• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PreciseMotion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PreciseMotion
There's a difference between buying it and having fun discussing it. Chill, dude.
Bet these leakers get all giddy that they can post any bull**** without any photo evidence and have thousands of replies of people wasting their time discussing something fake.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I know... He was saying that just because there are sound files were found for event matches that they were basically in. Then the same can be said for ice climbers
Ice climbers are a special case. They were added in but later taken out due to not running on the 3ds version well. This is quite different. Not only is it a WiiU exclusive, but event matches have a lot less hypothetical reasons for cancellation than a character does.

Regardless, it heavily increases the chance. Ice climbers were an exception, it by no means makes everything else a crapshoot.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
There's a difference between buying it and having fun discussing it. Chill, dude.
Yeah, but I think some people here are just setting themselves up for disappointment in here. IMO it's always better to see leaks as fake until proven true. And I know as soon as this is De-confirmed we will have to put up with another 50 "OMG I can't believe that Ridley isn't playable, why did you do dis to me Samurai" threads and I think I will just have start blocking people from my feed at that point because I am sick of it.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Bet these leakers get all giddy that they can post any bull**** without any photo evidence and have thousands of replies of people wasting their time discussing something fake.
So? I find these fake leaks enjoyable. Gives us something to talk about and raises fun hypotheticals. I remember the Agnes leak made me giddy about the prospect of her as a character, and I gained something from that. Whats with the torch and pitchfork?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Yeesh, are you made of salt? I don't considering wasting my time, I'm bored, and there's nothing else to speculate about the game right now because it's out. Calm yourself.

Yeah, but I think some people here are just setting themselves up for disappointment in here. IMO it's always better to see leaks as fake until proven true. And I know as soon as this is De-confirmed we will have to put up with another 50 "OMG I can't believe that Ridley isn't playable, why did you do dis to me Samurai" threads and I think I will just have start blocking people from my feed at that point because I am sick of it.
I'm incredibly skeptical of ToS, and smash world is utter BS. leaks are always false until proven false, imo. But there's no reason to get mad about people speculating... Unless they're assuming the thing is true, that could be annoying.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
And it matters to you how? Don't get me wrong, those comments can get annoying, but really, you shouldn't have to concern yourself with those responses, afterall they die down after a week if ignored.

Tamagon

Smash Rookie
Plans can change later on for DLC. They might get an idea for a character. No point in letting the specific Trophy name keep them down.
Unplanned DLC released months later down the line ala Mario Kart? Sure. But this Wii U connectivity feature (which is the post I was quoting was referring to) would be something planned out during development, so why would they put in the trophies?

The trophy wouldn't be changing though. Just the name would change.
So? Even making a trophy, implementing it, and then later patching it to have a different name would still require effort that'd be entirely pointless, when they could've just not implemented that trophy at all.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
He went to them because he didn't want it to just be Melee 2.0, remember?
...That didn't mean that he hijacked the project.

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/ssbb/0/1

Read the whole thing. Iwata wanted him to work on the next Smash Bros. Sakurai had to think about it and the job requests he had already thought of considering. He ended up choosing to work on Smash Bros. There was no "HEY IWATA THIS IS SUDDEN BUT IM GONNA TAKE OVER BRAWL K BYE"

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Unplanned DLC released months later down the line ala Mario Kart? Sure. But this Wii U connectivity feature (which is the post I was quoting was referring to) would be something planned out during development, so why would they put in the trophies?
Because they're fanservice. Nothing more needs to be said beyond that.

They don't need to omit anything at all. There's no point to. They can just make a new trophy. They have to often make another one for the All-Star version as well anyway. If Impa isn't in her OOT version for playable, for example, that other trophy is irrelevant.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Saying event mode is confirmed due to having it being in the audio files of the 3DS version and having, what 2 modes on the wii u version that could have been planned for the 3ds version that are the same, is kinda like saying Mewtwo was in Brawl because he had voice clips, but guess what, he (sadly) wasn't. All we know is that the 3DS had all these modes planned, but not finished, some may be on the Wii U as well, but guess what, WE DON'T KNOW, nor do we have any definite proof saying that ALL these things on the Wii U version. Tower of Smash ain't dead yet, nor did it get hurt any from any of this (to our knowledge).

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Saying event mode is confirmed due to having it being in the audio files of the 3DS version and having, what 2 modes on the wii u version that could have been planned for the 3ds version that are the same, is kinda like saying Mewtwo was in Brawl because he had voice clips, but guess what, he (sadly) wasn't. All we know is that the 3DS had all these modes planned, but not finished, some may be on the Wii U as well, but guess what, WE DON'T KNOW, nor do we have any definite proof saying that ALL these things on the Wii U version. Tower of Smash ain't dead yet, nor did it get hurt any from any of this (to our knowledge).
True, I guess this is possible. I think it significantly alters the odds, especially since the presence of Master/Crazy orders implies that the unused voice clips are for the WiiU game modes.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
That's what I was thinking.

Mr. Hades

Smash Cadet
We've reached a point, now, that questions only Sakurai can answer are being tossed around way too much. The whole trophy situation is truly a brain-churner, but I doubt we'll get anywhere. It's confusing as hell and I really don't see why they'd include trophies if they were eventually to become playable. The idea of these trophies being nails in a coffin has sort of been rejected by the community, which I guess makes some sense, but this could all be for nothing :/

Anyway, I think if we see one or two more stages revealed that were in the leak, this is more or less confirmed. It got enough right to gain such interest anyways.

Naoshi

Anyway, I think if we see one or two more stages revealed that were in the leak, this is more or less confirmed. It got enough right to gain such interest anyways.
It only got Onett and Smashville right so far, I say we wait til there's a really unpredictable some stages that is from the leak.

Game & Watch was very vague but also an obvious game to choose for Wario's new stage, as it is the latest Wario game. Great Cave Offensive is lacking in any sort of details but it is a huge potential red flag for the rumor since it stated Mt Dedede was the stage (of course it can be argued that the guy mistaken the level for Mt Dedede, even though there's the Minecart and there's no distinct features the cave castle has from Mt Dedede).

Last edited:

Mr. Hades

Smash Cadet
It only got Onett and Smashville right so far, I say we wait til there's a really unpredictable some stages that is from the leak.

Game & Watch was very vague but also an obvious game to choose for Wario's new stage, as it is the latest Wario game. Great Cave Offensive is lacking in any sort of details but it is a huge potential red flag for the rumor since it stated Mt Dedede was the stage (of course it can be argued that the guy mistaken the level for Mt Dedede, even though there's the Minecart and there's no distinct features the cave castle has from Mt Dedede).
Although it did get Castle seige right too, I think that Mt. Dedede thing really screwed it up bad... I was trying to forget about it... but honestly... this leak could just be dead ;-; Thank ypu for your wise words once again, Naoshi.

Anyway, am I the only one still secretly betting on the first Mewtwo+Dixie link up rumour being true? Idk.. it just seemed slightly more credible. I never felt a little silly for believing it. It's not as exciting as ToS, sure, but it's damn as hell more trustworthy.

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
It's also possible your 3DS will say the names of said game modes if it's connected as a controller to your Wii U.

Naoshi

Although it did get Castle seige right too, I think that Mt. Dedede thing really screwed it up bad... I was trying to forget about it... but honestly... this leak could just be dead ;-; Thank ypu for your wise words once again, Naoshi.

Anyway, am I the only one still secretly betting on the first Mewtwo+Dixie link up rumour being true? Idk.. it just seemed slightly more credible. I never felt a little silly for believing it. It's not as exciting as ToS, sure, but it's damn as hell more trustworthy.
Castle Siege was actually revealed shortly before the leak.

...Man I hate crushing dreams ;_; The leak honestly itself sounds cool

PiChuChu

Smash Cadet
Perhaps, Mt. Dedede and the Great Cave Offensive stage are the same thing? I do believe that in Brawl's SSE, there was a cave passage through a crack in the wall of D3's castle.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I'm on teamfake, but I want this to be real just for the Metroid/DK content. Dixie, Ridley, Tourian, and Brambles would make me a happy person.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Guys, you seriously can't believe everything that's on 4chan/8chan.
I don't know why this is the conclusion people get from this thread. We've been discussing this leak for almost 60 pages now, if there was hard, unambiguous evidence that contradicted the leak, we would have found it. Period. If it comes, we'll be disappointed, but we'll move on. The most outlandish part of the leak is backed up by a post on NeoGaf, which is far more credible, and people seem to forget that the ESRB leak came from 4chan. It's a natural place for a real leaker to go, they have complete anonymity, but still have a guarantee that the Smash community will see the post. I wrote a very lengthy analysis going over all of the reasons I think this leak is plausible, but even I am still on the fence. Nobody here is blindly believing anything.

I get sick of people just showing up and saying "You guys are idiots." when they haven't been a part of the discussion in this thread. It really doesn't contribute anything but negativity when all we're doing is having fun speculating. I don't get why that's offensive to people. Sure, there will be some ****ty people who will loudly broadcast their butthurt if this leak ends up being fake, but for the most part people here are being smart about not getting their hopes up. If this discussion annoys you, then please don't add your two cents. We get people saying the same thing as you every day. Many people with brand new accounts come here to call us idiots as one of their first posts on Smashboards, before they even set up an avatar. It's really annoying. It completely derails the conversation and turns this thread into the flame war you already seem to assume it is, when you're the ones making it that way. I'm sorry to pick on you in particular, since you're far from the only one and your comment isn't even very nasty, but I'm really over it.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'm on #TeamFake as far as the ToS mode and Stages go at this point. But I still have some slight hope for the extra characters, but we'll see where that goes.

Tsukihi Araragi

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-1966-0579
Indeed.

But sometimes it has true stuff. I've seen quite a few official and final Yugioh OCG lists posted there.
Where do you think the "rechargeable iPhone in the microwave" hoax came from?

I don't know why this is the conclusion people get from this thread. We've been discussing this leak for almost 60 pages now, if there was hard, unambiguous evidence that contradicted the leak, we would have found it. Period. If it comes, we'll be disappointed, but we'll move on. The most outlandish part of the leak is backed up by a post on NeoGaf, which is far more credible, and people seem to forget that the ESRB leak came from 4chan. It's a natural place for a real leaker to go, they have complete anonymity, but still have a guarantee that the Smash community will see the post. I wrote a very lengthy analysis going over all of the reasons I think this leak is plausible, but even I am still on the fence. Nobody here is blindly believing anything.

I get sick of people just showing up and saying "You guys are idiots." when they haven't been a part of the discussion in this thread. It really doesn't contribute anything but negativity when all we're doing is having fun speculating. I don't get why that's offensive to people. Sure, there will be some ****ty people who will loudly broadcast their butthurt if this leak ends up being fake, but for the most part people here are being smart about not getting their hopes up. If this discussion annoys you, then please don't add your two cents. We get people saying the same thing as you every day. Many people with brand new accounts come here to call us idiots as one of their first posts on Smashboards, before they even set up an avatar. It's really annoying. It completely derails the conversation and turns this thread into the flame war you already seem to assume it is, when you're the ones making it that way. I'm sorry to pick on you in particular, since you're far from the only one and your comment isn't even very nasty, but I'm really over it.
I never called anyone an idiot, I'm just saying that given the nature of image boards it's most likely fake.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Where do you think the "rechargeable iPhone in the microwave" hoax came from?

I never called anyone an idiot, I'm just saying that given the nature of image boards it's most likely fake.
Sorry, I didn't mean to single you out, it was more of a general rant against a lot of posters. You're right, 4chan is the capital of trolling, hoaxes, and all kinds of bs great and small. But originating from 4chan does not automatically rule a leak out, especially since many legitimate leaks for Smash and other games have been posted there in the past. If the Tower of Smash leak was completely ridiculous, which it's not, you would have a point, but there are many tiny details about the leak that make sense given what we know about Sm4sh's development, even if parts of it seem a little too good to be true.

Earlier in the thread, I made a very in depth analysis of the leak and what aspects of it are particularly believable. Some of it needs fixing, particularly the part about the release date, but if you are interested in participating in the discussion, I suggest you read it before you argue that the leak is unlikely based on its origin alone. By no means does my analysis confirm the leak, but it calls attention to some things that make me believe that if the leak is fake, the guy who made it was very smart and paid attention to very small details when trying to make it sound believable, which is atypical of most fake leaks that get posted on 4chan. The leak is very internally consistent and lines up with not only other more credible leaks, but comments Sakurai has made about certain aspects of development. Obviously you don't have to read it, because it's long as hell, but just bear in mind that people in this thread consider this leak plausible not just because we read it and wanted to believe, but because we've put it under the microscope and it's so far held up to scrutiny

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I know some of these leaks have their credits, and their potential red flags. While it's fun to speculate, I just hope people don't get their hopes up too high, as not to disappoint themselves later on (if the leaks and the addition of new characters/stages/modes end up being partly or completely fake). While DLC is likely at this point, there's still no guarantee that more characters are going to be included (though more characters seem to have a decent chance of being added). I just hope (for all of our sake), us fans will be satisfied/accept the end outcome.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Alright, decided to pop in and see what's going on. Impressions:
Game Modes- very plausible and realistic. ToS seems to be the big one here (obviously), and it has valid reasoning.
Stages- pretty plausible, although I feel some stages like Forest Haven and Bramble Blast may probably be deconfirmed
Characters- easily the sketchiest. 4/5 of these characters would be deconfirmed just for already having their own trophies. As for Ridley, due to my negative views against Ridley being a character since 2011, I think he'll probably be deconfirmed and end up a boss or a stage hazard.

Pretty interesting discussions. FYI, I'm all against Ridley if I didn't say that already. No hard feelings. :colorful:
Negitive views against Ridley? You mean your personal views, right? Because he's rather heavily requested.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Negitive views against Ridley? You mean your personal views, right? Because he's rather heavily requested.
I guess you could say that. I just can't see how he could be implemented as a character into the game. I had trouble coping with Bowser being in Smash and his changing moveset. Ridley would make my head explode. :psycho:

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
That is probably a mock up, but also probably based on the actual design of it. I did the math, and it could fit 52 characters on there.so there is room for 3 more characters then the 3DS screen. If it's just a mock up they could possibly fit even more, like resizing and such.

Now, this was posted on another thread here

It LOOKS like it could say tower of smash there. Also, the leaker said tower of smash is a solo mode, so it makes sense that it would be in solo and not where smash run is. Smash run is not solo, and I think whatever mode they may have in smash runs place would be multipler.

That is IF the menu's look exactly the same.

So I think the leaks are still alive. Both of them
The mosaic pattern seemed to have enlarged the font when smudging the hidden word, but as I look closely, I don't think there's an "of" in the middle since it looks like a space made between two words. It could be Smash World if possible because it looks like two words. I don't know, I might be mistaken, but I don't think it'll be Special Orders because using that sound in this screen doesn't seem right, as we know those sounds can be used when switching into CSS like most other sounds do.

*EDIT: whoah, what just happened? I didn't know few pages more were made while I was making this!:crazy:

Last edited:

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone else be satisfied if this wasn't true? I really don't care about the roster anymore, I have accepted it and moved on. I really like the roster we have - no one is looking broken so far and it is a 49 character roster without too much imbalance. I really don't want the surprise to be more characters or this mode, seems lame. I would rather want Smash Run Wii U than this.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
The mosaic pattern seemed to have enlarged the font when smudging the hidden word, but as I look closely, I don't think there's an "of" in the middle since it looks like a space made between two words. It could be Smash World if possible because it looks like two words. I don't know, I might be mistaken, but I don't think it'll be Special Orders because using that sound in this screen doesn't seem right, as we know those sounds can be used when switching into CSS like most other sounds do.

*EDIT: whoah, what just happened? I didn't know few pages more were made while I was making this!:crazy:
I honestly think it might just say...
Smash Tower

...yes, that counts as the ToS leak being legit...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom