• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Mr.Victory07 said:
Sorry about the double post :(
Maybe the DS could help ypu unlock secrets somehow :)
Yeah that would be sweet, but those who don't have a DS would be screwed in that. In my opinion all that unlocking extra stuff should be done via Wi-Fi.

Well I'm outta here I have a big tourney tomorrow.

Wørd

Smash Rookie
Annnnnd back on topic...I agree with McFox on this one. Give all the **** characters their own spot on the character select screen. Simplicity at its finest.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
JmcShocker14 said:
I dont care what you or the mod think. That was a good idea. Shocker logging out!
wtf, what was a good idea? what are you talking about? im just saying to not act like an idiot

anyways, maybe young link can have different costumes or a clone??? ;)

JmcShocker14

Banned via Administration
G-Ron said:
i think it was a good idea, firestar. However like McFox said it would impede the "pick up and play" value to smash that is so unique. I guess i'll try to figure out a middle between the two.

whats so bad about pressing a button on the character select screen to change forms? what is the big deal?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Of course.

Shocker and Firestar, I am completely fed up with the "both" of you, even though you are almost definitely the same person, considering you have the same IP address.

No wait, don't tell me, you're "brothers." Yeah, I believe that about as much as I believe that your age is in the double digits.

This is your absolute last warning. Stop sucking, or you're permanently banned from our forum. Having over 30,000 members, you will not be missed even a little.

*EDIT* The "big deal" is that it's stupid. Why would you take something simple and turn it into something overly complicated for no reason? It doesn't make any sense.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
foxandfalco said:
wtf, what was a good idea? what are you talking about? im just saying to not act like an idiot

anyways, maybe young link can have different costumes or a clone??? ;)
After minish cap, winndwaker and twilight princess there can be alot of link clones

Wørd

Smash Rookie
The big deal is basically this. When someone sees Mario, and then sees DocMario by pressing a button they immediatly think, ZOMGCLONE. When you give someone like DocMario his own space people will think of him less as a clone and more of an individual player. I'm sure veterens would see that he is different,

But what about the new players to the franchise? Nintendo has always been about simplicity. Just look at the combat formula in SSBM. A direction and a button can make you do almost any move. Its not like UPDOWNLEFTRIGHTRIGHTCIRCLEXSQUARER2R1 combos.

But this is just my opinion and y'all are entitled to your own.

G-Ron

Smash Apprentice
***From: JWJ442 | Posted: 5/11/2006 3:19:30 PM | Message Detail
(thanks to the good people at FESS)

First of all, there are only three Nintendo franchises with castles: Mario, Zelda, and Fire Emblem. It definitely doesn't look like Peach's castle or Hyrule castle. Not really like Bowser's, either. It has a fairly realistic medieval look to it, which leads me to believe it is from Fire Emblem.

Now, look at this flag:
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/joeljermon/?action=view&current=flag2.jpg

and compare it to the Daein crest from FE9:
http://eaichu250.superbusnet.com/FE9/images/CGs/Map6.jpg (near the top of the map)

The flag has the same color scheme and looks somewhat similar to the top of the Daein crest at an angle. The flags outside the castle have the same colors as well, and look a bit similar from a distance:
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/joeljermon/?action=view&current=flag1.jpg

This raises a couple of interesting things. First of all, I duobt they'd include two stages with the same theme, so it looks like the stages may be segmented into different sections now, which the part with the Halberd also indicates. Second, we're likely to get another FE character, probably one from FE9. I hope it's not Ike. He's cool, but we already have two swordfighting FE lords.***

has anybody seen this??

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Wørd said:
The big deal is basically this. When someone sees Mario, and then sees DocMario by pressing a button they immediatly think, ZOMGCLONE. When you give someone like DocMario his own space people will think of him less as a clone and more of an individual player. I'm sure veterens would see that he is different,

But what about the new players to the franchise? Nintendo has always been about simplicity. Just look at the combat formula in SSBM. A direction and a button can make you do almost any move. Its not like UPDOWNLEFTRIGHTRIGHTCIRCLEXSQUARER2R1 combos.

But this is just my opinion and y'all are entitled to your own.
i think i already like this guy. good point word.

JmcShocker14

Banned via Administration
McFox said:
Of course.

Shocker and Firestar, I am completely fed up with the "both" of you, even though you are almost definitely the same person, considering you have the same IP address.

No wait, don't tell me, you're "brothers." Yeah, I believe that about as much as I believe that your age is in the double digits.

This is your absolute last warning. Stop sucking, or you're permanently banned from our forum. Having over 30,000 members, you will not be missed even a little.

*EDIT* The "big deal" is that it's stupid. Why would you take something simple and turn it into something overly complicated for no reason? It doesn't make any sense.

What is your problem? This is a simple debate and you're acting like a baby. THats a good idea. AND ITS ONLY AN IDEA. you need to have some sort of respect for people opinions

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:
Of course.

It's called SBC Yahoo DSL. How do you explain us both being logged in at the same time?

Wørd

Smash Rookie
Why thank you, I may be what some of you call a "scrub" ingame. But I can put some words up =D. Wait my name is Word as well. Hmmmm....

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
G-Ron said:
***From: JWJ442 | Posted: 5/11/2006 3:19:30 PM | Message Detail
(thanks to the good people at FESS)

First of all, there are only three Nintendo franchises with castles: Mario, Zelda, and Fire Emblem. It definitely doesn't look like Peach's castle or Hyrule castle. Not really like Bowser's, either. It has a fairly realistic medieval look to it, which leads me to believe it is from Fire Emblem.

Now, look at this flag:
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/joeljermon/?action=view&current=flag2.jpg

and compare it to the Daein crest from FE9:
http://eaichu250.superbusnet.com/FE9/images/CGs/Map6.jpg (near the top of the map)

The flag has the same color scheme and looks somewhat similar to the top of the Daein crest at an angle. The flags outside the castle have the same colors as well, and look a bit similar from a distance:
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/joeljermon/?action=view&current=flag1.jpg

This raises a couple of interesting things. First of all, I duobt they'd include two stages with the same theme, so it looks like the stages may be segmented into different sections now, which the part with the Halberd also indicates. Second, we're likely to get another FE character, probably one from FE9. I hope it's not Ike. He's cool, but we already have two swordfighting FE lords.***

has anybody seen this??
WOW, nice find. i never noticed this. im going to show this to more people and see what they think.

by the way, it seems firestar and jmc are going to be banned, my email is njzfinest781@yahoo.com guys, email me when you get this game so we can have our challenge, your obviously not going to stay on this site that long.

Wørd said:
Why thank you, I may be what some of you call a "scrub" ingame. But I can put some words up =D. Wait my name is Word as well. Hmmmm....
lolz :laugh:

ArichTheViking

Smash Apprentice
I sort of hope the Zelda characters get models from different games. For example, we know Link has been updated to TP, but Zelda/Sheik could stay with their OoT design (which makes sense doubly because the Zelda which turns into Sheik is only IN OoT), Ganondorf could take on his WW look, which I think would work sans-cel-shading better than Young Link (and everyone wants him to have a broadsword overhaul anyways... Hmm...), while Young Link could take on a 3-D update of his old-school 2-D look, complete with brown hair. A new character like Ganon (crossing my fingers), could be in pig form. This way, homage is paid to ALL the Zelda games, and we know Zelda characters have all changed their looks over the years.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
JmcShocker14 said:
What is your problem? This is a simple debate and you're acting like a baby. THats a good idea. AND ITS ONLY AN IDEA. you need to have some sort of respect for people opinions
Please, stop. You cannot win. Do you wish to be banned...?

Same goes to you, Firestar.

Back on topic, Smash is about simplicity. It's what seperates it from the other fighters. I doubt they'll change this.

ArichTheViking

Smash Apprentice
I've never understood why people want clone characters- keeping their different specs mind you- to be housed in the same selection box. All this does is make the game's interface confusing and makes the selection of characters look less impressive than it actually is. So basically I agree with McFox, and all other sane, level-headed people.

McFox said:
Ah, it was oh so satisfying to ban Shocker.

Firestar, I don't really care about your account information.
You are actually much more lenient than many other boards.

G-Ron

Smash Apprentice
i also found:

http://www.smashbros.com/jp/toukou/bn/no1_1.html

it may not mean anything in the end, but i think it does say something since these are the entries Sakurai is choosing to present to the public.

references are:

Megaman
Claus from MOTHER 3
Lucas from MOTHER 3
King K Rool
King Dedede
Geno from SMB RPG
Professor Kawasima (??? Brain Age?)
Kalas from batten [kaitosu],
Cheer Group (???)
Doctor Pepper (???)
Jigurudo (i think this is ganondorf?)
Black Shadow from F-Zero
Takao (female character, 8 years old?)
Dragon Chan from Super Punch-Out (wtf? him and not Li'l Mac or King Hippo?)
if the character from masterpiece action “[gachiyahuosu]” (Gotchahouse?) of [Capcom] that also Sakurai was extolled, The protagonist machine G lead-lead is nominated! (???)

chibi said waluigi was on there, but i can't find him. unless he's "the shank."

and he said no manga characters.

that's all i can discern so far. sorry if this has been posted somewhere else already. i haven't seen anything like this yet.

That's right, people. Geno is on the list.***

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:

I bet it was McFox. I'm taking this to the webmaster. You are not fair. There people on here doing far worse and they are still here. You are just mad because i'm right and you're wrong. you need to think about this one

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
McFox said:

lol, McFox :laugh:

so anyways, back to my earlier young link new look idea. maybe he can be upgraded to the majora's mask link where he has his razor sword or glide sword, and hylian shield.

and hey, about this whole choosing characters with different selections. maybe you can have stuff like this:

link: master sword, big goron sword, or megaton hammer

ganondorf: magic caster or sword wielding

samus: ice, plasma, power, or wave beam selected

hhmmm??? it's kinda like soul calibur 2 where you can choose different weapons before battle. than again, i dont really care, but this sounds kinda cool. does anyone argee?
JmcShocker16 said:
I bet it was McFox. I'm taking this to the webmaster. You are not fair. There people on here doing far worse and they are still here. You are just mad because i'm right and you're wrong. you need to think about this one
lol, are you simplifing this to right and wrong? are you not aware that other people just plain dont like you since you seem to start arguments. MAYBE that's why you were banned. and now your back, ready to be banned again?

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
wow. just wow. Cant you ban their IP? After that point, if they plan to go to other places just to annoy us, thats just lame on their part. Anyways, to keep topic...

Each character is different, and so should each have their own box. Like the Viking said, it makes it less impressive, and well, they are different characters with different specs. The only posssible usefulness of multple characters in one box is maybe evolving pokemon, should they decide to put Raichu in.

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
foxandfalco said:
lol, McFox :laugh:

so anyways, back to my earlier young link new look idea. maybe he can be upgraded to the majora's mask link where he has his razor sword or glide sword, and hylian shield.

and hey, about this whole choosing characters with different selections. maybe you can have stuff like this:

link: master sword, big goron sword, or megaton hammer

ganondorf: magic caster or sword wielding

samus: ice, plasma, power, or wave beam selected

hhmmm??? it's kinda like soul calibur 2 where you can choose different weapons before battle. than again, i dont really care, but this sounds kinda cool. does anyone argee?
This is another reason why the z thing would be good...

Like with samus: It would be cool if you could switch between her beams. I didn't just bring this idea out of nowhere.

You guys think it would be cool to switch between moves if you pause the game durning a match?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I can ban the IP, but so far Firestar hasn't done anything to be banned over. However, if Shocker continues his spamming spree, I really won't have a choice.

By the way Shocker, the webmaster will side with me. So will Kirby King, the other admin. And don't bother with Amorasaki, he hasn't logged in in months.

Stop spamming, start posting like a normal person, and I won't have to ban your IP altogether.

*EDIT* I'm not saying that pressing Z to select alter-egos wouldn't work, it just seems like that's complicating a system that's already so simple. See a character? Place your coin on the character and bam, you're them. Having to switch between a bunch of alter-egos just takes longer. Plus, if you want to introduce somebody to the game, you'd have to go through the

"Well, there's X amount of characters here, but some of them actually have different forms. You have to pick the character that they're most like, and then pick their form that you want to play. Then you need to the pick their color, and you're ready to go!"

Something like that would just alienate people, instead of encouraging play from everybody, like Nintendo's trying to do.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
FireStar said:
This is another reason why the z thing would be good...

You guys think it would be cool to switch between moves if you pause the game durning a match?
it would be wierd to suddenly change during a match. but this would add more stragety to the game. i dont know, i really like smash how it is, but this can probably just a different option to play the game and i guess it would be fun too.

edit:
gg McFox :chuckle:

ArichTheViking

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:
I can ban the IP, but so far Firestar hasn't done anything to be banned over. However, if Shocker continues his spamming spree, I really won't have a choice.

By the way Shocker, the webmaster will side with me. So will Kirby King, the other admin. And don't bother with Amorasaki, he hasn't logged in in months.

Stop spamming, start posting like a normal person, and I won't have to ban your IP altogether.
You are WAY too nice.

And NO, changing multiple character-specific weapons etc. is not Smash Bros. style. Soul Caliber is an entirely weapons based fighting game, Smash is not. Any new weapons should come in the form of items.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:

yes sir. My millenium senses a good soul within. I will not spam these boards anymore. I enjoy talking to all of you and expressing my ideas. and hearing yours. you just need to be less hard on people. it was only a debate. I do apologize.

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
And it's really hard trying to fight against Zelda/sheik, because Zelda can change into shiek after you've gotten used to that style...

If Zelda has that ability, why can't anyone else?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
ArichTheViking said:
You are WAY too nice.

And NO, changing multiple character-specific weapons etc. is not Smash Bros. style. Soul Caliber is an entirely weapons based fighting game, Smash is not. Any new weapons should come in the form of items.
big goron sword as a new weapon anyone???

think of how they had the super scope, any other wierd items you can think off?

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Eh, I don't really like the idea of style switching. For one or two characters it's fine. Samus doesn't need her other beams, her Power Beam is just fine. For Ganondorf both his magic and his sword skill can be done without the whole "switching" mess. And Link's other weapons? Make them items.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Oh guys,havee you read the description on Pit's tro[hy?The last part says,and i quoute"Will Pit ever fight again".Coincidence?I think not.Anyway,on the ropic of the new items,how about a bow?Also,in line with mushrooms,bunny hood,and metal box,they could add a leaf to give you a raccoon tail to increase strength and jumping,like the leaf from Super Mario 3.

Downloading idea ROCKS.But it wouldn't be good if they added too much extra.Maybe a lot of stages,but only a few characters,becuase it would suck to play your friend's game when he has it updated and be like,"What the ****,where did Lyn come from?"Promplty before recieving an @$$ kicking.

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
I play SOCOM 3, and I can tell you without a doubt that unless you download the data to a remote device connected directly to the system (a flash drive in SOCOM's case), then they can only fix "glitches", rather than introduce new material. I really don't think it's actually possible to add new characters without holding the data in a large containment area seperate from the Gamecube. I don't know whether or not the idea will come to fruition, but if it does, it's going to force people to buy some sort of memory device to hold these new characters, maps, etc.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Falco&Victory said:
Oh guys,havee you read the description on Pit's tro[hy?The last part says,and i quoute"Will Pit ever fight again".Coincidence?I think not.
Yes. Yes it is a coincidence. Sakurai (the director) didn't even know he was going to be working on Brawl until last E3.

The reason they wrote that is because Pit hasn't seen daylight since his debut on the NES. There have always been talks of a possible sequel. That's why they wrote it.

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:
Yes. Yes it is a coincidence. Sakurai (the director) didn't even know he was going to be working on Brawl until last E3.

The reason they wrote that is because Pit hasn't seen daylight since his debut on the NES. There have always been talks of a possible sequel. That's why they wrote it.
THat doesn't mean that it wasent planned.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
At best, it means they were thinking about doing it, ASSUMING that they were working on the game.

HAL Labs, the studio who did Smash 64 and Melee, is not working on Brawl. They didn't know they'd be working on the sequel.

Top Bottom