• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbelievable! Also: How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

How Should Samus Transform Into Zamus?

• It should be whenever you want (like Zelda / Sheik)

Votes: 413 24.3%
  • It should be only after Samus' "Super Smash" (like in the movie - this would mean items must be on)

Votes: 74 4.4%
  • It should be only after something happens to Samus (like taking a certain amount of damage)

Votes: 163 9.6%
  • Zamus should be a seperate character all-together

Votes: 869 51.1%
  • I don't really care, I'm happy with whatever

Votes: 182 10.7%

• Total voters

wing zrow

Smash Lord
If snake managed to make it, sonic should... and megaman! and pac-man! and some FF character! *starts endless stream of mascots*

HylianLord

Smash Ace
its a good thing they chose to make SSBB for the gamecube controller, cause i get the feeling that playing with the Wii controllers would be too awkward for many people. heavy props to nintendo for release of a great trailer and game XD. i'm praying with all my might golden sun characters / pokemon like Blaziken, scyther etc XD.

nategt4

Smash Cadet
maybe by the end of E3 will we see all the starter characters for the game, no way i see nintendo giving away secret characters yet

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Yeah, the dev's have been working for months and what you see in the trailer is all the've come up with.

Obviously Wario still doesn't have a moveset, Neither does Zero Suit Samus, but Pit and Metaknight have had some work done on them already.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
I have butterflies.. I'm downloading the preview vid (stupid dial up). I'm just.. so excited. I'm almost shaking.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
hmmm... at the end of the trailer it has copyright 2006...
hopefully its not too late into 2007.

Xiru

Smash Rookie
Thank you Nintendo. I hope this game plays as great as it looks in that video. I'm so happy about wifi. Hopefully 4 player matches make it. This is the best news of e3 for me. Nintendo has won the show.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
--Not liking the Supers. That means cutscenes interwoven into the gameplay and I don't like that. Let Smash maintain its originality. It doesn't need supers or meters to be successful. They'll just break up the hyper-kinetic flow of the gameplay.

Grrr.

--I want to see a counter hit system intergrated into Brawl. For i.e. when certain moves connect on counterhit, they become impossible or very hard to tech (by shortening the tech frames from 40 or so to around 5).

--Air dashes please (yeah, I know that kinda contradicts my first point about it being original, but air dashes are so cool).

--Air sheilding needs to be in this one.

-- I'd like to be able to air dodge more than once in the air before hitting the ground -- but only nuetral dodges. Any dodge influenced by directions should maintain their incapacitated free-fall trait (maybe except down).

-- Gimme Marth.

-- Teams needs a serious upgrade. I don't care for 2v2 as much as I'd like to see a robust tag system.

-- I should be able to grab onto my partners legs if he's edgehogging.

Yeah, I'm typing this response without a head (because it exploded watching the trailer you see..), so more later.

-Syn

Juke

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was a joke at first with the whole solid snake deal...then I was enlightened with awesome pictures and a breath taking trailer.

Lemming 1545

Smash Journeyman
Okay, awesomeawesomeawesome. I've already explained why two different places before here, so I'm all awesomed out. But I have to say, Kirby chef'ing Mario and Solid Snake popping out of his box are two of the funniest moments in video game trailer history. Also, Metaknight. He is awesome. Oh so awesome. So awesome that the word "awesome" doesn't come close to doing him justice. And Pit? I thought he was kinda "bleah" based on his SSBM trophy, but with the redesign they've given him, he too looks frickin' awesome. The Halberd, as a map! Yay! Hooray! Way cool! There's just so much to cheer about in the trailer alone, I can't wait to see the final product. This game is going to own. Period.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
In my opinion, this topics should be called the "orgasm topic" ^_^

Everyone can just come into this area and orgasm all over the place.

Is "orgasm" family friendly? Umm... everyone can come in here and happinness all over the place.

BAMF

Smash Cadet
Bahful said:
All the words in the world cannot express my sentiments of HAPPY.

So I'll just ask...anyone know who that girl behind Mario is? Doesn't look like Peach or Zelda.
It is "Zero Suit Samus (the blue "no-suit" Samus from Metroid: Zero Mission)"

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Lemming 1545 said:
Okay, awesomeawesomeawesome. I've already explained why two different places before here, so I'm all awesomed out. But I have to say, Kirby chef'ing Mario and Solid Snake popping out of his box are two of the funniest moments in video game trailer history. Also, Metaknight. He is awesome. Oh so awesome. So awesome that the word "awesome" doesn't come close to doing him justice. And Pit? I thought he was kinda "bleah" based on his SSBM trophy, but with the redesign they've given him, he too looks frickin' awesome. The Halberd, as a map! Yay! Hooray! Way cool! There's just so much to cheer about in the trailer alone, I can't wait to see the final product. This game is going to own. Period.
What about wario's fart and all of their faces that was hilarious and the music is fantastic

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
SynikaL said:
--Not liking the Supers. That means cutscenes interwoven into the gameplay and I don't like that. Let Smash maintain its originality. It doesn't need supers or meters to be successful. They'll just break up the hyper-kinetic flow of the gameplay.

Grrr.

-Syn
Watch the trailer again and notice how the characters pick up an ITEM to trigger the Super move. That's right, an item. You won't be seeing those in a competitive tournament, so fret not, and enjoy it in the single player modes and when you just want a chaotic itemfest.

BAMF

Smash Cadet
Kind of a dumb post here but i find it kinda funny that kirby doesn't look ne different when they all turn into their Brawl forms

cmart

Smash Lord
Don't know if anyone has posted this or not, but there appears to be a website launched by the director of the game.

Smash bros Dojo

I haven't found any new info there, but it might be a good idea to check up on this site as development progresses.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Fenrir said:
Watch the trailer again and notice how the characters pick up an ITEM to trigger the Super move. That's right, an item. You won't be seeing those in a competitive tournament, so fret not, and enjoy it in the single player modes and when you just want a chaotic itemfest.

Hmm, didn''t notice that. Thanks for pointing it out.

-Syn

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
I'm not gonna get to bed for another hour or so more cause I can't stop watching the trailer...

m0thersl0veme

Smash Rookie
im so...wow. just wow. you see it and youre like WTF PWN HAXOR. then you try to imagine all the characters in it and youre like zomg so many. im praying for them to put geno in. that would seriously be beyond incredible.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Few things to note.

Medaknight jump cancelled his shield when Pit shot him (Thanks for pointing this out L33t Democratic)

Medaknights stage will be a broken marth stage because it has 1 platform covering 2/3 of the stage. Mad tipsies.

Medaknight will suck...because he has no range. It will be ness with a ****ty sword.

Suitless samus will be my secondary, regular samus will be my main. Suitless samus will be top tier in that she'll have sheik speed, with marth range.

LOL @ me analyzing this trailer based on tournament play. Too good.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
HugS said:
Few things to note.

Medaknight jump cancelled his shield when Pit shot him (Thanks for pointing this out L33t Democratic)

Medaknights stage will be a broken marth stage because it has 1 platform covering 2/3 of the stage. Mad tipsies.

Medaknight will suck...because he has no range. It will be ness with a ****ty sword.

Suitless samus will be my secondary, regular samus will be my main. Suitless samus will be top tier in that she'll have sheik speed, with marth range.

LOL @ me analyzing this trailer based on tournament play. Too good.
It's meta not meda and he will not suck he will PWN

Blind

Honorbound
Okay. You know how some people make a wish, and believe in their heart of hearts that if that wish, that ONE wish is granted, they will be happy for years to come? And yet, there is the fear that you are treading a chasm, a void, and the loss of that hope will send you plummeting into a soulless abyss from which you may never, EVER return?

I hoped for one thing. I wanted Meta-Knight. I got Meta-Knight.

If Miyamoto ever comes to my house. I will do whatever, in the holy name of God, that he asks. If he wants me to put on make-up, and dance around, swinging a handbag, I'll do it.

If he wants me to say, "Hello sailor," and wrap both arms around his neck while straddling him in an indecent fashion, I'll do it.

Fishnets? Done and done.

Explict, is the point I'm making ladies and gentlemen. I cannot repay him.

I got my wish.

That is all.

RPK

Smash Lord
*Looks at current SN and chucks it* Im changing it to Liquid....My god this trailer almost put me in shock....I couldnt breath for like a minute....

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
Link is going to be straight nice! I wonder how many characters are going to be in this one. Maybe 6512185461321+20!!! LOL!!! I going to sleep until 2007 now. ***starts snoring***

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Amazing...

Take a look at my sig and start checking them off...:p (fyi, I've had this sig since September...)

Just wanted to pop in and say.

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Super Smash Bros: Brawl is going to rock serious socks. Can not WAIT!

Not exactly sure how I feel about Solid Snake as a character. Part of me wanted SSB to be Nintendo only. But ultimatly more fighters, period, is a good thing.

Unfortunatly I fear the inclution of Snake is going to open the flood gates for rampant speculation, beyond anything we've ever seen here. More posts like "If Solid Snake is in Smash, that means Sonic/Megaman/Cloud/Darth Vader/Harry Potter can be in too!!!!!!11112"

*preemptive facepalm*

Nice to see Pitt in the fight, and Wario looks to clearly be a fighter too.

Come on Little Mac!!!!

and Stanley the Bugman. :chuckle:

EDIT: Oh god, I just read a bit of this thread.
How the heck can people, which such absoute "certainty" claim that any character with be any particular way without any kind of physical evidence to back up the injecture?

Come on people. Stop the "Metaknight will be Ness with sword!" type lamnness. You have no Drokking clue. :rolleyes:

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
Hahaha, I knew they'd be showing it during e3, that made my day.
Ok, some weird stuff that nobody will ever believe: Waaaaay back in 2001 when I joined, before the secret characters from Melee were out, I made my own Smash Brothers Character Select Screen for the Smash after that. I named it Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I doubt anyone will believe me, and the pic isn't up anymore... so yeah, that's fine. On this was: Pit, Meta Knight, Wario and many others. I haven't read through the 16 pages yet to see if anyone has said this yet, but I have to be a n00b for a moment.

Please for the love of god include Banjo, he was also in my select screen and I want him in there BAD. Nintendo seemed to be reading our brains so yeah.... might as well put it out there.

nategt4

Smash Cadet
which characters would you not like to see from SSBM, go into SSBB ? pichu and jigglypuff are my picks

Top Bottom