• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
God okay
Yeah folks that was way more emotional for me than I anticipated because of certain struggles I have so I’m probably gonna try and recover for the next hour
I’ll be back later

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Compliment posts?

Well, I'm not much active here... I have been active in the last few days mostly because there's the 3.0 update coming soon and I'm waiting for news, but usually I rarely interact with you people.
Though, this thread has always been a fun place, even when there are heated debates such as during the Grinch Leak days (that was actually stressful though).
I don't want to name anyone because I know so little about you and I don't know what to say for most people here.

Anyway, you all are great people, and even if the discussion often becomes weird (dogs, adventures inside Thanos, etc.) I can't stop to read your comments because they are a lot of fun!

I also appreciate when this thread gets creative and people post drawings, stories, and so. I just like that kind of stuff.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Compliment post #9:

Hinata Hinata goddamn is it hard to tag you. :laugh: You're the kind of friend I could invite to anything. You're emotionally intelligent, able to read a room and be exactly what the mood needs. You're funny, you're introspective, you're calm, you're fiery; you're whatever you want to be in that moment and it always comes off as entirely genuine. You're not afraid to be antagonistic when someone's being an ***hole, and you're the first to celebrate with someone who's excited about something. You're just a damn good bro, sis. Never change. (And share more cool shirts.)
One day I'll have a username that's easier to tag, I promise.

But thanks, mate. Means a lot to hear that.

D

Deleted member

@Shishœ : They have been my friend ever since the beginning. They are funny, kind, fun to play with in Smash, smart, and the slayer of bigots. I remember all of those Ganon dittos we did in Smash 4, those were good times. Also I would like to thank them for defending me during the bad times.

@Brelooming Disaster : A nice user who is a blast to have as of now. He also likes Pokemon, something I like as well, and I think most of us. I hope things improve for him!

Idon Idon : That Lyn-Loving SMTV weeb who is really fun to be. He is good at Smash Bros, and he can be funny as well while retaining his cleverness.

Mythra Mythra : I remember you from the beginning, and you never changed. You continue to be funny, and you are never old. You are also a good artist, and I hope you stay safe.

Yellowlord Yellowlord : Okay, I probably tagged him too many times, but he is such a nice user. He just wants everyone to be happy and have a good time, and I hope he is doing good in college.

Coricus Coricus : A nice user who has the same tastes as I do, and is quite smart. I really like how she is friendly to everyone, and she understands the indie games that I have just started playing.

praline praline : I have remembered you since the beginning as well. A nice user who is also quite chill, and they are very nice to me. They can be funny as well, like that time when she destroyed Pokechu recently.

FalKoopa FalKoopa : I do not remember him for SmashBoards, but he is a very nice Twitter user. I highly recommend you go see his twitter: https://twitter.com/FalKoopa_
He is super funny, super nice and he makes really good art!

AndreaAC AndreaAC : A really friendly user who makes very nice Ridley drawings. I remember all of the funny drawings they made, such as the one of my internet router burning, Yoshi getting flung by Ridley, and the nice Rosaliana and Ridley images. All of your drawings are a blast, and you are an ice user in general!

Opossum Opossum : Another user I have met since the beginning. He is quite nice, relaxed, and an expert on almost anything. Mythology, Fire Emblem, you name it. I really like his points that are quite honest and he pulls this thread to the right direction. Also congratulations to him for Chrom in Smash Bros.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

We've been so busy complimenting each other, we forget to compliment ourselves.

But self-love is just as important, if not more so. Good on you for doin' this, mate. It's easy to put yourself down for the sake of making others look good, but acknowledging what's good about you goes a long way.
Okay um I guess I'll try complimenting myself, I haven't done that in forever though.

Um I'm not all that Smart compared to most people, I have little to no confidence in myself cause of the way I lived growing up and cause of Personal experiences, I'm not all that stand out, I'm shy and quiet in real life but I'm at least loyal to the things and people I like.

Take my loyalty to Geno as an example I know he's unlikely, I know he has little to no chance nor am I expecting him yet I'm not giving up on him and I still root for him even though I don't expect him, I'm a loyal person.

I'm also a loyal person towards my friends and I stick with them through anything and I try my best to be there for them even though I'm dumb I try my best for them and to help them whenever I can.

I also never know when to give up and I'm a determined person as even though I know some stuff I want won't happen I don't stop rooting for them I never stop fighting for them.

I'm also kind apparently, that's at least what others tell me. I don't know if I am though.

So I'm dumb, I'm Shy, I'm Not very stand out yet I'm also Loyal, Kind and Determined. I guess that's fine I don't know.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Okay um I guess I'll try complimenting myself, I haven't done that in forever though.

Um I'm not all that Smart compared to most people, I have little to no confidence in myself cause of the way I lived growing up and cause of Personal experiences, I'm not all that stand out, I'm shy and quiet in real life but I'm at least loyal to the things and people I like.

Take my loyalty to Geno as an example I know he's unlikely, I know he has little to no chance nor am I expecting him yet I'm not giving up on him and I still root for him even though I don't expect him, I'm a loyal person.

I'm also a loyal person towards my friends and I stick with them through anything and I try my best to be there for them even though I'm dumb I try my best for them and to help them whenever I can.

I also never know when to give up and I'm a determined person as even though I know some stuff I want won't happen I don't stop rooting for them I never stop fighting for them.

I'm also kind apparently, that's at least what others tell me. I don't know if I am though.

So I'm dumb, I'm Shy, I'm Not very stand out yet I'm also Loyal, Kind and Determined. I guess that's fine I don't know.
YOU CAN COMPLIMENT YOURSELF BETTER THAN THAT! I BELIEVE IN YOU!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Compliment post #10:

Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones your ability to not just keep an open mind but to actively listen to what people say and truly consider their thoughts worthwhile is your defining trait. So many debates-- in general, but especially on the internet-- end with neither party having changed in the slightest, making the whole thing a waste of time. But you have the self-control and aptitude to follow new lines of thinking that every time you come into the thread I can see you actively learning. You ask questions with the full intent of finding new answers, and not just to confirm your already held beliefs. That is a trait I admire and work hard to apply to myself. You make it look so easy.

D

Deleted member

But self-love is just as important, if not more so. Good on you for doin' this, mate. It's easy to put yourself down for the sake of making others look good, but acknowledging what's good about you goes a long way.
I used to hate myself, but now I began to appreciate myself. I am not perfect, and I make a lot of mistakes in here, and I have no friends, but people like me IRL and in here. I also know that in my life, whether short or long, I will always try to do the right thing.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

I'd love to compliment myself but there's not much to compliment.
Well, since Noone else is doing it, here goes:
You're really tall

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
It’s hard for me to talk about most specific people but I love all of you guys so much and it’s a pleasure to be friends with all of u guys, gals, and etc :D

Roberk

Smash Champion
@ This Thread: Thank y’all for letting me have a place to talk. Not about anything specific, it’s just nice to be able to express what I want to communicate to others without my IRL stutter. As long as I follow the rules, of course, I feel like I have a lot more freedom in this thread compared to real life because I don’t have to feel pressured by getting my words out fast enough, or be avoiding using certain parts of my speech anatomy that would make me tense up. It’s just nice to be a part of a community.

Last edited:

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
Pyra Pyra : "I'll post a message demanding that the thread has to be wholesome. What's the worst that can happen?"

*everyone starts thanking each other and talking about how grateful they are to have met such great people*

TB:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I gotta compliment Mythra Mythra for being the horniest and most humble lad I've met. Dude draws loods for me every day; Trve Brah.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It's not complimenting yourself if you put yourself down during it! Dig deep! What do you like about yourself? No negatives! Don't say "oh i'm this good thing but i'm also this bad thing and also i don't really think i'm even that good thing"! Only good things about yourself! Go!

D

Deleted member

I gotta compliment Mythra Mythra for being the horniest lad I've met. Dude draws loods for me every day; Trve Brah.
You have more personality and character than Mythra from XC2, even though she has a lot of character and personality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Pyra Pyra : "I'll post a message demanding that the thread has to be wholesome. What's the worst that can happen?"

*everyone starts thanking each other and talking about how grateful they are to have met such great people*

TB:
I enjoy everyone complimenting each other, but complimenting myself hurt me a bit

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , I may have not make it clear before, but I really appriciate the support you gave me earlier.

I don't know much about you, but what I do know is that you aren't a bad person, quit the contrary in fact, and I say that, while the others don't show it, I am sure they do care about you, and if you don't think so, then I hope this post will help fix that. :)

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
T This Thread : Thank y’all for letting me have a place to talk. Not about anything specific, it’s just nice to be able to express what I want to communicate to others without my IRL stutter. As long as I follow the rules, of course, I feel like I have a lot more freedom in this thread compared to real life because I don’t have to feel pressured by getting my words out fast enough, or be avoiding using certain parts of my speech anatomy that would make me tense up. It’s just nice to be a part of a community.
T This Thread is gonna be so confused when he logs in 5 years or so.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I'm kind of crap at individual compliments (I always feel like it's going to sound insincere) but you're all great. Including you. Yes, you, reading this post. And those of you who can't read :ultpit:

For real though, if only we'd shown all this wholesomeness a few months ago, then perhaps the Grinch's heart would've grown three sizes and he wouldn't have framed an innocent Frenchman

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
mention me again senpai

also y'all are all cool and there's far too many to tag right now which is a good problem to have

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
It's not complimenting yourself if you put yourself down during it! Dig deep! What do you like about yourself? No negatives! Don't say "oh i'm this good thing but i'm also this bad thing and also i don't really think i'm even that good thing"! Only good things about yourself! Go!
I'd love to compliment myself but there's not much to compliment.
Well, since Noone else is doing it, here goes:
You're really tall
Technically my compliment to myself only contained positives

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Uh oh, I'm going to make a compliment MEGA-POST! Y'all only have yourselves to blame for this. :mybodyisreggie:
staindgrey staindgrey My fellow Oregonian, you may be kind of grumpy, but you're absolutely a pleasure to have in the thread. I can always be sure you'll be mature about things. And you're good at Smash. At least enough to kick my ass numerous times.
Opossum Opossum You're just the best. I appreciate that you can both enjoy a ****post, and also put your foot down and be serious, too.
Noipoi Noipoi You have a fun and excellent style to your art, and you're just friendly all around. I enjoy your positivity.
DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon You sir, are quite perspicacious. Know that you're pretty smart, and your efforts in this thread aren't wasted.
osby osby Congrats on becoming a mod. You certainly have earned it. Your willingness to be understanding is there, and you're also not afraid to call out bull**** when you see it.
Idon Idon I'm glad you put up with your frustration about Smash's roster and your favorite series to hang out here. You're pretty funny and can be quite insightful, too.
@Onereasonanddone You're just a premier ****poster. And that's wonderful. I can trust your posts will give me a good laugh.
Gentlepanda Gentlepanda Same for you, my guy. You have great comedic timing and the thread would be duller without your humorous interjection.
@faygoshill You're also pretty funny. You've got lots of heart and keep the thread positive.
@JDCabrera I know you don't always know how to react to the thread, but you're just such a wholesome and friendly guy. Keep it up.
Moydow Moydow You're a great presence in the thread. I can trust you to be level-headed and concerned for others. Also you have given me more Lucina match-up knowledge than I could ask for.
Diem Diem You're a great writer. I'm glad you're willing to type out so much without fear of no one reading it. You bring a nice rationality to the thread.
@ShinyLegendary I know you insist no one likes you, but you're great. You have a boundless energy that is nice to see. Don't worry about likes. People here like you.
Pyra Pyra You're just such a nice guy. No one is as open and earnest as you can be.
Shroob Shroob You're a great all-around fellow. You're just great to see around, since you are very welcoming and chill.
PsySmasher PsySmasher You're also good all-around. If one person can give good feedback about the game we all claim to play, it's you.
KarneraMythos KarneraMythos You're such a friendly person. I'm always surprised by what you might bring next, be it a drawing, writing, or joke.
ClaTheBae ClaTheBae You're a wonderfully amicable guy who's willing to have fun, but you're also pretty no-nonsense, and I respect that.
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen I don't interact with you much, but you're smart and perceptive and you don't tolerate bull****. That's pretty good.
@Shishœ I respect you for similar reasons. Also you can claim to stan Etrian Odyssey, and that's pretty cool.
@ShotoStar You're an earnest guy and you always mean well. I feel like you always try your best to improve and that's great.
NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy You were and are the "cool mod." You still carry out your mod duties, but you are super friendly and funny all the same.
@GothFluttershy I know you have struggled with the thread in the past, and for this moment I'm ignoring that. I know you can be amicable and jovial, and I don't hate you. Just know that I know that you usually mean well, and you can always improve for the better.
Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones I always find reading your posts a treat. You have such a great way of presenting yourself that I'm always pleased to see you. And your analytical posts are great.
@Bolderousness I don't know you too well, seeing as how you only recently popped into this thread, but you're willing to discuss and be chums with us. And you mentioned me in your post, so I gotta return the favor.
KMDP KMDP You've always been a very friendly person, and you can bring a real pleasantness to the thread when you're here.
Okay. This took more than 30 minutes and might be out-of-date when it arrives, but I had to be kinda thorough. Please, there are others who browse this thread that I probably didn't mention, don't worry. You're all great, too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom