• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yeah,I agree. I personally like the lankiness but the spikes still seem like overkill to me. The teeth look great but as they approach the jaw they start flaring out sideways and that looks really goofy. Fixing that would look great.
Thats why its not finished yet. But spikes will stay.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Awesome, thank you. It's cool seeing this model gradually become your own. At this point it's hardly recognizable as having come from Other M.
This won't be the default model (just like spiked model isn't the default one anymore). And its still pretty easy to tell where it came from just because of proportions (mostly due to very long arms and normal head).

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
This won't be the default model (just like spiked model isn't the default one anymore). And its still pretty easy to tell where it came from just because of proportions (mostly due to very long arms and normal head).
Okay, that makes sense. One thing I do think should carry over to the default model is him being skinnier. It would make him a bit more of a composite character than the current Ridley model. I think most people like the idea of Ridley being strong and muscular, but not necessarily bulky (think the Xenomorphs from Alien, which he was based on).

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Okay, that makes sense. One thing I do think should carry over to the default model is him being skinnier. It would make him a bit more of a composite character than the current Ridley model. I think most people like the idea of Ridley being strong and muscular, but not necessarily bulky (think the Xenomorphs from Alien, which he was based on).
Thats something im not sure i should do. While Ridley always was lanky (while still having noticable muscles), its doesn't looks as good when he is scaled down and when limbs are longer, he looks even thinner.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Thats something im not sure i should do. While Ridley always was lanky (while still having noticable muscles), its doesn't looks as good when he is scaled down and when limbs are longer, he looks even thinner.
That's a fair point. I'd have to see it in-game to make a real decision, but he looks good from the alt model's pic you showed off before.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Just a small update - i decided to change standing pose (and animation of course):

I haven't tested if wings clip through platforms yet. If they do (and im sure about it), then i'll fix it. I had to leave his legs like this to reduce effort required to make other animations properly go into this pose.
Also, i kinda started to like that other model's grin and extra teeth. Makes him look more threatening (or at least more bloodthirsty) in certain poses. Just compare:
But then again, those 2 things make it kinda "edgy", so...I'd better leave it as just extra download.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
...they work...Main mod uses .rel file for Pit. No one reported crashes or freezes because of them...yet. And those ports work perfectly too.

Aaaand wings clip through the platforms. Easy to fix at least.
I had got a crash using the Olimar port I was supposed to change all of the FitRidley to FitPikmin right @ PyotrLuzhin PyotrLuzhin

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
I miss it too (no more DTilt>UAir>BAir>FAir WoP).

I just thought of something and made this:

What is it? Well, it is Brawl model with Other M proportions. How it would look like with Other M Ridley's rig. Looks fine.
Quick question, will this ever be a thing? The reason I bring this back up is because of the fact you said you learned how to rig from KJP and you said after this Ridley mod is finished you'll be working on Dark Samus, then after that you'll be working on SM Ridley/Brawley and I was wondering if you'd still be interested in finding out a way to make this a thing to tide people over for those who want the SM Ridley/Brawley.

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about everyone else but that thinner Ridley model is even cooler than default Ridley. At this rate you'll be able to please Metroid fans of all kinds lol

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Quick question, will this ever be a thing? The reason I bring this back up is because of the fact you said you learned how to rig from KJP and you said after this Ridley mod is finished you'll be working on Dark Samus, then after that you'll be working on SM Ridley/Brawley and I was wondering if you'd still be interested in finding out a way to make this a thing to tide people over for those who want the SM Ridley/Brawley.
I can, but not without difficulties thanks to extra finger in the wings.
I had got a crash using the Olimar port I was supposed to change all of the FitRidley to FitPikmin right @ PyotrLuzhin PyotrLuzhin
Yes, thats how you should have done it. But did you also use proper .rel and .gct file? And how exactly you renamed the files? It should be FitPikmin.pac, FitPikmin0X.pac and FitPikmin0X.pcs (with X being a number from 0 to 7), FitPikminMotionEtc, FitPikminSpy.pac and FitPikminSpy.pcs, etc.

Last edited:

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I agree with AceGamer; I don't personally believe the additional spikes, grin (or at least the eyes alongside the expression), and darkened color translate well into the game but the smaller proportions resemble past Ridley designs, and is much easier to look upon. Due to the the way the shaders interact with the current Ridley's textures, the torso down to the upper legs can sometimes look like a jumbled mess of detail during certain poses - just compare the two images above to see my point.

I'm not sure if this is something to be taken into consideration at this time, but I'd like to 'place my vote' for using the proportions of the darker Ridley for the official mod. I'm sure some would prefer an alternate download, but aesthetically I'm only noting improvements viewing the modified model.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I agree with AceGamer; I don't personally believe the additional spikes, grin (or at least the eyes alongside the expression), and darkened color translate well into the game but the smaller proportions resemble past Ridley designs, and is much easier to look upon. Due to the the way the shaders interact with the current Ridley's textures, the torso down to the upper legs can sometimes look like a jumbled mess of detail during certain poses - just compare the two images above to see my point.

I'm not sure if this is something to be taken into consideration at this time, but I'd like to 'place my vote' for using the proportions of the darker Ridley for the official mod. I'm sure some would prefer an alternate download, but aesthetically I'm only noting improvements viewing the modified model.
You mean that gap between his pelvis and legs? It will look like this unless model's rig is fixed in that area. Its like this in Other M too. Still looks pretty ugly. If not that...i don't understand what exactly you mean. As for eyes on alt model, it was placeholder to make it possible to move the pupil.

Thats a good idea. Go here for the poll then: http://www.poll-maker.com/poll374654x198945Cf-14

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I can, but not without difficulties thanks to extra finger in the wings.

Yes, thats how you should have done it. But did you also use proper .rel and .gct file? And how exactly you renamed the files? It should be FitPikmin.pac, FitPikmin0X.pac and FitPikmin0X.pcs (with X being a number from 0 to 7), FitPikminMotionEtc, FitPikminSpy.pac and FitPikminSpy.pcs, etc.
Yeah I did that but I used a clean file of PM 3.6 Beta

Superfiremario

Smash Apprentice
Maybe something to do with FitPikminEntry? Possibly it freezes because Olimar's entry plucks three pikmin and ridley doesn't have those in his files? I removed FitPikminEntry, but I haven't tested it yet.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Maybe something to do with FitPikminEntry? Possibly it freezes because Olimar's entry plucks three pikmin and ridley doesn't have those in his files? I removed FitPikminEntry, but I haven't tested it yet.
Olimar plucks pikmin by generating their articles. This requires entry state's coding to have those commands. Ridley's lacks those, so, it shouldn't even try to load them.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
1. are you using homebrew or hackless?
2. like bagan asked, did you rename all of the relevant files and did you replace the .rel?
3. most importantly, does it crash during training mode?
1. Hackless 2. Yes I did 3. Yes it does I will redownload to make sure that I did something wrong

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Just a small update - i decided to change standing pose (and animation of course):

I haven't tested if wings clip through platforms yet. If they do (and im sure about it), then i'll fix it. I had to leave his legs like this to reduce effort required to make other animations properly go into this pose.
Also, i kinda started to like that other model's grin and extra teeth. Makes him look more threatening (or at least more bloodthirsty) in certain poses. Just compare:
But then again, those 2 things make it kinda "edgy", so...I'd better leave it as just extra download.
I like the more lanky looking one more but can you please have a spikeless version with blank pupils?

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Ahh! !Hulk Smash!! I don't understand how to get the mod in Project M. I tried watching the tutorials but he moves too fast. Its to the point where I'm not exactly sure where I need help. Someone help, seriously.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Super Metroid recolour should have blank pupils. And Meta.
Meta already has blank pupils. But Super Metroid Ridley had pupils on NA and recolor is based on NA boxart Ridley rather than how he looks like in the game, so, gotta keep pupils.
Ahh! !Hulk Smash!! I don't understand how to get the mod in Project M. I tried watching the tutorials but he moves too fast. Its to the point where I'm not exactly sure where I need help. Someone help, seriously.
If you have no other mods installed (unless its just model or texture replacements and they don't have their own CSPs), just insert projectm and codes folders into your SD card.

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
This is my preferred form too, however I have just two qualms with it. The arms, they'll need to get beefed up in certain areas. Another is I guess he's not as ferocious as I'd like?!? I dunno I think its his pupils and wings, because Meta is the most "scary" to me. Haha.
I wonder how's Corruption's model fairs here, Bagan. Isn't it more fitting to the current proportions of the current Ridley?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This is my preferred form too, however I have just two qualms with it. The arms, they'll need to get beefed up in certain areas. Another is I guess he's not as ferocious as I'd like?!? I dunno I think its his pupils and wings, because Meta is the most "scary" to me. Haha.
I wonder how's Corruption's model fairs here, Bagan. Isn't it more fitting to the current proportions of the current Ridley?
Yeah, Meta Ridley's face looks better.
Corruption's model is unavailable. I don't think it ever was public. But it has same proportions as SM Ridley.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
I would love to rip that guy.
I mean I know its still technically "Meta" but he looks so organic he could pass as a normal Ridley if you edited the wings.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Sorry if that sounded like a waste of time question. I just want to be sure.

I downloaded the needed file from the OP but it only came as one file.

Its PM Ridley 2.0 - The Cunning God of Death, right?
It should be PM Ridley 2.1 - Going Meta. Redownload it. Its one file because its a .rar archive.

Top Bottom