• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Man, just tried Ridley yesterday, and boy, he's mad fun! Amazing job with the animations and all, oh and he looks so much better in-game. This is like the best character mod i have ever tried.
It was a bad idea to play with headhones and taunting...

Now, a suggestion about a little detail, i think that Ridley shouldn't applaud at all when he looses, i don't think he's someone who would recognize his opponents victory. maybe he should be in some badass pose like Mewtwo, and not facing his adversaries, too.

And maybe a little nitpick, but it would be cool if his teeter (ledge) animation was something like this:

(current one is still great, though)

Last edited:

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
After playing for a few days, I think I'm ready to do a full list of my thoughts of every move.

Normal attacks:
-Jab: Its speed is fine, but i feel that the 3rd hit is hard to land. Maybe just try to make them connect better and it's perfect.
-F-tilt: Pretty good, needs proper spacing and ending lag is fine.
-D-tilt: Pretty good too. Good combo starter.
-U-tilt: I think this one could be buffed, i just couldn't find a use to it. Everytime I used it during a combo/string it just ruines it lol. Maybe this could be a good buff considerating all the planned nerfs so far.

Aerials:
-N-air: Awesome move with fair starting lag.
-F-air: Just as good as expected. I don't think it needs nerf becuase it's not as good as Charizard's or Mewtwo's.
-D-air: I still think it's a bit easy to land, specially when you've gotten used to play Ridley. Maybe reduce its hitbox just a tad?
-U-air: Really cool. Ridley's lvl 9 cpu has killed me with d-air to u-air quite a few times. It's also really good for combos.
-B-air: It's probably been said before but, nerf pls :v the move is just reaaally good, it makes me feel a bit cheap at times lol. I think a knockback nerf is all it needs, range is fine 'cause it needs good spacing.

Smash attacks:
-Side smash: Just like n-air, awesome move with fair starting lag and good shield breaking power, but of course pretty risky and needs good read.
-Down smash: I think it's a bit fast but it could be fair becuase it's useful to get off your opponents. Also needs good spacing.
-Up smash: First hitboxes are a bit big, but i think you said that's gonna be fixed so it's cool.

Specials:
-Neutral B: Good looking and i think the aerial version is pretty good to keep your opponents away.
-Side B: Grounded version is really dope and can be followed up at low damage. I haven't found a good use of the glide because i've never been good with gliding characters, but it's a bit fast. I say you could either make it slower or give him more landing lag.
-Down B: Air version is awesome like Bowser Bomb. Grounded version is ok but very very risky. I wouldn't mind if grounded version gets changed for something else lol.
-Up B: Awesome for follow ups, but it basically has no vertical movement for recovery.
-Final smash: Really cool looking, but maybe nerf it a bit? I hit my brother with the very last bits of it and he got almost 96% and died anyway.

I have been having so much fun playing with Ridley! You've seriously done a huge favor to the Ridley supporters and Metroid fans in general, Bagan. I'm now kinda happy that he didn't make it to Smash 4 because I'm pretty sure there's a big chance for the PMDT to add him in future releases. When they announce it officially, it's gonna be something HUGE. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
After playing for a few days, I think I'm ready to do a full list of my thoughts of every move.

Normal attacks:
-Jab: Its speed is fine, but i feel that the 3rd hit is hard to land. Maybe just try to make them connect better and it's perfect.
-U-tilt: I think this one could be buffed, i just couldn't find a use to it. Everytime I used it during a combo/string it just ruines it lol. Maybe this could be a good buff considerating all the planned nerfs so far.

Aerials:
-F-air: Just as good as expected. I don't think it needs nerf becuase it's not as good as Charizard's or Mewtwo's.
-D-air: I still think it's a bit easy to land, specially when you've gotten used to play Ridley. Maybe reduce its hitbox just a tad?
-U-air: Really cool. Ridley's lvl 9 cpu has killed me with d-air to u-air quite a few times. It's also really good for combos.
-B-air: It's probably been said before but, nerf pls :v the move is just reaaally good, it makes me feel a bit cheap at times lol. I think a knockback nerf is all it needs, range is fine 'cause it needs good spacing.

Smash attacks:
-Side smash: Just like n-air, awesome move with fair starting lag and good shield breaking power, but of course pretty risky and needs good read.
-Down smash: I think it's a bit fast but it could be fair becuase it's useful to get off your opponents. Also needs good spacing.
-Up smash: First hitboxes are a bit big, but i think you said that's gonna be fixed so it's cool.

Specials:
-Neutral B: Good looking and i think the aerial version is pretty good to keep your opponents away.
-Side B: Grounded version is really dope and can be followed up at low damage. I haven't found a good use of the glide because i've never been good with gliding characters, but it's a bit fast. I say you could either make it slower or give him more landing lag.
-Down B: Air version is awesome like Bowser Bomb. Grounded version is ok but very very risky. I wouldn't mind if grounded version gets changed for something else lol.
-Up B: Awesome for follow ups, but it basically has no vertical movement for recovery.
-Final smash: Really cool looking, but maybe nerf it a bit? I hit my brother with the very last bits of it and he got almost 96% and died anyway.

I have been having so much fun playing with Ridley! You've seriously done a huge favor to the Ridley supporters and Metroid fans in general, Bagan. I'm now kinda happy that he didn't make it to Smash 4 because I'm pretty sure there's a big chance for the PMDT to add him in future releases. When they announce it officially, it's gonna be something HUGE. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

For Ridley's Nair is it possible to hit people above you???

Cpt.

Smash Lord

Normal attacks:

Aerials:

Smash attacks:

Specials:

This is all pretty good. His glide is really good though IDK how you can't use it. You can actually go from blastzone to blastzone with it.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Open the rar file and you will see some folders and files extract those onto your SD card and you Can play pm.
I can't seem to get it to work. Is there a specific place in the SD card that it has to go into?

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
I can't seem to get it to work. Is there a specific place in the SD card that it has to go into?
No, you have an empty sd card and you open the rar file. Click on pm with ridley folder to see 3 folders and 2 files. Copy those onto the empty sd card.(since this is hackless version you need 2gb or less sd card).

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
No, you have an empty sd card and you open the rar file. Click on pm with ridley folder to see 3 folders and 2 files. Copy those onto the empty sd card.(since this is hackless version you need 2gb or less sd card).
Weird, that's exactly what I did. I don't know why it won't work.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
yes . Do you have anything else on your sd card? Also what version of brawl are you running?
The only thing that comes to mind is Pokémon Ranch, and I'm not too sure if that counts for anything. I'm running an unmodded copy of Brawl that I've had since the game first launched.

Last edited:

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
on your computer does the pokemon ranch data show up. Because if it does just move it out of the sd card

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Lemme just come in and say well done on actually finishing this mod. You went and did what people(And Sakurai)considered to be an impossible task. While it does look rough around the edges in some aspects, it's definitely well made and it shows that a character can work despite design choices.

If I had the tools to play Project M, I'd give it a shot in a heartbeat. I'm not a Metroid fan and even I wanted to see Ridley in Smash Bros. as a fighter. Excellent work!

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
on your computer does the pokemon ranch data show up. Because if it does just move it out of the sd card
I can't give a definite answer, because all the folders and files that are on it when I view it on my computer just seem like total gibberish to me. I've got folders labelled app, codes, private, projectm, and title just from opening up the wii folder. When I open the app folder, I get a folder titled RSBE, which has two more folders named al and rp; which both have a boatload of bin files in them. The codes folder has only this one file called RSBE01.gct and I have no idea what that is even for or what it does. The folder named private has a second wii folder, which has another app folder, which has another RSBE folder, which has a folder named st, which has a single bin file in it. The projectm folder should be self-explanitory and the title folder has a WBME folder, which has a file named content.bin and I am super confused by it all. Aside from that, there are a few loose files outside those folders like the boot.elf, gameconfig.txt, loc.bak, and loc.dat. That's everything that I can find on the SD card when viewing it on my computer and nothing seems to point towards pokemon ranch.

Kes

Smash Cadet
Playing with Ridley for the first time. A few of his moves seem a little crazy, but I'm sure the others who have spoken on balance in here already know more of what they're talking about than I do. He seemed huge at first, until I did a match against Bowser and realized he's fine. Would like to see skins for his classic design instead of this Other M one, but I'm sure someone else will create that if you don't.

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
I can't give a definite answer, because all the folders and files that are on it when I view it on my computer just seem like total gibberish to me. I've got folders labelled app, codes, private, projectm, and title just from opening up the wii folder. When I open the app folder, I get a folder titled RSBE, which has two more folders named al and rp; which both have a boatload of bin files in them. The codes folder has only this one file called RSBE01.gct and I have no idea what that is even for or what it does. The folder named private has a second wii folder, which has another app folder, which has another RSBE folder, which has a folder named st, which has a single bin file in it. The projectm folder should be self-explanitory and the title folder has a WBME folder, which has a file named content.bin and I am super confused by it all. Aside from that, there are a few loose files outside those folders like the boot.elf, gameconfig.txt, loc.bak, and loc.dat. That's everything that I can find on the SD card when viewing it on my computer and nothing seems to point towards pokemon ranch.
put sd card files into a folder on your computer.(for possible later use). delete every file off sd card then put files from my rar into sd card and should work after that.

bngmn

Smash Cadet
This mod is great! There should be an over powered version that is actual size
I have a suggestion, make him overpowered by holding "R" on the character select screen!

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
put sd card files into a folder on your computer.(for possible later use). delete every file off sd card then put files from my rar into sd card and should work after that.
I got it to work now. I ended up finding a blank sd card and using that one instead. Ridley is awesome in this mod! One thing I couldn't help but notice was that the damage output for his final smash goes as high (from what I've seen so far) as 253% and instantly KO's opponents. And that was from hitting them at 0% damage! WOW! That is more powerful than I ever expected Ridley to be!

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
I have a suggestion, make him overpowered by holding "R" on the character select screen!
YYEEESSS!!!! lol that would be so great!

CharizardMen99

Smash Rookie
damn it >.< if i delete all the file on the sd card i lost the modify on my wii >.<

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Bair really needs some heavy nerfs. It's fun as hell but you can just string 2 of them together to get a kill with ease, lol.

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
damn it >.< if i delete all the file on the sd card i lost the modify on my wii >.<
If your Wii is modded you can use the homebrew method and idk if it will work on pal Wii since mine is a us project m

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Well first I think Bagan is going to make this version not over powered, but hey that's still a swell idea to do after!

Top Bottom