• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
-DAir is risky to use though (one improper use off-stage and Ridley will SD and if it happens in Stamina Mode Type 2-5, he will go down very fast with no way to end it by yourself, resulting in a mess) and has huge landing lag (L-cancelling results in it having average lag instead of like just 5-6 frames).
-Thats just because of something in dash's programming that is not present on Brawl characters unlike other techs that were added through codes.
-Unintentional - result of a code that allows him to lift off the ground during Up Throw.
-Mentioned in the readme, can't fix that for now.

As for that, another guy is doing it and it looks good so far. Needs better animations though. Visually, its very impressive, but it may be overpowered.

Go back to that room - he is fine.
Well maybe you're right about the d air SD, I guess my brother was a bit slow and just didn't see it coming. And oooohh I have to try it on stamina lol, it's gonna be fun. I hope you can add him dash dance though. Dash dance is cool.

Anyways, thank you so much for this mod, Bagan. It's absolutely godlike and I'm pretty sure we'll see some improvements in the future! I'm also looking forward to dem desaturated textures btw.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Grab range hitboxes sometimes don't always use the full hands actually! You could probably shave it just a smidge but otherwise I am happy to say he's pleasantly NOT broken! I think projectiles (i.e. Samus LOL this must be canon) mess with him sometimes, and spacies are a nightmare if you're not like, perfect. He's mostly good. You could probably make the grab box smaller just a LITTLE enough to still be most of his arm, obviously. His grab followups aren't incredibly diverse/ridiculous so it doesn't really need a SEVERE change. It's not bad enough to warrant an immediate change unless it comes up from more than just like, one or two people though.

For the record he's pretty fine, jesus Bair is so godlike though I love it. Getting used to playing him though, he handles quite uniquely.
It won't change it much. I will just make them fit his arms as much as possible so they won't be too big. I think characters actually have hitboxes on a fixed spot instead of a arm, but im not sure.
Well maybe you're right about the d air SD, I guess my brother was a bit slow and just didn't see it coming. And oooohh I have to try it on stamina lol, it's gonna be fun. I hope you can add him dash dance though. Dash dance is cool.

Anyways, thank you so much for this mod, Bagan. It's absolutely godlike and I'm pretty sure we'll see some improvements in the future! I'm also looking forward to dem desaturated textures btw.
Its gonna be even more fun on stamina mode 3-5 when he will fly all over the screen, with everything exploding thanks to one extra line of code.
I will add it, but i'll try to make it not too good like his moonwalk.

They will be uploaded today.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
The game crashes when I use Nes, Firebrand, and other m alts, the others work fine though.

latinking

Smash Apprentice
The game crashes when I use Nes, Firebrand, and other m alts, the others work fine though.
Mine was crashing too, but I managed to fix it by putting BaganSmashBros' common5.pac.
My suggestion is to delete whatever it is you have currently as common5.pac, and delete your current RSBE01.gtc file, and try downloading them again.

BaganSmashBros, is it normal that the announcer in the character select screen keeps saying Pit when I choose Ridley? And during the victory pose as well?
And finally, is it just me, or is some of the camera angles in Ridley's victory poses weird? They seem too zoomed in on him, as in, too close that you can't see his entire body in the shots?

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Mine was crashing too, but I managed to fix it by putting BaganSmashBros' common5.pac.
My suggestion is to delete whatever it is you have currently as common5.pac, and delete your current RSBE01.gtc file, and try downloading them again.

BaganSmashBros, is it normal that the announcer in the character select screen keeps saying Pit when I choose Ridley? And during the victory pose as well?
And finally, is it just me, or is some of the camera angles in Ridley's victory poses weird? They seem too zoomed in on him, as in, too close that you can't see his entire body in the shots?
Did that still not working.

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Going to upload a little Ridley match soon... (no Samus, sry. But it's still nice to look at)

latinking

Smash Apprentice
Strangely, ever since I downloaded the latest fix to Ridley, I can no longer shoot the straight fireball in the air anymore. I can only shoot out the one that goes down diagonally in mid air. Was it removed in the latest fix?

BLACKSasquatch

Smash Rookie
When you use the cstick while in the air it causes ridley to move forward or back in that direction, very weird.
I feel like his aerial mobility is just too high, a value between .09 and .07 would be better (between lucas and falco)

Last edited:

SatoshiKuraVII

Smash Rookie
A thing I noticed while using him for the first time!
I brought him into Special Brawl with Metal on, his metal materials seem a bit broken. Fortunately, a reapply of the Auto Metal Materials in Brawlbox (0.71, at least) fixed them right up!

I also have to say, I'm very impressed with this. The animations are great, just a few need some slowdowns here and there and they'll be golden! I absolutely -love- this Ridley mod, I can't thank you enough for making this so awesome!

Also, random screenshot I took... I never thought to see this:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Hey Bagan I went to do a Ridley vs Giga Bowser match and as soon as it loaded the game crashes do you know the problem? oh and can someone give me a file for the annoucer that says Ridley the Code does not work for me (the Super Smash Brothers Crusade Announcer)

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
A thing I noticed while using him for the first time!
I brought him into Special Brawl with Metal on, his metal materials seem a bit broken. Fortunately, a reapply of the Auto Metal Materials in Brawlbox (0.71, at least) fixed them right up!

I also have to say, I'm very impressed with this. The animations are great, just a few need some slowdowns here and there and they'll be golden! I absolutely -love- this Ridley mod, I can't thank you enough for making this so awesome!

Also, random screenshot I took... I never thought to see this:
I had report on that already. Will fix it in next update.
Hey Bagan I went to do a Ridley vs Giga Bowser match and as soon as it loaded the game crashes do you know the problem?
Unless you have something else installed other than Project M 3.5, replace RSBE01.gct file and common5.pac with files uploaded on previous page. And did you put files from Fighter folder into Pit's folder? If everything is done right, it shouldn't crash.
When you use the cstick while in the air it causes ridley to move forward or back in that direction, very weird.
I feel like his aerial mobility is just too high, a value between .09 and .07 would be better (between lucas and falco)
That won't work well since he was meant to be great in the air and reducing aerial mobility that much will certainly not help that.
Strangely, ever since I downloaded the latest fix to Ridley, I can no longer shoot the straight fireball in the air anymore. I can only shoot out the one that goes down diagonally in mid air. Was it removed in the latest fix?
No. It is still possible to use.
Yes. There is no announcer call of high quality that would fit Brawl announcer, so, i didn't added that yet. Thats why SSB Crusade announcer was used in those showcase videos.
Yeah, but i can't do anything about it. Those are not anyhow present in character's files.

Is there a way to rewatch that stream beyond 28 minutes?

purplebird

Smash Rookie
Because he will still be shielded no matter how it is tilted and it comes from the center of body, so, it will always remain in this position.
That still does not make much sense, all the other characters of the roster can angle their shield and it gives them some way to counteract being shield poked. It would seem that not enabling Ridley to tilt his shield would make him less homogeneous with the rest of the cast

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I feel miserable saying this...but I need a step-by-step tutorial. :( I got Ridley-Villain PM, RSBE01.gct, and FitPit.pac, and I'm clueless on what to do with them.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
That still does not make much sense, all the other characters of the roster can angle their shield and it gives them some way to counteract being shield poked. It would seem that not enabling Ridley to tilt his shield would make him less homogeneous with the rest of the cast
Uh...i'll try to fix that, but im not sure what exactly is used for shield tilting animation.
I feel miserable saying this...but I need a step-by-step tutorial. :( I got Ridley-Villain PM, RSBE01.gct, and FitPit.pac, and I'm clueless on what to do with them.
There are instructions on previous page on what to do with them. It soon will be on OP.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Yeah I got it all working, I recommend putting everything exactly as it should be on a sd card including all the proper subfolders so people can just drag and drop. It's a pretty messy installation as is right now but I formatted it correctly and it's only taking up 31 MB on my hard drive so it should only take a few minutes to upload all put together.
Think you could guide me step-by-step?

Also, bagan, I lack BrawlBox if it helps you help me.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Also, bagan, I lack BrawlBox if it helps you help me.
Ok, do this:
AAAAAND its done. No BrawlBox required. If you have any additional codes or cBliss installed, then it will override it though.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
. Import files from Fighter folder into Pit's folder (projectm\pf\fighter\pit)
. Import folders Info, Menu, Sound and SFX into projectm\pf
Okay, first two steps down!

When you say "import files", do you mean the "Ridley-Villain" file? Also, I wanna ask if I need to delete any of Pit's folders.

Oh, and btw, that tutorial you just gave me is perfect for the first post!

Last edited:

themaziest

Smash Cadet
I can't try Ridley right now but here is what I noticed:

- Bair, Fair and Dash Attack sound the same, it's a bit annoying to the ears, mainly because his Bair is one of his best tools. I suggest you find a deeper and lower sound for the Bair, a shorter one for the Fair and another powerful one for his arrival in a match. Even his Up-B is kind of similar soundwise.

- I feel that the Victory Music's volume is too low at the beginning. Do you need a proper one?

- It is to my opinion the best PSA ever done. Congrats.

I also think we should wait for some high play before crying for nerfs. We can't judge after two battles against computers, don't you agree?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I don't think Ridley feels even close to OP, his moves are quite slow and his ground movement speed is very bad.
He feels quite fun, which is the most important thing, even just jumping around trying him out.
His N-Air, I didn't realize how slow it comes out. I was thinking it looked like an incredibly good move but it's actually quite situational.

You have a good base here. I find his air speed hard to get used to ( I think it's because he moves so quickly despite his huge size. )
But I think he's a character that will be a ton of fun after you use him a bit, with his huge range and power.

I feel like the Up Smash may be a bit awkward though, both in animation and use ( though to be sure of the latter I'd need to use him more. )
I can't think of what else the animation could be though.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
-Offstage, DAir is dangerous to use since you can't cancel it, so, a simple air dodge or misread will result in SD.
-UAir is probably his only way of reliably KOing opponent and unlike HOO HAA, it doesn't has any reliable set ups for it. It also has low hit lag, so, opponent can react out of it faster.
-I can't reduce grab range without it looking weird. His arms are just that long.
-I already nerfed fireball since it has more range than any other single unchargable projectile and is stronger than any of them in terms of damage while having above average speed.
-Down B's super armor breaks permanently (unless healing items are used) after taking enough damage, so, he is left with a reflector, noticable speed decrease and disabled L-cancelling (making speed decrease even worse).
-Glide is going to be nerfed though since you can go from left to right without even having to land on stamina modes 2-5, which means its an infinite horizontal recovery.
-That was unintentional. But if it works...i dunno.
Yeah I think it is really easy to SD with the DAir, but also you have to remember that if they air dodge they will be dead too. I guess that is really just a stock trade which is ok.

I don't think it UAir is the only reliable way to kill opponents his Side B, DAir, BAir all seem like good kill moves too. I do need to test it more though, more was destroying my friends with it, but they didn't use it on me so I don't know more sure if up throw UAir works.

... ...

I didn't notice the super armor break either, when you say permanently you must mean that carries out through the stocks right? I do think that is pretty balanced then.

:( Glide nerf... no! Ok I mean it is really good.

Also thanks again Bagan, Ridley in PM made my year.

Zaelkath

Smash Rookie
Just made an account because I absolutely NEED this mod to work flawlessly...been waiting for Ridley for a long time.

Even though I put in your RSBE01.gct and common.pac when ever I use costumes 7 and up the game crashes when I get to the victory screen (Works fine for the match, oddly enough.)

Also, I too am having trouble performing a horizontal fireball in the air ever since the hotfix. You mentioned it still works...can you elaborate? I use to just be able to press B in the air but now he just puts his hand over his mouth like he's going to do it, but then the animation sorta resets and nothing happens.

Now that that's out of the way...This PSA is insane. It doesn't even feel like a mod...it feels like it should be official. As a long, LONG, time Metroid fan who literally raged when Sakurai announced Ridley as a stage hazard, thank you.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Sorry for asking twice but, is their a link for the Super Smash Brothers Crusade announcer anywhere it sound weird hearing the announcer say Pit but playing as Ridley

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Okay, first two steps down!

When you say "import files", do you mean the "Ridley-Villain" file? Also, I wanna ask if I need to delete any of Pit's folders.

Oh, and btw, that tutorial you just gave me is perfect for the first post!
Yes. Those from Fighter folder in that pack. Don't delete any of Pit's folders.
Just made an account because I absolutely NEED this mod to work flawlessly...been waiting for Ridley for a long time.

Even though I put in your RSBE01.gct and common.pac when ever I use costumes 7 and up the game crashes when I get to the victory screen (Works fine for the match, oddly enough.)

Also, I too am having trouble performing a horizontal fireball in the air ever since the hotfix. You mentioned it still works...can you elaborate? I use to just be able to press B in the air but now he just puts his hand over his mouth like he's going to do it, but then the animation sorta resets and nothing happens.

Now that that's out of the way...This PSA is insane. It doesn't even feel like a mod...it feels like it should be official. As a long, LONG, time Metroid fan who literally raged when Sakurai announced Ridley as a stage hazard, thank you.
Did you imported menu folder into projectm\pf? Because then it shouldn't crash at result screen. It will if there are missing CSPs for those recolors and there are none by default.
Hm...i'll test if it really is disabled for whatever reasons.
Yeah I think it is really easy to SD with the DAir, but also you have to remember that if they air dodge they will be dead too. I guess that is really just a stock trade which is ok.

I don't think it UAir is the only reliable way to kill opponents his Side B, DAir, BAir all seem like good kill moves too. I do need to test it more though, more was destroying my friends with it, but they didn't use it on me so I don't know more sure if up throw UAir works.

... ...

I didn't notice the super armor break either, when you say permanently you must mean that carries out through the stocks right? I do think that is pretty balanced then.

:( Glide nerf... no! Ok I mean it is really good.

Also thanks again Bagan, Ridley in PM made my year.
Its same as with PM Wario's DAir, except more dangerous to use.
I mean in the air. BAir still needs to be sweetspotted and Side B doesn't works like that in the air.
Super Armor breaks while his damage is high enough, but it resets once he respawns.
There have been enough complaints about that and i personally think its too good if he can glide infinitely on stamina mode type 2-5. I won't nerf it by much (only by 1/3 of current speed).
Sorry for asking twice but, is their a link for the Super Smash Brothers Crusade announcer anywhere it sound weird hearing the announcer say Pit but playing as Ridley
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=201912
You will need to import "Ridley" by yourself though. It requires sawnds and/or super sawnds (this one is a lot easier to use) to be done.
I can't try Ridley right now but here is what I noticed:

- Bair, Fair and Dash Attack sound the same, it's a bit annoying to the ears, mainly because his Bair is one of his best tools. I suggest you find a deeper and lower sound for the Bair, a shorter one for the Fair and another powerful one for his arrival in a match. Even his Up-B is kind of similar soundwise.

- I feel that the Victory Music's volume is too low at the beginning. Do you need a proper one?

- It is to my opinion the best PSA ever done. Congrats.

I also think we should wait for some high play before crying for nerfs. We can't judge after two battles against computers, don't you agree?
-I am rather limited with sounds i can use due to file size limits on sound replacements.
-Sure.
Yes, but obvious things can be fixed right now, like that glide. Seriously, someone needs to make a video of Ridley going mad with it on stamina mode 2-5.

BLACKSasquatch

Smash Rookie
The outermost hitbox on his upsmash sends opponents very far in the other direction instead of linking into the second hit, his downsmash also doesn't have a hitbox behind him.

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
So did we get a pre-installed pack yet for those of us who aren't technically inclined enough to mod?

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
I decided to test Ridley in some other modes to see if he'd crash the game, Boss Battles, Home run contest, ETC. When I used him in Subspace Emissary in PM 3.5 and he tries to go up or down a latter it crashes the game, this is the only problem I've noticed so far.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
So Many questions such little time where can i go to import "Ridley'' into the .sawnd file? *EDIT* How do you make a .BASAR file?

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I'd say some of the animations need a little bit of polish as it seems a lot of his moves look as if he gets a lot of momentum out of nowhere and he seems almost too fluid. They need more of a start up to them to make them look a little more reasonable and powerful.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
My bad; meant to say should I delete anything inside of Pit's fighter folder?

About the final step; when you say "Import folders Info, Menu, Sound and SFX into projectm\pf", you mean move them in there? I just feel like I need to double check so I can get it right the first try.

And with the Smash Crusade announcer voices: what is "sawnds?" How will I know which announcer voice is Ridley's, and where to properly import it?

Last edited:

Zaelkath

Smash Rookie
Did you imported menu folder into projectm\pf? Because then it shouldn't crash at result screen. It will if there are missing CSPs for those recolors and there are none by default.
Hm...i'll test if it really is disabled for whatever reasons.
I'm pretty sure I did...just did it again and going to test it now.

-edit- Awesome, it worked. Thanks man.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
There have been enough complaints about that and i personally think its too good if he can glide infinitely on stamina mode type 2-5. I won't nerf it by much (only by 1/3 of current speed).
I mean infinite flight is dumb of course, but should you really be nerfing it based off of no blastzone mode? Peach can infinite fall will umbrella. That being said I don't think it's a bad idea to nerf it a little in fact you probably should. I just think that is a weird reason to nerf it.

Also when the announce goes "choose your character" and you click Ridley he says "pit". Am I missing a file or has that not been made yet?

Last edited:

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice
I'd say some of the animations need a little bit of polish as it seems a lot of his moves look as if he gets a lot of momentum out of nowhere and he seems almost too fluid. They need more of a start up to them to make them look a little more reasonable and powerful.
I'm pretty sure this is just a thing that happens in videogames... especially fighting games.

Top Bottom