• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions - share them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
-Size doesn't really matter but one condition: Once character or object's size has been realized in Smash Bros series, it will not change a lot later. This means Ridley shouldn't be playable, Olimar will not gonna shrink back to small, etc. There's still hopes for King K. Rool, though.

-Even if few most requested characters didn't make it in as playable (Ridley, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Roy, Palutena), it will not impact SSB4 and Wii U sales.

-Lucario is the only Pokemon that suits pretty damn well as a fighter for Smash Bros series than every other Pokemon.
>Lucario reveal on Brawl anniversary day (JP) may have proven my point further.

-Want at least 1 cut(s)
>Falco go first
>Still wouldn't mind too much if 15/16 unconfirmed brawl veterans getting cut (Captain Falcon better not one of them!)

-F-Zero new-comers:
>Black Shadow - Inherits Ganondorf's old moves & let Ganondorf have new unique moves
>Samurai Goroh

-Star Fox new-comer:
>Krystal - Command anatomy/design (never want to remember her as one from gross furry Rule 34 pics which based on Adventures/Assault), has staff from Adventures

-Want Pacman but on condition:
>Little hitboxes
>Big hurtboxes
>Hard bottom tier
>Everyone's new favorite sandbag
>The joke character, far, FAR worse than Pichu.

-Might go same for Mii, so we can beat up on Mii cosplay we loathe.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
-I don't want to see Ridley playable, ever. Unlike other nemeses like Bowser and Ganondorf, part of Ridley's appeal is his anonymity. We know a lot about most of our villains, but Ridley has this odd quality of being impossible to fully comprehend. Setting aside comics and only focusing on the games; He never communicates with the protagonist, the only reason we know of about why he's an enemy is his goal contradicts the hero's, and - most importantly - his power is unfathomable. Ridley is massive (we've seen his size in Brawl as a boss - he towers over Bowser) and insanely powerful (again, Brawl gave us a comparison - he was demonstrably more powerful than a playable character, and unless you learned his moves perfectly he was for sure going to take a stock or two away). Now imagine downsizing this massive, terrifying murderbeast into a playable character, and you'll see every one of his attractive qualities fade. Playing Ridley means learning Ridley, so there goes his anonymity. His power MUST be reduced to make him balanced, and his size will have to be shrunk. Do you really want to see a character whose prime selling points lie in his feral nature tamed and contained?

TL;DR, playable Ridley cheapens the most valuable villain the Metroid series has to offer. Please don't do it.

-I've never liked Rosalina. I don't even consider her a character, she's a cardboard cutout who does nothing beyond give a weak plot to two games where plot wasn't necessary. I'm disappointed that she's taking up a slot, and I'll be even more upset if her duo-character mechanic ends up justifying cutting Ice Climbers.

-I don't want Wolf to be cut, but I want him significantly altered. I was thrilled when he appeared in Brawl, and then immediately disappointed when I learned he was yet another clone. They had the potential to give this guy some serious credibility, and they wasted the opportunity. I would rather see a revamped Wolf than see Krystal replace him.

...I probably had more, but I'm out of breath.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Time for another batch o' dem opinions which you may or may not share (but most likely don't!)

-SSB4 and possibly SSB5 have been tapped out on potential newcomers thanks to community speculators. However, this can change depending on how many franchises grow and how many new franchises we get be the next gen.
-As fun and dedicated as Smashboards is, the speculation can become really stale. Not because of Sakurai, but because of how long we stick to discussing certain topics and characters.
-Speculators buy way too much into characters they want to see and Sakurai can trump all our carefully-crafted arguments with his preferences. I am also guilty of this, but at least I can acknowledge it.
-The Wii U's hatedom is undeserved. As much as I want to see Nintendo take power again, do you really expect it with how they've been playing since the Gamecube?
-The majority of today's gamers are pathetic and unenlightened. I mainly blame the priority of specs and graphical power in the Xbone and PS4 as opposed to gameplay experience. To a lesser extent, PC gamers are also to blame because of this. Welcome to the new Nintendo vs Sega.
-Geno is one of the worst ideas for a newcomer I've ever heard. His importance is miniscule compared to the rest of the Mario cast.
-Pac-Man, Mii, and Reggie are all pathetic, bland charaters and potential base breakers. Keep them the **** away.
-Reggie's a meme and a businessman, making him an inappropriate "medium" to choose characters from.
-As opposed to my previous opinions, none of the Melee veterans who've been around for 2 games now should not be cut.
-The only Melee veteran I see and want returning is Mewtwo.
-Roy is overrated and shouldn't get in over other FE reps and Mewtwo. Not to say I wouldn't mind a redesign and a fourth FE rep being him.
-I want a 3rd Fire Emblem character who is not a sword-wielding lord just for the sake of striking balance between Marth and Chrom (if he's included). Otherwise, we'll just have the same two lord lineup given in the rest of the games in the series.
-I don't favor Lucina just because we already have Marth. Not to say I wouldn't mind a Chrom & Lucina tag-team or her inclusion if she becomes the main lord of FE14.
-The tradition of including legendary and movie Pokemon in the roster is boring. That's why I like characters such as Jigglypuff. We could use another ordinary Pokemon who holds some popularity with the fanbase, as does Jigglypuff.
-While Garedvoir already has types other characters can provide, that's not to say they can't give her unique moves around them. I mean, we already had Pichu along with Pikachu.
-Super Smash Bros. will never become an anime fighter if we get more JRPG protagonists like Isaac or Shulk. Nintendo's all-star cast and range of characters already gives us a lot of character archetypes away from bishounens.
-As much as I would love to see Dillon and Shulk, there series should grow a little bit before we see them become playable. I wouldn't even mind them as Assist Trophies this time around.
-I wouldn't mind another wildcard character like Wii Fit Trainer. Although, they shouldn't be ludicrous as WFT already presents that. More like someone we didn't see coming.
-I don't see why we shouldn't have 2 Kid Icarus newcomers.
-I don't care for nor expect King K. Rool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright… here we go again.

-I want Snake to get cut for the benefit of Bomberman in the next game.

-I never understood Roy's appeal and I don't understand why he should return. With Awakening's popularity, it would feel awkward if he returned. Mewtwo, on the other hand, was a cut that I didn't understand. I would feel disappointed if Dr. Mario gained his own slot; at least make him an alternate costume for Mario. I don't care for Pichu and Young Link as they stand at an extremely minimal chance of getting in SSB4.

-I never understood why Geno was so heavily requested in Brawl. He's just a side character from a game that was released in 1996 and he was only seen again as a cameo in Superstar Saga. If he got in Brawl, I would have felt disappointed since the roster slot that he took could have went to a different 3rd party character (like Bomberman or Mega Man). I just feel as though he is too insignificant for Smash.

-Miis are by far one of the worst suggestions for Smash. They're popular, but they go against what Smash is; a battle against Nintendo's All-Stars. It just feels absolutely weird to play as a character that looks like you or a celebrity in a Nintendo fighting game. There is also a chance for customizable movesets, which means people can make them OP and not play as anyone on the roster. Don't even forget how people could go on Wi-Fi with penis heads and Hitlers…

-I don't care for any Fire Emblem character whose name isn't Marth or Ike.

EDIT: -Melee's soundtrack > Brawl's soundtrack. Brawl had more to offer, but I was wowed much more from Melee.

Last edited by a moderator:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Warning Received
-I don't want to see Ridley playable, ever. Unlike other nemeses like Bowser and Ganondorf, part of Ridley's appeal is his anonymity. We know a lot about most of our villains, but Ridley has this odd quality of being impossible to fully comprehend. Setting aside comics and only focusing on the games; He never communicates with the protagonist, the only reason we know of about why he's an enemy is his goal contradicts the hero's, and - most importantly - his power is unfathomable. Ridley is massive (we've seen his size in Brawl as a boss - he towers over Bowser) and insanely powerful (again, Brawl gave us a comparison - he was demonstrably more powerful than a playable character, and unless you learned his moves perfectly he was for sure going to take a stock or two away). Now imagine downsizing this massive, terrifying murderbeast into a playable character, and you'll see every one of his attractive qualities fade. Playing Ridley means learning Ridley, so there goes his anonymity. His power MUST be reduced to make him balanced, and his size will have to be shrunk. Do you really want to see a character whose prime selling points lie in his feral nature tamed and contained?

TL;DR, playable Ridley cheapens the most valuable villain the Metroid series has to offer. Please don't do it.

-I've never liked Rosalina. I don't even consider her a character, she's a cardboard cutout who does nothing beyond give a weak plot to two games where plot wasn't necessary. I'm disappointed that she's taking up a slot, and I'll be even more upset if her duo-character mechanic ends up justifying cutting Ice Climbers.

-I don't want Wolf to be cut, but I want him significantly altered. I was thrilled when he appeared in Brawl, and then immediately disappointed when I learned he was yet another clone. They had the potential to give this guy some serious credibility, and they wasted the opportunity. I would rather see a revamped Wolf than see Krystal replace him.

...I probably had more, but I'm out of breath.
Your opinions are wrong.

D

Deleted member

Your opinions are wrong.
Afraid of posting an opinion/statement pertaining to Smash 4 because you know nobody will agree with you? Then this is the thread for you! All thanks to one golden rule for this topic: NO CRITICIZING OTHER POSTER'S OPINIONS.
The thread is meant to express your opinions without being afraid what others think.
Although you might not agree with his opinions, they should at least be respected.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I appreciate everyone that has stepped in and helped keep this thread civil.

I honestly thought a flame war would be inevitable but here we are 19 pages later and the thread's still (relatively) clean.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Alright...

The Mii's one of Nintendo's most iconic characters and it deserves to be on the game as a playable characters, no customizable moveset, just a cool, creative moveset from the craploads of material that the Mii series has to offer.

The characters play a big part in the quality of Smash games, so no Ridley or K. Rool would detract from SSB4 and would make it a worse game.

I love seeing people butthurt over Rosalina's inclusion because I absolutely love Rosalina, she represents the best games of the Mario franchise.

D

Deleted member

I have two small ones…

-I feel as though FLUDD is unfairly treated as the scapegoat for Mario's nerfs in Brawl. I rather prefer the Mario Tornado too as I never found a use for FLUDD, but FLUDD is not the source of Mario's problems. Yes, it made Mario's recovery worse, but Mario's attack power was weakened as well.

-Call me insane, but I rather not have Meta Knight be given nerfs. Meta Knight is my second main since I first got the game on the day of release; I found out a year or two later how good he was, but I didn't care. Though to be honest, there is just a strange charm with having a character that is OP as him that I find it quite hilarious. I would love to achieve balance by making every character overpowered. (a la Brawl Minus)

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Warning Received
Unpopular Opinions

-I still believe Geno has a chance to appear as a playable character for the Mario series. This is why Rosalina & Luma was revealed so early. Geno will be a much bigger surprise.
This man deserves a medal.

-I never understood why Geno was so heavily requested in Brawl. He's just a side character from a game that was released in 1996 and he was only seen again as a cameo in Superstar Saga. If he got in Brawl, I would have felt disappointed since the roster slot that he took could have went to a different 3rd party character (like Bomberman or Mega Man). I just feel as though he is too insignificant for Smash.
I disagree a bit here. Part of the appeal for Geno is that he is still an Ensemble Darkhorse (Incredibly popular one off character) to this day despite not being playable for over FIFTEEN years. Oh yeah, and he introduced the concept of stars being a driving point in the Mario games. Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario, and the like could possibly have never existed or been drastically different without Geno's influence. Also, dat cape.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I disagree a bit here. Part of the appeal for Geno is that he is still an Ensemble Darkhorse (Incredibly popular one off character) to this day despite not being playable for over FIFTEEN years. Oh yeah, and he introduced the concept of stars being a driving point in the Mario games. Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario, and the like could possibly have never existed or been drastically different without Geno's influence. Also, dat cape.
Not only that, but his character lends himself to a pretty cool moveset. His hands detach and turn into missiles/guns, and if you wanted to get really fancy he could leave his body and possess items, maybe other characters, or even just leave his body as a ragdoll for some weird Sandbag-esque tech stuff. That could be pretty cool, actually...

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Call me insane, but I rather not have Meta Knight be given nerfs. Meta Knight is my second main since I first got the game on the day of release; I found out a year or two later how good he was, but I didn't care. Though to be honest, there is just a strange charm with having a character that is OP as him that I find it quite hilarious. I would love to achieve balance by making every character overpowered. (a la Brawl Minus)
I think Meta Knight needs nerfs (Neutral Special, Up Special, Down Smash, Up Air and Neutral Air) but some buffs too (Down Special, Side Special, Side Smash, Up Smash and Back Air).
I'm a little worried about Sakurai's decisions, I don't want another Melee Kirby...

I wish Toon Link was cut.

ErictheLone

Smash Apprentice
I think Balloon Fighter is getting in.
Toad being in Peach's moveset doesn't affect his chances.
Something about the way Megaman looks I don't like. I think his head is too big.
If Mewtwo isn't significantly improved, I'd rather him stay gone.
I want Pichu.
I want l canceling back.
I'm not a Goku supporter by any means, but if he got in I have to admit I'd be happy about it.
I support Popeye, Donatello (tmnt), and the Fat Player from NES Ice Hockey.
I like Pac-Man and Mii.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think Balloon Fighter is getting in.
Toad being in Peach's moveset doesn't affect his chances.
Something about the way Megaman looks I don't like. I think his head is too big.
If Mewtwo isn't significantly improved, I'd rather him stay gone.
I want Pichu.
I want l canceling back.
I'm not a Goku supporter by any means, but if he got in I have to admit I'd be happy about it.
I support Popeye, Donatello (tmnt), and the Fat Player from NES Ice Hockey.
I like Pac-Man and Mii.
Interesting opinion, care to elaborate on why Balloon Fighter is in, even though he has been deconfirmed.

ErictheLone

Smash Apprentice
I'd be glad to, but there's nothing I can say, it's just a feeling. I don't think he should be deconfirmed though.

D

Deleted member

Oh boy… I am going to lose some respect, but…

It honestly bothers me that people heavily criticize Brawl and absolutely hate on it yet highly praise Project M. I understand that people hate Brawl and I understand that it disappointed many, but I cannot say that Project M is better than Brawl. Do I enjoy Project M? Yes. I have seen myself play some matches for hours and I have been dedicating myself to mastering Luigi, Pit, and Wario (EDIT: In fact, I do dedicate myself to main the characters that I like and I'm interested in every Smash game… make of that what you will here with Project M). However, I cannot say that it's better than Brawl because it is a mod of Brawl. If Project M was a separate game, then I can objectively say that it's better than Brawl or at least as good as the three main series games (I love every game equally; they are all amazing).
Back on point, why am I bothered when I see Brawl criticisms and Project M getting tons of praise? Well, without Brawl, the game that the majority of the competitive community absolutely hates, Project M would not exist. Without Sakurai and his team creating Brawl, Project M would not come into fruition. What modders did with Project M is absolutely amazing and they deserve all the praise and attention that they get, but I can't say that it's a better creation than an official work. I cannot say that the modders can make a better game than Sakurai because it's a mod of Sakurai's own game. That's simply my thinking.

And with that…
*flame shield*

Falco865

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Ridley would really work as a Smash Bos character. It's not that he's too big, it's that, unlike say Bowser, he looks extremely weird when scaled down. Look at all the brawl hacks of Ridley, it looks terrible.

D

Deleted member

It honestly bothers me that people heavily criticize Brawl and absolutely hate on it yet highly praise Project M. I understand that people hate Brawl and I understand that it disappointed many, but I cannot say that Project M is better than Brawl. Do I enjoy Project M? Yes. I have seen myself play some matches for hours and I have been dedicating myself to mastering Luigi, Pit, and Wario. However, I cannot say that it's better than Brawl because it is a mod of Brawl. If Project M was a separate game, then I can objectively say that it's better than Brawl or at least as good as the three main series games (I love every game equally; they are all amazing).
Back on point, why am I bothered when I see Brawl criticisms and Project M getting tons of praise? Well, without Brawl, the game that the majority of the competitive community absolutely hates, Project M would not exist. Without Sakurai and his team creating Brawl, Project M would not come into fruition. What modders did with Project M is absolutely amazing and they deserve all the praise and attention that they get, but I can't say that it's a better creation than an official work. I cannot say that the modders can make a better game than Sakurai because it's a mod of Sakurai's own game. That's simply my thinking.

And with that…
*flame shield*
[BOOING AND HISSING INTENSIFIES]
Okay for real. you bring up some good points, and I likely agree, but Project M is objectively better than Brawl in most peoples eyes, and for some, it's what it should have been, evdienced by some people saying it's the definitive Smash Bros. Now people saying Project M will be better than Smash 4? Yeah, come back when people actually get the chance to play it.

D

Deleted member

[BOOING AND HISSING INTENSIFIES]
Okay for real. you bring up some good points, and I likely agree, but Project M is objectively better than Brawl in most peoples eyes, and for some, it's what it should have been, evdienced by some people saying it's the definitive Smash Bros. Now people saying Project M will be better than Smash 4? Yeah, come back when people actually get the chance to play it.
To be honest, I cannot say what the definitive Smash Bros. is. They are are very different in gameplay styles that I cannot say which one is the absolute, definitive one to play.
You like some balance? Play SSB 64.
You like some competitive action and fast gameplay? Play Melee.
You like having tons of content and a large roster? Play Brawl.
Each Smash game has its own flare and are very distinct from each other. I definitely see the appeal of Project M in many people's eyes (again, I absolutely love Project M as much as any Smash game), but I personally can't call it the "definitive" Smash experience. I guess the definitive one is the one you prefer.
Calling Project M better than SSB4 is absolutely ridiculous however. We haven't played SSB4 yet, so we dunno how good or bad it is. I certainly wish that we could have some form of playable demo soon to know the feel of the game.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
To add fuel to the fire I'm going to state my unpopular opinion on project M. Now alot of people have said that project M will be the best Smash in thier eyes, and they are right, but not because it's obectively better!

This is going to be hard to explain in gaming terms so let me give you an analogue.

This is a 1990's Mitsubishi Galant, it is a 4 door sedan, designed for small and growing familes, it has a streamlined 4 cylander motor with simplicity and effecentcy in mind. Now the Galant was extremely popular at the time as it was affordable, reliable, and efficient, but in terms of preformance it was nothing special. That is until rally car enthusiasts found out, that with a few modifications, the Galants engine can be used as a great rally car! Mitsubishi, seeing this potential, teamed up with some of these people, and developed the VR-4 a car specificly for the rally car scene! One again the cars preformance was not groundbreaking, especially when compared to V-6's and V-8's but it was perfectly suited to the harsh conditions rally sport had to offer. This version took the racing scene by storm, as racing hobbiests, especailly the younger scene now had access to a fast car, which they could afford to buy and maintain, had good acceleration, and took corners like a champ.

Unsuprisingly, many of the more nifty enthusiest started tinkering with the car to see how much more power they can sqeeze out of the engine, by taking out what they deemed was unesseccary and placing more high preformance parts in it's place.

And now we come to this:

This is a highly modified Galant VR-4 designed for drag racing, it has a full cage, lightwieght chassis, and a custom made high preformance engine that boasts over 1000 horse power, something only V-12's can noramally achive! Preformance car enthusiasts consider the best Galant in New Zealand, if not the world!

Now with that in mind, you'd think that Mitsubishi would use the as a basis for it's own galant line, or at least continue the VR-4 line, right? Nope The VR-4 line was discontinued after a few years, and the Galant remains, to this day, a mid-priced family saloon designed for growing families.

Why? because middle class families have always been it's target audience! as it is the most suitable for a large scale company like Mitsubishi to have! to abandon the core audience it's had for years, to change to line up to cater to a small audeince that enjoys it for different reasons in economic suicide! the 1000hp model may be the best for the preformance enthusiasts, it has features which make it uncaterable to the core audence! the high preforming engine is under high stress and thus, tend to cannibalise itself over time, the exaust system has no muffler or catalytic converter making it very loud and fumey. The full roll cage is counter-intuitive as cars are very unlikely to roll in an everyday situation, and the cage removes the crumple zones in some of the most commonly hit areas of cars.

Now, imagine the Smash series as the Galant line, despite adding in features and content, adding more of what people like, removing parts people dislike, some features will be well recived, while others may not be, despite this, it will remain largely the same over every intineration. Melee could be considered the VR-4 lineup, with enthusists (or competitive players, if you will) realising it's full potential and unlocking it to the fullest. Project M, is the custom made drag Galant, made by enthusiasts for enthusists, sacrificing features that the core auidence enjoys, to cater better to them! However the Smash lineup, will always cater to the larger core audience, rather than alienate their already estabished large audience to cater to a smaller, much less stable audence.

TL;DR: Project-M is best for competitve, but Smash series has other priorities and there for will never be "better" than project-m for competitive gamers.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think Ridley would really work as a Smash Bos character. It's not that he's too big, it's that, unlike say Bowser, he looks extremely weird when scaled down. Look at all the brawl hacks of Ridley, it looks terrible.
I'm sorry... I don't mean to start anything but...

You say he's not too big...

But then go and say small Ridley is bad?

Seems contradictory to me...

Regardless, most Brawl hacks look awful. Try looking at Angelglory's comparisons.

Something just feels...off about this.
About what?

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Continuing the "unpopular Project M opinions" line:

-I loathe some of the changes project M bestowed upon some characters. Some messed up their playstyles (Lucas, Toon Link) and others were regressed (Game and Watch, Falco)
-Even if they struck some of the worst stages (75m and Rumble falls), they got rid of too many to make a slew of flat and uninteresting tourney legal stages. Figure out how to make stages with hazards legal already! Or at least take more notes from Poke Floats!

It honestly bothers me that people heavily criticize Brawl and absolutely hate on it yet highly praise Project M. I understand that people hate Brawl and I understand that it disappointed many, but I cannot say that Project M is better than Brawl. Do I enjoy Project M? Yes. I have seen myself play some matches for hours and I have been dedicating myself to mastering Luigi, Pit, and Wario (EDIT: In fact, I do dedicate myself to main the characters that I like and I'm interested in every Smash game… make of that what you will here with Project M). However, I cannot say that it's better than Brawl because it is a mod of Brawl. If Project M was a separate game, then I can objectively say that it's better than Brawl or at least as good as the three main series games (I love every game equally; they are all amazing).

And with that…
*flame shield*
I feel you man.

I'm a Melee player, but I really don't like project M. It's just so weird. Playing both Melee and Brawl and seeing the changes to the Brawl characters feels so unnatural because they weren't designed in the same engine.

If I wanted to play a game like Melee, I'll play Melee. I can say that the graphics are nice though.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I really don't want Pac-Man in the game.

I hope none of that wave dashing/L-Cancel competitive **** is in the game. I just want a fun multiplayer fighting game, not a competitive tournament game where it's always the same 7 characters being played. This'll probably get a lot of hate here, but ehh.

Also, cut ROB. Please.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-Seeing today's Pic of the Day makes me feel as though Captain Rainbow is a contender for SSB4. I wouldn't be too surprised if he made it on the roster knowing Sakurai. I would find him to be a rather cool addition and one that I would enjoy since I am a big Nintendo fan. I saw a play through of his game and I liked what I saw.

-Call me crazy, but I want the Master Hand to be playable. That glitch in Melee is one of my absolute favorite things about Melee and it's my favorite video game glitch of all time; I love going to Event Matches and messing around with Master Hand. I mean, playing as Master Hand was so freaking satisfying that it made me wish for a playable version of him in Smash.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Some more of my unpopular opinions:

-Geno should be considered before other Square characters because he represents the highest point of collaboration between Ninty and Square Enix. Also, he was tied for
second on Sakurai's poll for Brawl, and he was supposedly on the Melee
poll, too. Now keep in mind this was before his surge in popularity preBrawl, and before SSB speculation was popular. Perhaps Sakurai sees Geno as a Nintendo character, just with Square approval attached to usage of him.

- I believe that "Nobody knows who he/she is" and "They are not relevant" are weak arguments. Ice Climbers say Hi.

- I count Pulseman as a Second Party character since he is owned by GameFreak, not Sega. I also want him to be an Assist or maybe even a Playable.

- I think that Ridley is Not too big.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I just finished remodeling the basement into a bomb shelter so here goes.

Smash bros. 4 would make a perfect free to play game.

We could have the original 8 characters and maybe a couple more like bowser, pit, villager, and little Mac, and all the rest are either unlockable or cost .99 in a smash bros store. Each buyer is essentially making their own roster, so no one's butthurt that a "stupid character" got in.

Also, I'm of the opinion with Macleod gaming that as long as they've appeared on a nintendo system, they should be eligible for inclusion. There have been some licensed characters that were very influential to nintendo's past like Mickey mouse, snoopy, or hamtaro, and as much as it pains me to sound like your average 12 year old fanboy, goku and namco bandai go together like chocolate and peanut butter

josh bones

Smash Lord
Some more of my unpopular opinions:

-Geno should be considered before other Square characters because he represents the highest point of collaboration between Ninty and Square Enix. Also, he was tied for
second on Sakurai's poll for Brawl, and he was supposedly on the Melee
poll, too. Now keep in mind this was before his surge in popularity preBrawl, and before SSB speculation was popular. Perhaps Sakurai sees Geno as a Nintendo character, just with Square approval attached to usage of him.

- I believe that "Nobody knows who he/she is" and "They are not relevant" are weak arguments. Ice Climbers say Hi.

- I count Pulseman as a Second Party character since he is owned by GameFreak, not Sega. I also want him to be an Assist or maybe even a Playable.

- I think that Ridley is Not too big.[/quote]
Not unpopular dude

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't think there are going to be any cuts.

...Apparently that's an unpopular opinion, because it seems like half of the posts that I see on the topic are calling for Snake, or the Pokemon Trainer, or Lucas to be cut from the game.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
A lot of people want him in, as I do, so this isn't really "unpopular". I want Professor Layton. The only problem, really, is that he's so darn unlikely. Which makes me sad. When people say that he cannot fit in the Smash crew, I disagree. He'd fit right in, and I especially like his design/animation in this video:
- Smash 4 will feature no more than about 45 roster slots, which means there will be quite a few cuts and not as many newcomers as people are hoping for
- Wii Fit Trainer's reveal was more hype than Megaman's
- Although the graphics are great part of me misses the "gritty" look that Brawl had
I agree with these specific bullet points.
-I think there should be a healthy, balanced amount of cuts and newcomers. I cut a lot in my dream roster (my sig) and I feel that's ideal. I put ~42 characters. I think Smash feels really good when it has a... "grounded" roster, for lack of a better term.
-As much as I love Megaman, the joke characters always get me.
-The gritty artstyle to Brawl was perfect! It combined all the universes well! I'd love to see it return, but if it won't then whatever. I guess if all the games looked the same it wouldn't be as... recognizable..?

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
- I personally think that Ridley is just a Pyrosphere background character
- Sonic was added to this game so the Hardcore Sonic fans will buy it because of that one reason.
- I personally would like to see Princess Daisy as an Assist Trophy more than Rosalina, Bowser Jr. and Waluigi.
- Toad was my highest wanted Mario newcomer character .
- I like to play 4-player FFA 5 Stock on any maps (except Mario Bros).
I would like to play again!

- I would love more "WTF" or "Didn't Expect That!" characters. Someone who isn't overly predicated.
- Judging by the recent trailers, I think Villager seems really underpowered. Which is a shame since he is my most exciting newcomer.
- I would rather see Slippy as a Starfox newcomer rather than Krystal. Slippy has been in the game since the beginning.
- More Gen V Pokemon please. Everyone seems to hate that gen. Personally Gen V was my second favourite generation. Gen IV is first. Instead on having Mewtwo. How about a Gen V/VI Pokemon Character?

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I just don't understand the idea of straight up hating a character. You could not want them, or ignore them, but sometimes the feeling of knowing someone out there is happy they're in the game is enough to have me enlightened as well.
Hated the idea of Rosalina, warmed up to it when I realized that it's dumb to be mad at a fictional character being playable in a video game.

Last edited:

Fuqua

Smash Apprentice

And with that…
*flame shield*
I haven’t played project M so I don’t know whether I like the game or not but your reasoning doesn't make sense to me. That's like saying a remix of a song couldn't possibly be better than the original simply because it is a remix.... personally I don't get that logic.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I haven’t played project M so I don’t know whether I like the game or not but your reasoning doesn't make sense to me. That's like saying a remix of a song couldn't possibly be better than the original simply because it is a remix.... personally I don't get that logic.
It's like absolutely hating the original and loving a remix.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, I guess if it was like going from techno to country, I suppose, but this is more like going from country to western.
Sometimes a few notes make all the difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom