• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Didn't noticed this post. About that - those should no longer be used. What is included in the pack was perfectly functional and even better than what is in those separate download links since they don't mess up Dr.Mario, costume placement, extra team battle colors, etc.
Oh cool. Thanks!

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I don't know if it's just me, but he feels much clunkier now. Also, not sure if it's intentional or not, but the little boosts up when he uses aerials are really annoying.

Shiro_Neku

Smash Cadet
Of course. Ridley does works in Brawl with no problems as far as i know and is floaty enough to pass up as Brawl character.
...What does "addon for PM" means in this case?
Then I'm going to send you a message to ask about some technical stuff for the BrawlEx version.
An addon for PM is a way to add new content trough the launcher, you need to have a 7z file, with the files you want to 'install', inside the addon folder in your SD and in the launcher you select it to installed it to your build, the good thing is that you can 'uninstall' it at anytime without the need to use your computer.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros can you make his Nair hit above him?
It won't make sense for it to hit above him and even if i will do that, UAir will remain a better option since its a lot faster and has no sourspots.
Then I'm going to send you a message to ask about some technical stuff for the BrawlEx version.
An addon for PM is a way to add new content trough the launcher, you need to have a 7z file, with the files you want to 'install', inside the addon folder in your SD and in the launcher you select it to installed it to your build, the good thing is that you can 'uninstall' it at anytime without the need to use your computer.
I'll say right now that i know only basic stuff about BrawlEx characters, so, i won't be able to answer on complicated questions.
Oh, thats great! Will remove any need for complex installation instructions...right?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Wait just read over.
Don't download the secondary links and only use the ones given in the rar file?
Yes. Those files are incompatible with those included in the pack and are inferiour since they have wrong costume order and mess up a lot of things related to costumes.
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros I think your signature needs to be updated.
Yeah. Its way too outdated.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
wait so wheres the download link for the latest version, with no freezing?
Same as where it was before: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207676 Link there is updated, so, latest version is here.
How did you change the names on the results screen and displays on the pkmn maps?
I used 1 code that must be added to RSBE01.gct file, but there already is such file included in the pack (in codes folder), with this code and few others that are required for such stuff to work properly.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros are you planning any other costume for Ridley (besides Meta Ridley)? Or, are you done with Ridley after Meta Ridley and all the other things you plan to do and take that break you said after you were done with this Mod.

Shiro_Neku

Smash Cadet
I'll say right now that i know only basic stuff about BrawlEx characters, so, i won't be able to answer on complicated questions.
Oh, thats great! Will remove any need for complex installation instructions...right?
The questions are about the differences of Ridley and Pit.
Yes, because it will be installed using the Project M Launcher without the need to do anything beside adding the 7z file inside the addon folder. And I was thinking in doing one addon with and another without the commo5.pac in case somebody already has edited the file, and also one addon for each soundbank.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I don't think there can be anything else done that won't feel unnecessary like Omega Ridley, Other M Ridley, etc.
I dunno, I think some might like an Omega Ridley alt. It wouldn't have to be exactly how the model is in Corruption, but giving your Meta-Ridley certain shades of blue to make him look Phazon-ish would be nice... Is up to you though.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I know its been a while, but @ WEK-Sector Pirate WEK-Sector Pirate brought up a great idea about a Melee Ridley costume based on the model used in his Melee trophy. Would that be even possible @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros ? Because it would be amazing to have that and the Meta Costume.
It is possible, but would require few noticable changes (longer arms, shorter neck, smaller head, longer tail, etc).
I dunno, I think some might like an Omega Ridley alt. It wouldn't have to be exactly how the model is in Corruption, but giving your Meta-Ridley certain shades of blue to make him look Phazon-ish would be nice... Is up to you though.
Of course, but its not must-have kind of thing like Melee/OOT Ganondorf, Meta Ridley, Armored Mewtwo, etc.
That would be a pretty cheap way of adding it though.

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
It is possible, but would require few noticable changes (longer arms, shorter neck, smaller head, longer tail, etc).

Of course, but its not must-have kind of thing like Melee/OOT Ganondorf, Meta Ridley, Armored Mewtwo, etc.
In the case of Melee Ridley, I hope you can eventually get around to it. It would be nice to have a classic costume for him too. Now, for Omega, you could just make his armor sharper and more organic looking, and the phazon aspect could be that the armor is blue and slightly transparent.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

True... By 'cheap' though, I hope you don't mean lazy, because that's basically what Omega Ridley is :p; a corrupted Meta-Ridley with more Phazon. So is preferred, not that many changes would have to be made to your Meta alt for an Omega alt to work. Maybe you could take some creative liberties and make an Omega alt not only look Phazon-y, but more black like Dark Samus or something as well.

On that note, seeing a transparent Phazon Ridley like this version of DS has always kinda been a wet dream of mine.

Not that you'd have to do something like that, but just throwing that out there.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Either way, its better to finish normal Meta Ridley alt before planning anything that far. Only after its finished anything else should be considered. Can't really do much about that though since i can't rig models even if its something like rigging completly untouched model to another model.

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Out of curiosity is it at all possible for a alt costume to don a different move than the original model?
An example being like normal Ridley has a fireball as its neutral, but selecting Meta Ridley changes it to a powerful laser that's generally the same as the fireball but a different look.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Out of curiosity is it at all possible for a alt costume to don a different move than the original model?
An example being like normal Ridley has a fireball as its neutral, but selecting Meta Ridley changes it to a powerful laser that's generally the same as the fireball but a different look.
Kinda. Only specials though since they are easier (or just possible) to edit. I'd better not use that though. Just aesthetic changes.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Kinda. Only specials though since they are easier (or just possible) to edit. I'd better not use that though. Just aesthetic changes.
Oh I'm surprised. I didn:'t even think it was possible haha.
Yeah from his transition to Meta Ridley his fire balls became lasers and he was able to drop bombs, but honestly I'd only be interested in your Meta Ridley gaining a Laser neutral. Just food for thought

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Oh I'm surprised. I didn:'t even think it was possible haha.
Yeah from his transition to Meta Ridley his fire balls became lasers and he was able to drop bombs, but honestly I'd only be interested in your Meta Ridley gaining a Laser neutral. Just food for thought
Since lasers just can't have limited range for no reasons, that won't be possible, so, it will remain broken. Just turning fireballs into laser shots won't really work well. Meta Ridley still can shoot fireballs in MP3.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Broken in the video game sense generally means too cheap, overpowered, or unbalanced. I'd love to have the metaform's plasma lasers myself, but figured it wouldn't be possible to nerf the range.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Broken in the video game sense generally means too cheap, overpowered, or unbalanced. I'd love to have the metaform's plasma lasers myself, but figured it wouldn't be possible to nerf the range.
At least not without it looking weird.
And before anyone will bring up Solar Beam - it is harder to aim with and needs to be charged first, something that couldn't be done in this case.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Aaaalllllllrightie, BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros ! It is time for my judgement, and nothing will be spared!

First off, I'm glad I haven't experienced any crashes so far with 1.77, so kudos on that. My absolute biggest complaint is that I feel his idle animation is too quick. He's gotta breathe slowly and menacingly like Bowser, and I'd personally make his head rattle in one of his other idle animations, like his roar.

Another gripe is how fast his standard jab is. I feel it needs to be slowed down a tad in order for it to feel like it has any weight to it. That, and I wish I could better space my jab combo instead of just mashing :GCA:. I'd also personally slow down one or two :GCA: attacks to give them more weight.

Now while I like his dash animation, I personally think it would be best to use it for a crawl animation. Yeah, just change his crouch position to that like in Other M, and it will look perfect! I'm not saying make his dash a gliding animation (because I can imagine how hard that must be to polish), but I would recommend a different dash animation...like DK's.

The rest are just little gripes, like a more creative final smash, angling his down arial, changing the position of his side smash to look like he's on all fours, and straightening out the beak in his Other M alt so he'll look just like Roidley. Other than that, I absolutely adore the way he plays! His little launch resistance and high arial mobility really gives the feeling of him being aerodynamic. So far, the Meta Ridley SFX is my favorite to use for him, but I personally wish there was an SFX file that combined with the others. For example, Ridley would have his brawl roar for his up taunt, his Smash 4 roar for his his down taunt, his Meta roar for his side taunt, and his Other M sounds for certain things like blast K.O.s, and dizziness.

Okay, I'm done. :T

Oh, and Meta Baganley.

Last edited:

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Aaaaaaand... Yup my neighbor is in love with your Ridley. Congrats, it takes a cold hearted murdeous space dragon to spark a light in her haha.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Welp, gonna go and watch it. Should have used different image though.
I don't like the sound of the comments on that video. The majority of the people are already calling it off as further proving Sakurai's word without even thinking about updates.

Top Bottom