• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Wish I had a working Wii right now. Will still download anyway for when I have it.

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
Is there anywhere I can go to show me remotely how to install this? I've never done this before and it's giving me a headache... Hell I'd like it if someone would just send me Project M with Ridley pre-installed. My god i just want to play this already!

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Is there anywhere I can go to show me remotely how to install this? I've never done this before and it's giving me a headache... Hell I'd like it if someone would just send me Project M with Ridley pre-installed. My god i just want to play this already!
I honestly second this. I'd recommend having a download link in the OP that is a basic Project M build with Ridley installed over Pit.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This sounds like a good idea for the uninitiated.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
I'm currently trudging through it myself, but if all works I wouldn't mind uploading the file. With that said I've used the cbliss tool and have replaced all other files necissary, now I'm just wondering where to put the CSP and Stock images. I'm assuming I'll have to use another program, but idk what that is at the moment.

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
I'm currently trudging through it myself, but if all works I wouldn't mind uploading the file. With that said I've used the cbliss tool and have replaced all other files necissary, now I'm just wondering where to put the CSP and Stock images. I'm assuming I'll have to use another program, but idk what that is at the moment.
I'm glad the problem isn't too big for you. Much appreciated.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yes, you have to use BrawlBox for that. It should be simple. No code imput is required for that.

Since my internet connection sucks and because of that it will take more than 12 hours to upload (and i don't have that much time), can someone (who understands this whole thing of course) make a build with Ridley installed? With nothing else other than what already is on Project M 3.5? I can send already modified .gct file so there won't be any problems with it and Ridley will be located with Samus and ZSS.

Last edited:

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
An easy way to change cosmetics is using the Brawl Costume Manager (link in costume guide pinned thread). It can't add new files though, so you'd have to use brawlbox to manually add them. Also, I could make a plain PM pack with Ridley in it, unless Hidan is.

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
An easy way to change cosmetics is using the Brawl Costume Manager (link in costume guide pinned thread). It can't add new files though, so you'd have to use brawlbox to manually add them. Also, I could make a plain PM pack with Ridley in it, unless Hidan is.
How about we just go with whoever uploads it first gets to be my new closest friend and ally.

SmootherDude

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jesylan
Yeah... I've never done this type of modding either... Is there any tutorial videos that can guide me to replace Pit, and how to add his move set to Ridley and other stuff like that?

Last edited:

MetaFalcario

Smash Rookie
You're doing the lord's work, man. But I have a question: Does he work over anyone but Pit so far? Because I wanted to replace Olimar for him.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
cBliss is a better option then since it can add extra costumes. There is no need for doing that though - here is link to already finished .gct file with 10 Ridley recolors, changed roster placement and all codes required: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7f1k0hd7iycive/RSBE01.gct?dl=0 It is working and im using it since December.
You're doing the lord's work, man. But I have a question: Does he work over anyone but Pit so far? Because I wanted to replace Olimar for him.
You see, Brawl modding is a b**** with its limitations. Pit has normal projectiles, multijump, glide and can reflect projectiles while Olimar or anyone else don't have those. @PyotrLuzhin is working on few ports and one of them is over Olimar, but they are not ready yet.

Last edited:

MetaFalcario

Smash Rookie
Okay, for now, Pit's gonna have to go, but thank you so much for this mod. From what I've played of Ridley so far, he's pretty awesome.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Is there any chance that this mod can be used with the hackles version of Project M? I really want to try this character mod, but I don't want to risk breaking my Wii through modding.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
cBliss is a better option then since it can add extra costumes. There is no need for doing that though - here is link to already finished .gct file with 10 Ridley recolors, changed roster placement and all codes required: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7f1k0hd7iycive/RSBE01.gct?dl=0 It is working and im using it since December.

You see, Brawl modding is a b**** with its limitations. Pit has normal projectiles, multijump, glide and can reflect projectiles while Olimar or anyone else don't have those. @PyotrLuzhin is working on few ports and one of them is over Olimar, but they are not ready yet.
I replaced the .gct with this one, but it didn't work ( I went into an actual fight as Pit, but no Ridley. )

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I replaced the .gct with this one, but it didn't work ( I went into an actual fight as Pit, but no Ridley. )
Just putting this code alone won't do much. You need to follow instructions in the readme for it to work properly.
Is there any chance that this mod can be used with the hackles version of Project M? I really want to try this character mod, but I don't want to risk breaking my Wii through modding.
I don't know. Someone must test that first.

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
I've quickly put together a plain full hackless build with Ridley, but I still have to test it and upload it to Dropbox. I'm kinda tired, so I'll upload it tomorrow if anyone wants it.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
The time has finally come... now, the moment of truth shall be revealed to me! (In a moment though, I'm finishing a couple of things first)

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I'm was one of the beta testers for this project and my Wii is completely Hack less (no Home-brew etc.).
Only thing I have on my SD card is: PM 3.5 (duh), Triforce Ganon mod, 1 Custom song and this Ridley mod and it works flawlessly!

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Yes, you have to use BrawlBox for that. It should be simple. No code imput is required for that.

Since my internet connection sucks and because of that it will take more than 12 hours to upload (and i don't have that much time), can someone (who understands this whole thing of course) make a build with Ridley installed? With nothing else other than what already is on Project M 3.5? I can send already modified .gct file so there won't be any problems with it and Ridley will be located with Samus and ZSS.
Maybe if you just uploaded your Common5pac file and the updated RSBE.gct file then just make sure they are in the proper subfolders so users can just install this to their sd card root of the default PM 3.5 build that way it should only add like 6MB to your file and then it's just a simple drag and drop installation.

Selpar

Smash Cadet
I'll take a look at it. Its gonna take a while for it to download...

Wait no more! Its already there: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207676
I have waited for this moment for so long...and now it happens...
Congrats on making Ridley he is amazing. That said I feel that he as he is currently maybe a little TOO good. His "up B" move in particular is way too good, because if used on the ground he can immediately follow up with his "down A" for a spike. The end result is Ridley turns the ledges and the surrounding area into a death trap. Here I've got a video of my test run against a level 9 Mario I showcase this pretty well in that:
Mod is a lot of fun though, thanks for your hard work.

P.S.
I left the Pit data in so I can surprise my friend when he comes over later. He loves Ridley and your mod is going to make his day. ^.^

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
I'm was one of the beta testers for this project and my Wii is completely Hack less (no Home-brew etc.).
Only thing I have on my SD card is: PM 3.5 (duh), Triforce Ganon mod, 1 Custom song and this Ridley mod and it works flawlessly!
Nice, I'm really looking forward to playing as Ridley even more now!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Maybe if you just uploaded your Common5pac file and the updated RSBE.gct file then just make sure they are in the proper subfolders so users can just install this to their sd card root of the default PM 3.5 build that way it should only add like 6MB to your file and then it's just a simple drag and drop installation.
Hm...thats a good idea. Those who will really need it probably won't have anything else installed other than just PM, so, they shouldn't be any problems with it.
Congrats on making Ridley he is amazing. That said I feel that he as he is currently maybe a little TOO good. His "up B" move in particular is way too good, because if used on the ground he can immediately follow up with his "down A" for a spike. The end result is Ridley turns the ledges and the surrounding area into a death trap. Here I've got a video of my test run against a level 9 Mario I showcase this pretty well in that:
Mod is a lot of fun though, thanks for your hard work.

P.S.
I left the Pit data in so I can surprise my friend when he comes over later. He loves Ridley and your mod is going to make his day. ^.^
Will fix that and the glide (its too fast, so, running away and recovery aren't a problem).

DylanTubularK

Smash Rookie
Hi!
I made an account to ask this (probably pretty simple) question, in BrawlBox, when viewing Pits char_bust_tex_lz77, he is missing 228-230, how can I get these in? Thank you in advance!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hi!
I made an account to ask this (probably pretty simple) question, in BrawlBox, when viewing Pits char_bust_tex_lz77, he is missing 228-230, how can I get these in? Thank you in advance!
You must import those textures into MiscData[22] located in char_bust_text_lz77 and set them as CMPR.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I love your design changes to Rids. It makes it different from the one in Subspace, and it doesn't have the disproportionate issues of the Other M's Ridley.

Would it be possible for a "classic Ridley" costume?

I've only seen that one guy's video, I haven't tried it out yet...
I still think he's too big.

I eagerly await for someone to add his own slot to the Smash Roster!

Selpar

Smash Cadet
Hm...thats a good idea. Those who will really need it probably won't have anything else installed other than just PM, so, they shouldn't be any problems with it.

Will fix that and the glide (its too fast, so, running away and recovery aren't a problem).
Cool, because I have the feeling that my friend is going to be playing Ridley a lot, and since I found that combo in like 3 minutes I could totally see it being a major headache after several rounds Ridley Vs. Ganondorf.

Pichu vs Ridley would be an epic showdown I'm going to have to install Pichu now, it's going to be great.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Got to try it out for the first time.
Feels great, just like a professionally produced character. The quality is truly unbelievable.

By the way, I'm hackless, works just fine, though obviously I can't include the CSS portrait and stuff.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Uh...
How exactly do I do that?
Right-click on MiscData[22], then click on import>texture. Then find required CSP icon and open it. Then change RGB5A3 to CMPR.
Nevermind! I got it, thank you and great work! :)
Answered anyway for those who doesn't knows how to do that.
I love your design changes to Rids. It makes it different from the one in Subspace, and it doesn't have the disproportionate issues of the Other M's Ridley.

Would it be possible for a "classic Ridley" costume?

I've only seen that one guy's video, I haven't tried it out yet...
I still think he's too big.

I eagerly await for someone to add his own slot to the Smash Roster!
Yes, but it won't be made by me.

Ok, i will prepare common5.pac file. Just to lower amount of questions how to do edit it.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I've found a rather curious glitch.
When playing on pirate ship, Ridley becomes partially transparent as the camera zooms out. The more zoomed out, the more transparent Ridley is.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
When playing on pirate ship, Ridley becomes partially transparent as the camera zooms out. The more zoomed out, the more transparent Ridley is.
I'm sure that's normal. After all, he did camouflage himself like that a few times in Super Metroid. :awesome:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So, Ridley was a ghost all of this time? Huh, never though of that.

...I didn't had this happening.

Common5 file nearly finished uploading.

Last edited:
Top Bottom