• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
What about me??? We're not going to have one of those joyfully reunited moments, running towards each other in slow motion on a sandy beach or field of flowers??

Kal

Smash Champion
Ok everyone, to reiterate, smash at my place Saturday. Doors open at noon, tournament starts at 4:00. We'll agree to the rules when everyone gets here. I have three CRT televisions, one Gamecube and one Wii, so if anyone wants to bring a TV or Gamecube, they're welcome. Especially a Gamecube, since my Wii is a hassle to set up.

Also, I have two HDTVs, one of which has no sound, in case anyone wants to bring an Xbox 360 and a copy of Halo Reach for some system link or something.

My address is 12610 Riata Trace pkwy apt # 1033, Austin, TX 78727
gate code is 0059

Hope to have a fun Saturday! I might invest in some beers if people like the idea.

El Queso Grande

Smash Rookie
I'm down for coming on Saturday; I'd definitely like to play some Reach also. I can bring my 360 and/or the game disc if enough people are interested. Oh yeah, and my GC controllar of course. xD

Kal

Smash Champion
Dear Edgar,

I wrote a program in python to solve Euler 54. It worked and I didn't need your help. **** you.

Sincerely,

Kal

P.S., **** you.

Kal

Smash Champion
Everybody who's coming tomorrow, please bring cash if you plan on eating. We'll order pizza later in the day, and I'm expecting everyone who wants to eat to pay their share. It shouldn't be more than $10, but I'm expecting more around $5 per person for a large amount of pizza.

I will go out and make change for the tournament, but try and bring a $5 bill (or better yet 5 $1 bills) if you can.

Kal

Smash Champion
In my defense, I have no formal programming training. Unless Edgar is considered so good that any explanation he gives is formal.

Also, **** all of you.

Kal

Smash Champion
Also, Sharif, if you're going to bring your 360 could you also bring an extra controller? Oh, and you don't happen to have Halo Wars do you?

Kal

Smash Champion
I hope everybody had a good time yesterday. I'll try and host another tournament soon. Results:

1st: Xelic
2nd: Domino's pizza

Now for the cleanup qq.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Indeed. It was very enjoyable. Xelic is even more godlike than the last time I played him... Xelic, come back to us!! <3

Kal

Smash Champion
Anyone have opinions or suggestions on how things were set up? Should I do things differently next time?

Kal

Smash Champion
Actually nevermind. Maybe the weekend after Thanksgiving I'll host something.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
I wish I was there to comment that everything was absolutely, completely, perfectly fine.
But, hey matty, given that kal is busy this weekend, do you want to play video games?

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
I suppose we should for once try to hold a meeting.
If we had more feedback from people such as yourself, perhaps we'd have more incentive to hold a meeting. Incessant *****ing does work, you guys.
I apologize about my inability as the UT Smash Club's Imperial Intern.

MT_

Smash Ace
I apologize as my inability as UT Smash Club's Grand Moff.

Maybe we can get something off the ground starting spring semester. I doubt any of the officers have time to plan things while finals are coming up and we actually have to like, do school things and stuff.

Top Bottom