• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
It should be PM Ridley 2.1 - Going Meta. Redownload it. Its one file because its a .rar archive.
Yeah. The Mod I reflected, I already downloaded a while ago. Is PM Ridley 2.1 download in the OP or?

Ah. My bad, man. I'll go look for it. I may need more help later though. Going to try re-watching the tutorial.

Last edited:

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
This is my preferred form too, however I have just two qualms with it. The arms, they'll need to get beefed up in certain areas. Another is I guess he's not as ferocious as I'd like?!? I dunno I think its his pupils and wings, because Meta is the most "scary" to me. Haha.
I wonder how's Corruption's model fairs here, Bagan. Isn't it more fitting to the current proportions of the current Ridley?
I see where you're coming from, with the arms, they look odd and feeble. That's the thing that really bothers me at the moment if he actually does use this model and alter the proportions for a feasible alt, however, Ridley's eyes don't really bother me, they can be the vanilla eyes or the eyes that Bagan has modified to the SM Ridley/Brawley model during the earlier times of this mod's lifetime.

Example of the eyes:

The only technical problems I see Bagan having is getting this mod's current rig to work on this model due to the fact the wings have an extra finger thingy. But honestly, if Bagan is willing to do it and can do it, I wouldn't mind both the Brawl model and the Corruption model.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I see where your coming from, with the arms, they look kinda odd and feeble. That's the thing that really bothers me at the moment if he actually does use this model and alter the proportions for a feasible alt, however, Ridley's eyes don't really bother me, they can be the vanilla eyes or the eyes that Bagan has modified to the SM Ridley/Brawley model during the earlier times of this mod's lifetime.

Example of the eyes:

The only technical problems I see Bagan having is getting this mod's current rig to work on this model due to the fact the wings have an extra finger thingy. But honestly, if Bagan is willing to do it and can do it, I wouldn't mind both the Brawl model and the Corruption model.
Yeah, i can just remove last finger thingy so i won't have to do any kind of rigging magic.

KingOfTheHill

Smash Cadet
What does Ridley's side b do? I installed him and it seems to not do any damage or knockback. Is it only used for recovery?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Or simply remove the bone, actually; depending on where the bone is on the rig, it shouldn't be too bad.
Removing the bone will cause whatever verticles attached to it to simply stay in place. If i understood you correctly.
What does Ridley's side b do? I installed him and it seems to not do any damage or knockback. Is it only used for recovery?
You must use .rel file included in the pack. Otherwise, it doesn't works. And its a command grab like Flame Choke or Confuse.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Aww, I really like Ridley's older design. Still, fantastic mod! Great job.
Thanks. And in such case, you'll be interested in this:
I'm trying, Bagan. I just don't seem to understand. In a hint, is the mod simple to install or fairly difficult?
Very simple...unless you have custom build. But then you should know how to install things anyway. All that is needed is, as i said already, just inserting folders from the archive into SD card.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Very simple...unless you have custom build. But then you should know how to install things anyway. All that is needed is, as i said already, just inserting folders from the archive into SD card.
I failed to bring this up sooner. You mean these type files? Example.

FitPit.pac
FitPit05.pac
FitPit05.pac
FitPit06.pac
FitPit06.pac
FitPitMotionEtc.pac

Are these the files in Pit's folder I need to replace by deleting/placing in a separate folder in exchange for placing Ridley files there? I'm confused because my download of the Ridley mod didn't come with those type of files as they did for Pit as a example if that's what your referencing.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I failed to bring this up sooner. You mean these type files? Example.

FitPit.pac
FitPit05.pac
FitPit05.pac
FitPit06.pac
FitPit06.pac
FitPitMotionEtc.pac

Are these the files in Pit's folder I need to replace by deleting/placing in a separate folder in exchange for placing Ridley files there? I'm confused because my download of the Ridley mod didn't come with those type of files as they did for Pit as a example if that's what your referencing.
Yes. Do that. But don't forget the .rel file (it needs to be put into module folder and it has same location in both my pack and PM).

Last edited:

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Yes. Do that. But don't forget the .rel file (it needs to be put into module folder and it has same location in both my pack and PM).
But see, where is the .rel file located so I can copy it towards the module folder?

Edited. Oh! You mean this. RSBE01.gct? Please let it be true. It actually came with your Ridley mod I downloaded.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Yeah, he kinda does. But somehow looks more mechanical in 2nd fight.
Phazon makes a habit of evolving those inflicted to new dangerous levels. It probably saw Ridley's cybernetics as a way to make him physically more potent, so it pushed them out of his body more to make him harder to touch. Maybe even generating more metal, phazon can do wonders. I mean even after he was defeated he was restored to his original form. :-p

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Starscream Ridley.png

Here's a WIP preview. The head's a bit wonky, but it's the only way I could have done it without trying for a long time to make it symmetrical. May end up fixing this in the proper release (that may be included in the Extra Costumes Pack).

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
View attachment 65073
Here's a WIP preview. The head's a bit wonky, but it's the only way I could have done it without trying for a long time to make it symmetrical. May end up fixing this in the proper release (that may be included in the Extra Costumes Pack).
...what is this thing?
Phazon makes a habit of evolving those inflicted to new dangerous levels. It probably saw Ridley's cybernetics as a way to make him physically more potent, so it pushed them out of his body more to make him harder to touch. Maybe even generating more metal, phazon can do wonders. I mean even after he was defeated he was restored to his original form. :-p
Phazon isn't nanomachines and shouldn't be able to generare or bend metal like this.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
View attachment 65073
Looking at it now, I think a color palette based on Swoop (the dinobot, preferably G1 colors) would be appropriate.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Phazon isn't nanomachines and shouldn't be able to generare or bend metal like this.
Phazite skin. Phazon is a wildcard with what it can do. We mustn't forget it gave sentience to a pile of boulders, its meteor caused a world to split into two dimensions... Somehow. I dunno man, generating more metal and making it protrude on the outside seems pretty tame for this stuff haha.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Phazite skin. Phazon is a wildcard with what it can do. We mustn't forget it gave sentience to a pile of boulders, its meteor caused a world to split into two dimensions... Somehow. I dunno man, generating more metal and making it protrude on the outside seems pretty tame for this stuff haha.
Still, generating metal shouldn't be possible for phazon. Phazite, but not metal.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
If anyone is willing, some screenshots of how to install this mod would be greatly appreciate it.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Still, generating metal shouldn't be possible for phazon. Phazite, but not metal.
Eh, yeah... Speaking of which, still would've liked to have the rare Red Phazite for Omega Ridley, especially with how the blue is too common in comparison. Oh well.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
When is the PM team gonna officially addridley? Ridley would bring a lot of good attention to project m.
I think they will add Ridley at some point (it would be a very huge missed opportunity if they won't, especially after Sakurai's bulls**t excuse). Not my Ridley (this won't happen and im sure about it), but that doesn't matters.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Just a quick question Bagan. Is the classic Ridley mod going to have a similar moveset to the current 2.1 Ridley mod or are they going to be completely different?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Just a quick question Bagan. Is the classic Ridley mod going to have a similar moveset to the current 2.1 Ridley mod or are they going to be completely different?
Its going to be similar, but balanced in a bit different way since classic Ridley is overall bigger and has signifficantly shorter arms.

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
I think they will add Ridley at some point (it would be a very huge missed opportunity if they won't, especially after Sakurai's bulls**t excuse). Not my Ridley (this won't happen and im sure about it), but that doesn't matters.
Honestly, it would be stupid for them NOT to add Ridley seeing as how his inclusion would boost PM's popularity even more.

Top Bottom