• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCI Whenever-ies: Thursday 4/03 @ 6 p.m.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
If you guys started setting up stable dates on like Friday or something, more people like meeeee would come out =)

Dodger

Smash Ace
Hey any irvine people want to smash tonight? I'd say around 5 at the earliest but if you prefer later that's fine. call me at (626) 388-8801. AIM Dodger724

ObiWanBaloney

Smash Rookie
So is this thing still going on? I would love to play a round of smash whenever.

I'm in Woodhall in Middle Earth but unfortunately nobody in the building, myself included, has the game. Plus, I would like to meet the smash community here anyways so I hope everyone is still playing regularly =)

Dodger

Smash Ace
That post was made several weeks ago, so no. I will, however, have some free time coming up next week. I'd be glad to smash with you then. But as that's our Finals week, you probably won't be free.

ObiWanBaloney

Smash Rookie
Nice quick reply. I'm actually pretty free finals week Monday through Thrusday since both of my finals should occur around morning time in addition to one of them being confirmed to be on Friday morning.

With that said, I believe we could work something out with relative convenience :)

Edit: Invertigo, are you Ollie by any chance?

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
Middle Earth people suck. It's all about, and has always BEEN about, Mesa Court.

I have bias against Middle Earth since Azeem lived there.

DCmoney1255

Smash Journeyman
hey azeem, whens the next time u guys playin smash? im the guy from irvine u talked to at luigis tournament..

Dodger

Smash Ace
ObiWan, I'm free Tuesday say from 1:00 onward. Would that be all right with you? (Anyone else, feel free to chime in, the more the merrier!)

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
no but i have a brother who goes by ollie.

invertigo is a tag he copied from me. i assume youre alex.

guys if you want to play, post your number here and ill call you next time i go to azeem's place. (i go a few times a week)

call me with questions. my phone number is somewhere in this thread.

ObiWanBaloney

Smash Rookie
ObiWan, I'm free Tuesday say from 1:00 onward. Would that be all right with you? (Anyone else, feel free to chime in, the more the merrier!)
The afternoon of the 20th would be great. I assume that it is the same location as mentioned on the first page? If so, then I'll see everyone there on Tuesday.

---
And yea, I am Alex.

My # is 714-391-3700 just in case.

Dodger

Smash Ace
Yeah, unless I get the feeling that A LOT of people show up, I figure we can just do this in my apartment.

VDC Norte, Building 290, Apt. 72. (The number on the door will be 29072, but that's just bldg. # + apt. #)

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
up to you. most people cant play well without their own. i can bring one if you need.

p.s. its a wavebird.

Dodger

Smash Ace
I will not be able to provide controllers if you don't bring one yourself.

Is anyone besides Invertigo and Obiwan planning to come to this? I just want to know how many people to expect.

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
ROGER! good luck with finals. I havent seen you since last year. :(

And good luck to everyone else with finals too! :)

...except Uhzeeme.

OcarinaLink

Smash Journeyman
Well, finals are over at UCI, and it's spring break. I just stumbled upon this thread, since I'm looking around for new people to play against outside of my roommates. If you guys are down for smash sometime this week, Tuesday, Thursday, or the weekend sounds good to me. I live in Berkeley Courts, but I'm willing to come down to any place that's near UCI.

PM me if someone's holding something. I'll keep this thread bookmarked in the meantime.

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
lets play a UCI pizza night. BRILLIANT IDEA! if 10 people come, everyone must play 5 matches. For every match you lose, you put in 2 bucks, so a max of 10 bucks haha. Then we use that money to buy pizza LOL.. or we can all pitch in and buy pizza/play smash together. Anyways, DCmoney is somoene ive yet to smash with form UCI, and this dude above me =) and stephen its been a while, and fukkin wilbur never wants to pass smash haha, and roger, and random dartmoth guy who i saw at my apt, and many more... ill try to get a hold of u all and well plan something, itll be too fun. but 1st week of school for me, can you guys plan a day?

Ky Kiske

Smash Ace
I'm going back home tomorrow but I'll be back sometime Saturday, probably in the morning. Is there anyone who can't make it on that day? It's been a while since I played Smash with my fellow anteaters.

OcarinaLink

Smash Journeyman
I'm personally thinking pizza with smash rocks. I'm up for Saturday too, when Ky comes back. And you mentioned wilbur being there?! Holy snap, then I have to go; still need to pay him back for what his Falco did to me, lol. PM me you guys decide on a date.

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
so im thinking week 1 of of the quarter, on a monday night. How does that sound to you guys? Meet up at my place or roger's place at like 4 to midnightish? That'd work for me.

Dodger

Smash Ace
a week from today. I'm probably free any night the first week of the quarter. Monday night sounds good to me.

OcarinaLink

Smash Journeyman
Monday night, Week 1, sounds good to me. I won't be able to show up until 7:30pm, though; got class until 7pm. Also, someone needs to give me an address to go to.

And there better be pizza!!!!

Dodger

Smash Ace
Given the way the rules are setup, I wouldn't expect either of you to pay more than a few bucks ;-)

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
okay so Monday night at my place, get there around 6, and we'll order pizza at around 7.

Special guest: MYKE Y

People coming so far that i know about:

roger
wilbur
Byron
DCmoney
OcarlnaLink
Stephen?
Prolly my neighbors haha

ObiWanBaloney

Smash Rookie
Hey now, the former of the two sets of rules you suggested isn't fair to some of us who are less experienced :laugh: :laugh:

But anyways, where exactly is it going to be? I've never been to this place before and I couldn't find an address in this thread.

Top Bottom