• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight of Smash 2! Nov. 4; Ottawa, ON, Canada

Fogel

Smash Lord

It's Twilight of Smash 2! Can you stop nox's mad hacking, penii-flexing skillz? Can you stop Dice from challenging everyone on Smashboards to an MM? Can you stop the EC smash community from posting in threads that have long since outlived their purpose? NO, you can't!

But, you can come to ToS2 instead!

I had a lot of compliments for ToS1, most people seemed pretty happy with it. I'm going to do my best to address some of the complaints (people not putting a high enough priority on tournament matches, having to wait around for people to show up for their matches). I'll have a more set schedule for which events will run once a few things have been decided, so read on!

==================================================

Date: Saturday, November 4, 2006

15 Aylmer Avenue
Ottawa, ON

The tournament itself will be held in a room on the second floor of the church (exact room number to be posted later).

To get inside to where the tourney is held, use the BACK entrance (the one in the parking lot). We only have a key for the back door, as other people will be using the upper part of the church. If you go to the front door, either no one will answer the door, or at best they won't know what 'Smash Brothers' tournament you're talking about. Make sure you use the correct door!

Another issue is that the doors lock automatically. The room where the tournament will be is far away from the door, so if you want to go out and get food etc. someone has to wait by the door and let you back in. Either ask one of your friends, or ask myself or other tournament staff.

Directions:

Driving: The church is about a 10-15 minute drive from the CC where I had my smashfests before. I suggest taking Bronson until you reach Sunnyside, turn onto Sunnyside, then go up one of the sidestreets to Aylmer Ave. I do not recommend taking Bank Street, as you will have to deal with a lot more traffic and traffic lights.

Here's the Google maps link:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=e...&ll=45.392694,-75.68254&spn=0.013501,0.043259

Parking: We can use the church parking lot, but do not park in the organist's parking spot as s/he will be there on Saturday at some point. Don't park in any other reserved spaces, either.

Bus: I haven't personally taken the bus there, but here's what I've got by checking the OC Transpo travel planner:

From the south:
Take the 1 Ottawa-Rockcliffe and get off at the Bank + Aylmer stop. You can get on the 1 from

Billings Bridge or South Keys.

From the north:

Take the 7 Carleton and get off at the Bank + Aylmer stop. You can get the 7 from Rideau or St. Laurent.

If these directions are wrong it's octranspo.com's fault :) Someone who lives in the Glebe area might be able to give better directions than what I've got here.

Time: 12:30-9pm, come at 12:00 if you are bringing TVs/Cubes/power cables. Do NOT come before 12:00, the doors will be locked! If I'm able to open the room any earlier than noon, I'll post to let everyone know.

Equipment: To ensure the tournament finishes on time, please bring TVs, Gamecubes, and power cabling such as extension cords and power cords. The more setups we have, the faster things will go. Please post if you can bring any of these things.

Tournament rules:

General:

- Bring your own controller, or ensure someone is bringing one for you. We cannot guarantee having extra controllers available.
- Good behaviour is expected; we don't want to get kicked out of the church. In particular, do not damage any church or tournament participant's belongings, and do not make a lot of noise (there will be people other than us using the church during tournament hours, we don't want to get reported). If tournament staff deems that you are causing trouble in this fashion, you will be kicked out of the tournament without refund.
- Controllers: see MLG rules (no mods aside from cosmetic changes, no programmed buttons)
- No pausing during a match unless there is a good reason. If you pause repeatedly for no good reason, you may forfeit that match at the discretion of tournament staff.
- No infinite stall/freeze glitches (ie: Peach's Wallbombing, Jigglypuff's rising pound, Ice Climber freeze glitch, etc). If you use these in a match, you forfeit that match. If one of these tactics is used on you for the purpose of stalling the match, pause the game and call for tournament staff.
- Once a match has been announced, it must be started within 5 minutes. If one or more of the participants does not show up within the 5 minutes, they forfeit the match. This applies to both singles and doubles.
- Prizes: Singles and Doubles: 65/25/10 split for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
The room will cost money this time, so the total pot amount will be entry fees minus the room rental cost ($100).

1v1:
- $15 entry
- Format: Pools, top 8 advance to a double elimination bracket. Matches are best 2/3, except for Winners' and Losers' bracket finals, which will be best 3/5.
- MLG rules
- MLG random stages, minus Poke Floats and Rainbow Cruise

2v2:
- $20 entry per team ($10/person)
- Format: Double Elimination. Matches are best 2/3, except for Winners' and Losers' bracket finals, which will be best 3/5.
- MLG rules

Please post or MSN/e-mail me (fogelfogelfogel at hotmail period com) to register for an event.

Equipment:

TVs:

1) Fogel
2) Fogel
3) Dice
4) Locke)
5) ThatGuy
6) Vwins
7) tect
8) Locke)
9) Locke)
10) Locke)
11) Locke)
12) Hero/Pest

Cubes:

1) Fogel
2) Dice
3) Locke)
4) GAmer1991
5) ThatGuy
6) tect
7) Damax/Vwins
8) GanonPWN!
9) Jarc
10) Reaver
11) Bam?
12) Hero/Pest

Power cables/Extension cords:

Church - ? Extension cords
Fogel - 2-3 Extension cords, 1-2 power bars
Locke) - 2 power bars
Jarc - Something?

Registered Smashers:

Singles (36 currently registered):

Fogel
GanonPWN!
Shuriken
Jarc
Locke)
Dice
Rimi
Krilj
Lanowen
Jih
Reaver
GAmer1991
ThatGuy
pkmvodka
H4
POW
Vwins
Bam
chesterr01
Alan
Nelson
tect
ehjay111
bety
pikalex
Navo
Phen
-ZERO-
the problem
Paty
TestRider
vexed69
Hero
Pest
nox
Apoc

Doubles (10 teams registered):

Not Dead Yet (POW + Jih)
The Blacks Beards (Bam + Vwins)
Bonafide Smashers (-ZERO- + the problem)
Emos /wrists (Fogel + Lanowen)
team Pepsi (H4 + pkmvodka)
Underworld Team (bety + pikalex)
Team Explosive (GanonPWN! + vexed69)
No Mercy (chesterr01 + TestRider)
? (Hero + Pest)
TEAM DUFFMAN (Shuriken + Tect)

ToS2 event vote:

Most tournaments in the past just have singles/doubles/crews, but lately there has been a lot of interest in other types of events, like low tier, regional crew battles, random crew battles, etc. Also, I'm interested to see if people want to try round-robin pools (FC6-style) for Singles instead of a normal double-elimination. Obviously we won't have time to do ALL of these, so I'm going to have some votes to help decide which events should be run at ToS2.

If we do round-robin pools, we won't have as much time for other events. I think if we do pools, we could do singles and one other event (doubles/crews/regionals/low tier/etc). If we don't do pools, we can have the usual 3 events (singles/two others).

So, the first vote will be for singles: pools vs. double elimination. The option with the most votes wins, and singles will be run in that format. The second vote will be for which events to run. How this will work will depend on how the first vote turns out!

Voting is now complete. Thank you to everyone who voted!

Twilight of Smash 2 - Preliminary event schedule

12:00 - 12:45 Setup/Friendlies/Doubles and Singles registration
12:45 - 4:15 Doubles
4:15 - 4:30 Break/Friendlies/Last-minute Singles registration
4:30 - 7:00 Singles Pools
7:00 - 7:45 Break/Friendlies/Supper
7:45 - 9:00 Singles Top 8 Tournament

Twilight of Smash 2 - Singles Pools

POOL 1 (Captain: Vwins)

Rimi
GanonPWN!
Vwins
H4
Navo
Krilj
ehjay111
Paty
ThatGuy

POOL 2 (Captain: Pow)

Locke)
vexed69
Pow
TestRider
Lanowen
GAmer1991
Alan
Jarc
Reaver

POOL 3 (Captain: Jih)

Dice
Shuriken
Jih
pkmvodka
Pest
-ZERO-
Nelson
pikalex

POOL 4 (Captain: Fogel)

Fogel
tect
Bam
Chesterr01
Hero
bety
the_problem
Phen

IMPORTANT: Make sure you read this part if you skimmed my post!

- Use the back entrance to get in (the one in the parking lot), NOT the front door!
- Tell someone before going outside so we can let you back in the church.
- Bring TVs, Gamecubes, and power bars/extensions!

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
look at me i got 2nd or rather 1st?

i'll be in singles, probably crews and doubles have to find a team first however :)

FOGEL :)

Jih

Smash Journeyman
belive it or not ... i might be there

i vote for double / regional / single events

Jih

Smash Journeyman
Since you don't seem to be thinking much at this time of day, maybe I should tell you that you're supposed to vote between Double elimination singles OR Round Robin singles.
nvm

edit : i vote for round robin pools ... maybe this time there wont be any probs

and i also think that if the pools are well done... there would be time for 2 others events ... counting that regional isnt really long

the pools in SFF for low tier were WAY too huge and took way too much time ( no offence it was pretty cool actually )

Dice

Smash Lord
Yayuhz!!! i'm there with 2 tv's from us (me and brian) and maybe a third tv and 2 cubes.

I vote on round robin if we have enough people.

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
I didnt go to the last one but ill try to get to this one, I live pretty close to there anyways :p
hmm? you live close do you? have we met? im zac... i havn't seen you on the boards im just curious is all.

Reaver

Smash Cadet
Finally a thread up :) Count me in for singles at least. Perhaps if No Mercy isn't present team GanonNOOB! Sucks might take a shot at revenge?

I vote for Double Elimination for singles.

Fogel

Smash Lord
It looks like quite a few people didn't read the thread...INCLUDING the big red summary part at the bottom. It's 4 lines, come on!

The only event that is happening for sure is Singles...and the format depends on what you vote for (pools vs. double elim). There will be a second vote later for whether doubles/crews/regionals/low tier will be happening. So you can't 'register' for anything except singles yet.

Dice

Smash Lord
It looks like quite a few people didn't read the thread...INCLUDING the big red summary part at the bottom. It's 4 lines, come on!

The only event that is happening for sure is Singles...and the format depends on what you vote for (pools vs. double elim). There will be a second vote later for whether doubles/crews/regionals/low tier will be happening. So you can't 'register' for anything except singles yet.
hmm...

Sign me up for singles, doubles, crews, regionals and low tiers yayuhz!!!

oh shi- wait a sec...

D

Deleted member

I think this thread should officially be renamed to Twilling of Smash 2

Vwins

Smash Ace
ok at this tournement, I think it would be better if we dont do crew battle because we will have like 4 crews ( pwn party, HH, NNR maybe). Pkm is with HH now so no mercy couldnt do the crew battle. The crew battle wont be a good competition like before so we could just take this time for a regional crew battle. I vote for double pools ( if we have time), regional crew battle and single pools.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
I must say your idea is interesting, but doing pools for doubles would be a waste of time if we can do a low tier tournament instead while the regular double-elimination style doubles run.

Low tier is fun :cool:

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Sign me up for singles then. I vote for singles pools (provided there are at least 35+ people).

I will bring 2 Televisions (I found a super ****ty TV on my street being thrown out, so I took it. It can play smash and the speakers are busted. Good enough for me, huzzah!), 1 GC, and some random goodies I normally bring (extra tapes, ghetto extension cords, a couple power bars, tampons for chet, etc. etc.).

Now, lift issues. WHOEVER IS GOING AND WANTS TO TRY ORGANIZING BUSSING THERE, CONTACT ME. Me, Shiz, and Jarc took the bus there last time (coincedentally PKM and H4 were there too) and we had no problems...except that we had to stand the whole time. =/. If we can organize stuff a bit better maybe things will go by more smoothly.

Are there any people willing to offer housing? Reason I ask is because heading back home after a late tournament suuuuuucks, and it's always awesome to chill with some cool peeps and head back the next day. So I would like to know who is offering housing for noobs(GPWN! ?).

crazy2467 at hotmail dot com.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
I am most likely bussing there again with H4.

H4 and I require housing too.

Mister Joel: If you do not want to stand the whole time again while in the bus, I highly suggest you get to Berry Station to get on.

Mister Maxime: Down throw, dash forward, pivot Forward smash. :cool:

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
my name is chesterr i have very stoopid, lol i lost to ganonpwn at streeetfighter,

sepaku is my only way out...

:( i am so emo i cut myself on sharp turns.

Fogel

Smash Lord
I can house 3 or 4 people if they need to be picked up/dropped off at/from the bus station, since that's all my car will hold. If anyone is driving down on their own, I should be able to house them too (but ask first!).

GanonPWN! said in the other thread he'd be able to house people, but I don't know the details. Chet might be able to help too, but I'm not going to speak for him here.

If you live in Ottawa and can help out with housing, speak up. Ask your parents if you can have 1 or 2 people over...every little bit helps. Last time, only GPWN! and myself actually housed anyone; we need to do better than that if we want bigger tournaments in Ottawa.

Top Bottom