• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jake13

Smash Lord
Yo guys I dont know if you saw (or how far away dallas is from austin) but their is going to be a fairly sizable tourney on Monday December 27th.

Hoping to see some austin melee up there, can ya digg it?

Id link to the thread but I'm on my phone. Fail

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
so when are we having a smashfest at my house??

i'm only an hour away and i can get any day off work if i know before the week starts.
i think i have this saturday off which i think is the 1st.

i have no transportation and i was really crying in my head about how sloppy my tech skill and spacing were when i played some of you guys last time.

i really wanna play and you guys who met me know i'm the coolest dude alive so let's make it happen!

/wishful thinking

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
WOW i clicked that link and saw that you guys would have to pass right through me to get to dallas.
i've got a billion dollars in gas money and i might be able to call off that day of work if you guys are super cool. hehe

if you can't tell, i'm desperate right now. lol

MT_

Smash Ace
Kenny you're going to have to ask any of the actual Austin people. The people I know that are going to Dallas are all actually Houston people who just go to school in Austin.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
thanks anyway. i know houston doesn't really go through killeen... lol oh well.

if anyone from austin is going to this and is able and willing to give me a ride for gas money (i just got paid hehe), then call or text me anytime before tomorrow night. (254)245-7556

i work like 12 hours tomorrow, so i can't check the boards, but i can answer my phone.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Hey guys, just a reminder that Ikkicon is coming up this weekend, and since the UT smash club is sponsoring,

I'll let you in the game room for free without a badge, so long as you can provide a setup. But if you want to go elsewhere in the con, you will need a badge.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I was going to ikkicon for completely other reasons, but what are you doing there? also, what is the UT smash club doing there?
I'm the game room director. I'm having trouble coming up with CRTs, so I really need help with Brawl and Melee setups.

I'll let you guys game in the game room for free in exchange for setups. And yes, one setup can count for 2 people.

I'm basically giving you guys a free awesome place to have a tournament. The room is HUGE.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
I could get two tv's, two consoles, but only one melee. However, I don't have transportation for these.
as far as I know, there has been no advertising for this tourney. at these conventions, do people sign up for tourneys just like that? how would anybody go about running a tournament?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I could get two tv's, two consoles, but only one melee. However, I don't have transportation for these.
as far as I know, there has been no advertising for this tourney. at these conventions, do people sign up for tourneys just like that? how would anybody go about running a tournament?
It's for the attendees.

And it's easy to get to, it's on 4th street. Try talking to Edgar about getting picked up, or anyone else that lives near downtown.

I was hoping to gather these TVs by Thursday at the hotel.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
hahaha, them peoples are at home.
I'd love to run a random tournament for explanation's sake, though.
medium items, random stages, plus rules I'd make up as I go along. let's go!

I don't know who's currently in austin, but I think most players are home (not austin).

Kal

Smash Champion
Hey Kyle, can you post the tournament specifics? When will it start?

El Queso Grande

Smash Rookie
Heh actually, I'm gonna be volunteering at Ikkicon so I can get a membership badge. I figure it beats paying $40 for one. ^_^'

Anyway, I may be able to help get it set up; never done this kinda thing before though.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Here's the details for the Ikkicon Tournament. Kal, can you update the first post with this?

The Hilton Austin
500 East 4th Street
Austin, TX 78701

The Console Gaming room will be on the 6th floor. There are elevators and dolleys for anyone bringing large TVs.

Badges:

You can go to the website to view the normal rates, OR you can do the smart thing and bring a setup (TV or wii/game or both). Then you just need to register as a volunteer, which scores you a free badge. This will have to be on site most likely, since Ikkicon is this weekend.

Brawl Singles at 6 pm on Friday ($5 per person, top 3 payout and a free game for 1st place)
Brawl 2v2 at 7 pm on Saturday ($10 per team, top 3 payout)

I don't know when you guys wanted to do Melee, but we could do both singles and teams on both days and at the same prices as Brawl. I would really appreciate someone bringing a laptop to keep the bracket on (Don't worry, I can provide Tio for anyone who needs it).

Most con information can be found here:

www.ikkicon.com

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
in your experience, would the number of people at the convention be significantly lower on sunday? I feel like that's the only day that I'd be willing to host a tourney, but I don't know if there will be people interested.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
in your experience, would the number of people at the convention be significantly lower on sunday? I feel like that's the only day that I'd be willing to host a tourney, but I don't know if there will be people interested.
Sundays are the dead days where I don't plan any tournaments. We're closing around anyways.

The game room generally gets more crowded later in the day. That's why I have the tournaments planned for starting in the evening.

I can run Brawl and Melee at the same time, I will have a lot of staff members to run things.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
If ANYBODY can bring TVs in today to Ikkicon, for use in our gameroom. I prI really want to set up more games, tonight. I probably can't give you a full badge, but you can play as much as you want in the game room at no charge.

Kal

Smash Champion
Hey noobs, smash fest at my place Saturday. Doors open at noon as usual. Hopefully people will actually show up by noon and not just wait till 4:00.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
did you guys know you could tech on the regenerative floor portion on brinstar after being hit by the lava? i think it has to be separated though.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
someone should come smash at my house.

i'll buy you pizza!!!!

so... desperate...

Kal

Smash Champion
Reqy is over and we're smashing. Does anyone want to come smash with us? Giggidy.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'll mm anyone $10. just come over. lol if i win, you don't have to pay... -_-

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
killeen is garbage. lol

i don't have transportation. i guess i could just ride the flying nimbus.

Top Bottom