• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MT_

Smash Ace
I'd be down to play Sunday. I'm sure a few others would be too. Tirno? Kal? We could probably hold some sort of smashfest if either Tirno or Kal are willing to host. Lately it seems Kal has been really busy with school and stuff so TIRNO???

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
EDGAR'S!!

That way I don't have to move my car out of its nice spot I saved, in my 40 resident apartment complex who some idiot decided should only have 10 parking spaces.

Kal

Smash Champion
I might be able to host something next Saturday. Edgar's place is more convenient, but mine is better.

MT_

Smash Ace
Kal you realize that LumpyCPU said he could be free Sunday, not Saturday.

Unless he says otherwise, shouldn't we assume that he can't play on Saturday and so then host something on Sunday (considering that the point of us hosting something is so we could play with LumpyCPU)?

Shiameyo

Smash Rookie
I wanna play :( ;; Tests are really screwing me over though. If anyone wants to play during the week (wednesday-friday), let me know; That way i won't feel like I'm screwing myself as much.

Kal

Smash Champion
I would be wiling to play on a Sunday. I only recommended Saturday due to convenience (I have to wake up at 5:00 AM every day except Sunday). I did not know we were setting up this smash fest in order to meet someone.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
ooooh, more than one person?? SWEET

i'm still not 100% sure yet that i can get there, but i'll post as soon as i am.

EDIT: i have the car for sunday. now it's just a matter of gas money. i've got ten bucks and if the only other smasher in my town wants to come and pitch in for gas, we're golden.

MT_

Smash Ace
OK Kal or Tirno just set it up and we'll be thereeeeeee.

Well, I have to be on campus at 7:30pm but depending on how late we plan to play I'll be back later that night.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
what time would be good for sunday?

it looks like i'm bringing two people (which is good for variety and gas money) but i'm sure they have to be back by a certain time because of school the next day. what hours are we lookin' at here? prolly take me like an hour to get there.

yayuhzz i actually get to play people.

p.s. where is this going to be?

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
This is probably going to be held at my place, or possibly Kal's. We both have 2 CRTs, I think, so if you bring a TV, there will be 3 CRTs. Of course, others could bring TVs as well.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well turns out my car has 2-4 people and 1 tv/cube.
i was thinking i could leave here around 11am and leave there around 9pm.

can i get an address to google? i don't wanna just guess how to get there.
maybe someone's cell phone number incase we get lost in the area... idk.

yes, mikey. they will be dissappointed.
plus i'm still rusty, so i'm gonna be doing a lot of "OH YEAH, that's how i'm supposed to time that."

Kal

Smash Champion
So I guess the part where I mentioned hosting it next week went over everyone's head. I can't make it this weekend. =/

I'll host a tournament next Saturday, though. We'll start at 4:00 PM. I'll make a formal announcement later this weekend.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Awww, I was really hoping to make it to one last smash fest before I leave. I'm going to Brazil for a few years and I'm leaving Wednesday, and I can't go to the one on Sunday.

Oh well. Goodbye, UT Smash Club. It was fun.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm gonna drive around austin bumping dreamland music until someone flags us down.

chaoscontrolASH

Smash Rookie
Awww, I was really hoping to make it to one last smash fest before I leave. I'm going to Brazil for a few years and I'm leaving Wednesday, and I can't go to the one on Sunday.

Oh well. Goodbye, UT Smash Club. It was fun.
can't say good-bye to something that was non-existent this year lol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
what time should we aim to arrive?

we're prolly gonna leave here around 11am if nobody says otherwise by morning.
lol i hope that's ok.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
awesome. i'm genuinely excited to play melee.

it'll prolly take about an hour to get there.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
gonna pick people up and head over there now.

double post because i don't give a fuggin' sheet.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
thanks for having us over, guys.

i think this is the part where i start talking about how much better i should've done all day.
i'll just skip it for now... or will i?

Kal

Smash Champion
Ok everyone, tourney at my place Saturday. Doors open at noon or some ****. Tourney starts at 4:00. No QQing, Xelic can't play unless it starts at 4:00. Plus I want to keep it a local tournament.

Hopefully Reqy comes and I can ignore all of you for Halo and Perfect Dark. <3

Top Bottom