• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCI Whenever-ies: Thursday 4/03 @ 6 p.m.

yes!

Smash Apprentice
ahaha mike. i might go to that UC tourney. if i do make it, maybe i'll see you? train me :^)

Dodger

Smash Ace
Mike Yoon's friend?! What am I, chopped liver? sheesh. You should go on saturday though, Jimmy. You need more tourney experience.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
hey, i dont know what really happened at that last supposed smashfest, i dropped by but nobody answered the door. i dont think people really knew what was going on. anyway, i wish this would start up again. even if it's just a few people i know uci has good players and i need to get better.

Dodger

Smash Ace
Oh crap, really? Sorry about that. I gave confusing directions I know. The address I provided is for an apartment, but we weren't actually IN the apartment. We were downstairs, in a common room for the whole building. I'm so sorry for the confusion.

As for more smashfests, I personally won't be able to run one again until winter quarter. But one of my friends is free to do it. (Jimmy?)

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
hopefully this is all taken care of by next fall, since im going to be transferring over there =T

byronicbluez

Smash Rookie
hey

Finals over, you think I can stop by during break and go a few rounds? Haven't smashed in a while.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
hate to keep bringing this thread back up, but i like smash and i'm looking for all the competition I can get. If anyone's holding a smashfest i'd like to come. If you don't want it publicized just PM me. I'm no scrub, I can definitely hold my own.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
i go to uci. someone play me :p

IM me at invertigox827 any time, i live at berkeley court. always down to play.

edrees sent me

Dodger

Smash Ace
We should definitely try and plan for a smashfest or tourney during the first week of winter. quarter. What do you think Azeem?

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
Alright. Gimme a list of the schooldays that you guys are available. I go home on friday evenings for the weekend, so Mon-Thur. preferably.... well, only mon-thurs haha. roger do your roomies mind people being up late and playing smash? i dont think mines wil mind if we dont make a lot of noise, but thats hard to do sometimes haha so if we can have it at your place thatd be good, if not we can always do it at my place but SHHHH lol. as long as it dont go too late, we can always start at like 5 or 6 and maybe end by midnight. maybe that ex-UCI noob mike will come, we seriously shouldve won the UC crews hahaha.

Dodger

Smash Ace
how many people are interested in this? If it's just a handful then I think my roommates will be all right with it. But if there's enough interest, I can try and get the room we used last time.

edit: as for the day, I'd prefer either monday or wednesday, but I could go on tuesday or thursday most likely.

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
schmooguy ive never seen you anywhere have i haha. i heard of you going to that cyberdeck smash stuff but i never saw you there, but yeah here you are again :laugh:

people who i iNSIST try to come:

stephen
roger
shiat i forget name, but j a pinoy boy <--Mad props to this guy, hes one of the better people at UCI so you guys needa get together with him and smash it up
his friend haha ive never met you but i know ur on the boards
schmooguy
albertsons guy, i forgot ur name too sorryz lol
MIKE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOON the godfather of UCI smash OH EM GEE
and then my roomies/neighbors will be there.

yeahuhz!

Dodger

Smash Ace
Actually, scratch what I said earlier. I'd definitely prefer to do this tuesday or thursday.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
schmooguy ive never seen you anywhere have i haha. i heard of you going to that cyberdeck smash stuff but i never saw you there, but yeah here you are again :laugh:
Hm, I was at the Riverside tourney, but no we never met. The sooner this gets started the earlier we'll meet. Your samus has quite a reputation so I'm looking forward to playing you.

Dodger

Smash Ace
So I'mma just throw a date out there, because that seems to be the best way to ensure that things like this don't die. Thursday, January 11th, at Azeems? Or do you want me to try and get that other room?

Dodger

Smash Ace
Hey, I was a (bored) compsci major at mesa :-)

Azeem, I'm not sure I'll be able to get that room in time. Can we do this at your place?

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
ahh i dunno if i can have my place full with that many people yet. we can always move hte day to like thursday roger. can you get it for then? thatd be awesome

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces

people who i iNSIST try to come:

stephen
roger
shiat i forget name, but j a pinoy boy <--Mad props to this guy, hes one of the better people at UCI so you guys needa get together with him and smash it up
his friend haha ive never met you but i know ur on the boards
schmooguy
albertsons guy, i forgot ur name too sorryz lol
MIKE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOON the godfather of UCI smash OH EM GEE
and then my roomies/neighbors will be there.

yeahuhz!
omg, what discrimination, no ucsd players???

byronicbluez

Smash Rookie
Hey yellow dart, I got huge block of free time between classes this quarter, when are you usually up for smash?

It was cool last Friday dodger, despite me and my friend getting owned. Lol seriously, that was probably the first time we ever fought a C. Falcon. Learned some interesting new tricks from you guys. You up for smashing against us noobs this friday? I'll bring Ke a wired controller so he can put up a better fight against you.

Dodger

Smash Ace
Ok guys, I don't think that I'll be able to get that room for tomorrow. I tried contacting my CA but she hasn't responded. Sorry guys!

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
Let's Just play in the Administration building. I'll talk to my buddy Michael Drake. He's too cool. :)

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
whats going on with this? ive never played any of you except edrees, eager to smash and learn. im at berkeley court if anyone wants to come over. call me if you wanna smash.

562 392 0766

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Let's get this going, yeah? All we need is one venue or someone's house and a couple people to bring TVs and stuff and we can smash. Not everyone will be free on the same day, but if someone just comes up with a reasonable time then i'm sure a lot of people will go. I know there's a lot of interest in and around UCI, and I wanna meet those people. But mostly I just want to play Azeem/Mike Y haha.

Top Bottom