• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kal

Smash Champion
Sorry I didn't make it this time guys. Edgar, let's get an actual like, "meeting," setup for Saturday.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
hey guys I will be hosting a smashfest at my place saturday october 2. tourneys start at 6. come whenever you want, after three preferably.

things I'm planning to run if there's at least 4 people show up:
a two dollar round robin tournament.
a one dollar random stage/character bracket or round robin tourney (if 7 people attend). there will be a handful of selected items on, but on the smallest non-zero frequency.

I want to have at least two setups from you guys. I have an extra laggy tv, that people could play on if they don't care.
if the idea of a round robin turns you off, I can run it on one TV through the day/night.

free entree for the regular tournament to the bringers of the two setups I want!

please notify me in this thread if you wanna come!

protip- the ut shuttle does not run on saturdays unfortunately; bus 20, however, drops you off two minutes away foot-distance.
edit - matt is gay.

MT_

Smash Ace
Wtf Jose you live far.

I'll come if I can get a ride. I can also bring a setup if I can get a ride. Buses don't run on Saturdays unfortunately.

Hey October 3rd is a Sunday

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
That looks interesting. Also, I can host something at my place this weekend. I live up north, close to Kal. If anyone is interested just ask and I can post details. Friday or Saturday work fine. I only have one setup though, so depending on how much interest I get, I might need one or two extras.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Well, if that doesn't work out, my place is available. I'm also free tomorrow. If it does work out, I'll see if I can stop by on Saturday for a few hours.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
So I never got a reply confirming the reservation of a room, so I guess someone should host a smashfest.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
As I said, my house is available. 6712 shiner street Austin, TX 78729. My phone is 512-914-9745. I only have one setup though.

rraawwrr

Smash Rookie
I'll see what I can grab. Not sure If i can bring my TV, but I can bring my GC and stuff.

MT_

Smash Ace
Edgar: we should probably reserve the room like a week earlier than the intended meeting. And then if we REALLY want to, we should also put up some fliers around campus advertising the meeting. Meh.

Edgar call me if you're going to JF's....lol

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
People can come over whenever, but I want an idea of when people would like to show up, how many are coming, etc. Also, setups are nice. Thanks.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I'm willing to bring over a TV and cube if this thing lasts late, but I don't get off of work until 8pm. How late do you plan on having this smashfest if it goes down?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
No time limit. Haha. Now that I think about it, a good time to start it would be after the UT game. So... let's say around 6pm people can start showing up.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Yea. I want some practice too, but oh well. Actually, let me put it this way: if I know you, or if you come with someone I know, then I can have a smashfest. But if I don't know you, I can't.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Well, I don't know if I know you because I don't actually know your real name. I'm Preston Smith. But oh well, if more people don't want to show up it's not a big deal. I'll be going to the fest next Saturday anyway. I already requested work off.

Kal

Smash Champion
So basically, Matt can't lie to his parents and say he knows you.

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, sorry guys, I just learned the other day how to reserve rooms, but now it should be easy. Any suggestions for the date of the next meeting?

Kal

Smash Champion
Two weeks from today? Perhaps we can advertise and have an actual event.

Top Bottom