• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
It sounds like many people are having trouble with CBliss and Project M, so later tonight I'll throw together a quick Gecko code fix that will open up costume slots for Ridley without the use of CBliss.

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
I get a freeze when I try to select Toon Link's alternate costumes :( I don't know if it has something to be with the fact that I added the codes by my own, instead of using the .gct file Bagan provided.

EDIT: Can confirm that it may some issue with the files. I switched to vPM .gct and an untouched common5.pac file and still got the freeze.

Also, I made an announcer call for Ridley using various existing calls. It's not thaaat good, but I think it's tolerable lol. At least the quality is just as good as any other character call and doesn't sound out of place (except for the editing lol). So if you'd like to hear some consistency with the announcer, go ahead:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a4y5fu7u7thxtwn/R-I-DL-EYYY_announcer_call.rar

I included the .wav file in case you'd like to hear it before installing it.

Last edited:

Insanity's Bane

Smash Rookie
So Mr. Game & Watch's new palettes from 3.5 aren't there anymore, for me at least. Like, at all. I miss my pink G&W.
Also, when Ridley gets frozen in ice by say Samus's ice F-Smash, his model doesn't inside the ice. I guess he's just too big.
Ghehe...

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
So Mr. Game & Watch's new palettes from 3.5 aren't there anymore, for me at least. Like, at all. I miss my pink G&W.
Also, when Ridley gets frozen in ice by say Samus's ice F-Smash, his model doesn't inside the ice. I guess he's just too big.
Ghehe...
Ok, this is definitely a CBliss issue. Once I'm done writing this essay, I'll create a fixed .gct

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
I get a freeze when I try to select Toon Link's alternate costumes :( I don't know if it has something to be with the fact that I added the codes by my own, instead of using the .gct file Bagan provided.

EDIT: Can confirm that it may some issue with the files. I switched to vPM .gct and an untouched common5.pac file and still got the freeze.

Also, I made an announcer call for Ridley using various existing calls. It's not thaaat good, but I think it's tolerable lol. At least the quality is just as good as any other character call and doesn't sound out of place (except for the editing lol). So if you'd like to hear some consistency with the announcer, go ahead:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a4y5fu7u7thxtwn/R-I-DL-EYYY_announcer_call.rar

thanks man ill be sure to try it.

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman

Well, this is very interesting... Perhaps it's a CSP issue? If you haven't done so already, open up the CSP .pngs in GIMP and change the color mode to "indexed." Select a value around 192-200, and then when you replace the CSPs in common5.pac, ensure that the compression mode is set to "CMPR," just to be safe. I'll try this myself soon.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so I didn't have any problems at all with team battle or other characters' alts while using these codes:

044555D0 805863C4
065863C4 00000018
09000204 00010302
01030805 0A060B07
05080609 0C000000

Using your favorite hex editor or GCT editor, add the above codes to a clean Project M 3.5 .gct, in addition to the other codes included with Ridley in the .txt file. Also, I made sure that all of my CSPs were formatted as CMPR to save space.

EDIT: To clarify, this code unlocks Ridley's extra costumes without the use of CBliss, which I suspect may have caused some of the glitches that people were experiencing.

Last edited:

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
Okay, so I didn't have any problems at all with team battle or other characters' alts while using these codes:

044555D0 805863C4
065863C4 00000018
09000204 00010302
01030805 0A060B07
05080609 0C000000

Using your favorite hex editor or GCT editor, add the above codes to a clean Project M 3.5 .gct, in addition to the other codes included with Ridley in the .txt file. Also, I made sure that all of my CSPs were formatted as CMPR to save space.

EDIT: To clarify, this code unlocks Ridley's extra costumes without the use of CBliss, which I suspect may have caused some of the glitches that people were experiencing.
can you post an updated gct file?

I will try to fix my uploaded rar file with this code once i get it working.

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
can you post an updated gct file?

I will try to fix my uploaded rar file with this code once i get it working.
If you or anyone could send me a fresh project M 3.5 .gct, that would be phenomenal. I can't seem to download one from the PM website.

Last edited:

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
May I make a suggestion?

I think perhaps his Down Tilt should be the ground digging tail attack. Where he stabs his tail towards the ground, and it pops up in front of him.

And the announcer's voice. I may suggest using the announcer's voice from Sm4sh 50 fact video, where he screams "Meta Ridley!".

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
May I make a suggestion?

I think perhaps his Down Tilt should be the ground digging tail attack. Where he stabs his tail towards the ground, and it pops up in front of him.

And the announcer's voice. I may suggest using the announcer's voice from Sm4sh 50 fact video, where he screams "Meta Ridley!".
That sounds like it could work, although it might be tricky for them to remove the background music that's playing in that clip from the 50-fact video.

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
with @ PyotrLuzhin PyotrLuzhin 's code most of the bugs are fixed. only problem is now ridley isnt next to rest of metrtoid characters(dont have a code for that) and some costumes are misordered.(fixing that today(for rar file)).

Last edited:

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice
No, I just don't see it getting much use and I think he would be better off with something else

I know what it does, I'm just wondering how useful it actually is
It has it's uses, it's a reflector, and Ridley get screwed by projectiles. Some people think its slowdown nerfs outweigh the buffs, but I think it's pretty balanced.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
with @ PyotrLuzhin PyotrLuzhin 's code most of the bugs are fixed. only problem is now ridley isnt next to rest of metrtoid characters(dont have a code for that) and some costumes are misordered.(fixing that today(for rar file)).
Sure, I'll fix that stuff up later today. I've never used CBliss, so I don't know what the proper ordering should be for ridley, though.

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
Sure, I'll fix that stuff up later today. I've never used CBliss, so I don't know what the proper ordering should be for ridley, though.
I am reordering his costumes myself since it is a case of reordering file names

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
Well, this is very interesting... Perhaps it's a CSP issue? If you haven't done so already, open up the CSP .pngs in GIMP and change the color mode to "indexed." Select a value around 192-200, and then when you replace the CSPs in common5.pac, ensure that the compression mode is set to "CMPR," just to be safe. I'll try this myself soon.
Nope. I said mentioned in the edit, I'm switched to the default common5.pac because I did think about what you say. But no, freeze still happens even when I haven't changed any CSP :/ Anyways, I'll try the codes you added and see how it goes.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
So this one doesn't add more costumes then?
No, it does... I created this .gct to add more costumes without using CBliss. There are always alternatives to tools like BrawlEX and CBliss, and often the alternatives become the only options when dealing with P:M.

Also, @ ??Sanic Hedgehog?? ??Sanic Hedgehog?? , make sure that you download the .gct from my earlier post, since it contains the Ridley cosmetic codes.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
No, it does... I created this .gct to add more costumes without using CBliss. There are always alternatives to tools like BrawlEX and CBliss, and often the alternatives become the only options when dealing with P:M.

Also, @ ??Sanic Hedgehog?? ??Sanic Hedgehog?? , make sure that you download the .gct from my earlier post, since it contains the Ridley cosmetic codes.[/quote Yeah I know

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395

Also, @ ??Sanic Hedgehog?? ??Sanic Hedgehog?? , make sure that you download the .gct from my earlier post, since it contains the Ridley cosmetic codes.
Oh alright. I asked because I only have 7 costumes for Ridley. Anyways, thank you for the file man! I'll just add the other costumes so it can be complete.

Kaios0

Smash Rookie
Will there be a way to have Other M, Brawl, and Meta Ridley as alternate costumes? I have no issue with the Other M model, but I love the Brawl version.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
So for some reason every time I try to play it just goes back to the Wii home menu.

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
uploading new pm rar file with ridley installed with @ PyotrLuzhin PyotrLuzhin 's codes(they fixed all freezes on the css) and fixed files(with his codes four costumes were messed up and so i reordered them.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom