• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Its possible. But this IS Sakurai we're dealing with. :p lol
Yeah, if we can read his mind, it might possibly be some boring 3DS pic again tonight. Possibly I think Sakurai ain't gonna explain until the game released, like saying "go look for it by yourself".

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, if we can read his mind, it might possibly be some boring 3DS pic again tonight. Possibly I think Sakurai ain't gonna explain until the game released, like saying "go look for it by yourself".
I think that's a bad idea. They want to hype the game, not make its content unknown. Ppl don't get hype at games where they don't know what they will get before buying

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I think that's a bad idea. They want to hype the game, not make its content unknown. Ppl don't get hype at games where they don't know what they will get before buying
I honestly think that if the guy wants this game to sell well...or better then the 3DS version- he'll pull Ridley and Mewtwo out of his hat at the last possible second.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
I honestly think that if the guy wants this game to sell well...or better then the 3DS version- he'll pull Ridley and Mewtwo out of his hat at the last possible second.
Yeah, I do think its a bad idea since I've commented that, but Sakurai did this before, not explaining anything until the game releases. He didn't even explain that Game Boy stage was Dreamland before 3DS ver. was released.

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
Ness is unlocked from the Start :O Really oh please say Lucas may be locked :') And Ganondorf and the Puff ? What the devil is going on here and no Names...... I'm sorry but Wah
lucas is already deconfirmed like a whole month ago

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I honestly think it might just say...
Smash Tower

...yes, that counts as the ToS leak being legit...
Super unlikely. It is definitely not related to Smash Tower at all. The ToS leaker would've mentioned Master and Crazy orders, but yet he didn't, despite listing so much of the gameplay details.

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet
Super unlikely. It is definitely not related to Smash Tower at all. The ToS leaker would've mentioned Master and Crazy orders, but yet he didn't, despite listing so much of the gameplay details.
Maybe he only saw gameplay of the ToS, and he just assumed a name. That's obviously if all of this is real.

Last edited:

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
I noticed that on the website, those 6 character slots are still there

People thought that this may have been due to there being only 6 more characters left, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore... could this be for those 5 in the ToS rumor, plus 1 more for DLC?
I know people wouldn't care about this pic as they say it has nothing to do with additional characters, and much says those belongs to the secret characters...but could that be true? I mean, it does fit with the 5 character rumors (Mewtwo, Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Kids, Impa) and Bandanna Dee trailer leak which adds up to 6, and I really doubt its for the secret characters as they're gonna be kept inside that ??? box to avoid spoilers, like how Brawl's secret character are still kept covered even today. So, if everybody's saying that this has no meaning at all, why is it there in the first place then? They could've simmered down those empty spots if possible. Same to those empty spots on 3DS's CSS and SSS, but why Sakurai, or the staffs of this game, make these stuffs so unnatural and imperfect for many reasons? I just don't understand...

Maybe he only saw gameplay of the ToS, and he just assumed a name. That's obviously if all of this is real.
That could possibly be. Maybe the leaker didn't know the actual name of it because it was still in its prototype stage that name wasn't decided back then. ToS can be the leaker's just-in-case temporary name, like how it happened to Gamer/Game&Wario and Great Fox/Oribital Gate situation.

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
I know people wouldn't care about this pic as they say it has nothing to do with additional characters, and much says those belongs to the secret characters...but could that be true? I mean, it does fit with the 5 character rumors (Mewtwo, Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Kids, Impa) and Bandanna Dee trailer leak which adds up to 6, and I really doubt its for the secret characters as they're gonna be kept inside that ??? box to avoid spoilers, like how Brawl's secret character are still kept covered even today. So, if everybody's saying that this has no meaning at all, why is it there in the first place then? They could've simmered down those empty spots if possible. Same to those empty spots on 3DS's CSS and SSS, but why Sakurai, or the staffs of this game, make these stuffs so unnatural and imperfect for many reasons? I just don't understand...

That could possibly be. Maybe the leaker didn't know the actual name of it because it was still in its prototype stage that name wasn't decided back then. ToS can be the leaker's just-in-case temporary name, like how it happened to Gamer/Game&Wario and Great Fox/Oribital Gate situation.
On the mobile version of the site there is only 1 empty spot...

Naoshi

Man, I went looking at the empty spots.

No offense but you guys are kind of trying too hard. It's more likely those 6 empty slots exists just because they just do. Each page on the regular version of the site has 9 characters and there's 5 pages, of course there's going to be some blank spots.

And there we go.

The 6 empty slots aren't intended and only exist just to fill the blank spots. If they were hints, the mobile page would display just as much slots as the desktop site does.

On the realm of DLC being a possibility, they could fill up those blank spots. But let's be real, the empty spots we see right now does NOT hint at anything at this moment.

Last edited:

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
Really? Then these empty spots really has nothing to do with then...which it really doesn't make any sense why its there in the first place. What are you up to now Sakurai?:glare:

*EDIT: Oh...never mind then. I guess Naoshi's right then. We should just ignore that part for now on if that has no meaning of it in the first place then. I felt myself as sooo foolish.

Last edited:

SmashingObjection

Smash Cadet
NNID
Leviathan
3DS FC
1521-5713-8600
Sooo while most of us saw this coming, there is a Smash Wii U direct in the works.
http://kotaku.com/super-smash-bros-isnt-finished-being-made-1647031197
5th paragraph, there'll be some announcement highlighting the "true potential of Smash Bros" soon.

And sorry for using kotaku. I don't like using them either but they're the only ones I've seen post this so far.

Last edited:

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999

Naoshi

Sooo while most of us saw this coming, there is a Smash Wii U direct in the works.
5th paragraph, there'll be some announcement highlighting the "true potential of Smash Bros" soon.

And sorry for using kotaku. I don't like using them either but they're the only ones I've seen post this so far.
>Possibly a Nintendo Direct

YESSSS

You're right, we saw it coming but man, oh man, just hearing that makes me happy enough to hear it officially even though it's just "possibly"!

Even if it debunks every current rumor, I'll still be happy enough to see what the Wii U version has in store. (And as long as most of the features turns out great, which I cannot say for Brawl)

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Good to hear a confirmation that a nintendo direct is coming, even though we all assumed it was. So we know a lot of stuff is coming, or enough for Sakurai to claim that the wii u is the true potential of smash bros. Crazy new modes? More characters(that will transfer to the 3DS of course) What else would make him say that.

Today's PotD didn't help us with the rumor, but I liked the informatiopn though. I never knew that about the fastest walk speeds.

I do find it interesting that they are tossing in info on past games, something that the 3DS version kinda lacked(like trophies not telling us what game they people came from). This game may give us more nintendo information then most wikis.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
It's all but entirely obvious he's hiding something huge, otherwise why tease so much while saying so little?

Part of me thinks we'll only get Ridley on release, as a teaser for more DLC to come. Just a gut instinct, though. That, and I don't want to hype myself for 5 characters and leave a ton of room for disappointment.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
It's all but entirely obvious he's hiding something huge, otherwise why tease so much while saying so little?

Part of me thinks we'll only get Ridley on release, as a teaser for more DLC to come. Just a gut instinct, though. That, and I don't want to hype myself for 5 characters and leave a ton of room for disappointment.
I can't see it being just one character and the lack of a new zelda, DK and 6th pokemon rep is pretty jarring with mario's 7 characters

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion

Well, yeah, he always teases something BIG.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
He has to have Ridley available at the game's launch if he is indeed going to be playable. If people play the Pyrosphere and there's no Ridley, that's a dead giveaway he'll be DLC or something.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest

YESSSS

You're right, we saw it coming but man, oh man, just hearing that makes me happy enough to hear it officially even though it's just "possibly"!

Even if it debunks every current rumor, I'll still be happy enough to see what the Wii U version has in store. (And as long as most of the features turns out great, which I cannot say for Brawl)
Yeah. The last direct was just simply awesome, so I have confidence I won't be disappointed with what we get in this potential second one.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface

Ahhhhhh, isn't this news comforting? The part that's getting me excited is "the true potential" bit

This site also has the report. (if the link isn't working) http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-says-an-announcement-about-smash-bros-wii-u-is-on-the-way/

zferolie

Smash Hero
If Tower of Smash is not real, but they are giving more characters with a linking function, I think the top 4 guys with chances are Mewtwo, Ridley, Lucas, and Wolf. Chorus kids and dixie are pretty close seconds, and then some sort of Zelda rep afterwards. Impa most likely due to her relevence to the series.

Why I think those 4 are because models already exist from past games, and they are popular, and they have movesets already. It would be easy to make them in a sense. Lucas I can see actually getting new B moves since Ness got Lucas' B moves via custom moves. His A attacks are all very unique and different from Ness save for a few. Wolf' might get a bit of upgrade, but honestly he is the most different from the animal trio.

Mewtwo had data on Brawls disc, and was the most complete, if I am remembering correctly. He plays very different from Lucario, and they would probably change up a move are 2 (confusion and disable most likely. He has much better moves to use) Ridley would be the one they would have to do the most work on, but he has been wanted since Melee.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
If Tower of Smash is not real, but they are giving more characters with a linking function, I think the top 4 guys with chances are Mewtwo, Ridley, Lucas, and Wolf. Chorus kids and dixie are pretty close seconds, and then some sort of Zelda rep afterwards. Impa most likely due to her relevence to the series.

Why I think those 4 are because models already exist from past games, and they are popular, and they have movesets already. It would be easy to make them in a sense. Lucas I can see actually getting new B moves since Ness got Lucas' B moves via custom moves. His A attacks are all very unique and different from Ness save for a few. Wolf' might get a bit of upgrade, but honestly he is the most different from the animal trio.

Mewtwo had data on Brawls disc, and was the most complete, if I am remembering correctly. He plays very different from Lucario, and they would probably change up a move are 2 (confusion and disable most likely. He has much better moves to use) Ridley would be the one they would have to do the most work on, but he has been wanted since Melee.
Of those, Ridley has been teased the most, which is why I'm only willing to bet on him (even though I personally only want Mewtwo out of this). Mewtwo is the runner-up, though the tease in his trailer is ambiguous enough that some could argue it wasn't intentional. Somebody in this thread brought up a really good point - the model might have lacked the webbing in one scene simply so Greninja could do his ninja hand signs unimpeded.

I also have doubts that they could use much of his Brawl data. They cut him for a reason, probably because they couldn't get him working in time, and it would need to be updated anyway to match the new flow of the game. Depends on how and why it was broken - this might be something someone from the P:M team could comment on since they've worked with it.

Also, Confusion and Disable are great... just make Confusion actually reflect stuff, that's all!

zferolie

Smash Hero
Of those, Ridley has been teased the most, which is why I'm only willing to bet on him (even though I personally only want Mewtwo out of this). Mewtwo is the runner-up, though the tease in his trailer is ambiguous enough that some could argue it wasn't intentional. Somebody in this thread brought up a really good point - the model might have lacked the webbing in one scene simply so Greninja could do his ninja hand signs unimpeded.

I also have doubts that they could use much of his Brawl data. They cut him for a reason, probably because they couldn't get him working in time, and it would need to be updated anyway to match the new flow of the game. Depends on how and why it was broken - this might be something someone from the P:M team could comment on since they've worked with it.

Also, Confusion and Disable are great... just make Confusion actually reflect stuff, that's all!
The removing webbing to make the ninja signs work better makes the most sense. I mean it COULD have been mewtwo at the start watching from a cave and then Greninja was the one that attacked under the branch.

I assumed the cut him for time reasons. I thought I heard that they just ran out of time. I could be wrong though, and the PM people would best be able to tell us how much of the Mewtwo data was useable on it's own.

The confusion not actually reflecting was a bad choice. I don't mind a reflect, but make it work. Disable I think just needs a bit more range, since it does nothing if they aren't facing you. I just hope they give him a bit more range on his grab, or something to let him grab people from a distance with his psychic powers. he always had the best grabs in melee, and I would like them to keep that as a powerful tool

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
The removing webbing to make the ninja signs work better makes the most sense. I mean it COULD have been mewtwo at the start watching from a cave and then Greninja was the one that attacked under the branch.

I assumed the cut him for time reasons. I thought I heard that they just ran out of time. I could be wrong though, and the PM people would best be able to tell us how much of the Mewtwo data was useable on it's own.

The confusion not actually reflecting was a bad choice. I don't mind a reflect, but make it work. Disable I think just needs a bit more range, since it does nothing if they aren't facing you. I just hope they give him a bit more range on his grab, or something to let him grab people from a distance with his psychic powers. he always had the best grabs in melee, and I would like them to keep that as a powerful tool
That shadow looked nothing like mewtwo when you look close, but at the moment it was all going so fast some people might have thought it was mewtwo. Mewtwo had a hand with 3 big balls on it, and greninja's hand is definitely a lot different, even without the webbing

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

YESSSS

I agree completely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom