• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSD Winter Game Fest IV - 1/17-18/09 -$4000 Pot - Melee MLK Monday 1/19

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
there wont be a melee tournament, but i'm sure there are going to be melee side TVs like every brawl tournament. And yes ALL the tournaments outside of smash are free, so there won't be cash payouts for those. Instead our sponsors will give prizes such as: Xbox360 games, Steele Series Gaming Hardware (top line mice and keyboards) and other things of that nature.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
i only have good things to say about the logitech G5 laser mouse (2 thumb button variant)
when i opened the package i thought it felt REALLY WEIRD but you get used to the scratchy texture and it wears down pretty quickly.

mio

Smash Ace
It's probably a long shot... but if you get DDR (on an Extreme or Supernova 1/2 arcade machine) as an event there, you can guarantee at least 30 more participants who will spend their money. Plus, pretty much everyone in the DDR community is a tournament organizer, so it would not be hard to run it.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
Pat.......tell me theres guitar hero.

OMFG a straight noob walked away with a macbook pro last year....that **** AINT happening this time.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Sorry mio no DDR. They usually have a few soft pads and one metal one, but only for casual play from what I understand.

Romeo - There is GH3. You got this.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Pat.......tell me theres guitar hero.

OMFG a straight noob walked away with a macbook pro last year....that **** AINT happening this time.
I dunno, that guy who won the GH tournament doesn't strum through the intro of TTFAF like some people :laugh:

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
I dunno, that guy who won the GH tournament doesn't strum through the intro of TTFAF like some people :laugh:

LOL if you mean the first strum, then yea my bad idk any other way...otherwise i hit em all wiht just one hand.

And that "guy" who "won" also got 200something on DWDTG....my little brother seriously does bettter than that. *** that was a waste...i was seriously cringing at how fuking bad they ALL were when i watched the videos.

Miharu

Smash Hero
LOL if you mean the first strum, then yea my bad idk any other way...otherwise i hit em all wiht just one hand.

And that "guy" who "won" also got 200something on DWDTG....my little brother seriously does bettter than that. *** that was a waste...i was seriously cringing at how fuking bad they ALL were when i watched the videos.
That was my reaction when I was watching DotA last year.

Miharu

Smash Hero
no idea, don't really play cs :x

But yeah, frozenserpent and i were considering just entering as us 2 + 3 randoms last year rofl

aznforce817

Smash Lord
lolll well im pretty interested in how sick this is going to be. cs is freakin intense. Dota of course is intense in its own special way i believe. i would not know cuz i've never played dota once in my life... :p mango teach me dota. lolol

Miharu

Smash Hero
i used to be all about dota, lol
I got decent (up to a semi-competitive/competitive level) just as .48b (dagger era) phased out.

****ing stupid ricing games. Although I hear that .55 is going to be more of a gank-oriented version (coming from beta testers).

Hmm, wonder what version they're going to run here.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i was a beta tester for a while, but it's not worth it. gank oriented dota started a while back and really started to ruin everything

Miharu

Smash Hero
What?

Farming's so boring though @@

Right now it's mostly 1 ward***** 2 hard gankers 1 semicarry 1 hard carry as opposed to old dagger era

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
that was back when i played pretty much em pubs only and didnt know what last hitting was

now i play ap and still suck at last hitting

Top Bottom