• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ - Grand Challenge 9/19/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Lanky I was planning on teaming with PhxDragon but i'm thinking we should rep Ut:).....you wanna???

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I bring wii and brawl and extra controllers for people that forget:)
If you happen to have a controller you wouldn't mind parting with for some cash, I would appreciate it greatly. I could also mod your current controller, cosmetic (change shells, can't paint) or otherwise. Kind of need one for melee now that mine are all gone.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thats cool taht you dabble in it tho. What kind of stuff can you do? Spongeball, cards, coin, etc?
I'm good at handling cards in general. Nothing too fancy, except for maybe two tricks that will blow your minds. I've never really tried to do much other than cards, except for blaine's old levitation.

David that was pretty dirty, I'm sure his BJJ can hold its own against our wrestling. Stop thinking such mean things about him. I'm sure he'd hold his own and even win money against us! Lets say 20 bucks Dastrn? Again kidding :p
I'm probably not going to be there this weekend. If I end up making it, I'd be glad to roll with you guys. I'm old and out of shape (not THAT bad) but it could be fun. I'm 6'1", 192lb.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
If you happen to have a controller you wouldn't mind parting with for some cash, I would appreciate it greatly. I could also mod your current controller, cosmetic (change shells, can't paint) or otherwise. Kind of need one for melee now that mine are all gone.
I'm in desperate need of some cash right now so yes i will sell one of them to you.......if you could mod my controller i would appreciate that greatly;)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Dang I still need a melee team partner. But I want it to be someone I already know lol.

Axe Forward Wobbles Tai Neil ANYONE (ish) lol =]
Not trying to Inui here. Just saying whoever comes to mind ;)

David that was pretty dirty, I'm sure his BJJ can hold its own against our wrestling. Stop thinking such mean things about him. I'm sure he'd hold his own and even win money against us! Lets say 20 bucks Dastrn? Again kidding :p
Wat did I say that was mean. My little it better comment was comparing me and you. And the whole we wouldnt go all out was saying none of us (even him) would be going 100%. Lol sorry if it sounded wrong to anyone

it's a little late but i'll take that.

i'm the new mexico tech waffle club president. i must defend my area of expertise.

Krusteaz brand mix. Great Value canola oil. Tap water. GE waffle makers. Final Destination.

oh and i'm also open to DDR/Bomberman MMs. :|
Too good Tekkie! I'll DDR MM you. DDR Disney Mix. Random. Light. I call Minnie dancer..... What?! /jokes

tw1n

Smash Champion
I was thinking more of When You Wish Upon A Star on beginner using controller... but ok.

Lol I wonder if that DDR has Prince Ali. Best disney song ever hahaha

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
There should definitely be pools since there's going to be such a good turnout. And that way people will get to play more people and be guaranteed more matches. Plus, it helps with seeding the bracket a TON.

Also, you should add the no stalling rule and the ledge grab limit rule to get rid of planking. Just noticed you didn't have them in the OP.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I doubt there would be that many people for each one. Pools would just make the tourney go too long I think. But then again I may be wrong. Its Forwards call.

Plus if you are good enough you'll get to play ton of people in the tourney =]
And if you aren't then you'll get to play tons of friendlies in your free time =]

win/win hahaha

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
There should definitely be pools since there's going to be such a good turnout. And that way people will get to play more people and be guaranteed more matches. Plus, it helps with seeding the bracket a TON.

Also, you should add the no stalling rule and the ledge grab limit rule to get rid of planking. Just noticed you didn't have them in the OP.
inb4gayrules

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious on Heavy on soft pads :O
That aren't taped or held down to the ground by some means!?

Then we'll do Bag on .5 speed, heavy, while doing Spaceballs trivia. Whoever loses the song takes a shot of vinegar. Then we replay until someone gives up. Deal? or no Deal? *glares off into the distance like Howey*

forward

Smash Champion
Since the entrance fee to Brawl singles has been upped to $10, I'm thinking of making the prize payout extend to 5th place. Any suggestions on pot split?

tw1n

Smash Champion
I think you should wait and see how many people enter. If there is over 40 or 50 then I say go for it. But if not then just leave it top 3

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
theres 2 5th places, unless they play it out to see who gets 6th and 5th.

And me and furiousduffman are going to win doubles, TEXAS is the best doubles state and it rubs off on us even though we're 1000 miles away.
6th and 5th duke it out in chess best of 7

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
@everyone, accepting 5$ mms best of 7

tekkie

Smash Master
how big will the bracket be after pools?

hmm, im down for the fifth place payout i guess

because it establishes 5th place for sure since there are two (even though it would be established if they played each other in the tournament)

wow this is gonna be amazing!

sinz, ill take that MM, ill text you back in a second too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom