• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UofM biweeklies Ann Arbor, MI (Back in the Fall)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
HoChi - try to make it especially to the first one, as we're trying to make it especially big (and show some of the more local people how much *** msu can kick)

Rat

Smash Lord
I would like to come but I will need a ride.

Kail are you going to go? carpool?

Kail

Smash Lord
I'm still not sure what I'm doing since my family goes to the bridge walk thing every year, but if I go I will car pool for sure.

Anther

Smash Champion
Heey... how would you guys feel about starting the tourney at 5 cause me and Bryan can't make it till then ^___^. we both have to work orientation that day and want to play in the tourneys ;_;.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
hmmm.... 5's kinda late... we could do double before then and have singles start at around 5...
or maybe just have like, a smashfest ahead of time, then start at 5?
What are other's opinions?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I doubt UM would be happy about us using the basement for overnight smash. We'll leave singles for 5 and run the side tourney if doubles ends early, I suppose. Randy, your thoughts?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I mean, it's not like it'll be overnight smash. It'd probably go until 1am? That just might not allow for any (many) friendlies afterwards. What if we just started at the planned time, and (if needed - probably) run the side tourney after doubles, then do singles. And assume Anther (& Brian? - Who's Brian?) registered for singles (cause registration for singles is still at the beginning so the brackets/ pools can be adequately formed and printed for a smoother singles tourney). I think that'd work. We'll Just pretend that anther's going, and then run side before singles (if needed).

Anther

Smash Champion
He's my doub partner. But I'll be happy (and bitter) being able to just enter singles. jk bout the bitterness though =].

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I doubt UM would be happy about us using the basement for overnight smash. We'll leave singles for 5 and run the side tourney if doubles ends early, I suppose. Randy, your thoughts?
Why would they care. Nobody works that late so they wouldn't know. We played overnight last time. And anyone can be in the basement whenever they want.

one problem though is that last year I remember there being little party things that the RA's held so if we interfere with one of those then they would obviously get it over us.

I still need a partner for this. Anyone looking for one?

Randizzle

Smash Ace
well, we announced way ahead of time that we were starting at 1:30. but we'll try to arrange it so you can at least make it for singles, unless you'd rather do doubles.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I think it's definately possible to start at 130, have a lunch break, maybe run the side tourney, and then start singles by the time anther gets there. It shouldn't be really much different. We really only need to cover for 3:30 hours, say, 2:30 tournament time, and 1:00 lunch. Reasonable.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
Why would they care. Nobody works that late so they wouldn't know. We played overnight last time. And anyone can be in the basement whenever they want.

one problem though is that last year I remember there being little party things that the RA's held so if we interfere with one of those then they would obviously get it over us.

I still need a partner for this. Anyone looking for one?
i could use a partner. who do you use in teams??

Randizzle

Smash Ace
Addressing this, can one of you guys living in Bursley make sure we have the place? Get to know your RAs the first weekend and make sure nothing else is going on.

righteous_dude

Smash Rookie
Just put my info on that all michigan thread- I'm moving in as a freshmen on the 28th and totally psyched for the tourney. That does not, however, mean I am prepared skillwise. >_>

by the way, do I bring my own controller? (I think so but I'm kinda new to this so...)

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there, if there was any doubt. I'll have to see how many actual tournys I can do after the first one though. This year I'm broke, and $40 a month adds up quick. That is of course, if I ever bother to find a partner.

Edit: I suppose it'd be $20 a month, but it's still not pocket change. Of course if I were to start winning or something... +D

Randizzle

Smash Ace
only the first one is going to be this expensive in order to provide a big prize and hopefully attract the big names. we understand that most people can't afford paying $40 a month to smash.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
dan is scared of jiggs.

Please post if you can bring TVs. Considering the number of people that are I believe are coming, we're going to want a lot of TVs.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I can also bring a TV and a Wii. Randy, can you give me a rough list of who you believe is coming? I'm still having a hard time comprehending over 30 people confirmed to be showing up to this thing.

Top Bottom