• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions v2.0 - Read the OP before posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Africa

Smash Cadet
I feel like guard break should be easier to accomplish in this game just for the sake of some depth in the meta game.

courte

Smash Lord
Please keep these opinions specific to Smash 4, and don't resort to insulting others to get your point across.
I can keep it sm4sh specific.

Hopefully the love this game generates will warm Sakurai's already enkindling heart to the point of developing with shared responsibility and an open mind in the future. Its one thing to say you'll listen to the base, it's another to actually use our suggestions.

I do hope we Can develop some sort of items/final smash/irregular stage ruleset this time around. Items on low to make them assets without being a hindrance. Final smashes will increase proactive play In what is beginning to look like a rather defensive game... akin to negative penalty and tension gain in GG. alt stages because well I think after ten years surely we can come up with something.
It's touchy because some people use it as a derogatory term to mean anyone who plays video games casually. Given how blended this particular board is when it comes to competitive and casual players, sometimes things do break out when someone takes the phrase the wrong way or uses it a certain way. It's kind of like when people use the slang "********." For some people its just common speech while other people find it highly offensive. Either way, the term scrub has a tendency to start something on some of the boards so we don't try to encourage it in those places.
ill clarify then. I mean The people who play both competitively and casually with the intention of getting better/winning in some way or another in the long run, but never by effective means. The ones who constantly claim bs like their busted controller or the game NEVER doing what they input or always in a sluggish manner when it works fine for their opponents. The ones who are full of johns on both a case by case basis. I believe the word most as associated with this type of player was johns. and the casual player, which we all are sometimes without being filthy, who doesn't look up advanced techniques and develops a effective way to win with his friends is not a scrub, but his friend who doesn't ever think about why he keeps losing when he's only ever constantly doing the same thing and then complaining about it. that's who is'm talking about.

sorry if I offend that person even in the slightest, but truth be told i'd rather help them get better any day of the week than offer up the apology to begin with

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
There's always those type of people in any video game community that are sour sports, always make excuses, blames the game no matter what, hate everyone else in said community, etc.. I can respect disliking said people/mindset, but I think it's important to be the bigger man/not stoop to their levels and resort to calling them names like scrubs (this goes both ways, so tryhards/elitists/tourney***s, too). The point is people who enjoy playing this game in a way different than us shouldn't be persecuted for it, nor should they criticize others/try to shove their thoughts over everyone else.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
:4mii:
The absolute worst. Moves that could've been used for other characters and the fact you can't use them against random people online is just a waste of time. The only good thing that came out of them was Iwata giving Reggie the E. Honda headbutt in the trailer.
:4lucario:
Didn't need that Aura buff, in fact the mechanic should've been reworked by rewarding you for being good instead of being awful.

:rosalina:
The only choice for Mario that I can give a **** about. So happy she got in before anyone else.

Being unique doesn't always = better. :4mario: FLUDD anyone?

KatKit

Smash Lord
I like what they did with the Miis. I didn't expect it. Alot of customization, and it fits well with the new Smash. Now we can create characters that don't make into the roster.

I still want a another WTF character. Particularly Ayumi (Famicom Detective series) or "Savvy Stylist" (Style Savvy/Girls Mode). Although I am very content with the roster thus far.

Still hoping for an optional female announcer.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Any newcomer Sakurai implements will be received well by fans, including me, regardless of any negative opinions, criticism, or disposition towards said newcomer.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm sincerely hoping for Pichu's return because I go by the philosophy that there's never an excuse to cut an existing character. Ever.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
- I love Miis making the cut...but I hate what Sakurai did with them, he went with the stereotypical omgsohardcore gamer mentality that the Miis are only 'generic' characters to slap anything on. He developed them as generic, boring fighters rather than actually using a moveset drawn from the extensive Mii series, almost as terrible as Mario keeping the Mario Finale or DK keeping the Donkey Konga.

Kokusho

Smash Apprentice
_ I actually like the Miis and everything they did with it. Custom moves and weight/speed and even whole fighting style. I love it. It even makes me want to collect hats in 3DS minigames.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I think Sakurai designing the Miis as swappable, custom fighters was overall a better route for the Miis than another referential character. As limiting as it is too their potential, it serves the nature of Mii integration in every game they were in. Like, they are essentially "crossover" characters you can swap into any world you please. Helps explain the Smash Bros. logo as their official icon as well.

To compliment the above, it goes to show how we as a community can get too caught up in certain character fighting styles (namely Mr. Game & Watch) and apply them to characters with rather ambiguous fighting abilities (Miis, Chorus Men, etc.)

Last edited:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I love what Sakurai did with the Miis. I love that they have 3 classes to pick from, and each with a unique Final Smash depending on which class you picked. I honestly probably wouldn't have liked it if it was just a moveset making references to Mii games. The Mii is supposed to represent YOU, not Wii Sports or Nintendo Land or anything like that. It's saying that YOU are a part of Nintendo's history and that you, the player, deserve a spot in Smash. I view it as a bit of a thank you letter to Nintendo fans, as you can now pit yourself against, or with, Nintendo's finest.

I could just be looking way into it, but eh.

mariop476

Smash Rookie
I'd like it a lot if you started off Smash 4 with only Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Kirby, one stage from each of their series, and Final Destination, and then had to unlock everything else.

I really enjoy having to unlock everything. After I do so, the game loses a little bit of its charm.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
-I like Palutena as a playable character, but I hope to god that they fix her face. It has no expression at all, and she looks like she's just constantly bored with everything. It really clashes with her body language which is actually pretty emotive. I also think that maybe Palutena isn't fully implemented or debugged yet, and that's why her trailer didn't show her doing that much direct fighting.

-I wont miss L-cancelling at all. I think it's a dumb mechanic that offers no strategic choice. Wavedashing is conditionally useful, and SHFFL is conditionally useful, but L-cancelling is always useful all the time, and that's a sign of a bad mechanic. (Yes I'm aware that SHFFL uses L-cancelling, but just doing SHFF with reduced landing lag across the board is just as good.) I'm okay with reduced landing lag, and I'd also be okay if there was some kind of mechanic like 'If you miss an attack while in the air, you get more landing lag than you would if you either hit with the attack or simply hadn't attacked to begin with'. But something like 'L-cancel to not be a noob' is just silly, especially in a game where 'ease of execution' is one of the major design philosophies.

-I don't like combos that much. 2-3 hit combos are okay, but infinite chain grabs and 0->death combos just annoy me and turn me off of a game. That said, I can somewhat forgive combos in Smash because there's usually a way to get out of them if you know what you're doing, unlike in other games. I understand their appeal in fighting games, since they make the match shorter, give people something to master, and look visually impressive; but the fact that the opponent typically loses most (if not all) control during these times is a real turn-off.

I know there are many people who disagree with me, which makes it a perfect fit for this thread, and I probably wouldn't mind combos if they were implemented in some way other than "My 9% damage advantage now becomes a 35% damage advantage just because I memorized a combo", and I'm sure I'll be memorizing them myself if I have to in order to get good at the game; but even if I use them (and even if I find them fun to execute) that doesn't change the fact that there's something about the basic idea of them that I just don't like.

There needs to be more that the defending player can do, such as possibly break the combo with a perfectly timed shield. Since combos typically require frame-perfect precision, I wouldn't hate it if a combo-breaking skill also required frame-perfect precision, and if there was some way to mix up the timing of attacks during a combo so there can be mid-combo mix-ups then I'd be okay with that. I'm not against rewarding the mastery of a character, but I do dislike the loss of control and the lack of ability to effectively counter a combo once it has started. In short, the attacker's mastery shouldn't be the only thing that matters. The defender's mastery should matter, too; and it should matter more than just 'don't get caught in the combo in the first place'. It just screams 'bad game design' to me and for some reason the genre has never replaced it with anything better.

The funny thing is that while I don't like the idea of combos, I still like combo-heavy games like BlazBlue, and I understand that they're fun to perform, but I feel like game designers can do better.

-I think the Mii fighters are fine, but I also think it's a mistake to ban custom movesets from online play. If you aren't going to have custom movesets in multiplayer then you might as well just not have them at all. I don't think anyone really cares about mastering single player, so customization there is only going to cause players to form bad habits for the times when mastery DOES matter, as getting used to one move and then having that move change on you is going to be bad. Even casuals play multiplayer (typically FFA stock, random stage, items on) so I'm not even sure who this is supposed to appeal to? That said, having less moves to consider does actually make the game easier to balance, but then it feels like a waste to include the custom movesets.

As a side note:

-I never understood how the word 'tryhard' was supposed to be an insult. It is, to me, the least effective insult I've ever heard in my life. It's like saying that someone isn't a slacker and... somehow that's supposed to be a bad thing? It's so weak an insult that it's almost a complement. The fact that this has actually made its way into popular use is baffling to me. If this is the future of insults, what's next? Are we gonna diss people for paying their bills on time? For having a steady job? For having a significant other who doesn't cheat on them? I mean really. You can do better, internet.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Just because Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong are monkeys doesn't mean they would be clones.

mariop476

Smash Rookie
Aren't they both Chimps, to be specific?Also, I don't get why people think Dixie would be a Diddy clone, there's more than enough to make a moveset out of.

I mean, most of it would revolve around here hair, but it's definitely there.

Sidenote, I feel Cranky Kong would be the best DKC rep. We need a character who can hop around on his cane like Scrooge McDuck.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I was surprised by and like what Sakurai did with the Mii's, but with his comment in the Digital Event after they were revealed that their moveset customization options would've had to have nine characters just to equal that diversity, I wish that he would've left the Mii's out just so that he could actually develop those nine characters (sort of a reverse of the Dedede vs. 6 clones in Melee). Even assuming that Ridley and K. Rool are newcomers, there are a lot of other popular characters with a lot of potential (Toad, Impa, Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, Isaac, Wonder Red, Dillon, Chibi-Robo, Ray Mk. II/III - a subjective list, of course, but there's nine right there) that he could've added in their place. What could've been will not be, and the best I can do is hope for there to be a few surprises in terms of secret newcomers, as well as DLC, but if he had the chance to make nine unique characters vs. nine unique characters' worth of Mii moves, I really hoped that he would've chosen the latter former.

EDIT: oops, didn't catch that before

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
  • Paper Mario(the series as a whole) needs more love than just trophies. It has more games, sales, and popularity than quite a few series that are represented in Smash. Actually, the entire Mario RPG side needs love as well as Mario Party. I'm so sick and tired of Not So New Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Galaxy, and Mario Kart. I love the games, and they definitely deserved recognition, but so does everything else that makes the Mario franchise.

• Villager was honestly the most necessary newcomer. Animal Crossing deserved a rep arguably back in Melee. Animal Crossing was actually released first on the Nintendo 64 THEN ported to the Nintendo Gamecube. Even if it wasn't, characters like, Roy and Greninja show that characters can be decided to appear in Super Smash before they even appear in a game! After Melee, many people were sure we'd see an Animal Crossing rep in Brawl, especially after the reveal of Smashville. Well too bad Animal Crossing fans, because we received a hollow excuse why one was decided to be excluded just to be contradicted in the next Smash. Finally, Animal Crossing received a character, and honestly, it deserves two characters.

• There are quite a few changes that I feel are very unnecessary, like the departure of the gliding mechanic. Why introduce an amazing concept just to throw it away in the next game? Same goes for swimming. Swimming was my favorite mechanic introduced in Brawl and honestly, it made perfect sense. Now, I'm not 100% sure if these two are truly cut, but I'd like to say that I'm 90% positive.

• This removal really bothers me, and that's the removal of transformations. I don't want to go into detail, but the excuse given was really bad in my opinion. I can still focus on a single character if I want too, except Pokémon Trainer, who could've easily been fixed rather than cut.

• Speaking of the Pokémon Trainer, I think his removal is one of the worst character decisions. Essentially, the Pokémon Trainer is the main character of the main Pokémon series. Also, having the three most iconic starter Pokémon was a great concept. Somewhat poorly executed, but easily fixable.

• I don't understand why Mii's couldn't have a moveset that revolves around the many games they partake in.

• I don't like how Final Destination isn't playable in For Fun mode online, I mean, if you can't select the level then why does it matter? Especially with items on.

• The newcomers so far have been pretty good choices so far. I must admit, I think all are deserving.

• Toon Link being a semi-clone again really irritates me to no end. I love Windwaker, and it has plenty of content to be implemented into Toon Link's moveset. Like the Deku Leaf for example.

• Palutena's model looks. . . odd. I think it's the face.

• Competitive players aren't a problem, until they complain about every little aspect of the gameplay. Especially those who say, "Well, in Melee blah blah blah!" Please stop, this isn't Melee nor is this Brawl. The game isn't even out.

• If it came to it, Mewtwo > Sceptile > Jigglypuff.

• I don't want to see Fox, Falco, or Marth anywhere near the top of the tier list.

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
-Besides game speed and no tripping, I don't want Melee's old techniques to come back. A lot of those techniques were really just exploits in the engine IMO and kinda made the game unfair to those who didn't really know them as they were never really stated as "official" in the manual and etc. L-cancelling honestly seemed like a debug thing that never got removed. This game needs to be more akin to Brawl Plus.

-Most of the newcomers were fantastic choices. Wii Fit Trainer was a good idea.

-I don't really want Mewtwo back in Smash. I don't hate him, I just don't really care that much about him.

-As much as I'd love King K. Rool, Donkey Kong only needs two reps.

-Rosalina is the least deserving of a newcomer spot. I don't care if the Mario series is that big. We have all of the core characters, and that's enough.

-Sakurai is totally biased toward his own game series xD

D

Deleted member

I think the whole Ridley debate is unnecessary and a waste of effort for everyone involved. I support him having representation, but I actually don't care at all if he is playable or not. I think that, despite what many think, his boss appearance is well worth teasing about, since the boss mechanic is rather new for the Smash Bros franchise.

I think Ganondorf should stay a Captain Falcon clone. I think it fits with him, and that his swordplay doesn't have enough potential for an interesting Smash character. B'sides, his moveset is just perfect for the hype.

I think all of the Star Fox characters would be a waste of character spots. I think Fox is.

It's unbelievable to me that so many want ROB and Mr. G&W out of Smash. I think they're disregarding the fact that they have some of the most historical relevance to Nintendo's history and that they definitely deserve to stay.

I think the competitive scene is complaining too much about Smash 4 being similar to Brawl. Melee seems to have clouded their judgement on the definition of competitive play, especially in relation to smash. I hope it'll stay catering to the casual audience, so that I can play the game with friends who don't play it as often as I do while still feeling challenged.

Jigglypuff should stay.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
- Ridley should not be in smash 4 as a playable character and neither should be King K. Rool. They aren't bad additions per se but there are so many better characters I can think of that these two should not even be considered in the first place. Dixie Kong as an alt-costume for Diddy Kong is the only thing that should be considered.

- No Franchise should be represented with more than 3 characters, except Mario and Pokemon. Alternative Costumes and Moveset Customization could easily take care of that: Rosalina is superfluous and an alternative costume for Peach in combination with moveset customization would have been more than enough for her fanboys. The same holds true for Link / Toonlink, Fox / Falco, Marth / Chrom, Ness / Lucas and even Mario / Luigi.
A bigger diversity of different fanchises would be good though. Shulk, Bayonetta and Isaac would be great additions for example and I hope to see at least two of them in smash 4. Either that or somebody from a Tales of ... game

- F-Zero, Earthbound / Mother and Sonic need no more than 1 character; Starfox, Fire Emblem, Metroid, Donkey Kong and Kid Icarus need no more than 2 and 3 would be enough for Zelda [Sheik could have been left out easily and Link / TL could be cutomized]. Pokemon and Mario both need no more than 4 tbh. Mario / Luigi, Peach / Rosalina, Wario and Bowser would be good enough for all intents and purposes.

- Meta Knight should make a comeback and be nearly as powerful as he was in Brawl. With gliding gone and new ledge mechanics, minor nerfs of uair and Tornado are already going to be good enough for nobody to complain about him being OP. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if exactly that were to happen. I don't think nor hope that he will be cut.

- Combos are stupid and overrated. It's OK to give certain characters [multiple] guaranteed follow-ups under certain circumstances but one should not be able to take half a stock from one opening as consistently as you can in Melee or even worse in PM. Only characters with generally weak KO options should be able to combo into KO moves. Other than that, strings of 4 or 5 moves are more than enough.

- On paper, the new ledge mechancis are the best in smash so far. They are fairly unbiased, they promote more aggressive edgeguarding and they heavily discourage excessive ledge camping. Although some people will likely complain as it will take some time to get used to it, they seem a lot more balanced than in Smash 64, Melee, Brawl or PM.

- Although he doesn't seem to be a strong fighter, Villager is the best newcomer. His moveset is quite witty, distinctively unique and he adds a new, immensely popular franchise to the roster. He's the same great addition to Smash 4 that Wario, Diddy Kong and Olimar have been to Brawl. In fact, most newcomers feel like worthwhile additions except Rosalina. Palutena could be worked on some more but Little Mac, Pacman, Mega Man and Villager are particularly great.

- In very few ways does smash 4 look or feel similar to Brawl. The few mechanics that have been kept from Brawl were generally considered positive additions [pivot grab, B-Reversal] but a number of important things have been changed [landing lag for air dodge, pivot jabs / tilts are easier to perform now, tripping and gliding have been removed and the ledge mechanics are COMPLETELY different].

:059:

Last edited:

Veggi

Smash Champion
Warning Received
I believe that the Melee community will be toxic to this game and no matter how good it is, it will be criticized for its values being placed in different spots than the values in Melee. For example, the air game in Brawl is still immensely powerful. In top level matches, players will spend much of the match using their aerials to beat their opponent. However, in Melee top level play almost the entire match is fought in the air using the same few moves. Because characters now have more of a reason to use their grounded options, especially in Smash 4, the game's values have changed to give more worth to ground game. The change in values does not make Smash 4 or Brawl a worse game. It only makes it different and if people don't learn to understand this, it will be horrible for the new game.

Think about how much the new game is already being attacked before it's even been released for being different than Melee. So far the game has already shown us that it's made huge steps toward getting rid of both chain grabs and edge camping. People have discovered pivot techniques that add more depth to the ground game and burying opponents and breaking shield have already been shown to be a larger part of the game that could make matches more dynamic. I'm so sick of seeing this game being attacked already for the most stupid reasons because people don't know what it means for a game to be competitive. Like, Street Fighter's values are in the same place as Brawl and Smash 4's in relation to other fighting games. Focus on heated neutral game that goes on for most of the match, super defensive, and a strong ground game with lots of emphasis on stage positioning.

People need to get a grip and stop trying to give this game an abortion.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I think there should just be a "Smash 4 criticism" topic. It would pretty much say that people who support everything about the game are better off staying out of it. This "unpopular opinion" thing pretty much just lets both sides come in anyway due to some people thinking a vocal minority hating on 1 opinion must mean that the hated on opinion must be unpopular as well. I remember somebody actually commenting saying that most people will like the newcomers despite a small amount of fans hating them. That statement in and of itself proves that it technically doesn't belong in this topic.

Last edited:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I believe that the Melee community will be toxic to this game.
3) Opinions that are intentionally made to flame/troll other posters are not allowed. Example: "Anyone who likes Mario is stupid."
Taking jabs at other fan bases (no matter how subtle) is not tolerated in this thread. As a member of the Melee community myself I find this post unnecessarily condescending and stereotypical. People having different preferences than yours does not make them "toxic."

This warning goes out to everyone... Anything that can potentially spark Melee/Brawl/PM vs. Smash 4 arguments will be shut down immediately.

I think there should just be a "Smash 4 criticism" topic. It would pretty much say that people who support everything about the game are better off staying out of it. This "unpopular opinion" thing pretty much just lets both sides come in anyway due to some people thinking a vocal minority hating on 1 opinion must mean that the hated on opinion must be unpopular as well. I remember somebody actually commenting saying that most people will like the newcomers despite a small amount of fans hating them. That statement in and of itself proves that it technically doesn't belong in this topic.
We already have a thread for this: http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-bros-for-3ds-wii-u-demo-impressions-negatives.358126/

Last edited:

ProfTrumanchez

Smash Cadet
NNID
ProfTrumanchez
3DS FC
0731-4753-9860
I think Smash is one of those franchises that have never had a "bad" installment, and it progressively gets better with each iteration. Smash 4 is looking exceptionally promising on continuing that trend.
I want Shulk, but I don't want Shulk. I think it's cuz I'd feel like a n00b since I've never played Xenoblade Chronicles. I'd feel dirty if the first time I'd ever wielded the Monado was during Smash Run.

Opossums3

Smash Rookie
-I prefer Dixie over King K. Rool. The only way I would be happy with K. Rool making it into the roster was if Dixie was in the roster as well. I believe she's so different from Diddy, and more important to the series than K. Rool. Cranky is just a terrible idea.

-I like Chrom, Shulk, and the Chorus Men. I believe they all do have a place in smash, but I'm not OK with only 12 newcomers.

-I believe the roster will be larger than 48 characters, and that there should be more than 4 cuts: Wolf, ROB, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake, and Jigglypuff.

-Wolf should be cut and replaced by Krystal. He also plays very similarly to both Fox and Falco.
-ROB is unique but not that fun to play with.
-Lucas, in my opinion, is very different than Ness, and although their model might be similar, he could be reworked to be a completely separate character.
-Jigglypuff, although iconic within the series, is not longer as relevant as the other Pokémon. I like playing as her, but there should be other characters.
-The rest are just don't make sense anymore.

-The stages so far seem mostly uninspired. I'd like to see more, and less Mario stages.

-Ganondorf would be more unique if he's replaced with Ganon, but I don't really mind Ganondorf as he is. I'd prefer if Sheik was replaced by Impa, but I'm OK with Sheik as well.

Daniee

Smash Cadet
  • I enjoy Ganondorf the way he is now and don't want him to change at all aside from that awful up-tilt and to just be made better overall.
  • If in any universe K. Rool was included before Dixie Kong (or even Cranky), I think I'd throw up.
  • Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Kids are going to be the only newcomers left (not including DLC).
  • I'm not going to judge Chrom until I see him, but even still.... why? I can't think of any reason for why he would be a character that would jump out as someone that should be playable other than advertising, which is the absolute worst reason to include a character.
  • Ridley being a boss suits him just fine.
  • I don't give a crap about what characters "deserve" to be playable. I would say games "deserve" to be represented -- whether it be with playable characters, stages, assist trophies, music tracks, whatever. But when it comes to deciding the playable characters, gameplay should be top priority. Choosing only recognizable (aka "deserving") characters is very unexciting and I love that Sakurai chooses some characters primarily because they have better gameplay possibilities than others.
  • I don't understand this whole "We need more villains" mentality. What does a character's alignment have to do with anything. Of all the reasons to include a character, this seems so stupid to me.
  • Palutena is the least interesting newcomer to me by a considerable margin (until Chrom, potentially).

Morbi

Scavenger
Chrom is going to be the best newcomer (most fun to play and most beautiful aesthetically) by far if we are to presume that the Gematsu leak is objectively true.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I'm still a bit annoyed that Samurai Goroh isn't playable, mostly because a heavy/fat swordsman guy sounds awesome in my book.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
-I think Miis were executed perfectly. Not only are they nice optional custom characters, but they look pretty simple. You can mix and match traits from characters, and that's really appealing to me. Plus, since they seem 90% cloned, they couldn't have taken that long to make.

-I don't have a problem at all with Palutena's model. It looks fine to me.

-All the newcomers are really cool, and I welcome them all with open arms. Especially Greninja.

-I don't think Ridley, K. Rool, or Mewtwo are necessary at all for a great roster.

-I very much admire Sakurai's character choices. I'm very glad he doesn't necessarily listen to the loudest fanboys.

-I'm extremely against making unique characters like K. Rool DLC. If I chuck out $60, I paid for it and I should NOT have to shovel out more for a character that should have been in the game in the first place.

-I think we should either get free DLC or no DLC at all for characters.

-I firmly believe that no cut is necessary.

-However, if it somehow was, Wolf should NOT go. He is nothing like Fox AT ALL.

-I think Chrom will be very interesting if he's in, but he unfortunately won't be well received no matter how great Sakurai does with him.

-Three blue haired swordsmen is only barely pushing it IMO. Two is no reason at all to complain.

-I don't want Robin or Anna to be anything more than trophies.

-Toon Link is a fine character. He just needs a new FS, but that's it.

-Sheik having the Light Arrow is a bit annoying but makes sense.

-I don't want any Melee-esque super-ultra-wave-cancel-whatevers in this game. At all.

-I don't think Kid Icarus is influencing Smash that much. I actually have a feeling Sakurai purposely made specific modes for Kid Icarus that could translate well into a hypothetical Smash. I think it works.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I'd like to see some more F-Zero, but not characters (Goroh or Black Shadow being the exception); give me some neat stages or assist trophies or music.

I really hope we don't get another Zelda, Mario, or Pokemon newcomer until some of the other franchises have filled out a bit. I understand that not every series can have five characters (Pikmin, Ice Climbers, etc), but I feel like, say, Earthbound/Mother could get Duster or WarioWare getting Ashley or - if Sakurai feels like being kind of obscure - one of the villains from the earlier Wario Land games.

Just create a fat Mii character and give him the swordsman playstyle. :troll:

If F-Zero ever gets a re-boot between now and Smash 5 (plz Nintendo) I think Goroh will be a shoe in.
You. I like you.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
What many people don't realize is that Smash 4 has to be built on a timetable. Thinking it's fair to compare it to the likes of Project M, a game with no time pressure and designed by people who obsessively (in a good way) played the game to Smash 4 is laughable. I certainly hope the balance is good for fighters, but I also hope Sakurai takes the opposite tack Project M did with stages, and make them dynamic rather than boring, safe stages (because FD versions do that just fine, though Battlefield versions would be great too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom