• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

ShamRochi

Smash Cadet
I've been messing around with Ridley, and my oh my, he's just amazing!
I haven't encountered any bugs, and its perfect. Thank you for making this!

ShamRochi

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to add other characters to this mod? Like for example, I'm trying to find a Shadow The Hedgehod mod (if anyone can find me one I'll love you forever) and I want to know in advance.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Would you recommend requesting what I was talking about from https://www.forums.kc-mm.com/index.php ?
I doubt anyone would agree to accept requests here. Not because everyone here is just that bad, just that everyone is busy.
Is it possible to add other characters to this mod? Like for example, I'm trying to find a Shadow The Hedgehod mod (if anyone can find me one I'll love you forever) and I want to know in advance.
ADD - no. Replace - of course. Unless you can use BrawlEx, which allows characters to be added, but its rather complicated to use.

ShamRochi

Smash Cadet
I doubt anyone would agree to accept requests here. Not because everyone here is just that bad, just that everyone is busy.

ADD - no. Replace - of course. Unless you can use BrawlEx, which allows characters to be added, but its rather complicated to use.
That's what I needed to know, just not good at wording things.
I found out what I was doing wrong. I was being an idiot and tried to put a SSBB mod in a Project M mod. I thought Shadow Over Wario was a Project M mod but I guess not :/

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That's what I needed to know, just not good at wording things.
I found out what I was doing wrong. I was being an idiot and tried to put a SSBB mod in a Project M mod. I thought Shadow Over Wario was a Project M mod but I guess not :/
You still can do that in most cases. Not every mod will work perfectly, but they still work. I had that horribly looking Ridley mod for a while before deciding to make my own and the only issue with it was that his Final Smash sent him to the heavens, resulting in a very long trip back to the ground.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Understandable, especially seeing you at work.
Honestly I don't think I would, as I know no one and I think.... No I know you're the only person I trust with that.
Not saying everyone else is bad or anything like that no no!
Its just you've become my preferred modder and I don't think it'll sit well with me having someone else touching your work I guess. Makes me a bit uneasy and has me feeling guilty eheheh... And you need a break so I'll scrap the idea entirely, unless there's someone you trust who isn't busy I won't if that makes sense.
I dunno I'm an odd one, I blame it on me being an "artist".

ShamRochi

Smash Cadet
You still can do that in most cases. Not every mod will work perfectly, but they still work. I had that horribly looking Ridley mod for a while before deciding to make my own and the only issue with it was that his Final Smash sent him to the heavens, resulting in a very long trip back to the ground.
Apparently the mod works for Project M, I just can't seem to figure it out.

Shiro_Neku

Smash Cadet
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros Would you like if I make the necessary files for a BrawlEx version? It will only work with PM + BrawlEx unless Ridley works in Brawl without needing further edits.
And would you like if I make a Ridley addon for PM?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros Would you like if I make the necessary files for a BrawlEx version? It will only work with PM + BrawlEx unless Ridley works in Brawl without needing further edits.
And would you like if I make a Ridley addon for PM?
Of course. Ridley does works in Brawl with no problems as far as i know and is floaty enough to pass up as Brawl character.
...What does "addon for PM" means in this case?

Last edited:

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
So, aside from the Meta Ridley alts, this mod is now done? If so, congratulations Bagan! You did a remarkable job on making playable Ridley a reality!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So, aside from the Meta Ridley alts, this mod is now done? If so, congratulations Bagan! You did a remarkable job on making playable Ridley a reality!
Well, balancing still has room for improvement and im not done with animations yet (right now, while animations are well done and everything, they still are noticably different from other characters, but that may be because they start and end smoothly and never just suddenly change pose like in case of other characters, including Samus).

ShamRochi

Smash Cadet
You make sure the files replace all of Wario's data?
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros
Shoot your telling me you still have to change him? I'd like to think he's perfect haha.
Yeah I did. I might try out Project M 3.0 to see if it works then, but I don't want to change to 3.0 if it takes out Ridley.

Bagan is Ridley compatible with Project M 3.0?

Last edited:

ShamRochi

Smash Cadet
He should be. Im not sure since i didn't tested him. But i am sure RSBE01.gct file included IS NOT compatible with it since it has 3.5's codes used. Neither is common5.pac.
Alright, hopefully he does. I'm gonna test it out if I find a download for 3.0

ShamRochi

Smash Cadet
Bagan this mod is honestly perfect. I have absolutely no issues with this, and it includes my most wanted character in the game. No crashes, not broken, not too big, not too small, his sounds are amazing, his recolors are great, his moves are perfect, all around amazing. Even more insane is that you did this nearly on your own in a extremely short amount of time.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
When the Meta Ridley Alts are out might as well replace all the Alts that is after FitPit06 and replace them with Meta Ridley

Cpt.

Smash Lord
It's, it's beautiful. Colors are normal, Bair is weaker, no crashes so far..... get up attack is a little strong still, but hey I'm just happy to play non-crashing Ridley!!! :D

Haha 4 Ridleys just fit on pokemon stadium.

Side B is beautiful the way it is.

You can waveland from edge nicely.

UP TAUNT IS AMAZING!

@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros only real thing I've noticed is that the icon below the stocks has the wrong color. I used the Common5 and RSB from the separate download links on the first page.

Last edited:

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
The mod is just about perfect. The only thing I see that could be done is making a version that adds Ridley to normal Brawl.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I agree with pretty much everyone else in that Ridley's just about perfect. Really great job.

The only (minor) complaint I have at all concerns his lighting on stages like Battlefield and Yoshi's Island (Brawl). Are you still toying around with his rim effects or whatever substitute he has? Once that's fixed he's virtually complete, I'd say.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Small mess up on Ridley's team battle colours.
Upward Special Ledge climbing needs to come back.
The hilarious midair slow motion down special still happens.
Aside from that, perfect.

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
Wait so, I used the ISO builder to make this for Dolphin, and everything is fine aside from the fact that Ridley has Pit's Announcer and sounds. I haven't checked if he also has his result screen yet. Is this normal or did I miss something?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Wait so, I used the ISO builder to make this for Dolphin, and everything is fine aside from the fact that Ridley has Pit's Announcer and sounds. I haven't checked if he also has his result screen yet. Is this normal or did I miss something?
Having Pit's announcer is normal. To fix his sounds, you have to use this program: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27683 Its simple to use. Just open smashbros_sound.brsar from your ISO builder folder, open 10.sawnd included in the pack (projectm>pf>sfx), click insert and its done. You will need to open this program first for it to work and it must be in the same folder as super sawndz: http://www.mediafire.com/?91mbz56y15fqf45.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros only real thing I've noticed is that the icon below the stocks has the wrong color. I used the Common5 and RSB from the separate download links on the first page.
Didn't noticed this post. About that - those should no longer be used. What is included in the pack was perfectly functional and even better than what is in those separate download links since they don't mess up Dr.Mario, costume placement, extra team battle colors, etc.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So, Ridley can be perfectly used in Brawl and PM?
Well, he was made with PM in mind, but yes, he can be used in Brawl. Some things will look weird, trophy stand most likely doesn't works in Brawl with him, common5.pac and RSBE01 files can't be used in Brawl and there is no BPs name included, but moveset, model, sounds and animations work.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Oh never mind I thought you were talking about the announcer. I know how to do his cries lol, OR isn't very intimidating haha.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Well, he was made with PM in mind, but yes, he can be used in Brawl. Some things will look weird, trophy stand most likely doesn't works in Brawl with him, common5.pac and RSBE01 files can't be used in Brawl and there is no BPs name included, but moveset, model, sounds and animations work.
Oh ok that's all right

Top Bottom