• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
So it looks like I can't t use the nes brand and other m colors because if I win OR lose the game will freeze.
I haven't tried any of this out yet myself, but that sounds like you might be missing RSPs for those costumes, which I presume are the cBliss ones. I would make sure the Ridley/Pit RSP file has all the proper stuff in it. It can be found in pf/menu/common/char_bust_tex. Should be 220, load that up in brawlbox and make sure it's got all 10 RSPs in it. If it doesn't, then you either installed it wrong, or a proper one was not provided (as I have not yet downloaded it, I'm not sure).

latinking

Smash Apprentice
I wish it was that easy. :( It won't let me merge because those folders already exist in the pf folder. Should I instead make copies?
It's asking you if you want to replace Pit's files with Ridley's files. If that's what you want, then click yes replace the existing folders everytime your computer asks you when you are merging.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Yeah.. the Team Battle Glitch needs to be fixed
What team battle glitch? I was messing around earlier and everything seemed fine.

The only issue I know of is that the CSPs are mislabeled in the download. 222, 223, 224, and 225 should be shuffled around; move 225 to 222, then change 223 to 224 and 224 to 225.

Last edited:

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
What team battle glitch? I was messing around earlier and everything seemed fine.

The only issue I know of is that the CSPs are mislabeled in the download. 222, 223, 224, and 225 should be shuffled around; move 225 to 222, then change 223 to 224 and 224 to 225.
if you select team battle then ridley change ridley's color then press b move the cursor around the game will freeze.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058

Uh it is the same problem ggmonx is having

Rage83

Smash Ace
Download link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207676

Note: only tail blade is useful while tail itself is pretty much useless with its low knockback and damage.
Weight - 100 (same as Mario's)
Falling speed - 0.012 (a bit lower than Bowser's)
Jumps - 5 (normal jump included)
Jumps height - above average.
Air mobility - high.
Recovery - 10/10.
Attack speed - 4/10.
Attack power - 7/10.
Aerial combat - 10/10.
DAir* - Ridley's iconic pogo tail. Can't change his horizontal momentum at all after going down. Will bounce up and spike/meteor smash opponent down if hits. If misses, will get stuck in a pretty long animation that L-Cancelling won't make faster. [Done]*
[/spoiler]
I would recommend changing Ridley's Down Aerial, as it has similar problems as Meta Knight's pre 3.5 Down Aerial. Offstage, the concept of a miss meaning sure death works as a balancing tool, as well as the current pogo physics. However, onstage, the big hitbox, knockback, trajectory, and bounce all allow Ridley to near endlessly pogo enemies to their death if it so much as connects once, because they will always be left in the perfect position for another Down Aerial.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I would recommend changing Ridley's Down Aerial, as it has similar problems as Meta Knight's pre 3.5 Down Aerial. Offstage, the concept of a miss meaning sure death works as a balancing tool, as well as the current pogo physics. However, onstage, the big hitbox, knockback, trajectory, and bounce all allow Ridley to near endlessly pogo enemies to their death if it so much as connects once, because they will always be left in the perfect position for another Down Aerial.
It's really only multihits if you catch someone on a platform, otherwise could can tech it or roll away and you can usually get away after 2 on a platform.

I actually did notice a problem with it though. On dreamland and other 3 platform stages the tail can go through the top platform all the way to the bottom of the stage. That a little ridiculous. @Bagan I would recommend chaning his DAir so that it does not pierce through platforms. Effectively you can just camp up top any 3 stage platform with Ridley and attack people who can't attack you and they will only have running a way to defend themselves. If you L cancel the DAir, there is still some lag, but not enough for someone to move away from the tail and then go up to the top platform for a punish.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
There is no good Ganon model. Well, there is one that is currently unfinished, but its over Giga Bowser of all things, so...
I am clueless when it comes to models and ripping, but can't one just rip the cool Ganon model from A Link Between Worlds, and then yo and the others working on the project can just fix it up like you did with Other M Ridley?

[collapse=Link Between World Spoilers]
image.jpg

[/collapse]

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I am clueless when it comes to models and ripping, but can't one just rip the cool Ganon model from A Link Between Worlds, and then yo and the others working on the project can just fix it up like you did with Other M Ridley?

[collapse=Link Between World Spoilers]
View attachment 38334
[/collapse]
The issue is that resizing that one would look awful, since it's a 3DS model. Plus, ALBW skewed the models to create the somewhat isometric effect: http://zeldawiki.org/images/0/03/ALBW_illusion.jpg

drogoth232

Smash Lord
It probably isn't much, but I got my hands on a Beast Ganon model from Hyrule Warriors.

And I just remembered that the model got uploaded to the models resource lol

Last edited:

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros , I found a temporary workaround. If you want to play as someone other than ridley in team battle either A: press and hold b to exit menu(freeze only occurs when moving cursor), or B: keep ridley selected change game mode to free for all deselect ridley pick someone else then change it back to team battle(it should be fine as long as you do not reselect ridley).

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Don't know if that's what he's talking about, but I'd like that for myself.
Same here, especially on the hackles version of Project M. For now though, I'll just be patient and wait for any updates on it.

Kes

Smash Cadet
Here is a link to my dropbox with a .rar file that contains vanilla project m with no other addons except ridley. Just extract onto your sd card and you are good to go.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbrh1qooqyw3ach/Pm with ridley.rar?dl=0

forgot to mention that this is the hackless version of PM
Thank you. I look forward to trying out this mod when I get home. I doubt I will keep Ridley on my main build though, as I don't want to replace Pit. (maybe if I could replace ROB or a Mother character instead, or if something like PM Unbound adds him)

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Thank you. I look forward to trying out this mod when I get home. I doubt I will keep Ridley on my main build though, as I don't want to replace Pit. (maybe if I could replace ROB or a Mother character instead, or if something like PM Unbound adds him)
I believe that Bagan will make a general port version at some point that users can place over ROB, Lucas, Olimar or Toon Link. I've already made .rels for this purpose that work perfectly, but there are some External GFX and SFX issues that need to be fixed first.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
Here is a link to my dropbox with a .rar file that contains vanilla project m with no other addons except ridley. Just extract onto your sd card and you are good to go.

forgot to mention that this is the hackless version of PM
Thanks man! Although I just realized that I have absolutely no clue how to install it. I have no experience when it comes to modding games, so do you have any advice? I've already extracted the .rar file, but I don't know where to go from there.

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
For the next update, could you condense Ridley's overall (CSPs,BP,pac,ect.) filesize a bit?
I can't change any CSPs because his filesize is...*ahem*... too big

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
This is great. I love the moves you given him! He combos really well, and hes not too big :p Also, is it supposed to say Pit when he wins or is selected on the CSS?

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
Thanks man! Although I just realized that I have absolutely no clue how to install it. I have no experience when it comes to modding games, so do you have any advice? I've already extracted the .rar file, but I don't know where to go from there.

Open the rar file and you will see some folders and files extract those onto your SD card and you Can play pm.

Last edited:

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
metal box has weird particle effect when paused.

the taunts shake the screen... epic but not something any other player can do.

this is awesome, but more of a boss fighter then a tournament playable character if thats what you're aiming for.

but if regular bowser can be played legally then so can regular ridley- remember how small he was in the first game!

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
afaik he JUST released the first version, I`m sure everyone can play this with the devnfriends look for ways to make a better ridley in the coming months

enjoy what`s already been achived

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Downloaded this Ridley mod last night, and it is really impressive. I look forward to your future projects!

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
After about 2 days of playing this mod I have a few suggestions:
-rework the shader, when it doesn't look like Rid took an bath in wax,he is changing colors and looking like you set the brightness too high on your screen
-TONE DOWN THAT BAIR ,good lord! this is one of the strongest moves I have ever seen! Ridiculous knock-back, stupidly huge
range, and little lag.
-either have the dair pass through people or give it more lag and less range,from what I can tell it can hit people from the side
-the up taunt that shakes the screen is a bit disorientating,tone that down please.
-the down taunt's start up sound is really weird, sounding like a second-long clip repeated 5 times then roaring
-compress the CSPs better,adding any other CSP crashes the game
-flatten the sides of the head a bit, I know it's the Other M design, but wide chars look weird in smash
-maybe shorten the arms,seems kinda odd that Ridley can touch his toes with out stretching his arms
-shorted the tail tip (for aesthetic and game play) ,not only is it too easy to land a sweet spot but makes Ridley look a lot bigger than he is
-fix up the ledge,crouching,and laying on the ground animations,they look choppy and don't loop well
-give us the desatuared and spike-less versions you said you would include,I personally hate those spikes
-maybe ask nanobuds or someone like that to help/give advice with Meta Ridley (I myself already asked for Classic Rid on nanobud's forum)

Overall a great release! just needs some tweaking though.
Oh,and these pics I took: http://postimg.org/image/9oyi7exr5/7f131f63/ http://postimg.org/image/6qqdo70f9/647300a7/ http://postimg.org/image/ax2hpel0t/3ef16693/ http://postimg.org/image/rzh8yluiv/a46637bf/ http://postimg.org/image/7drvtuw11/ded6ab5f/

Top Bottom