• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
hey, whose coming to that MvC tourny this weekend, i was thinking bout a mini smashfest at my place afterword would you guys be down for that i live pretty close to the mall its at?

also if i go to the tourny can i borrow somebodys controller, All i have are wireless 360 controllers.

Im going, Neils going, and I think I might be taking SMM1 with me. Id be down for that as long as theres some brawl involved as well. also, I only have 2 ps3 controllers, for tourneys its typically one for me, and one for neil but if you have your matches at times when we dont have ours, I know we wont have a problem rotating the 2 controllers between the 3 of us.

Yoshi is broken.
if sharky can come that close to beating you. I dont have any excuse anymore. I need to money match you again.

Roller

Smash Legend
Not gonna lie, I haven't played since KTAR and before that I hadn't played since April, so I was mad rusty. I also ****ing hate Yoshi. That tongue is the most broken thing in the game. And eggs make camping like... Impossible.

But I'll gladly take more money from you, KID. ;)

EDIT: Not to take anything away from Sharky. That was an intense match, his mashing was great and the set came down to Game 3 stock of champions. Also, Delta tells me he has significantly stepped up his game and considers him a top 5 Yoshi.

F00LY

Smash Apprentice
Not gonna lie Sharky, that eggroll I felt mad bad for you about =( I felt frustrated for you. I didn't wanna win that way nor see you lose that way. =( GGs though man. First ever Yoshi I played against and youre crazy good.

Roller amazing games as well. I feel like in Retrospect RC was a bad choice. Haha. Were you going to switch chars regardless, or did you just switch cuz I picked a gay stage?

Roller

Smash Legend
Roller amazing games as well. I feel like in Retrospect RC was a bad choice. Haha. Were you going to switch chars regardless, or did you just switch cuz I picked a gay stage?
You picked a gay stage, lol. Though if we wound up playing again, I might just go pika. 'cause that matchup is gay as hell with ICs and although TL has an adv over pika, it's more fun.

But yeah, I was sweating mad hard during our set, and it wasn't just because the venue was 140 degrees. Very intense, hope to play you again sometime. =]

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
anyone know what this tune playing on FD during sharky's last match vs BC is? I wanna snag it.

Sharky

Smash Master
Not gonna lie, I haven't played since KTAR and before that I hadn't played since April, so I was mad rusty. I also ****ing hate Yoshi. That tongue is the most broken thing in the game. And eggs make camping like... Impossible.

But I'll gladly take more money from you, KID. ;)

EDIT: Not to take anything away from Sharky. That was an intense match, his mashing was great and the set came down to Game 3 stock of champions. Also, Delta tells me he has significantly stepped up his game and considers him a top 5 Yoshi.
I refuse to consider myself a top five Yoshi until I get a good win.
Not gonna lie Sharky, that eggroll I felt mad bad for you about =( I felt frustrated for you. I didn't wanna win that way nor see you lose that way. =( GGs though man. First ever Yoshi I played against and youre crazy good.

That was the most depressing point of my tournament experience there. = (
Where was NYS at CoT5? D:
It was only me = (

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Hmm, MvC3 tourney at Play the Game Read the Story this weekend? I MAY be there. Not that I would play, but I have plans to buy some stuff for Magic the Gathering, so, who knows. Anyway, it would be great if they could host a smash tourney. To be honest I'm kinda surprised that they are hosting anything to do with video games.

Sharky

Smash Master
Anyway, it would be great if they could host a smash tourney. To be honest I'm kinda surprised that they are hosting anything to do with video games.
I was thinking the same thing. I will be talking to them when I get there about possibly hosting something in the fall. I won't be getting there until eight though.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
beta was there around like 4.

He came up to me and talked for like 5 min and said he had to go. I told him to stay and watch marvel but he wasnt havin it... idk.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Ya i dropped to see what was up after the tourny, goggles said they had to go somewhere so i said id throw a smashfest some other time. I was gonna enter the tourny but i was hella late. i didnt really have a ride home i just decided to head out then. Im dissappointed want to MM neil back at my place >.<. also that place would be hella sick for a smash tourny. there were tons of people and there was still a **** ton of room + its in a mall with easy to access food. (not none of that expensive college cafeteria).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Yea, me and sharky talked to the TO about having smash at his next event. I think hes gonna go for it.

The guy who got 2nd place in the marvel tournament said that Bum was his cousin and that he would have him come out with him next time if smash was included.

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys. What date would work better for you all for a tourney in Binghamton?

July 30th, August 6th, or August 13th. They're all Saturdays.

San has made me aware that KTAR is on the 13th so maybe we'd veer away from that date, but if you guys show interest I wouldn't mind throwing it then.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
Ok guys. What date would work better for you all for a tourney in Binghamton?

July 30th, August 6th, or August 13th. They're all Saturdays.

San has made me aware that KTAR is on the 13th so maybe we'd veer away from that date, but if you guys show interest I wouldn't mind throwing it then.
if you still want me to help run it, itd hae to be the 6th, since im playing a show on the 30th

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
Ok well now it looks like the only reasonable time where we can get the venue is the 13th. That's the same day as KTAR. What are people's plans regarding KTAR?

Top Bottom