @Pumpk1nz I was watching out set here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U12QdUB3YHU, you should know that drill on shield is -7 or -6 depending on which hit you get, so it's really punishable or even grabbable. Nair on shield is +-0 so it's a much better choice (so long as it is as late as possible.) Falco's drill is -2 btw.

@ bellsworth46 bellsworth46 Are the Neumont videos archived on youtube? I really want to watch some of the past grand finals.

@ Pumpinz Pumpinz I practiced upthrow -> knee on fox. I think I have a pretty good way to practice now. I have two controllers, 20xx and the physics debug iso. I TAS the combos in the phsyics ISO with hitstun displayed and then either work on specific DIs using both controllers or play 20xx and practice hitting it with random DI. If anyone is curious about that I can show you at the SLC weekly. :o

Why do that neumont brackets take so lonnnnnnnnnggg to come out. I saw you email the bracket to @ N nqztv and it's already in the rankings :/.

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
i think i mentioned earlier that im spending my summer in vegas and ill be smashing hard so when ur all down here for EVO im gonna MM u all

be scared
Yo I'll take you up on that.

$50 at EVO? Paid through Venmo, of course.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
@ bellsworth46 bellsworth46 Are the Neumont videos archived on youtube? I really want to watch some of the past grand finals.
Why do that neumont brackets take so lonnnnnnnnnggg to come out. I saw you email the bracket to @ N nqztv and it's already in the rankings :/.
I'm STILL waiting on @ Tsuteto Tsuteto to send me the files as they are on his computer. As for the vids, only last february's are up as any before that were either too terrible or I didn't actually record them. I will look through this past ones and try to post the ones that are good soon.

UtahCharizard

Smash Cadet
NNID
UtahCharizard
Hello! I live in SLC and I'm currently trying to get more active in the smash scene here in utah. Problem is I don't really know anyone or know of any locals or anything. I still want to do some tho xD

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
@ UtahCharizard UtahCharizard Which games do you play him in? Also, as for events, we have a weekly that is currently happening on Wednesdays at 801 Labs (353 E 200 S SLC 84111) where PM, Melee, and Sm4sh are played with PM scheduled for 6 pm (though it doesn't really happen much anymore sadly). This is a great way to get into the community as a number of the more known people in the scene go there.

UtahCharizard

Smash Cadet
NNID
UtahCharizard
@ UtahCharizard UtahCharizard Which games do you play him in? Also, as for events, we have a weekly that is currently happening on Wednesdays at 801 Labs (353 E 200 S SLC 84111) where PM, Melee, and Sm4sh are played with PM scheduled for 6 pm (though it doesn't really happen much anymore sadly). This is a great way to get into the community as a number of the more known people in the scene go there.
Oh cool! Thanks, I'll have to check it out! And I just play smash 4 atm.

Pordlaw98

Smash Rookie
Yo guys I'm fairly new at smash and would love to go to some weeklies once I get a little better I saw the one that takes place on Wednesdays, are there any others that go on?

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
cool. Smash 4 is scheduled for 8 pm iirc (@ Tsuteto Tsuteto or @ N nqztv can confirm)
There's no official schedule for the salt lake weekly. We have been doing smash 4 last, but with the change in day, we may have to create a new schedule for the salt lake weekly.

Yo guys I'm fairly new at smash and would love to go to some weeklies once I get a little better I saw the one that takes place on Wednesdays, are there any others that go on?
Why wait until you're better? The whole point of the weeklies is to get better ;-). What weekly did you attend? The one in kaysville? If so, weber state has their weekly on Thursdays and the SLC weekly is moving to Wednesdays. Check my Sig or the pinned post on the utah smash facebook group for more info.

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
Which games are going to be played at the Provo weekly today?
Also I would love to MM ADLP at Evo if I end up going. I want to see if he'll still be using kirby in the MU :yeahboi:

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
hahah i dropped kirby after shffl up and deal

it had a good run though, i took 3 stocks from westballz's marth with kirby on nqztv's dolphin setup.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
today at the provo game den weekly, we'll be doing pm at 6 and melee at 8pm sharp. that's when i plan on starting, so if you want to enter, you have to come like an hour before to register so i can make bracket and stuff.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
smashers lose their venue (https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...from_rssbpm_tragic_news_for_the_nyc_pm_scene/).

you mean smashers shouldn't feel entitled and should foster good relationships with their venue? say it ain't so!

but for realz people, respect the venues we have! we can easily be in the same situation. clean up after yourselves, be respectful to the non-smashers around you, and just make sure you're not a nuisance/liability to the venue!

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I have a date for the next smash jam: it will be on the 23rd of the month. I have been asked to only run singles so that we can ensure that we end on time. So, the current plan is to run (in this order) Sm4sh, PM, and Melee. I am willing to consider running a Brawl tournament on the side if there is enough interest.

net1234

Smash Ace
S/os to @Smoom77 keep playing melee dude u got a lotta potential and pick up quick, dont waste that talent on tr4sh or brawl ever
:p

Last edited:

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
smashers lose their venue (https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...from_rssbpm_tragic_news_for_the_nyc_pm_scene/).

you mean smashers shouldn't feel entitled and should foster good relationships with their venue? say it ain't so!

but for realz people, respect the venues we have! we can easily be in the same situation. clean up after yourselves, be respectful to the non-smashers around you, and just make sure you're not a nuisance/liability to the venue!
They're definitely not telling the whole story as to why they lost the venue.

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
It could be a bad pun with our state, being the 'Salty Lake City Suite'

I'll see myself out.

net1234

Smash Ace
if i win i will personally throw a pizza party with gift bags to all the people that threw away money on that ****ty set lol.

Top Bottom