• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular Smash 4 Opinions - share them here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't want Pac-Man in the game.

I hope none of that wave dashing/L-Cancel competitive **** is in the game. I just want a fun multiplayer fighting game, not a competitive tournament game where it's always the same 7 characters being played. This'll probably get a lot of hate here, but ehh.

Also, cut ROB. Please.
Not trying to criticize, but you should know that with or without techs, it's still a fun multiplayer fighter. What you may find fun may not be fun for others.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Another round of bad opinions.

-As long as we have all of Brawl's characters returning, and this game is as fun as it looks to be, I won't sweat newcomers that much. I'm just grateful for an awesome new game, that I can play on the go or in freaking HD.
-If any cut Melee characters return, I hope they are significantly different.
-As Brawler610 said, I do prefer Melee's soundtrack to Brawl. While Brawl's was more expansive, Melee's, I feel, had a lot of heart put into it.
-Mii and Pacman don't fit in Smash Bros at all, I think you people let that one rumour get to your heads.
-Rosalina helps the chances of characters like Ghirahim/Midna and a FE Awakening character because in my opinion, it shows that one-off (or non-mainstay) characters can get in if the game they appeared in was a big deal, or vice versa.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
-Rosalina helps the chances of characters like Ghirahim/Midna and a FE Awakening character because in my opinion, it shows that one-off characters can get in if the game they appeared in was a big deal, or vice versa.
I don't mean to debate here, but Rosalina wasn't one-off at all.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't mean to debate here, but Rosalina wasn't one-off at all.
She very likely would have if she were part of any other franchise, though. Mario has a habit of being able to use any character as there is no focus on story or "canon".

Besides, that wasn't the point. The point was that she would have no recognition if not for the success of Super Mario Galaxy.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I know I'm a bit late for the unpopular Project M opinions bandwagon, but I have one too.
I like PM
Flame shield on.

D

Deleted member

I want the Ice Climbers to get cut.
I hated their presence in Melee, mostly because their voices annoyed me and I hated their play style. However, those aren't legitimate reasons for wanting a character to get cut, right? Regardless, I was disappointed when I saw them return on Brawl's Dojo.
My anger for them ignited even further with their stupid chain grab. Say whatever you want about tripping in Brawl, but I find chain grabs to be even worse than tripping. They just make the battle unenjoyable for me. So when I found out about their ridiculous chain grab… it made me furious.
Should the Ice Climbers get cut? No. I don't find them deserving, but I understand that they have their fans. But do I want them to get cut? Of course.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
- The Pokemon Trainer (Main character...) getting cut would be one of the dumbest moves from Sakurai ever.
- A half-assed story mode would be terrible, put some love into that! Not everyone plays Smash for multiplayer only!
- Ledges on Brawl are too magnetic, but on Project M and Melee, the unforgivingness of the ledges is absolutely ridiculous, you can be facing the ledge a few inches from it and still not grab it.
- Geno's a stupid character request. He's the textbook definition of irrelevant.
- The competitive community's way too scared of adapting when it comes to banning stages, this stage shifts slightly so you have to mix up your game a little? BANNED NOT TRUE SKILLZ RANDOM FACTORS!!!11!1!
- The Wii U Pro's the same ****ing thing as the GCN controller, just better.
- The Gamepad's a great controller and it's extremely comfortable, especially for input-intensive games (Wonderful101).
- Content on Smash represents an equally, or more important part of the game than the actual gameplay.
- This Dojo needs and lacks music reveals, and it shows.
- People on the Smash community hate Brawl so much for the same reason as Nintendo's hated within the mainstream dudebro gaming community, it's cool to hate it.

Last edited:

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
-I find Shadow to be a extremely overrated character, and I don't want him playable.
-I want PT to be cut.
-I want Zelda and Sheik to became separeted characters.
-Whenever someone say Smash4 is gonna suck, I get really furious. Play the game and THEN give your opinion over it. Judge a entire game based on a single match doesn't make sense.
-Why are some people saying this game is going to be a Brawl 2.0? Melee wasn't a Smash64 2.0. Brawl wasn't Melee 2.0. All smash games so far provided a unique experiense. Why is everyone saying this won't' happen this time?
-Blame Brawl, Sakurai or Nintendo for the splitting of this community is ignorant, IMO. We're a huge community, and everyone here have different tastes and opinions about each smash game. That's understandeble. I also know how the melee competitive players were dissapointed when they played Brawl. But post stuff like "Brawl sucks and you should feel bad for playing it" or "Brawl is smash for noobs. Just play melee" is unacceptable. It's ok to dislike a game and give your opinion about it, but **** all people who do like this game is not. Don't use your opinion about a game as an excuse to be desrespectful to the other. This go for both (Melee and Brawl) communits.

...I guess that's it.:p

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Rosalina helps the chances of characters like Ghirahim/Midna and a FE Awakening character because in my opinion, it shows that one-off (or non-mainstay) characters can get in if the game they appeared in was a big deal, or vice versa.
While this is what I am afraid of (still not being particularly happy about her inclusion), I'm not sure the logic actually follows. Rosalina is still more relevant to the Mario franchise than we can say that Ghirahim/Midna is to the Zelda series. Rosalina has established herself as a character beyond the Galaxy series with Super Mario 3D World.

She looked to be a one-off character, but Nintendo decided otherwise.

A Fire Emblem Awakening character is likely to begin with, because the franchise is entirely different in characters. The vast majority of new Fire Emblem games have a new main character, thus why Ike was in Brawl, although he hasn't necessarily set himself up to be a recurring character in the FE series to my knowledge. The same logic very much follows with Roy in Melee.

Seeing as one-offing is kind of the nature of the FE series (correct me if I'm wrong, though, I haven't played the series extensively), it makes sense to do the same in representing the series in SSB (save for Marth, who is the original FE lord).

Zelda is entirely different... The same main character every game. The same princess. And a very prominent villain that appears in most titles.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I love both, but why you think that they are equal?
The GCN basically has the same buttons as every other controller, their allocation and position is just weird and awkward as hell, I prefer the SNES-style layout. And I really don't know what they were thinking with the small, twiddly c-stick.

Last edited:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
The GCN basically has the same buttons as every other controller, their allocation and position is just weird and awkward as hell, I prefer the SNES-style layout. And I really don't know what they were thinking with the small, twiddly c-stick.
So you didn´t like Wii U pro controller? I really like GC Control, they just stink to play fighting games because the d-pad.

T

Trick or Treat

I would both love and hate it if Daisy made it into Smash Bros. She's one of my favorite characters in video games, and would probably have an awesome, fun moveset. But in terms of relevance and importance, I admit that she would be a waste of a spot on the roster, especially if it meant that a far more deserving character wouldn't make it.

Now the big one, which I touched on before. But people seriously need to get over Melee, I'm sorry. There's nothing wrong with liking it better than Brawl, but come on, some of you worship the game like it's a gift from god and the best game to ever exist. I'm not saying that because I like Brawl better, because I'd react the same way if the roles were reversed. I just don't see why people worship it so much. Anyway, I don't care if Smash 4 is more like Brawl, or if it's more like Melee. Means nothing to me because it's going to be an amazing game no matter what.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Now the big one, which I touched on before. But people seriously need to get over Melee, I'm sorry. There's nothing wrong with liking it better than Brawl, but come on, some of you worship the game like it's a gift from god and the best game to ever exist. I'm not saying that because I like Brawl better, because I'd react the same way if the roles were reversed. I just don't see why people worship it so much. Anyway, I don't care if Smash 4 is more like Brawl, or if it's more like Melee. Means nothing to me because it's going to be an amazing game no matter what.
1000 times this. I couldn't care less if you plan on playing it for the next fifty years, I just want people to stop trying to cram their opinion down our necks and belittleing us for liking Brawl or Four more.

Same goes the other way too, Brawl/Four fans shouldn't be reacting the way they do against the Melee fans.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
While this is what I am afraid of (still not being particularly happy about her inclusion), I'm not sure the logic actually follows. Rosalina is still more relevant to the Mario franchise than we can say that Ghirahim/Midna is to the Zelda series. Rosalina has established herself as a character beyond the Galaxy series with Super Mario 3D World.
She looked to be a one-off character, but Nintendo decided otherwise.
A Fire Emblem Awakening character is likely to begin with, because the franchise is entirely different in characters. The vast majority of new Fire Emblem games have a new main character, thus why Ike was in Brawl, although he hasn't necessarily set himself up to be a recurring character in the FE series to my knowledge. The same logic very much follows with Roy in Melee.
Seeing as one-offing is kind of the nature of the FE series (correct me if I'm wrong, though, I haven't played the series extensively), it makes sense to do the same in representing the series in SSB (save for Marth, who is the original FE lord).
Zelda is entirely different... The same main character every game. The same princess. And a very prominent villain that appears in most titles.
Zelda has entirely one-off characters in a technical sense. Does the Link from Ocarina of Time live in Twilight Princess? (He actually sort of does, but that's never even implied in the game itself) No.

Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf represent game elements more than they do actual developed characters. The actual characters in that sense, Midna, Ghirahim, Medli, many others, they never appear again, because no Zelda game is really set in the same time. As stated many times by the creators, Zelda's story/canon is completely an afterthought.
However, Fire Emblem's story is more "realistic" so naturally the main characters of the first Fire Emblem don't appear in the thirteenth (one actually does but she is a dragon)

Which brings me to Mario. A series that literally could not care less about story. Naturally, if a well-received game has a well-received character, they're going to use them again because they can. Rosalina was almost non-existent in SMG2.
She only appeared in spin-offs. She appeared playable in SM3DW, but that was made by the same team as Super Mario Galaxy and had a whole world inspired by it.

The point is, Super Mario Galaxy, one successful game, along with obvious potential, got Rosalina in Smash Bros.
So it isn't impossible for the same to happen with another character, a good example being Midna as she falls under a similar situation as Rosalina but also appears in a series with mostly non-recurring characters.

Last edited:

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
here's my personal opinions:

-I feel that Shadow should become an alternate costume for Sonic this time around, but definitely NOT a playable character

-Heracross should get added, either as a playable character or a pokeball assist item

-I'd love to see a Face Raider stage for the 3DS version

-I REALLY want KOS-MOS as a newcomer ;_;

-personally, I think Pac-Man should get added as an assist trophy

Sun & Moon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedNes30
3DS FC
3411-1835-2138
here's my personal opinions:

-I feel that Shadow should become an alternate costume for Sonic this time around, but definitely NOT a playable character

-Heracross should get added, either as a playable character or a pokeball assist item

-I'd love to see a Face Raider stage for the 3DS version

-I REALLY want KOS-MOS as a newcomer ;_;

-personally, I think Pac-Man should get added as an assist trophy
Who the **** is KOS-MOS?

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
Who the **** is KOS-MOS?
yeah, you'd probably have to look it up to fully know who she is, but as a bit of incentive, I'll basically say this:

Imagine Megaman, but as a girl, with long blue hair, who can change her arms into a plethora of different weapons such as swords, cannons and machine guns, and can utilize the elements of ice and electricity.

that's the general gist

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I think that Smash 4 is shaping to be the better one in the series

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I think Brawl's competitive scene is going to die out with the release of Smash 4. It's already less popular than Melee/Project M at this point and pretty much everyone will move onto Smash 4 upon its release.

Not sure if that's an unpopular opinion but whatevs.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
same here, maybe it'll even put Project M to shame...... maaaaaaaaaaybe No
Fixed.
I think Brawl's competitive scene is going to die out with the release of Smash 4. It's already less popular than Melee/Project M at this point and pretty much everyone will move onto Smash 4 upon its release.

Not sure if that's an unpopular opinion but whatevs.
I think that it's a widely accepted fact.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Smash 4 is gonna be better than Project M just because will have new content made by professional....
no offense

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Content-wise? Sure, no point arguing there (well hopefully). Visually? Of course. Balance-wise? Keep on dreaming, pal.

Smash 4 will have a minimal effect on Project M, and inversely, Project M will have a minimal effect on Smash 4. Neither of the games will kill eachother and will most likely coexist together without getting in the other's way. This is not an opinion.

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
Content-wise? Sure, no point arguing there (well hopefully). Visually? Of course. Balance-wise? Keep on dreaming, pal.

Smash 4 will have a minimal effect on Project M, and inversely, Project M will have a minimal effect on Smash 4. Neither of the games will kill eachother and will most likely coexist together without getting in the other's way. This is not an opinion.
hench why I said "maybe" not "it will"

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
What? Afraid of a melee clone?

If they balanced it: they would nerf nobody and give everyone an OP trait.

Wait didn't sakurai say in an interview that he will try to not nerf anyone but instead improve existing moves?
Not sure, but I've been hearing it going around lately. But anyways, alot of PM's changes were pretty unnecessary. Like Pokemon Trainer being completely split up, Snake's moveset being rehauled, various moves being changed to more generic ones... (WoI anyone?) And then there's the fact it was started because "Brawl is horrible, Melee is godlyness." Don't even get me started on the act of hacking itself... That's the reason I will never play it.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
I am worried of the changes to pits new wings of Icarus

As it could remove the WOI cancel tech from brawl.
The WOI cancel gave a wind effect that pushed players away; the cancel could make many frame traps.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
It would be a terrible idea. Why make two PMs? For the sake of a few additional characters? Hell no! They can already add new characters as of now. And besides, the backroom has already said that they have absolutely no intention to take on a project of such scale. Do you people understand how much work it took for the mod to become what it is now? It literally took years of coding and hacking by the Brawl modding community elite just to get a functional clone engine. The PMBR ain't Nintendo or Namco; they're a group of about 40 members, 20 of which are playtesters, leaving about 20 "unprofessional" or "amateur" developers, as some like to call them, who get zero compensation for their efforts.

Smash 4 hasn't even come out yet; it would at least take two years for the metagame to develop to a point where game-breaking flaws/mechanics/characters are becoming increasingly clearer. Even if a group of people decided to mod Smash 4, they would definitely encounter multiple hardships, as the game is surely going to be more polished than Brawl and have less exploitable loopholes. Not to mention it would not become very successful with the community with a powerhouse such as PM on the block.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom