• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MT_

Smash Ace
Attention student leaders!

The deadline for Spring 2011 Re-registration has passed. Because your organization, Smash Club, either failed to re-register online and/or failed to pay any outstanding bar your organization is now INACTIVE. We encourage you to complete the re-registration process as soon as possible. Instructions for re-registration are listed below. Additionally, it is important to note that the deadline to move registered student organization monies from the Student Organization Bank has passed. Please immediately contact Stephanie Locklear at 512-232-2835 or stephanie.locklear@mail.utexas.edu to facilitate this process. Please note that registered student organizations who do not move their money from the Student Organization Bank may lose their funds in accordance with the "Closing of Inactive or Inoperative Accounts" policy.

Sponsored Student Organizations (http://deanofstudents.utexas.edu/sald/studentorgs/sponsored.php) have a deadline of December 23, 2010, to move their monies from the Student Organization Bank to a UT Austin account. Any questions regarding this process may be directed to the Office of Accounting.

*If you feel you have completed all of the necessary steps and are receiving this message in error, please contact the Student Organization Center at 512-471-3065.

*Please note: There is NO $10 fee collected during Spring 2011 Re-registration.

Follow these instructions to re-register your organization.

· Go to your organization's page on SALD's Registered Student Organization database, http://deanofstudents.utexas.edu/sald/studentorgs/vieworgs.php.

· Click on "Online Organization Registration" under your registered student organization's name.

· Log in using your UTEID. Please remember that only currently listed authorized representatives can re-register.

· Please communicate with your organization which authorized representative will facilitate the re-registration process in order to eliminate duplicate entries.

· Complete all fields.

· Attention: Organizations with BARS cannot complete the re-registration process until the BAR has been resolved or paid.

· Note, approval is not automatic upon submission. Your registered student organization will be re-registered once the organization is officially approved by SALD staff.

*If you have any questions regarding re-registration please contact the Student Organization Center staff at 512-471-3065.
We fail. Lol

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Hey everybody. I'll soon be updating my city to Austin. I'll be moving up Sunday or Monday after the final San Antonio Ranbat on Saturday.

It may be temporary, depending on if I can get a job to support myself there. But at the very least, I'll be there for New Year's.

So if anyone is looking for a roommate or can help me with a good job (I'm applying furiously, so far I have a temp job at the mall lined up), post or PM me.

Let's have a freaking melee fest, my fingers long for a real smash game.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
what are the circumstances of you coming to austin? I'd like to see how I could help kyle!
I've been wanting to get out of San Antonio for ages. It was either Austin or Dallas, but I secretly wanted Austin more so I could stay closer to home should I feel homesick. Plus I get closer to Dallas, so it's win all around.

My friend is letting me stay in her apartment while she's on vacation, so it gives me time to do a job search and settle in risk free.

Funontherun101

Smash Rookie
Hey does anyone at UT wanna set up a N64 version of smash and play someday?

Also, I'm new here, is there something like this already around that I'm not aware of?

reqy

Smash Journeyman
If you PM me your number I can set you up with Spike. He lives on campus and only plays that game nowadays.

Kal

Smash Champion
Hey everybody, I want to host a smash fest or tournament soon. Would people prefer Saturday the 11th or Saturday the 18th? Would people prefer it to be a tournament or just a smash fest?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Hey everybody, I want to host a smash fest or tournament soon. Would people prefer Saturday the 11th or Saturday the 18th? Would people prefer it to be a tournament or just a smash fest?
I'm free all week, and currently in Austin now. And something like a 1-5 dollar tournament would be cool.

You should have my number, feel free to txt or call me. I'm just sitting around in my apartment.

MT_

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be able to make it; I'll be in Houston.

Save your tears, there's always next semester.

El Queso Grande

Smash Rookie
Sweet. =] The 11th or 18th both work for me Kal; as for tourney vs. smash fest, I feel like alota people would want a tourney. Personally I like fests more though heh, since friendlies are a good way of improving skill.

Kal

Smash Champion
All right, I think I'll do the following:

Saturday, December 11th, I will have a smash fest at my place. Doors open at noon. I won't officially be running a tournament, but if there is demand for it when people show up, we can have one.

Saturday, December 18th, I will host a tournament. Doors open at noon, tournament starts at 2:00. Either $5 or $1 tourney fee, depending on what there is the most demand for (meaning people should post their preference soon so I can make it "official").

My address is 12610 Riata Trace pkwy, Austin, TX 78727. The apartment is named "Mylesmark at Riata" and the gate code is 0059. If you could RSVP if you're coming, that would be preferred.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
All right, I think I'll do the following:

Saturday, December 11th, I will have a smash fest at my place. Doors open at noon. I won't officially be running a tournament, but if there is demand for it when people show up, we can have one.

Saturday, December 18th, I will host a tournament. Doors open at noon, tournament starts at 2:00. Either $5 or $1 tourney fee, depending on what there is the most demand for (meaning people should post their preference soon so I can make it "official").

My address is 12610 Riata Trace pkwy, Austin, TX 78727. The apartment is named "Mylesmark at Riata" and the gate code is 0059. If you could RSVP if you're coming, that would be preferred.
Cool, I'm down. If anything is happening in the middle of the week let me know. I actually don't live very far from you at all Kal, I live a little south in the Domain.

Kal

Smash Champion
Could someone bring a Gamecube? I only have one. I also need a power strip.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
does anybody want to play today around 6ish?
I need to combo out some frustrations because I wrote a matrix wrong and realized it right after I left the testing room. fml

xyos

Smash Rookie
Are these events (like Kal's tourney this Saturday) open to outsiders? I go to school out of state and play melee semicompetitively with people there, but now that I'm home there's no one to play with. I have a gamecube and a copy of melee if that helps.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
Are these events (like Kal's tourney this Saturday) open to outsiders? I go to school out of state and play melee semicompetitively with people there, but now that I'm home there's no one to play with. I have a gamecube and a copy of melee if that helps.
they most definitely are. most events go unadvertised everywhere else since we don't actually expect people to be attracted to melee because of brawl. I think I can speak for most when I say that we all want new competition, and that we all wish the melee scene livelier.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Totally won't be able to make it to Kal's tomorrow, completely booked the whole day. Nissan event, Arcade UFO, and picking up a friend from the airport to go to 6th street. If there were more hours in the day, I would cram in a melee tournament but there's just no way

Top Bottom