• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight of Smash 2! Nov. 4; Ottawa, ON, Canada

Fogel

Smash Lord
I've been reading but haven't had time to post/update. Sorry about that. It looks like my city's not so generous for housing :(

I'm trying to talk to GPWN! about how many people he can house, but he's not answering msn right now. As far as I can tell, the following people still need housing: pkm, H4, ThatGuy, Jarc, BigRick. Did I miss anyone? Like I said, I can only house 3 more people. GPWN can probably house the other 2, so we should be good as long as not too many more people need housing.

pkm, you and H4 can stay with me since you guys helped Pwn Party out for STYD (unless you'd prefer to go to GPWNs). Sorry to the others, but it's only fair to help those who have housed me in the past first. So, if pkm and H4 are staying with me, then I only have 1 more spot. If Jih's going to GPWNs on his own though, Damax might be able to take another person in his car (it's up to him though...I'm just suggesting here) which would mean whoever that is can stay at my house (since everyone in his car is staying at my place).

I'm sorry to those I can't house, but there's a limit to how many people I can have in my car and basement. Honestly, I'm disappointed that no one from Ottawa is stepping up to help out here.

Jih

Smash Journeyman
I've been reading but haven't had time to post/update. Sorry about that. It looks like my city's not so generous for housing :(

I'm trying to talk to GPWN! about how many people he can house, but he's not answering msn right now. As far as I can tell, the following people still need housing: pkm, H4, ThatGuy, Jarc, BigRick. Did I miss anyone? Like I said, I can only house 3 more people. GPWN can probably house the other 2, so we should be good as long as not too many more people need housing.

pkm, you and H4 can stay with me since you guys helped Pwn Party out for STYD (unless you'd prefer to go to GPWNs). Sorry to the others, but it's only fair to help those who have housed me in the past first. So, if pkm and H4 are staying with me, then I only have 1 more spot. If Jih's going to GPWNs on his own though, Damax might be able to take another person in his car (it's up to him though...I'm just suggesting here) which would mean whoever that is can stay at my house (since everyone in his car is staying at my place).

I'm sorry to those I can't house, but there's a limit to how many people I can have in my car and basement. Honestly, I'm disappointed that no one from Ottawa is stepping up to help out here.

didnt you read GPWN! by chesterr post? ... i tough us HH were staying at GPWN! place...

Damax

Smash Lord
Actually I'm getting lost... I was staying over to do something on sunday but since ganonpwn said "those who stay at my place and maybe HH since they asked me first" but if that maybe's a no and we don't stay at ganon pwn this mean no smashfest for HHs and no smashfest for HHs = me leaving saturday night

Jih

Smash Journeyman
Actually I'm getting lost... I was staying over to do something on sunday but since ganonpwn said "those who stay at my place and maybe HH since they asked me first" but if that maybe's a no and we don't stay at ganon pwn this mean no smashfest for HHs and no smashfest for HHs = me leaving saturday night
agreed:urg:

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
is there a kanata driver? my aunt lives there and i think she can house me! >_>

i can probably invite 2 more ppl, if you dont mind the awkwardness...there are quite a few spare bedrooms, so yeah...

but yeah thats my last resort. i rather just go to smasher's basement and get wasted and playing smash.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Since pkm and H4 are staying with me, I only have 1 spot left for housing.

Elef: Dice or Locke) might be able to help you out. You should PM/MSN them though, since they don't know how to read threads, only how to post stuff on them :D

Locke)

Smash Ace
As it stands November 4th is heavy in terms of homework, but since I was housed for STYD I'll try and house a few people. It'd only be for friday night unfortunately. But yah I'll keep you updated.

Dice

Smash Lord
Brian is correct, nov 4 lies right in the middle of mid-terms, which means the sunday is a heavy study day since these tests are usually worth about 30% of our mark >_<

Fogel

Smash Lord
I went to GPWN!'s yesterday, Shuriken and Tect said they can probably house people too. I asked them to post once they know the details. Both of them live pretty close to the tournament and bus station. So don't worry Montrealers, there should be housing for everyone!

Dice

Smash Lord
Not for us, I have 2 mid terms during that week if I remember correctly, stupid university

Locke)

Smash Ace
Yeah so all that implies is that people I potentially house can't stay till sunday, it would only be overnight friday. And elef the pwn party is from Kanata that's it.

ehjay111

Smash Apprentice
Im gonna try and make it to this. Im just looking for the experience, and alot of friendlies. Anyone wanna face a mid level smasher in friendliess tell me.

tect

Smash Journeyman
yo guys,

k, i'm in for singles and i can bring a tv a cube and cords. are we gonna need vcrs?

i'm not too sure about housing though.. sorry guys, i'll post more on teh subject later.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Ok, so Pools totally destroyed Double Elim, I'm not even going to bother counting the votes. I'm going to run the pools FC6 style, but I think we'd be having 2 rounds of pools instead of 3 (not enough time/people). The pools would be split up by crew, so you should get to play mostly people you don't play against often. It's looking like we won't have more than 32 people, so the first round of pools will determine the top 16, then the second round will determine the top 8. After that there will be a top 8 double elim tournament.

Now, let's start the vote for which other event will run. The options are:

- Doubles
- Regional Crews (ie: Ontario (Ottawa?) vs. Quebec (Montreal?))
- Crews (ie: 3-5 person crews, not big crews)
- Low Tier

Vote for ONE of these options. The one that gets the most votes will be the other event run at ToS2 aside from singles. I'll consider running the second-place vote as a third event if we have enough time.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Doubles. Personnally, I think we should start out with doubles, then do singles, then whatever the **** we want according to time. It would be nice if we could like, make this tournament as efficient and fast as possible, but I always say that, and there's always a bunch of ****s not cooperate,so whatever... my two cents.

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
Doubles, then Singles, then either Regional Crew battle or Low Tier Tourny, depends on how many frenchies show up =p

D

Deleted member

I say a 4 litre milk drinking contest. Can it be done in 1 hour?

WHO KNOWS??!!??

Dice

Smash Lord
low tier instead of regional, because it'll end up being Ottawa vs Quebec lol

bety

Smash Rookie
we are new wiht tourny but me and pikalex should be there .... for vote i dont know all of them :S

Damax

Smash Lord
Aside from chet, every single one of you gets an F in reading. Chet gets A+.
*goes back to playing Disgaea 2*

or try and figure out things. when people says Double, singles, (random ****/ ****2)

so everyone gets an F at writing for not bothering to explain their votes.

means they agree to chet's post by placing the first option they want... (singles is stuck in cement so don't bother) Third is the optional part according to time.

Top Bottom