• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Okay... Your point? Who said Sakurai was going to gut one of his games for another? Who said he even cared if SSBU sold? This'd be the kind of thing he hates, and specifically said wouldn't happen. It will never happen because he said so, quite adamantly I might add. This isn't Villager where fans asked for him to be included because Sakurai thought they wouldn't like the representation, this'd be completely going against his word for the sake of going against his word.
Of course he cares if it sells, He doesn't make games for the sake of making enjoyable games for the players, this is a still business you know. The aim is to make money

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
The Wii U is barely selling and Smash Bros U is one of its few chances to actually make it sell. Why wouldn't Sakurai care about SSBU's sales? Even if he didn't, Nintendo cares and there's no denying that.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The Wii U is barely selling and Smash Bros U is one of its few chances to actually make it sell. Why wouldn't Sakurai care about SSBU's sales? Even if he didn't, Nintendo cares and there's no denying that.
That makes me wonder, Does nintendo have any input on this? Could they make him hold back a few characters for the wii u version?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Because it's his job to sell game ?
It's his job to MAKE the game, and he can make it however he pleases.

Of course he cares if it sells, He doesn't make games for the sake of making enjoyable games for the players, this is a still business you know. The aim is to make money
Do you even realize how rich Sakurai is? He could rip up all his money earned from SSB4 and live the life of luxury from all he's earned. He's really just here to make an enjoyable game.

That makes me wonder, Does nintendo have any input on this? Could they make him hold back a few characters for the wii u version?
Not really, no. Sakurai hijacked Brawl's development an about an hour after Iwata went up on stage and said that there'll be another SSB.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Stop trying to break the bridges between the game and the leak too early,that could have been a placeholder menu.

Mr. Hades

Smash Cadet
Well, until whatever happens tommorow, this is how we see it currently:

Dixie, Chorus boys, Mewtwo, and Ridley have been circulating around the internet since the Vaanrose/Ninka days. That's good!

However, it's all been relatively text only. That's bad.

ToS confirmed 3 stages: Smashville, Onett, and Castle Siege (technically 5 if you see Game and Wario being just 'Gamer', and the ''Great Fox'' stage being Orbital Gate) Sooo... that's good!

A stage was accidentally leaked via official sources showing a Great Cave Offensive stage, which is either ''Mt. Dedede'' or nothing. That's bad.

A Mt. Dedede track is confirmed to be in the 3DS version soundtrack. That's good!

However, it was just the 8 bit version. That's bad. I think.

The Tower of Smash leak just seems realistic, fitting in a good hype stirring business strategy before the Wii U release. That's good!

Wii U sound files were found in the 3DS version, but not Tower of Smash. That's bad.

Ridley is clearly physically seen in the Wii U version, and lacks any kind of trophy. That's good!

Mewtwo, Dixie, and Chorus Boys all have trophies. That's... bad?

And lastly, Mewtwo, Ridley, and Dixie are all extremely requested characters in the hearts of fans. Sakurai knows we all want them, and including them into the game would be a fantastic decision in every factor. Whether that's good, or bad, or inbetween, is up to you. Whataver happens, if this leak turns out to be bull-crap, and the whole thing was for nothing, that doesn't mean, like others have said, we won't get any of these characters.
The only thing Sakurai can't deconfirm is the fan's wishes. He and Nintendo have to try every goddamn trick in the book to keep sales alive.

I still think Tower of Smash, or at least the Wii U linking 3DS rumour is very much alive. But...

...All we can do now is wait. Fate shall be the decider of truths... And purple space-dragons.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Just to note to the above post from a bit ago: The Game Boy Mt. Dedede's soundtrack is actually used in a certain stage on the 3DS version. Every other Kirby Dream Land 1 stage songs are present too in the same exact manner.

I'm pretty sure he was offered position of director
This. I'm pretty sure Iwata offered him to develop Smash Bros Brawl.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I honestly don't know. I saw it mentioned a couple of times in another thread here but I never bothered to check myself.
I think your thinking of mr.prince.Spainkiller(NeoGAF user) has been hush-hush.He's made the post i made earlier and another about his source seeing models.He never went back on his word

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I think your thinking of mr.prince.Spainkiller(NeoGAF user) has been hush-hush.He's made the post i made earlier and another about his source seeing models.He never went back on his word
Look Like nobody give a crap about me . Like i say before , Spainkiller never went back to his words but when we ask him about ToS , he's say That he's uncertain .

Dragonogon

Smash Cadet

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Stop trying to break the bridges between the game and the leak too early,that could have been a placeholder menu.
I've already explained that there's no reason for it to exist. I'll give it up when somebody comes up with a good reason.

I'm pretty sure he was offered position of director
Just to note to the above post from a bit ago: The Game Boy Mt. Dedede's soundtrack is actually used in a certain stage on the 3DS version. Every other Kirby Dream Land 1 stage songs are present too in the same exact manner.

This. I'm pretty sure Iwata offered him to develop Smash Bros Brawl.
He went to them because he didn't want it to just be Melee 2.0, remember?

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Yeah , but if all of this if fake , how Nintendo will Hype the Wii U version ? Just say HD ! Graphic ! And some minor solo mode !
Will make it sales a lot . *cough*The last of us Remastered*cough*
Well It definitely worked for Naughty Dog and for sales of the last of us remastered

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Alright, decided to pop in and see what's going on. Impressions:
Game Modes- very plausible and realistic. ToS seems to be the big one here (obviously), and it has valid reasoning.
Stages- pretty plausible, although I feel some stages like Forest Haven and Bramble Blast may probably be deconfirmed
Characters- easily the sketchiest. 4/5 of these characters would be deconfirmed just for already having their own trophies. As for Ridley, due to my negative views against Ridley being a character since 2011, I think he'll probably be deconfirmed and end up a boss or a stage hazard.

Pretty interesting discussions. FYI, I'm all against Ridley if I didn't say that already. No hard feelings. :colorful:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Game Modes- very plausible and realistic. ToS seems to be the big one here (obviously), and it has valid reasoning.
Stages- pretty plausible, although I feel some stages like Forest Haven and Bramble Blast may probably be deconfirmed
Characters- easily the sketchiest. 4/5 of these characters would be deconfirmed just for already having their own trophies. As for Ridley, due to my negative views against Ridley being a character since 2011, I think he'll probably be deconfirmed and end up a boss or a stage hazard.

Pretty interesting discussions. FYI, I'm all against Ridley if I didn't say that already. No hard feelings. :colorful:
3/5 Actually, Impa's trophy is ocarina of time based and the description only mentions things from that game

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
As for Ridley, due to my negative views against Ridley being a character since 2011, I think he'll probably be deconfirmed and end up a boss or a stage hazard.
Oh please. For as much bashing there has been, there has been much, much more support for him then almost any other character in smash. People have been asking for him since 2001, you know. Granted, we don't know his role for sure now, but his chances are higher than most right now.

Also trophy doesn't mean deconfirm. Yet.

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace

Once again, Event match sound clip was found in the game already. ToS is most likely fake.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Cause on the 3DS CSS there's only 4 slots left, Although this can change if this leak is fake I'm not betting on it
Yeah but they found the arrows in the images for the CSS in the 3DS too, meaning spots left over on the 3DS don't matter, there could just be a second page.

Personally I think if there are extra characters the Dixie/Rids/Chorus/M2 are most likely, just because they've been grouped together for so long. If those leaks are all crap, however, I'm going to go with the characters that don't have trophies in the 3DS version - Ridley/Isaac/Ray01.

Past that, there's ToS which throws Impa in, and then there's smash world which is full of crap, lol.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
3/5 Actually, Impa's trophy is ocarina of time based and the description only mentions things from that game
But the trophy is just "Impa," not "Impa (OoT)".

Oh please. For as much bashing there has been, there has been much, much more support for him then almost any other character in smash.
Supporting a character doesn't necessarily mean going into a support thread, yaknow. Support is just wanting the character in Smash, and most newcomers had more support in that sense.

Yeah but they found the arrows in the images for the CSS in the 3DS too, meaning spots left over on the 3DS don't matter, there could just be a second page.

Personally I think if there are extra characters the Dixie/Rids/Chorus/M2 are most likely, just because they've been grouped together for so long. If those leaks are all crap, however, I'm going to go with the characters that don't have trophies in the 3DS version - Ridley/Isaac/Ray01.

Past that, there's ToS which throws Impa in, and then there's smash world which is full of crap, lol.
Or perhaps the arrows were left over from Miis. Notice all the empty slots on SSBU? The idea could of been to give Miis you made a spot on the CSS, but was scrapped for one reason or another.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Or perhaps the arrows were left over from Miis. Notice all the empty slots on SSBU? The idea could of been to give Miis you made a spot on the CSS, but was scrapped for one reason or another.
True, but the fact that they were open to the idea of a second page at all means having another page for DLC characters is not farfetched.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
It actually doesn't even slightly relate to the ice climbers, so no.
I know... He was saying that just because there are sound files were found for event matches that they were basically in. Then the same can be said for ice climbers

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I know... He was saying that just because there are sound files were found for event matches that they were basically in. Then the same can be said for ice climbers
Not even close. The sound files for the ice climbers are in because, as we know, the ice climbers were originally planned to be in the 3DS version but were scrapped for technical difficulties.

As for even matches, we don't know whether or not they are in at all, but saying that "Everything in these sound files are in" does not include something we already know has been cut.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They were in at one time. But removed due to technical issues. If they aren't on the 3DS later, they are pretty much not getting in at all for Smash 4. At least, that's what Sakurai made clear. All playable characters are the ame in both versions(which is why I don't buy an exclusive Playable Boss Mode. They're playable in that case no matter how you slice it)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom