• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I don't like the sound of the comments on that video. The majority of the people are already calling it off as further proving Sakurai's word without even thinking about updates.
Well duh, they have been doing that since 2007. Those are who you should ignore.
It's almost like people are allowed to have their own opinion :V

Anyways, just shoot me a PM if you ever need coding help or advice. Can't really do much when it comes to modelling anymore.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
It's almost like people are allowed to have their own opinion :V

Anyways, just shoot me a PM if you ever need coding help or advice. Can't really do much when it comes to modelling anymore.
One thing is opinion. Other thing is plain ignoring everything shown. At least there are those that aren't going "HURR DURR, TOO BIG, SAMURAI IS RIGHT, F*** OF RIDLEYF*GS".

Too bad...I need coding help though. That flight mode had animations ready and coding too, but i couldn't add it without disabling Down B or it just not working properly.

For those who are insterested, this mod is showcased on Relax Alax's stream right now: http://www.twitch.tv/relaxalax
EDIT: looks like his time is over, huh?

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
One thing is opinion. Other thing is plain ignoring everything shown. At least there are those that aren't going "HURR DURR, TOO BIG, SAMURAI IS RIGHT, F*** OF RIDLEYF*GS"
That would be unwise of you. Your goal of absolute success is to earn them over, not fight fire with fire....or plasma. You can only earn them over by taking whatever judgement, and see what you can do to turn it upside-down. "Too OP?" Listen to specific gripes so you can fix the OP parts. "Too big?" Explain to them that's what it needs to be like, and that size can very well be his downgrade as a large-framed figure with the fragility of Meleetwo :mewtwomelee:. "Changing him in whatever way so he can be playable is impossible?" ...Tell them it's just a mod, and they should therefore enjoy it as one.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That would be unwise of you. Your goal of absolute success is to earn them over, not fight fire with fire....or plasma. You can only earn them over by taking whatever judgement, and see what you can do to turn it upside-down. "Too OP?" Listen to specific gripes so you can fix the OP parts. "Too big?" Explain to them that's what it needs to be like, and that size can very well be his downgrade as a large-framed figure with the fragility of Meleetwo :mewtwomelee:. "Changing him in whatever way so he can be playable is impossible?" ...Tell them it's just a mod, and they should therefore enjoy it as one.
Im fighting fire with a fire-proof suit that has been authorized already. Im tired of explaining things already and most won't listen anyway.

Zaelkath

Smash Rookie
He's referring to people that just hate on the mod for the sake of hating on it and have no intention of even trying it.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
...thats gonna take a while then...
You don't wanna risk blowing out or being blunt to the wrong guy; for all I know, it's misunderstandings/short-tempered responses that began this huge fight in the first place. Learn to pick your fights wisely, and fight them strategically; I don't want you to end up like me, and get into every fight.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I couldn't find a nice transparent PNG of your model so i settled for that AngelGlory one. I can easily change the thumbnail if ya want.

Ridley is super fun to play. I had alot of fun with him tonight. Even got a dair to down b combo finisher XD

As for the negative comments, you gotta have a filter to see whats actually plausible and whats just nonsense Ridley fans have been dealing with for a long time. Great work again man!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You don't wanna risk blowing out or being blunt to the wrong guy; for all I know, it's misunderstandings/short-tempered responses that began this huge fight in the first place. Learn to pick your fights wisely, and fight them strategically; I don't want you to end up like me, and get into every fight.
Thats why i just ignore them - to save my already limited time.
I couldn't find a nice transparent PNG of your model so i settled for that AngelGlory one. I can easily change the thumbnail if ya want.

Ridley is super fun to play. I had alot of fun with him tonight. Even got a dair to down b combo finisher XD

As for the negative comments, you gotta have a filter to see whats actually plausible and whats just nonsense Ridley fans have been dealing with for a long time. Great work again man!
I can make one in few minutes.

I've found it out too. Works better on high %. Just DAir alone is also new Rock Smash of Boss Battles since they don't flinch.

Its rather obvious when its just nonsense.

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
This is the shizwiz. You have outdone yourself. Bravo good sir.

Only thing that bothers me right now is that his tail during his idle animation is too wavy and stuff. Kind of distracting. Maybe tone it down a little, keep it to one side or something.

Beets

Smash Apprentice
First time seeing this. Totally psyched guys! Is the front page up-to-date with the download and install instructions? Am interested in playing.

ShamRochi

Smash Cadet
Okay, I can NOT get enough of this mod. My dream character became a reality, and he's so damn fun to play as! You've outdone yourself with this mod, I can't thank you enough.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I really love this mod and with a little polish and balancing it would be amazing.

If I was to suggest some things:
-Change the animation of his down tilt so that it's a downward slash but keeps the hitboxes. This way it just looks more visually representational of a down tilt and not an up tilt.
-I would personally make his current side B a multi-directional up B with the grounded version's lag and make his current up B his side B. (kinda like Wolf's but with actual kill power)
-Make it to where only absorbable projectiles are reflected by Ridley's down B.
-Make his side special a command grab on the ground that does his forward throw as I think it's a bit much for a standard throw.
-Give him a different forward throw.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I really love this mod and with a little polish and balancing it would be amazing.

If I was to suggest some things:
-Change the animation of his down tilt so that it's a downward slash but keeps the hitboxes. This way it just looks more visually representational of a down tilt and not an up tilt.
-I would personally make his current side B a multi-directional up B with the grounded version's lag and make his current up B his side B. (kinda like Wolf's but with actual kill power)
-Make it to where only absorbable projectiles are reflected by Ridley's down B.
-Make his side special a command grab on the ground that does his forward throw as I think it's a bit much for a standard throw.
-Give him a different forward throw.
-It will become a lot less useful that way unless he will still launch opponent up for no reasons. And i don't know how it would look like.
-Thats not possible without going over the limit (if it does, then he starts freezing the game after match ends or on 2nd match).
-Not possible.
-Not possible.
-...and what it could be then? Something that doesn't looks like other throws he has.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
-Thats not possible without going over the limit (if it does, then he starts freezing the game after match ends or on 2nd match).
Usually if the files of a character go over the Ike size limit allowed by the game it'll freeze either on the css or sss. Don't remember which. Probably css. Idk what the problem you were having is about, but I'd like to compare the old versions of Ridley.

And making a command grab for the side b is possible.

Last edited:

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Usually if the files of a character go over the Ike size limit allowed by the game it'll freeze either on the css or sss. Don't remember which. Probably css. Idk what the problem you were having is about, but I'd like to compare the old versions of Ridley.

As far as I know, it's only possible if the character that's used as a base has that ability. If it were something like Lucario, then yes, Ridley could get a command grab for side b. However, since Pit is the base and he doesn't have a command grab side b, it isn't possible. At least, I assume that to be the case, I could be wrong.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

That issue always was there since Ridley showcase by Warzenschwein. It freezes after selecting stage, but only after one match with him. Or just after match ends, i don't remember since i haven't really changed much about animations since v1.5.

...Tell me more. If it is that incredibly complex (for me at least) hex and rel stuff, then i'd better not try. If it is not, then Side B will be replaced with command grab that pretty much is current FThrow and current FThrow will be replaced by...something else.
I think he means makehis Fthrow go less far
That could work...i think...But i am sure he didn't meant that since he said different FThrow and not nerf FThrow.

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
From what I know about this issue, to give a character a true command grab, you'd have to add a few functions to the character's module. It's definitely possible, but it's certainly not easy to accomplish, and often the game freezes when the special grab ends. My theory regarding the freeze is that there's a function that detaches the grabbed character from the character performing the special grab that hasn't been discovered yet.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
From what I know about this issue, to give a character a true command grab, you'd have to add a few functions to the character's module. It's definitely possible, but it's certainly not easy to accomplish, and often the game freezes when the special grab ends. My theory regarding the freeze is that there's a function that detaches the grabbed character from the character performing the special grab that hasn't been discovered yet.
And usual throw applier code doesn't helps, huh? Well, i guess we'll have to wait until a proper way of adding a command grab without freezing. Its kinda weird since even if opponent wasn't thrown during normal throws, game doesn't freezes and instead opponent gets stuck in ThrowN bone.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
About the balance issues, I'm planning on making various balance edits, with your permission of course (if you're not okay with it, then I'll leave you to it). I've also fixed a shader issue with your model (the character is either bright or dark, depending on the stage) and used the Tri stripper on it to reduce the number of polys, as your current model is too high poly for Brawl. I'll send the updated model to you on KCMM once I apply the fixes to the recolors.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
About the balance issues, I'm planning on making various balance edits, with your permission of course (if you're not okay with it, then I'll leave you to it). I've also fixed a shader issue with your model (the character is either bright or dark, depending on the stage) and used the Tri stripper on it to reduce the number of polys, as your current model is too high poly for Brawl. I'll send the updated model to you on KCMM once I apply the fixes to the recolors.
Do it if you want. And what to do with spikeless model then?

theTRUEchamp

Smash Apprentice
How do I add the codes to the GCT (Ridley has Metroid franchise icon, etc.)? Also, would someone be willing to add an announcer call if it doesn't already exist?

Top Bottom