• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tower of Smash Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The order will be by the number of VS matches required to unlock them. That's how it was for Brawl, and that's the pattern so far.

Ness/Falco/Wario
Lucina was already revealed
Dark Pit/Dr. Mario/ROB (Possible reveal trailer for Doc)
Ganondorf/G&W/Bowser Jr. (Probable reveal trailer for Jr.)
Duck Hunt/Jigglypuff (Probable reveal trailer for Duck Hunt)
Some time passes....
(Other characters maybe?)

And of course, since we've only had one set of revealed secret characters, there's not much of a basis for how often it will occur.
I've Edited it to show that

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Smash Tower > Tower of Smash.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I just realized something, the tagline is "Ridley Sizes up for Battle" after he gets shrunk

What?
I'm guessing that's a way for Sakurai to say "Hah!" against those who thought he was already too big to make it in, lol. But personally, i'm a bit "meh" with that headline :/ I hope they choose a more creative one hehe...

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
Sakurai please give some love to your own kirby series and make waddle dee as a playable character Q_Q
I'd be real sad if Kid Icarus gets more love than Kirby... Kirby has like 23 games and K.I only has like 2 and they get the same amount of characters???

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I'm guessing that's a way for Sakurai to say "Hah!" against those who thought he was already too big to make it in, lol. But personally, i'm a bit "meh" with that headline :/ I hope they choose a more creative one hehe...
It's still incredibly unfitting given the context

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai please give some love to your own kirby series and make waddle dee as a playable character Q_Q
I'd be real sad if Kid Icarus gets more love than Kirby... Kirby has like 23 games and K.I only has like 2 and they get the same amount of characters???
Games with more titles having more characters in the game is unfair too. I rather have more DK or Metroid characters, personally.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
like you said kirby has more games so more people know him kid icurus some people dont know about gotta get that rep in even though i dont agree with it 100%

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
I've heard some people say something about six characters being over kill. Has anyone checked the official site yet and seen the six empty slots after the unlockable characters?

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I've heard some people say something about six characters being over kill. Has anyone checked the official site yet and seen the six empty slots after the unlockable characters?
I don't know where everyone's finding these slots on the official sight. I see a list of characters, and they aren't followed by 6 empty squares.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
I don't know where everyone's finding these slots on the official sight. I see a list of characters, and they aren't followed by 6 empty squares.
Hold on, I can screen it for you. ^_^ I'm going to gocback and edit this post so look out for the edit because I don't want to get the double posting warning... I'm on Wii U so I can't screen it from here, but my laptop is next to me. One second though bud.

http://prntscr.com/4t5fkx

Sorry, I don't know how to put a screen shot on here so I just posted the link instead. I took this from my computer.

Last edited:

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Hold on, I can screen it for you. ^_^ I'm going to gocback and edit this post so look out for the edit because I don't want to get the double posting warning... I'm on Wii U so I can't screen it from here, but my laptop is next to me. One second though bud.

http://prntscr.com/4t5fkx

Sorry, I don't know how to put a screen shot on here so I just posted the link instead. I took this from my computer.
Sorry sorry sorry for double post even after I said I wasn't going to do it. Lol I honestly didn't mean to reply to my own message, I was just trying to see if I can get the picture to load.

Last edited:

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet
Alright, now I'm on board with this leak. I want my Ridley and Mewtwo. I really hope this happens.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Came across this supposed leak, And it lines up with this one due to the tourian stage, though it could easily be fake
http://ssb4dojo.com/post/98467541939/rumor-mill-bandana-dee-and-ridley-trailers
Seems very suspect. Anybody versed in fanfiction could come up with a credible-sounding trailer... also, why would the previous characters' taglines flash before Samus's eyes? That seems awkward. I don't like that Bandana Dee doesn't match up with the ToS leak either... though to be honest, I'm a little surprised that Impa's in ToS, so what do I know?

There just isn't enough to go off of here. We have nothing to prove or disprove it by, just simply wait and see if it happens. I'm not buying this one, and fortunately it doesn't hurt ToS at all.

Last edited:

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
I really like the idea of a 100-battle mode, similar to one of the Paper Mario games, and this might not even be ALL of the WiiU exclusive content

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
So far so good my friend

2 more confirmed

And i figured out

The tower of smash rumor involved Ridley, Mewtwo, dixie kong, chorus men, impa as temporary wii u exclusives.
What do you mean TEMPORARY Wii U exclusives?
Does that mean they'll be available to unlock only for a short period of time?

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
I think he means that the Wii U version will have them from the start, but the 3DS version has to download them from the Wii U version.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I think he means that the Wii U version will have them from the start, but the 3DS version has to download them from the Wii U version.
Hm. Sounds reasonable. So these characters are there on the Wii U from the start or will some be unlockables as well? I mean if proven true. Even if this leak holds some potential, I am taking with a grain of salt. So far, it has been accurate.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Hello. While I've been aware of the Tower of Smash leak for awhile now, I'm new to the discussion.

If I recall, this leak had quite a few stages, including returning ones. One of the claims was that Smashville from Brawl is a returning stage even though Town and City is pretty much the same thing.

As anyone else pointed out that one of the screenshots of Wario released last Friday depicted Kirby and him on Smashville, showing that it's returning? Onett was also shown off, which is also on the Tower of Smash Leak, by the way.

Just some food for thought.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Seems very suspect. Anybody versed in fanfiction could come up with a credible-sounding trailer... also, why would the previous characters' taglines flash before Samus's eyes? That seems awkward. I don't like that Bandana Dee doesn't match up with the ToS leak either... though to be honest, I'm a little surprised that Impa's in ToS, so what do I know?

There just isn't enough to go off of here. We have nothing to prove or disprove it by, just simply wait and see if it happens. I'm not buying this one, and fortunately it doesn't hurt ToS at all.
Well if the rumor is true, it could indicate that it is the last newcomer trailer being shown and it is showing all the newcomer's tagline to show everyone that it's the last, and it is to build up the hype for the Ridley "sizes up for battle!"

Even though some people may be confused why, Ridley would probably drum up the most hype from any of the newcomers other then Mega Man and Pac Man because he's that character that people want but never get.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Y'know
If you dig around the Bandana Dee thread
You can find that exact "Trailer"
It was posted like, a few months ago.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Well if the rumor is true, it could indicate that it is the last newcomer trailer being shown and it is showing all the newcomer's tagline to show everyone that it's the last, and it is to build up the hype for the Ridley "sizes up for battle!"

Even though some people may be confused why, Ridley would probably drum up the most hype from any of the newcomers other then Mega Man and Pac Man because he's that character that people want but never get.
Also...the ToS leaker could of simply thought he didn't need to address the lesser character in Bandanna Dee...I mean- he isn't nearly as famous as the other newcomers.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Also...the ToS leaker could of simply thought he didn't need to address the lesser character in Bandanna Dee...I mean- he isn't nearly as famous as the other newcomers.
Well I don't know about that, Banada Dee would be the "WTF" character like Wii Fit Trainer was, and usually a leaker would say something about all the characters, unless of course the TOS guy (assuming it's real) doesn't know every newcomer.

I'm looking at the Smash 3DS character screen to see if they can fit 6 more characters...

Ridley
Impa
Mewtwo
Chrous Men
Dixie Kong
Banada Dee

(Couldn't find a better picture so I am just using the ESRB leak)

If you move Dixie Kong next to Diddy Kong, then Zero Suit Samus will be pushed down, and that wouldn't work.
You could technically put Dixie next to Diddy, Impa next to Toon Link and Chrous Men after Mr. Game and Watch, it still wouldn't work because then the Kirby reps would be split up.
Putting Banada Dee next to Meta Knight could work since ROB would be next to Ness, moving Lucina to the end of row 5
They could technically say "screw order" and just put Banada Dee next to Meta Knight moving Little Mac to the 4th row and putting Rob next to Ness, and then Put Ridley, Impa, Dixie Kong, Chrous Men and Mewtwo at the last row and it could fit.

Edit: Wait, forgot about the Mii's, there is no way they could fit 6 newcomers onto the 3DS screen unless they split them up 50/50 onto 2 pages.

(characters with more then 1 rep on page 1. and characters that don't have more then 1 rep + clones on page 2.

Last edited:

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
Well I don't know about that, Banada Dee would be the "WTF" character like Wii Fit Trainer was, and usually a leaker would say something about all the characters, unless of course the TOS guy (assuming it's real) doesn't know every newcomer.

I'm looking at the Smash 3DS character screen to see if they can fit 6 more characters...

Ridley
Impa
Mewtwo
Chrous Men
Dixie Kong
Banada Dee

If you move Dixie Kong next to Diddy Kong, then Zero Suit Samus will be pushed down, and that wouldn't work.
You could technically put Dixie next to Diddy, Impa next to Toon Link and Chrous Men after Mr. Game and Watch, it still wouldn't work because then the Kirby reps would be split up.
Putting Banada Dee next to Meta Knight could work since ROB would be next to Ness, moving Lucina to the end of row 5
They could technically say "screw order" and just put Banada Dee next to Meta Knight moving Little Mac to the 4th row and putting Rob next to Ness, and then Put Ridley, Impa, Dixie Kong, Chrous Men and Mewtwo at the last row and it could fit.

Edit: Wait, forgot about the Mii's, there is no way they could fit 6 newcomers onto the 3DS screen unless they split them up 50/50 onto 2 pages.

(characters with more then 1 rep on page 1. and characters that don't have more then 1 rep + clones on page 2.
With an arrow icon being ripped from the game, a page 2 is viable, but I could see them simply lumping the transfer/DLC together like they did for the clones.

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman

Ridley
Impa
Mewtwo
Chrous Men
Dixie Kong
Banada Dee

Four to six characters could be possible for a patch shortly after the Wii U's launch. The stand alone characters like Little Mac, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt could fill in the remaining spaces to prevent gaps in franchises. There is the possibility of a DLC page, the Mii Fighters could take up their own page, or the random slot could be mapped to a button. Sakurai can change it up if he pleases.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
why would the previous characters' taglines flash before Samus's eyes? That seems awkward.
If you've played Other M (ew) then when she meets Ridley in that game, she's got PTSD and has flashbacks.
I can only guess it's a reference to that.
Why?
I really don't know.

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
If you've played Other M (ew) then when she meets Ridley in that game, she's got PTSD and has flashbacks.
I can only guess it's a reference to that.
Why?
I really don't know.
Wait what?

Other M is truly something out of this world huh.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
I don't understand why everyone ****s on Other M. Yes it wasn't the best metroid game but the game play was sick. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Prime, but Other M was good. I just hated the cutscenes and voice acting.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I'm still a little skeptical about this leak, but two more confirmed stages does help it's favor, even by just a small amount. Personally, I'd love if this leak was true, but just not the wingless Ridley part. That wouldn't fit his character right.

Here's an idea for a Ridley trailer:
Samus is fighting the Other M Ridley in the Pyrosphere, no challenger text is seen. Ridley defeats Samus, and is about to finish her off. Suddenly, a giant fireball interrupts Ridley, as he jumps back to see what threw it. In comes the Super Metroid Ridley, with the challenger text appearing. Gameplay is shown, and it is revealed that the Other M Ridley will have its own set of costumes. At the end, a cinematic of Mr. Game and Watch running into the Pyrosphere is shown, as the two Ridleys fly at him.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why everyone ****s on Other M. Yes it wasn't the best metroid game but the game play was sick. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Prime, but Other M was good. I just hated the cutscenes and voice acting.
Well, this is not the thread to talk about that, but I'll make an exception. Other M map is pretty linear and gameplay is simply awful. Auto-aiming, easy dodging, D-pad in a 3D environment, point n' click moments, RE4 moments... I can say Other M is a try, an intention of making a 3D Metroid game as fast-paced as the 2D series. But the execution of this idea wasn't a success, it actually killed the series as for today.

I wouldn't mind if they take Other M ideas and make a good game. I mean, a good map, a labrynth in which you can get lost and where you have to find the weapons and power-ups to reach new areas. Then, allow us to play with stick (to move Samus) and Wiimote's pointer to aim (instead of auto-aiming). And then, all the budget spent in disgusting cutscenes and dub could be instead put on level design. I'm not the kind of fanboy that would only accept a Prime 4.

Excuse me for discussing about Other M in a Smash Bros. thread ;)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
They are available for wii u version all the time

But the 3ds version does not get them for a temporary time

And like the rumor said how to get them in the 3dw version it works the same way as how to get the rest of the mario golf characters, which is by transfer from gameboy color to 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom