• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Compliment post #7:

KMDP KMDP you and I agree on basically every media we talk about, so I'm biased. But you're an open-minded thinker and a giver of your time, two traits that are sorely lacking in today's day and age. When you drew me something out the blue just to be nice, it made my day, and I've been excited to see every new work of yours not only to see your progress but also to see who else you'll make happy with that little bit of effort put into making something they'll like. You're even keeled in every conversation that pops up, always taking the high road and keeping things light and jovial. The thread is better with you in it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Bad at individual compliments, so blanket acknowledgment:

I don't know what I would do without you guys, thanks for putting up with me. It had its ups and downs, but I can't overestimate how much good this thread did to me.

Most of you are great.

D

Deleted member

In all seriousness, I don't know any of y'all well enough to dish out specific compliments, but as a queer Smash fan I super appreciate how fast this thread shuts down bigoted nonsense whenever it rears its ugly head. It's unfortunate that it happens occasionally in the first place, but given that browsing other forums or Subreddits for my interests can yield that garbage just going completely unchallenged, it's a breath of fresh air knowing I can click on this thread safe with the knowledge that it almost definitely won't crop up here, and if it does, it won't be tolerated. It's nice to know that the only thing I have to put up with here is bad opinions about Smash and not literal, outright bigotry.

Seriously though, you seem a swell bunch. Keep on trucking.
Bigotry is just downright mean and bad and it's not alright in the slightest so don't mention it everyone here respects each other no matter if you're Straight, Trans, Bi, Gay, Lesbian it doesn't matter as long as you're a good person we'll fight for ya!

Also You have a Kuma profile pic so you're cool in my opinion

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, um... at least you've got yours now. Congrats?
Actually, after I posted that post you just answered, it seem like alot of peoples are in the same club when it come not talking much in this thread.

So, maybe I should cut the drama before it start turning into a bad tv show. :p

For real, thanks for the support everyone!

D

Deleted member

And then there's me, I don't have a lot of confidence in myself nor am I all that Smart and I'm sensitive at times but I guess I'm alright.

D

Deleted member

Actually, after I posted that post you just answered, it seem like alot of peoples are in the same club when it come not talking much in this thread.

So, maybe I should cut the drama before it start turning into a bad tv show. :p

For real, thanks for the support everyone!
Ooh, I just realized you were Malos.
I remember you ever since I met you. You are a really funny and nice user!
I remember your first name was Blue Hunter Z when I met you.

Edit: I think it was Red Hunter Z.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Mwehehehehe. Y'all want a real blast from the past, for all y'all who were here in the Smash 4 days?

Palutena.jpg

Just take a look at this image.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
In all seriousness, I don't know any of y'all well enough to dish out specific compliments, but as a queer Smash fan I super appreciate how fast this thread shuts down bigoted nonsense whenever it rears its ugly head. It's unfortunate that it happens occasionally in the first place, but given that browsing other forums or Subreddits for my interests can yield that garbage just going completely unchallenged, it's a breath of fresh air knowing I can click on this thread safe with the knowledge that it almost definitely won't crop up here, and if it does, it won't be tolerated. It's nice to know that the only thing I have to put up with here is bad opinions about Smash and not literal, outright bigotry.

Seriously though, you seem a swell bunch. Keep on trucking.
Based on your post count, you seem relatively new here, so pardon me if I haven't seen you earlier on this forum, but a belated welcome to the family! It feels great knowing you perceive us this way, and it is as it should be. Unlike other Smash sites trying to **** up pointless threads and the grime that comes with the comments, we strive to be the antithesis of all negative stereotypes associated with this conglomerate community we're all a part of. It's telling how a game like this brings in fandoms you never knew had a soft spot for this game either. But anywho, remember to hang around more and don't be a stranger!

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah. You've been surprisingly unaware of this.

If Erdrick isn't in the game as a fully playable character, @ryumo, @Bolderousness, and I must do the following:
  • Engage in a private discussion, at least 5 pages in length, with you about fictional dogs
  • Play all three versions of Fire Emblem Fates
  • and then delete our accounts
It'll be a good time either way.
Honestly, I was really hoping we'd get my suggestion up to ten likes even if it sounds purely mean-spirited toward you.

Theponycorn, if we lose, we'll have to hold off on playing Joker for a month after he releases.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ooh, I just realized you were Malos.
I remember you ever since I met you. You are a really funny and nice user!
I remember your first name was Blue Hunter Z when I met you.
Yeah, about that.

Does anyone here who knew me under those names recognized me before Shiny post that?

Also, hey AndreaAC AndreaAC , sorry for not tagging you before! I like to thank you too for the support you gave me in the past. :)

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Compliment post #8:

Moydow Moydow you kinda of singlehandedly reinvigorated my drive for Smash, and I really never thanked you for that. When we had our first night of arena friendlies and there was a clear gap between us, you stayed for a couple hours and beat me down to my heart's content, intent to stay and let me learn from my mistakes instead of leaving to go find someone more at your own level. Your immediate offers to host arenas and broadcast them brings our little community together and I'm very appreciative of that; without your enthusiasm, I may not have gotten back into the game, and I certainly wouldn't have gone out of my way to play against all the people I have. So thank you, for just being you, whether it's just me in an arena or sixteen people fighting over spots. That consistent friendliness and leadership is why they made you an admin. You were a great choice for the role.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Iridium

Smash Hero

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Pyra Pyra
You’re easily the worst here m8. But that’s not saying much because since everyone here is pretty great, and you’re included, you’re pretty great.

I know you pick on yourself at times and have a hard time forgiving yourself, even for minor things, but just know that I’m slowly learning to love you. Finally!

I know you try to put on a big facade of confidence and pride, but maybe that’s not just a farce. Maybe you truly have confidence, but you’re hiding behind faking it just because you’re afraid of being knocked down a peg.
Continue working on yourself. It’s rough right now, but if you take care and improve yourself, you’ll eventually meet all your goals.

It’s hard, I know, to live with being so trapped in your own mind sometimes that you end up bullying yourself, either via OCD, Major Depression, GAD, or just genuine put-downs. But remember- you’re your own worst critic.

You have a surprising amount of people that genuinely enjoy your company, and you need to realize that most of the time, people aren’t just saying things because it’s nice.

You have a wonderful girlfriend and lots of open doors.

I hope you go far in your life. I hope you can run a business, own property, have a family, and be debt free. I wish you luck, my friend.

D

Deleted member

I was going to share some wholesome Pokemon pictures, but I decided to make one my avatar instead!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
excuse me for a moment I made myself cry at work for real this time I’ll be back in a little while

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR THIS THREAD AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE

... Am I doing it right?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm sorry but you're not a real Smash fan if you don't remember these
I don't care if ReggieBoard is over.

Die monster, you don't belong in this world!

EDIT: I'm talking about the Ridley in the image btw, just to be precise.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Pyra Pyra
You’re easily the worst here m8. But that’s not saying much because since everyone here is pretty great, and you’re included, you’re pretty great.

I know you pick on yourself at times and have a hard time forgiving yourself, even for minor things, but just know that I’m slowly learning to love you. Finally!

I know you try to put on a big facade of confidence and pride, but maybe that’s not just a farce. Maybe you truly have confidence, but you’re hiding behind faking it just because you’re afraid of being knocked down a peg.
Continue working on yourself. It’s rough right now, but if you take care and improve yourself, you’ll eventually meet all your goals.

It’s hard, I know, to live with being so trapped in your own mind sometimes that you end up bullying yourself, either via OCD, Major Depression, GAD, or just genuine put-downs. But remember- you’re your own worst critic.

You have a surprising amount of people that genuinely enjoy your company, and you need to realize that most of the time, people aren’t just saying things because it’s nice.

You have a wonderful girlfriend and lots of open doors.

I hope you go far in your life. I hope you can run a business, own property, have a family, and be debt free. I wish you luck, my friend.
We've been so busy complimenting each other, we forget to compliment ourselves.

But self-love is just as important, if not more so. Good on you for doin' this, mate. It's easy to put yourself down for the sake of making others look good, but acknowledging what's good about you goes a long way.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Compliment post #9:

Hinata Hinata goddamn is it hard to tag you. :laugh: You're the kind of friend I could invite to anything. You're emotionally intelligent, able to read a room and be exactly what the mood needs. You're funny, you're introspective, you're calm, you're fiery; you're whatever you want to be in that moment and it always comes off as entirely genuine. You're not afraid to be antagonistic when someone's being an ***hole, and you're the first to celebrate with someone who's excited about something. You're just a damn good bro, sis. Never change. (And share more cool shirts.)

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Yeah, about that.

Does anyone here who knew me under those names recognized me before Shiny post that?

Also, hey AndreaAC AndreaAC , sorry for not tagging you before! I like to thank you too for the support you gave me in the past. :)
XD No problem! I seriously thought you were someone else entirely until I saw your spritework! I apologize for that, Hunter! ;) And no need to thank me, anything for a friend!

D

Deleted member

But self-love is just as important, if not more so. Good on you for doin' this, mate. It's easy to put yourself down for the sake of making others look good, but acknowledging what's good about you goes a long way.
The real compliments were the friends we made along the way.

D

Deleted member

But what if I'm garbage tho

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
People are doing thankies?

I'm not gonna write long ass posts because I have An exam in the morning, but:

PeridotGX PeridotGX you're a kind Guy and thanks to you I found MYM, amazing!

Zinith Zinith The first Guy I immediately recognised as "a famous Boarder" when making my account, a Sobble supporter to my liking and the other thing (you know the one)

@Thesaurus30 Wanted to merge brains with me over a common interest in sadistically difficult words. Keeps the intelectual level high (sometimes)

@Brelooming Disaster probably the sobrest Guy here. Your remarks always hit home.

Just a penguin Just a penguin one of the funniest people here, by far!

@faygoshill also really ****ing funny and any fan of Xenoblade is great in my book. A bit Edgy lately though.

Noipoi Noipoi You are litterally the heart and soul of this thread, man. So much energy!

Moydow Moydow and @Shishœ you supported my failed tournament untill the bitter end. That means a lot to me! Pakky Pakky you did too but your posts creep me out sometimes.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! I think it's freaking amazing that you do actual voiceover work and that you're working on an actual game.

KMDP KMDP your wholesome take on some of the more derailed topics on this thread are always a very welcome Change of pace.

@JDCabrera you're very high in the witty-funny-guy category and I honestly think I always enjoy all your posts.

@Onereasonanddone I actually forgot what you usually post about but I remember your présence quite prominently and Sigma is awesome!

Pyra Pyra you're An amazing Guy and probably the one who indirectly tought me it's okay to talk about personal issues here (even though it's technically not) and I'm very thankfull for that.

Diem Diem I have to admit that I've never Read any of your long posts in completion, but what I Read of it is always very well thought out and I highly appreciate anyone putting as much effort into a post as you do. Also since Metroid Prime is my favourite game of all time, you're very allright!

G GeneralHamlock start posting, dammit, you'd fit right in!

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku you post so frequent (and good) that you deserve to be mentioned. Also your username is epic. Have I ever said that? I don't believe I've said that.

I'm out of Juice but the following people deserve to know they'd be on this post if Inthought of them sooner:
staindgrey staindgrey , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , osby osby , SneakyLink SneakyLink , Gentlepanda Gentlepanda , Cyn Cyn , DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon

Edit: people added out of shame because they DEFINITELY should have been here in the first place:
Wademan94 Wademan94 , Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen and probably a lot more to come

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I mean, I love this, this is the best I've ever seen this thread! But in my current situation, watching everyone get compliments, and being left out of most of these, is just doing more harm than good to me. I know that sounds really bad, and I'm sorry, but I really have to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom