• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Actually anther reveal trailer isn't far fetched. Remember back when these 3 were revealed :4falcon::4robinm::4lucina: he said they were nearing the end of the reveal trailers. So why not flat out say when :4shulk: was revealed "this will be the last trailer" there has to be at the very least one more and it can't be either of these guys :4bowserjr::4duckhunt: because we all know there in. it's either a ton of veterans or a few newcomers or leas that's how I see it :)
Oh and "true Potential of Smash Bros" Yep Wii U superior confirmed X3

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
That shadow looked nothing like mewtwo when you look close, but at the moment it was all going so fast some people might have thought it was mewtwo. Mewtwo had a hand with 3 big balls on it, and greninja's hand is definitely a lot different, even without the webbing
Yeah when you really look at it it's not mewtwo, but was just tossing it out there.not every trailer hinted at other characters (only Palutena's and Shulks(for a boss)) did.

Actually anther reveal trailer isn't far fetched. Remember back when these 3 were revealed :4falcon::4robinm::4lucina: he said they were nearing the end of the reveal trailers. So why not flat out say when :4shulk: was revealed "this will be the last trailer" there has to be at the very least one more and it can't be either of these guys :4bowserjr::4duckhunt: because we all know there in. it's either a ton of veterans or a few newcomers or leas that's how I see it :)
Oh and "true Potential of Smash Bros" Yep Wii U superior confirmed X3
Oh I would be so excited to see a new trailer even if it's just for Bowser Jr. and Duck hunt. I would love to see the comedy they did for that.

And while I never doubted the wii u will be the superior version, but nice to see it confirmed.

The Direct can either kill or prove the leak. We should know by at least 2-3 weeks as to why we are buying the Wii U version.
Indeed. I am guessing before halloween we will be knowing exactly what will make us buy the wii u version

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
...That didn't mean that he hijacked the project.

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/ssbb/0/1

Read the whole thing. Iwata wanted him to work on the next Smash Bros. Sakurai had to think about it and the job requests he had already thought of considering. He ended up choosing to work on Smash Bros. There was no "HEY IWATA THIS IS SUDDEN BUT IM GONNA TAKE OVER BRAWL K BYE"
The dude jumped at the chance to lead the game. I don't think it took him more then ten seconds to choose SSBB over those other projects, hard choice or not. And I never said how long Brawl was worked on, but Sakurai indeed took over as soon as he heard.

I don't know why this is the conclusion people get from this thread. We've been discussing this leak for almost 60 pages now, if there was hard, unambiguous evidence that contradicted the leak, we would have found it.
Does Sakurai saying that the rosters will be the same and that he wouldn't favor those with both games not mean anything, or am I just missing something?

Sooo while most of us saw this coming, there is a Smash Wii U direct in the works.
http://kotaku.com/super-smash-bros-isnt-finished-being-made-1647031197
5th paragraph, there'll be some announcement highlighting the "true potential of Smash Bros" soon.

And sorry for using kotaku. I don't like using them either but they're the only ones I've seen post this so far.
Try quoting things in context next time.
"As for differences between the versions of the game, Sakura stated that an announcement – possibly a Nintendo Direct – highlighting the exclusive features of the Wii U version that will show the "true potential of Smash Bros." was currently in the works and will be released soon.

He's hyping features, not characters. He did not once mention characters in that article. I don't want this to turn into a Ridley debacle where people start complaining about how Sakurai supposedly hinted extra characters when he never said a thing.

D

Deleted member

The Direct can either kill or prove the leak. We should know by at least 2-3 weeks as to why we are buying the Wii U version.
My guess is the Direct will come out on Halloween Week.

Besides, with four of the hidden characters left to be revealed (my guess is Jigglypuff & Mr. Game & Watch next week & Duck Hunt & Bowser Jr. for the final week), and the fact that it's unlikely Duck Hunt or Bowser Jr. will get a trailer (I'm just glad Dark Pit didn't get one of his own), we should see some Wii U newcomers in that Direct.

But, the thing that bugs me the most is... why did we have to wait so long just to find out the core features of the Wii U version? I love the 3DS version, but the Wii U has to have more content to it, and this'll just give us around a month or so amount of time to hype that. The positive outcome, hopefully, is that all of this will reveal something so shocking and colossal that it'll turn the collective fanbase on its side with a chaotic aftermath (of good nature, hopefully).

Anything less would be a letdown.

Mr. Hades

Smash Cadet
The ammount of stages in the ToS leak seemed unrealistic at first, but with the promised ''True potential of Smash Bros'' remark i'm starting to lose my grains of salt. If the ammount of characters stays the same, but the ammount of stages between each weren't commented on, I think we could well be seeing Tower Of Smash in the supposed Wii U direct.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Yeah when you really look at it it's not mewtwo, but was just tossing it out there.not every trailer hinted at other characters (only Palutena's and Shulks(for a boss)) did.

Oh I would be so excited to see a new trailer even if it's just for Bowser Jr. and Duck hunt. I would love to see the comedy they did for that.

And while I never doubted the wii u will be the superior version, but nice to see it confirmed.

Indeed. I am guessing before halloween we will be knowing exactly what will make us buy the wii u version
I seen a great counter to this the other day X'D In Shulk's trailer we see bowser running about looking like a moron trying to find something before being blasted off screen coincidence ?:4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig: I think not he was looking for his babies. So that would only leave........ HD LAUGH CONFIRMED :'):4duckhunt:
I would also like to see Spooky Sakurai in spirit of Halloween or maybe him dressed as Santa with a sack fill of Amiibos XD

Last edited:

Mr. Hades

Smash Cadet
I seen a great counter to this the other day X'D In Shulk's trailer we see bowser running about looking like a moron trying to find something before being blasted off screen coincidence ?:4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig: I think not he was looking for his babies. So that would only leave........ HD LAUGH CONFIRMED :'):4duckhunt:
I would also like to see Spooky Sakurai in spirit of Halloween or maybe him dressed as Santa with a sack fill of Amiibos XD
''HO HO HO! What Amiibo do YOU want, little boy?''

''Ridley''

''Uhm...Uuuuhhh... how about Diddy Kong instead!''

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
He's hyping features, not characters. He did not once mention characters in that article. I don't want this to turn into a Ridley debacle where people start complaining about how Sakurai supposedly hinted extra characters when he never said a thing.
But, the thing that bugs me the most is... why did we have to wait so long just to find out the core features of the Wii U version? I love the 3DS version, but the Wii U has to have more content to it, and this'll just give us around a month or so amount of time to hype that. The positive outcome, hopefully, is that all of this will reveal something so shocking and colossal that it'll turn the collective fanbase on its side with a chaotic aftermath (of good nature, hopefully).

Anything less would be a letdown.
Consider the case of someone who still hasn't bought the 3DS version, can only afford one or the other, and is on the fence about which one.

If Sakurai states "Oh, yeah, the Wii U version will have new characters," he assures this group of people is only buying one game - the Wii U version.

If he states "You need both versions to get them all," and those people don't have money for both, a significant portion of that group will throw their hands up and buy neither this holiday season.

If he states nothing, the hype will eat away at these people until they cave and buy the 3DS version. If he later reveals new characters, those people will go "aw dang" and start saving up for the Wii U version too. He also avoids the risk of making a promise he later finds he can't live up to, which would drive sales away as consumers lose their trust.

Timing is everything in marketing. Sakurai is under no obligation to grant us full disclosure, and in fact it is in his best interests to keep a lid on things. Uncertainty is a key part of feeding impulse buys.

Finally, it's pretty obvious Sakurai is well aware of this leak, and is quite probably following this very thread in secret. Why else would he blur out the names of "Master/Crazy Order" (I still think it's Hoarder)? He knows what we know, and that means he knows a confirmation of that mode all but confirms our suspicions. Like I've said, we've put him in a very delicate position.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
The dude jumped at the chance to lead the game. I don't think it took him more then ten seconds to choose SSBB over those other projects, hard choice or not. And I never said how long Brawl was worked on, but Sakurai indeed took over as soon as he heard.
Your argument was that he hijacked the development of the game. Which isn't true at all.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Consider the case of someone who still hasn't bought the 3DS version, can only afford one or the other, and is on the fence about which one.

If Sakurai states "Oh, yeah, the Wii U version will have new characters," he assures this group of people is only buying one game - the Wii U version.

If he states "You need both versions to get them all," and those people don't have money for both, a significant portion of that group will throw their hands up and buy neither this holiday season.

If he states nothing, the hype will eat away at these people until they cave and buy the 3DS version. If he later reveals new characters, those people will go "aw dang" and start saving up for the Wii U version too. He also avoids the risk of making a promise he later finds he can't live up to, which would drive sales away as consumers lose their trust.

Timing is everything in marketing. Sakurai is under no obligation to grant us full disclosure, and in fact it is in his best interests to keep a lid on things. Uncertainty is a key part of feeding impulse buys.

Finally, it's pretty obvious Sakurai is well aware of this leak, and is quite probably following this very thread in secret. Why else would he blur out the names of "Master/Crazy Order" (I still think it's Hoarder)? He knows what we know, and that means he knows a confirmation of that mode all but confirms our suspicions. Like I've said, we've put him in a very delicate position.
You're assuming that Sakurai is under any obligation to make the game sell. Do you have any reason at all as to why he would divide the characters after saying he wouldn't? Isn't Nintendo, because they said they'd be lost without him. Really, can you imagine the Nintendo execs saying "Hey, let's **** off the only guy who'll make a huge moneymaker for us and tell him how to put money before gameplay!"

Your argument was that he hijacked the development of the game. Which isn't true at all.
The fact that it didn't really exist is irrelevant. He, indeed, took over Brawl.

Naoshi

I actually do agree that Sakurai would put Gameplay before money, which is a great attitude to have, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't care about the sales of the Wii U version.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Try quoting things in context next time.
"As for differences between the versions of the game, Sakura stated that an announcement – possibly a Nintendo Direct – highlighting the exclusive features of the Wii U version that will show the "true potential of Smash Bros." was currently in the works and will be released soon.

Like Sakuari is going to say, "Check out the new characters". He said features. it could lead to character, it may not. we have no idea WHAT he is going to say. People who say he told us outright are lieing.

Exactly. a good developer knows JUST how much to give people to keep them interested. Too much too soon and people will lose interest. Too little too late and people wrote off the game ages ago.

I just assumed Bowser was chasing butterflys haha. And seeing him dressed up would be amusing, but halloween is not that big in japan if i recall correctly.

I actually do agree that Sakurai would put Gameplay before money, which is a great attitude to have, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't care about the sales of the Wii U version.
I think so too but he probably still wants people to buy both, and the best way is unique features and something to justify both.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He wouldn't be dividing the characters, so the problem doesn't exist. If they get a few new ones for a moment and download 'em later onto the 3DS, it's no big deal. Or you know, can do it right away when the Wii U version releases. He just needed more time to finish 'em. Which makes sense, since he even said he was having issues. Of course, this does mean Ice Climbers' only chance is far later DLC if any.

There will be no true exclusive characters among versions. If you need to connect both, he's not lying in that case either.(and it'll obviously be DLC later anyway for those who can't afford both)

Naoshi

I think so too but he probably still wants people to buy both, and the best way is unique features and something to justify both.
I agree. I'm really glad the 3DS version has its own stuff like Smash Run and whatnot. It gives you a reason to play that version.

D

Deleted member

Valid argument. I mean, I am in the camp of those who can only buy one version (the 3DS version), which I've already done.

Of course, the issue lies in the fact that if the Wii U gets those characters, it is only fair that, eventually, the 3DS would get those characters ported, along with a few new stages and features. However, right now, our focus is on the Wii U because we have to see what direction the game will go. I'm fairly certain that if all 49 characters (including the Mii Fighters as one) are in the Wii U version and that's that, people will be disappointed, and that will hurt the impulse buy, which is a common factor in game sales.

My problem was simply due to the fact that if we don't know a whole lot about the Wii U version, how could we prepare ourselves for what is announced? They started hyping the 3DS version in overdrive after E3.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
He wouldn't be dividing the characters, so the problem doesn't exist. If they get a few new ones for a moment and download 'em later onto the 3DS, it's no big deal. Or you know, can do it right away when the Wii U version releases. He just needed more time to finish 'em. Which makes sense, since he even said he was having issues. Of course, this does mean Ice Climbers' only chance is far later DLC if any.

There will be no true exclusive characters among versions. If you need to connect both, he's not lying in that case either.(and it'll obviously be DLC later anyway for those who can't afford both)
I've already explained that this idea of yours is just an overcomplicated loophole. That only gives him one month of extra time to work on these characters. That's only enough time for balancing. If he really wanted to do something like this, he'd just put in the unbalanced versions of the characters and make an update for them, instead of dancing around his own words.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Does Sakurai saying that the rosters will be the same and that he wouldn't favor those with both games not mean anything, or am I just missing something?
The leak accounts for those comments. According to the leak, the extra characters can be unlocked on 3DS through a system link, but there will also be a way for people without both systems too that he doesn't know the specifics of. So the rosters would be the same. It's definitely the most out there claim the leak makes, but it's backed up by another leak on Neogaf that's much more credible.

Yes it's a weird loophole, but the tech would certainly allow for something like that, and Sakurai has contradicted and danced around his statements in the past. Nobody thinks these characters have only been added in the last month. That's absurd. The idea is that they were worked on and balanced alongside everyone else, then removed from the base 3DS game to be held back for later.

So far nothing in the leak has been contradicted beyond the shadow of a doubt, although the great cave offensive stage might when we find out more. It also hasn't been unambiguously confirmed despite predicting a few things correctly. I think the fear that people will get pissed off if it's wrong is understandable, but for the most part, we're firmly in the "hope/speculation" camp. Nobody is straight up expecting these characters yet, and nobody will until we see something that definitely confirms the leak, like one of the more out there stage predictions or tower of smash itself. In the meantime, I think everybody here has a healthy amount of skepticism.

Last edited:

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Regardless of whether there are new characters or not, holding back info on the Wii U game was a very business savvy move. If they had shown all the extra Wii U features up front, the 3DS game would have looked paltry in comparison, and many people who could only get 1 title would have held out for the Wii U version. Reviews also may have been more critical of the 3DS game, knowing what it was missing. By staying mum, they were able to build tremendous hype for the 3DS game, without having it get overshadowed.

Now that they've sold a lot of people the 3DS game, they can blow people's hats off with all the extra Wii U stuff, and hopefully convince people they need the upgrade. The whole point is to prevent people from being in a situation where they compare the two titles fairly and pick only the one they want most. And they've done a pretty bang-up job. I haven't heard too many people holding out for the Wii U version. It's pretty clever.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've already explained that this idea of yours is just an overcomplicated loophole. That only gives him one month of extra time to work on these characters. That's only enough time for balancing. If he really wanted to do something like this, he'd just put in the unbalanced versions of the characters and make an update for them, instead of dancing around his own words.
Loopholes are no less truths here. He said they've be the same, and they will be the same in the end. And yes, he might've been needed a month to finish off a few. How would you know? You didn't develop the game. You're making a lot of assumptions here. Very often in this topic, in fact. If he wanted to save them for the Wii U release, which means the 3DS will get the roster no matter what(DLC or Data Transfer), meaning he never lied no matter how you slice it, he'll do so to easily boost sales.

Business do loopholes all the time. It's the easiest way to get away with stuff or make things better. Not even counting that Sakurai loves to change his mind. That's why we have 3 extra clones instead of boring alts. Especially one that makes no lick of sense as an alt too. Good thing we got a total of 8 different alts that work fine as that, and 3 clones that actually brings a different style to the game.

We can't discount this over "I doubt it". That's just assuming he'd never do it because apparently loopholes aren't a thing. We have no reason to believe DLC(which was already done) and Data Tranfers(unlikely bar more DLC, I admit) are impossible. If you think it's unlikely, fine. But you're not convincing most people it's impossible. Mainly cause it's not.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I expect that direct to have a reveal trailer. Also, calling it will happen at the end of this month or last week of this month.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I know this is slightly off-topic, but GameXplain's discussion of Master/Crazy Orders makes it sound similar to a former Soul Calibur mode. So I was thinking that Tower of Smash, if legitimate, is similar to the Tower of Souls in Soul Calibur 4. Although that thing was HARD.

Sergiomonty

Smash Rookie
It's kinda funny how Gamexplain believes in Mr. Prince's Smash World leak, yet they don't believe in the Tower of Smash leak... even if Mr. Prince himself said that the Tower was a real thing.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
It's kinda funny how Gamexplain believes in Mr. Prince's Smash World leak, yet they don't believe in the Tower of Smash leak... even if Mr. Prince himself said that the Tower was a real thing.
That's what I was thinking. Those two rumors are one in the same. You can't believe one without believing the other.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
You're assuming that Sakurai is under any obligation to make the game sell. Do you have any reason at all as to why he would divide the characters after saying he wouldn't? Isn't Nintendo, because they said they'd be lost without him. Really, can you imagine the Nintendo execs saying "Hey, let's **** off the only guy who'll make a huge moneymaker for us and tell him how to put money before gameplay!"
Of course I don't. I'm making an assumption based on rudimentary business knowledge, just as you're making an assumption based on your impression of his moral character. In the end, neither of us actually know what's going on, because we're not him and we don't work at Nintendo. There is no right answer here, only best guesses.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
That's what I was thinking. Those two rumors are one in the same. You can't believe one without believing the other.
And if I had to choose one to be morebelievable, it'd be ToS, as its piggybacking off a somewhat credible source, lines up with alot of ingame, and marketing evidence and sounds less outlandish.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
And if I had to choose one to be morebelievable, it'd be ToS, as its piggybacking off a somewhat credible source, lines up with alot of ingame, and marketing evidence and sounds less outlandish.
And yet...

1) Mr. Prince is the one out of the two with hard evidence backing it
2) Without Mr. Prince, there is no link between ToS and Master/Crazy Order. (Again, the current link is: Sakurai mostly confirmed Master/Crazy Order > Master/Crazy Order found in narrator sound files in 3DS > Smash World also found among the same files > Mr. Prince predicted Smash World before the sounds were discovered > Mr. Prince asserted ToS is true.

Discounting Mr. Prince, there is no other way to connect the sound byte to the original ToS leak.

It's painful that Mr. Prince's leak was presented in such a haphazard way, and that he backpedaled. Watch him actually be right, and we wrote him off too quickly...

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
They just scratched,meaning they didn´t even read the other posts.

Naoshi

Wait wait wait

GameXplain is actually listening to Mr Prince's leak?

I...

PlasmaPuffball

Smash Apprentice
Wait wait wait

I...
They don't believe it. In their video, they start off believing it, but then they actually look at the contents of his leak, then they began to question it too and just thought it was dumb.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wait wait wait

I...
Well, somebody's gotta take care of a faucet. :p

Eh, it's a really strange leak. The fact that he keeps backtracking on what he said could mean his source is full of it, or had really old information that got changed up. Or some of each. I don't know what to think.

GameXplain listens to a lot of stuff, to be fair.

Naoshi

They don't believe it. In their video, they start off believing it, but then they actually look at the contents of his leak, then they began to question it too and just thought it was dumb.
oh okay glad that wasnt the case then

Eh, it's a really strange leak. The fact that he keeps backtracking on what he said could mean his source is full of it, or had really old information that got changed up. Or some of each. I don't know what to think.

well he did specifically said his source lied to him, so take that as you will i think

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
well he did specifically said his source lied to him, so take that as you will i think
I do think he's full of it(not just the source). But I can't think of something that strongly debunks it, so... That said, who knows.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
And yet...

1) Mr. Prince is the one out of the two with hard evidence backing it
2) Without Mr. Prince, there is no link between ToS and Master/Crazy Order. (Again, the current link is: Sakurai mostly confirmed Master/Crazy Order > Master/Crazy Order found in narrator sound files in 3DS > Smash World also found among the same files > Mr. Prince predicted Smash World before the sounds were discovered > Mr. Prince asserted ToS is true.

Discounting Mr. Prince, there is no other way to connect the sound byte to the original ToS leak.

It's painful that Mr. Prince's leak was presented in such a haphazard way, and that he backpedaled. Watch him actually be right, and we wrote him off too quickly...
Well, Mr. Prince didn't actually call Master Order, and Crazy Order, he just called Smash World, which is a fairly generic name, that can come off the top of anyone's head. Plus, he list off so many DLC characters, when Sakurai said no plans for DLC until both games are out. This leak suggest that isn't the case, and maybe it is, but as of right now, he is directly contradicting what Sakurai said, thus his whole leak crumbles.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

His leak is killing me. I want to discard it so bad, but it's the only link ToS has to hard evidence. The second somebody finds a shorter chain than mine, I will gladly pour the gasoline for the great purge from memory his leak warrants.

I did think of something, though... and I hate to be the one giving this guy any credit, but someone's got to do the dirty deed. Think of it like I'm showing you the open grave, and I'm begging you to grab a shovel and bury it for good.

The two characters in his leak who stand out the most, to me, are Wonder Red and Phazon Samus. He seemed totally sure that these were playable characters, until Wonder Red turned out to be an AT. As for Phazon Samus, is it possible he meant Dark Samus, who's also an AT?

Maybe you see where I'm going with this...

If there's anything to Mr. Prince's leak at all, I think he (or his source) saw some character models who moved around the stage like playable characters, and immediately assumed they were playable. We have Dark Samus in 3DS, and her AT does move around the stage in a manner that gives the illusion of a playable character - she jumps, she targets, she attacks, she sticks around for a while, and she even has a player cursor over her head (to match that of her summoner). The general tone of his posts sounds like someone who is overexcited and not very careful with his information. He's obviously not 100% correct, but... does that mean he's 100% wrong?

Is this a guy who really saw ToS? Is this a guy who really saw Smash World? Is this a guy who either saw moving character models or screenshots of these characters with player cursors over their heads, got excited, mistook them for playable characters, and hurriedly reported a mixture of ATs and playable characters as all being playable?

Well, Mr. Prince didn't actually call Master Order, and Crazy Order, he just called Smash World, which is a fairly generic name, that can come off the top of anyone's head. Plus, he list off so many DLC characters, when Sakurai said no plans for DLC until both games are out. This leak suggest that isn't the case, and maybe it is, but as of right now, he is directly contradicting what Sakurai said, thus his whole leak crumbles.
You keep saying "Smash World is a fairly generic name," and yet he gave a rather detailed description of a game mode that doesn't read like someone's fantasy. We have hard evidence confirming its existence (debatable whether it still exists). We can't simply let it go because it sounds like an easy guess, much as you and I both want to.

Last edited:

Naoshi

Well, what about Machamp? And the Urban Champion guy? There were a few more that didn't make a single appearance where they moved.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm pretty sure Wii U is going to have a lot more assist trophies than 3DS. That might account for Urban Champion, but Machamp is indeed a sticking point in my case. That would be a Pokeball character, and unless he moves around the stage like an AT and gains a player marker, which... well, crap, might actually be possible, given the type of character he is...

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Those are some solid theories Kenbo, and I can see that being the case. Someone mainly taking a brief look at the game and thinking some assist trophies are playable.

Still, until I see more proof I'm going to push that into a small chance it's true. If its true, then awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom