• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
When is a good time to show up if we're not bringing a setup? I'd like to get there after people have brought stuff if possible.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
I don't know when people are gonna show up to be honest.

I'd just like to say, though, that it's hard to have an attendance when nobody wants to attend unless there's someone else already here. your own presence entices other players to arrive earlier.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I'll be there, I just don't want to have to be playing on a laggy TV. :p

Tell people their incentive for showing up and bringing setups is my being there. :chuckle: *flexes ego*

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I guess I can bring my disk, but I don't want to bring a TV. As long as there's one good setup then I guess I'm fine. It really just matters if a lot of people show up, but it would be nice if someone else can supply a setup. I'll be there around halftime unless the Longhorns are just getting killed, then I'll be there earlier.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
Random Everything Round Robin With Items results

Results I kinda remembered since I didn't save the file. if there's any inconsistencies please let me know.

Even though Matt won by wins and losses, all three of us wanted to have a three-way free-for-all for the last slice of pizza.

game 1 went to jf - (jf) (mt) (ojichan) pikachu luigi ylink on big blue
game 2 went to mt - ganon link peach on rainbow cruise
game 3 went to ojichan - mario pichu donkey kong on mushroom kingdom 2
game 4 went to ojichan - falco ness dr mario on green greens
game 5 went to ojichan - peach mario samus on mute city

thanks everyone for coming! I'll try to have another one by the end of this month or the next. were the setups cool, did you guys have enough space? fun?
if you could please give me some feedback that would be cool.

MT_

Smash Ace
Rawr took a game off me in the round robin so I am actually 9-3 not 9-2.

I was ness in game 4, mario game 6.

We need more pizza next time.

Otherwise it was cool.

There was no game 5. That was just me vs you game 3.

MT_

Smash Ace
Lol I'm OK I still get ***** by the same people I've been getting ***** by since you left. Michel come back to Austin plz =)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Smashfest tonight or tomorrow!!! Australian smashers!

So in a random encounter, I was playing an indie game called Dustforce at the Game Developer's Conference, and it turns out I have one of the developers on facebook (apparently we tried to play a year ago but never got around to it). Anyways, it turns out he and another one of the developers both play Melee and would like to get some games in while they are here.

The Austrailians and I are both leaving Friday evening, so tonight or Thursday evening would be awesome, after 6 pm.

Give a call at 210 723 5386, and let me know if we can set up a smashfest!

MT_

Smash Ace
Well.

This isn't short notice or anything.

I'm in Houston so I can't attend unfortunately.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I don't know what the deal was. I submitted the request at least a week ago. I didn't want to set up a meeting and then get rejected like last time. I just figured they'd be quicker to confirm the room. I guess I should just go ahead and plan the meeting and assume the room will go through.

chaoscontrolASH

Smash Rookie
yea edgar. thats what clay always ended up doing for the most part. we usually send out the email before we were confirmed. if room change, then we just send out another email.

MT_

Smash Ace
Hey guys

JF and I are gonna be at IT2 in a little less than 2 weeks. Who all wants to come out and represent Austin with us? It'd be tight to get an Austin crew together and really show up. IT1 was just as big as Endless Challenge and since IT2 is part 2 in the series it'll probably bring more players. I think Dallas will be there too.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283371

COME ON GUYS!!! I'm looking at you Kal, Edgar, Reqy

Kal

Smash Champion
It's hard to be hyped about smash when I have real life to deal with. I'll see if I can find time to go to this, but chances are I'll spend my free time going over Algebra.

MT_

Smash Ace
Unfortunately you have a very good point Kal... priorities in life haha. BUT!, iirc the last time you traveled for smash was back in like February wasn't it? Don't you think it's about time you arranged time for some good smashing haha.

I'm confident that this is going to be a worthwhile tournament unlike the crap that Phase threw out for us back in Dallas. You guys should seriously consider attending! It'd be fun to go as an Austin crew. Of course, priorities are priorities, but with proper time management...!

reqy

Smash Journeyman
lol i'm done playing smash.
i'd be a terrible "representative" for the austin crew anyway.

Edit: and why the hell is there a peach symbol next o my sn

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
when's your next meeting?

i'm an hour and a half away and thinking i might want to play melee again.

MT_

Smash Ace
Guys...! The creator of the infamous Wombo Combo video is telling us to hold a smash club meeting. EDGAR, YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS???

MT_

Smash Ace
EDGAR TELL ME EARLIER IF YOU'RE GOING TO COME DUDE!!

Teamsies????????? =D (I placed 3rd here with JF last time...!) Also, if you're planning a meeting for that day then you should probably reserve the room now.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
EDGAR TELL ME EARLIER IF YOU'RE GOING TO COME DUDE!!

Teamsies????????? =D (I placed 3rd here with JF last time...!) Also, if you're planning a meeting for that day then you should probably reserve the room now.
Yeah, getting the room isn't so bad. It's just last time I stalled too much waiting for confirmation. But anyways, unless there are any objections, I'm going to reserve a room on the 30th.

About the tournament, what are your plans so far?

MT_

Smash Ace
I'm getting a ride with JF there on Friday at like 4:30. I think Jose is coming too. I'm pretty sure if you ask Clay he'll be willing to house you. JF is staying at Rayzorium's (maybe he'll let you stay too, idk). Ask JF! Maybe we can get an Austin crew going for crew battles.

We'll be coming back Sunday sometime.

EDIT: wait don't you live in Houston originally or something... you won't need housing LOL but yeah we'll be playing at Rayzorium's Friday night for practice

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well i work this saturday anyway. to be honest i'll prolly work next saturday too and i'm in no position to ask for days off.
maybe i won't show up. lol

i'd like too. i'll see what my off days are and see if anyone's willing to smash.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting a ride with JF there on Friday at like 4:30. I think Jose is coming too. I'm pretty sure if you ask Clay he'll be willing to house you. JF is staying at Rayzorium's (maybe he'll let you stay too, idk). Ask JF! Maybe we can get an Austin crew going for crew battles.

We'll be coming back Sunday sometime.

EDIT: wait don't you live in Houston originally or something... you won't need housing LOL but yeah we'll be playing at Rayzorium's Friday night for practice
yeah, I won't be going with you guys (though I'm very grateful you guys gave me the opportunity to go with ya'll)
as of a few minutes ago I'm going with rohan to see/play clay and I'd be staying at clay's throughout the weekend. I didn't want JF to give me a ride all the way to clay's since I've been told it's hella far so I thought going with rohan might be more beneficial for everybody.

Top Bottom