• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Kokichi said:
I can't see how people are thinking that Metaknight is a clone of Kirby. Is Gannon a clone of Link? Bowser, a clone of Mario? Mewtwo a clone of Pikachu? No. Metaknight and Kirby look completely different. Metaknight is bigger. He has a friggin' sword. There's a video of him attacking with his sword. That appears to be his primary weapon. Kirby kicks and punches and sucks. The only "sword" is his Up-B (which we know remains the same).

On another topic, is anyone else concerned that Pikachu and Kirby are still going to suck this game? From the video, it looks like it. It seems to me that they're moves haven't changed whatsoever (the only move that was changed for the original 4 was Link's forward-A in the air - it now swings twice, as the video shows). It showed Kirby's forward-B in the air - his weak-*** hammer yet again. I'm concerned that Kirby's forward B (as is Pikachu's skull bash and other attacks of the sort) will remain completely useless, and thus decrease their potential. I was really hoping that all characters would be somewhat equal - it makes for a better game. But right now, I'm concerend that that won't be the case. We'll see, though, we'll see - right now it's way too early to tell.
that was only a trailer. They will probably change when the game is released. Also, some people thought he was a clone because of a picture of him using a kick similar to kirbys.

G-Ron

Smash Apprentice
^really? i was always under the impression that link fans liked the bouncage because of it's combo potential. i guess to each his own

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Also, is anyone else concerned about the lag shown at each hit in the video? Watch as Link does his dair to Mario. Or whenever Metaknight connects with his sword. I know that SSBM has that, but not to such a noticable degree.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I think it's stupid how everyone is pratically making tiers for SSBB already based on that one trailer. It's pointless to conclude that anybody's moves have or haven't changed, because they could change their moves around 500 times between now & the time the game is finished.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
freeman123 said:
I think it's stupid how everyone is pratically making tiers for SSBB already based on that one trailer. It's pointless to conclude that anybody's moves have or haven't changed, because they could change their moves around 500 times between now & the time the game is finished.
you're late. lol. alot of people already said that.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
I think the game should have a more in depth adventure mode, like puting all stages mario or link style, so you move fighting foes from the game of the stage. A DK stage like this should be cool.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:
Sakurai (the director) has said that the 1 player mode will be much more robust than 64 or Melee.

McFox do you remember the VR helmet things that nintendo bought?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Not until today, when you posted about it a thousand times.

I don't see what that has to do with Brawl.

Please take everything you have to say about the visor into the LIGHT HOUSE, in the Wii topic there, where this discussions is suited for.

I've noticed, at no surprise to myself, that you still haven't read our rules, which I pointed out to you recently were at the top of the Pool Room.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:
Not until today, when you posted about it a thousand times.

I don't see what that has to do with Brawl.

Please take everything you have to say about the visor into the LIGHT HOUSE, in the Wii topic there, where this discussions is suited for.

I've noticed, at no surprise to myself, that you still haven't read our rules, which I pointed out to you recently were at the top of the Pool Room.
yea ok. Just imagine how cool this game would be playin with the visor. I didnt mean any harm i was just excited to show everyone. where is the light house?

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Tijuana, CA (yeah, i know i change my location, AG
JmcShocker16 said:
yea ok. Just imagine how cool this game would be playin with the visor. I didnt mean any harm i was just excited to show everyone. where is the light house?
well dude, sakurai said this game was going to play in the traditional way, not with the nintendo ON thingy, and the light house is just in...a crap habbend put to musch attention to that, i edit this post and repost the thread here, will i return, just curios is that have you seen this vid, if you haven't then show it there (though i think everybody in that thread already seen it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLkdh8OwxEA

"EDIT": there just go to the main menu go to gaming and there is the light house, or go to this link http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Okurama said:
well dude, sakurai said this game was going to play in the traditional way, not with the nintendo ON thingy,
Good point.

Sakurai has said that he wants the controls to be simple. There's not going to be any visor-play involved.

And Shocker, instead of returning to your old habits (continuing to spam while waiting for people togive you complete step-by-step instructions on how to do anything), why not try LOOKING for the Light House? It's on the main page. Try "smashboards.com" and see what you find.

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Tijuana, CA (yeah, i know i change my location, AG
McFox said:
And Shocker, instead of returning to your old habits (continuing to spam while waiting for people togive you complete step-by-step instructions on how to do anything), why not try LOOKING for the Light House? It's on the main page. Try "smashboards.com" and see what you find.
actually shocker haven't seen you in any other places in this forum but in the brawl topics, why not go to the other threads in, you have alot of fun in there, you be more bored to wait for someone else tp post.

sorry for spaming (yeah i do declare this post spam, just because i have nothing to say about the topic, so sorry :() but really try and know good frinds in other parts of the threads.

"EDIT": thank you Mcfox :)

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Okurama said:
well dude, sakurai said this game was going to play in the traditional way, not with the nintendo ON thingy, and the light house is just in...a crap habbend put to musch attention to that, i edit this post and repost the thread here, will i return, just curios is that have you seen this vid, if you haven't then show it there (though i think everybody in that thread already seen it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLkdh8OwxEA

"EDIT": there just go to the main menu go to gaming and there is the light house, or go to this link http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17
i'm not talking about nintendo on. its something different look at this http://www.3dvisor.com/products.php

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Okurama said:
even though posted somewere else, brawl will not need of those, just posted in the link i give you (ohh, and thank you for the correction, i really didn't know, so thanks :))

thanks for listening. This would help in brawl if it were for eight players.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Realistically, the technology isn't here yet for home VR like that. The Nintendo ON video was a fake fan video.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
OH ok, gotcha, well it said it was a spoof so that ussually infers that it was already made or thought of so they are just playing off that idea. Usually when you hear spoof it is usually in a negetive conotation so I thought they were making fun of something about nintendo. Meh, I'm not one of those rediculous nintendo fanboys so. Meep!

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
in a sense...yeah...sorry to dissappoint you. but in my opinion, moves like that aren't what smash bros is about. but since they added snake and abandoned their "no 3rd party" deal, i guess the image of smash will change as well. i just hope it changes for the better.

I'll be fine as long as there's an option to turn that "token item" off. Granted it is indeed an item, it can be turned off.

Top Prospect

Smash Apprentice
Based in Chicago; straight outta the Twinkie Barge
There aren't any dissapointments here (except for some of the friends I grew up with). I just wanted to know. You do have a point as far as image is concerned; it may change it but then again it may not. I guess if it's in item form as a power up and not on command with a gauge like say, Street Fighter (btw I have no gripes about Street Fighter whatsoever), then it's all gravy on spuds...and I like mashed pertaters, mmm hmm.

Captain_Obvious

Smash Journeyman
There seems to only be so much at the moment that one can say about Brawl, but there are still a rediculous amount of posts in this room, few of which contain any actual, unique information.

For example, I just now realized that Pit was a guy. I now know how all those people felt when someone told them that Marth wasn't a girl. Oops.

- Captain R.D. Obvious

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
how could ANYONE ever think marth was a girl...? i still can not undestand that...well...besides the slim build and the...hair band...why does he have a hairband anyways...HAH HAH!!!

but chances are, those things that allow super moves can most likely be turned off. Nintendo wouldnt be THAT cruel...

Also i've been hearing people dread that since the company making Brawl isnt the same one that made the past 2 installments, therefore the new company doesnt know diddly squat about what to do for Brawl. However this is true, Sora is making Brawl, not Hal Lab. but the Director is still the same guy, Mashiro Sakurai, so i trust everything will be alright...more or less...

X_Arre

Smash Cadet
wow, I wonder what other super moves they will have....

Pikachu: a REAL thunder. Huge *** bolt of lighting
Snake: High explosives, that would PWN
ZSamus: I really don't know what she'd have....
Fox: A barrage of Angry Arwings, or he'd get in one and do the job himself.
the list goes on and on, but I can't think of any more.

Zander805

Smash Ace
If they take out Falco, I'm gonna kill some fools...

I think it would be tight if they changed Young Link to Wind Waker Link, and he could wear the blue pancho thing that he wears when you beat the game! ^^

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Zander805 said:
If they take out Falco, I'm gonna kill some fools...

I think it would be tight if they changed Young Link to Wind Waker Link, and he could wear the blue pancho thing that he wears when you beat the game! ^^

he's cell shaded. how wouls wthis work? anyways i think deity link for ww link.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
the grim lizard said:
Kinda like Playstation and Metal Gear Solid...hmm...anyway, whatever.
Wrong. Konami is a third party, and they made a Metal Gear game for the Gamecube (actually made by Silicon Knights, if I remember correctly, but they had to have supervised, considering it's their series).

They aren't a second party of Sony. They just choose to put their Metal Gear games on that system. Like Team Ninja chooses XBox. They're not a second party of Microsoft, but they've decided to put Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden on that system.

WR3K

Smash Ace
^^ cel shaded wouldnt change anything, it could still work, its not like if you put some cel shadedness into a normal 3d game the worl will explode. then again, it would look pretty weird

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
WR3K said:
^^ cel shaded wouldnt change anything, it could still work, its not like if you put some cel shadedness into a normal 3d game the worl will explode. then again, it would look pretty weird

it just wont work. it wont work. come one people. What about the deity link? forget about ww link

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Falling Whistness said:
We disagree with you. Let it go.
thats a lie you baby tit. Alot of people want deity link in. so shut your nips and get them tucked. thanks

Top Bottom